Ads

Meiko

So, I honestly don't pay attention to ads that much, and when I do they are usually helpful (yay), but I get some for a particular video hosting site that we can't mention or link to here. It's not inappropriate, and it doesn't bother me, but I was wondering if it is an appropriate ad for something that usually isn't mentionable here, do I report it?

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

If it contains anything that would be deemed inappropriate on the BZP forums, then it is reportable. To report, PM any Forum Assistant with the URL you get when you click the ad, a description of the ad, and a screenshot of the ad. :)

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

The thing is, it's not inappropriate at all. But the fact of it being mentioned/linked in the forums not being allowed in BZPower policy makes me question if it should or shouldn't be an ad on the forums. If a new user saw the ad on this site, they might think it is acceptable to link to or mention if they haven't yet read all of BZPower's policy.

I didn't get a screenshot, but it's not like a screenshot would cause any concern about the ad, because it was just an announcement and the site's logo.

Edited by Meiko

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

Sites with commenting systems, aside from a few exceptions, cannot be linked to or mentioned on BZP, and like I said in my earlier post, if the ad contains anything that's not acceptable in the forums, then the ad can be reported.I didn't mean "inappropriate" in terms of wordfilter evasion, but rather as a broad term to describe anything barred by the BZP Rules and Guidelines, from politics to religion to wordfilter evasion to sites with commenting systems.

Edited by Sumiki

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

What Meiko means is that the ad itself is perfectly fine but it links to a site that is normally not allowed to be linked to in the forums. His question is whether that ad should be reported or not, even if the ad's contents themselves are fine.-Gata signoff.png

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^