Life before the Core War

Maybe all the weapon needed was a transformation from Mata Nui. But he was never around that time. Only he was being constructed by the GBs.

I don't think Mata Nui had anything to do with those weapons. Perhaps the alien race had a way to recharge them, or maybe they were just glow-swords.

I would really like to hear about life before the Core War in future storyline! We'dbe getting a look at some Agori culture, and it'd be interesting to see what the characters did before the War happened! I mean, most of them might have had jobs!

Okay, so the best reference I coud find for life before the War is the comic All Our Sins Remembered, which you can find in the ninth graphic novel. Since I don't think you can find a digital version anywhere, I'll tell you what I could gather.

First off: the planet itself. By the looks of it, it's mostly one big landmass. The side of the planet that is shown does not seem to have any breakaway islands that are visible. This may have had an impact on the people residing there; perhaps there were less isolated communities. Our planet has several large landmasses, so some places you'd have to travel quite some way by air or sea. Spherus Magnans may not have had that so much.

Next, there are some images of the planet, not very much on the people themselves. You can see a desert city- so, the Sand Tribe didn't live anything like they do now. They had high-walled cities, by the looks of things. I'm assuming it's a city; the wall makes it look large. The Agori used dinosaur-like animals for things. There's an image of a couple of Agori riding on a sea-dwelling reptilian creature, which seems to have a saddle of some sort with sails attached to it. People- assumably Agori- are riding on it. This is accompanied by a caption labelling them "te living vessels that sailed the great ocean". They did travel by sea, possibly to get from one side of their big continent to another in a way that was quicker than travelling by land.

Before the Element Lords, they were ruled by the Great Beings themselves. They are described as "brilliant scientist-kings who lived inside a fortress with no entrance. It could be accessed only with their assent". So, they were ruled by "scientist-kings" that did not allow casual visitors. And after some time, of course, the Element Lords were created, as the Great Beings did not want to be bothered "with the day-to-day business of running a world".

Another quote that may be helpful: "Life on Spherus Magna was peaceful, if not always easy". So it seemed to be somewhat peaceful there.

I hope this helps somewhat! If not, I can see what else I can dig up!

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

Strakk's Best Friend, the story of a confusing yet somehow canon friendship.

Terrible Comics, a collection of comics that are terrible.

I would really like to hear about life before the Core War in future storyline! We'dbe getting a look at some Agori culture, and it'd be interesting to see what the characters did before the War happened! I mean, most of them might have had jobs!

Okay, so the best reference I coud find for life before the War is the comic All Our Sins Remembered, which you can find in the ninth graphic novel. Since I don't think you can find a digital version anywhere, I'll tell you what I could gather.

First off: the planet itself. By the looks of it, it's mostly one big landmass. The side of the planet that is shown does not seem to have any breakaway islands that are visible. This may have had an impact on the people residing there; perhaps there were less isolated communities. Our planet has several large landmasses, so some places you'd have to travel quite some way by air or sea. Spherus Magnans may not have had that so much.

Next, there are some images of the planet, not very much on the people themselves. You can see a desert city- so, the Sand Tribe didn't live anything like they do now. They had high-walled cities, by the looks of things. I'm assuming it's a city; the wall makes it look large. The Agori used dinosaur-like animals for things. There's an image of a couple of Agori riding on a sea-dwelling reptilian creature, which seems to have a saddle of some sort with sails attached to it. People- assumably Agori- are riding on it. This is accompanied by a caption labelling them "te living vessels that sailed the great ocean". They did travel by sea, possibly to get from one side of their big continent to another in a way that was quicker than travelling by land.

Before the Element Lords, they were ruled by the Great Beings themselves. They are described as "brilliant scientist-kings who lived inside a fortress with no entrance. It could be accessed only with their assent". So, they were ruled by "scientist-kings" that did not allow casual visitors. And after some time, of course, the Element Lords were created, as the Great Beings did not want to be bothered "with the day-to-day business of running a world".

Another quote that may be helpful: "Life on Spherus Magna was peaceful, if not always easy". So it seemed to be somewhat peaceful there.

I hope this helps somewhat! If not, I can see what else I can dig up!

This is pretty informative. :) I should look in the Graphic Novel myself and see if there's anything else you may have missed.

toakopaka.png
Credit goes to Linus Van Pelt (Formerly known as Cherixon) and Spectral Avohkii Enterprises

My Memoirs of the Dead entry, Reflectons:

http://www.bzpower.com/board/index.php?showtopic=7351

I need to know there lifestyles before the war. This won't be on any future story line (I maybe wrong), except for my fanon story line. If you find more info on it, you'll help me reshape my story line.

Well, what specifically would you like to know? Sorry that nothing I could find helped you, by the way. :c But if you ask me something specific- like, say, what a certain tribe was like or something, I'm sure I could come up with some well-researched theories!

At the moment, we know very little about their lifestyles, and all we have is mostly interpretation. We know that their daily life was managed first by rulers that cared more for their experiments than their people, and then by the Element Lords, who we know very little about. In the comic, a few of them saw the Energized Protodermis as something to make them more powerful, to be more powerful than the Great Beings themselves. So that should tell you something about their sort of ruling. Then again, this sort of view was mainly brought up by the Element Lord of Ice, so perhaps the Ice Tribe were mostly exposed to that sort of treatment.

We know that they seem to live on one big landmass, so they could possibly be more 'connected' as a group of tribes, with no real need to travel through water or air to get somewhere.

We know they used reptilian animals for, at the very least, transportation.

Other than that, you may need to do some interpretation of your own!

We know that before the war, the planet was relatively peaceful.

Edited by ZippyWharrgarbl

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

Strakk's Best Friend, the story of a confusing yet somehow canon friendship.

Terrible Comics, a collection of comics that are terrible.

Well, I would guess that their lifestyles pre-implants/armor would be much like ours, but with much longer lifespans. Each might be a lot more knowledgeable than the average human since they had so long to collect knowledge, though not sure how big a role memory loss over time plays.

When the implants and armor were introduced, something societally would likely have to explain that. It's natural when major universal changes happen like that for some to resist it (look at BZP's history of resisting every change LEGO made for example lol). So for quite a while I imagine there would be groups that would be speaking out against the weirdness of turning their people into cyborgs. That could be fun to play with in a story.

At some point later, unrest due to the GBs' lack of desire to interact with their subjects could play a major role, culminating in the creation of the Element Lords, and possible resistance to that change as well in the mix. Especially if the Lords don't live up to people's hopes (a feeling that obviously rose up very strongly after the Core War).

So there's a few sketchy theories. :P

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

I wonder if the red star was around before Mata Nui was constructed? Wasn't a place where it guided the Mata Nui robot.

No, it was built during the the construction of his body, or around that time.

toakopaka.png
Credit goes to Linus Van Pelt (Formerly known as Cherixon) and Spectral Avohkii Enterprises

My Memoirs of the Dead entry, Reflectons:

http://www.bzpower.com/board/index.php?showtopic=7351

Were the Battera created before the war? I think they were, because they were created to kill any armed warrior, right?

No. The whole point was to (try to) end the war. :) Quote from BS01:

The Great Beings, unable to stop the Core War on Spherus Magna by peaceful means, created the Baterra as elite assassins, and tasked them with killing all armed combatants.

Edited by bonesiii

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)