Elemental Limits

I thought that was debunked.

My Blog

Latest Update: RPG: Character Creation and Stats

My Story Collection

Story Currently in Progress:

End of Yrenta (Review Topic) (Currently at 55 Chapters)

I realize I haven't updated my stories or posted much for quite a while. I will get back it it sometime, and I am still checking the site daily for any interesting topics.

Brickshelf Gallery

Well, I think Toa of Iron can levitate iron, yes, and they could possibly fly with the surfboard method. There was indeed a debunked theory, which was that Toa of Iron could fly by repelling themselves off of the iron in the ground (or Mata Nui's surface, as it may be).

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

Huh, I thought Greg said that the levitating platform technique wouldn't work.

My Blog

My Story Collection

I realize I haven't updated my stories or posted much for quite a while. I will get back it it sometime, and I am still checking the site daily for any interesting topics.

Brickshelf Gallery

The subject of elements that enable flight came up in my Major Confusion on Elements topic (which this is turning kinda dupey of come to think of it :P). I kinda forget some of it, but I know Toa of Stone are not on it.

I would say the self-surfboard method wouldn't work for the same reason (I remember clearly that) it's confirmed not to work for the Mask of Telekinesis. Toa can levitate their element, but only if their feet are on solid ground (or hovering by other means, etc.). Lifting your element and standing on it is like trying to lift yourself by standing on a surfboard and pulling up on the surfboard. Doesn't work.

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

Ah, I remember that conversation now. How did we forget so quickly?

My Blog

My Story Collection

Brickshelf Gallery

Do you mean that if a toa was in free fall, they wouldn't be able to control outside sources of their element?But if we're using the arm theory, ever heard of handstands?

And that's where the conversation about that analogy always seems to go. :P The answer seems to be that there is an intentionally programmed limit to their abilities by the GBs, probably to keep them from being overpowered should they go haywire. Otherwise a Toa of Stone for example shouldn't even need a hovering surfboard but merely push themselves away from bedrock. But they're not on the list of flight-capable Toa, so apparently not.

As for freefall, I don't see why that would limit them from controlling their element... But they'd have to use it in more creative ways to save themselves, if they didn't have a mask power that would help. To continue with Stone as the example, they could make a curving ramp and a surfboard to ride down it with. Others like Water could slow their fall. Some like Sonics might be out of luck though.

Edited by bonesiii

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

Control machines? No, but I suppose they would be able to overload or drain power from devices that run on electricity.

Edit: I mean, they could learn to operate machines by normal means, but not with their elemental power.

Edited by The Iron Toa

My Blog

My Story Collection

Brickshelf Gallery

Based on Bonesiii's reasoning, a Toa of Iron wouldn't be able to do that. But a Toa of Magnetism could make a magnetic field to repel himself off the ground. A Toa of Iron would be able to alter his own weapons and armor, that could count as some physical enhancement.

My Blog

My Story Collection

Brickshelf Gallery

Toa of Iron could repair armor, yes.

And Plasma eats though solid rock and pretty much anything. It makes you very hard to be imprisoned or keep items away from. Ironically, it's biggest weakness would be against a wood cage, since the wood would catch fire in the presence of plasma and could burn the entrapped beings.

Also a glowing ball of plasma would be okay for lighting in dark conditions, not to mention a plasma shield could theoretically dissolve projectile weapons aimed at the wielder. It's a pretty neat element IMO.