The Office

Toa Nidhiki05

I've seen every episode countless times. Not even joking. Wonderful show. But it'll never be the same without Steve. I'll still watch it every week though, because in the end it's still The Office. Did anyone else have a brain spasm when Michael said "Hey, let me know if this ever airs" when he was leaving at the airport? xP

IetTsFQ.png

I love the show, and even without Steve Carell, I think Ed Helms has done a wonderful job so far. It seems like a whole new Office, but isn't at the same time.

Yeah, they handled the switch great - bringing in an outside guy (Robert California) and using Ed Helms is working really well, I think.

I've seen every episode countless times. Not even joking. Wonderful show. But it'll never be the same without Steve. I'll still watch it every week though, because in the end it's still The Office. Did anyone else have a brain spasm when Michael said "Hey, let me know if this ever airs" when he was leaving at the airport? xP

Steve was the best character on the show by far, but we still have Dwight, Jim, Pam, Darryl, Andy, etc. That's the great thing about the Office's ensemble cast - we still have half a dozen other oddball characters.

I love the show, and even without Steve Carell, I think Ed Helms has done a wonderful job so far. It seems like a whole new Office, but isn't at the same time.

Yeah, they handled the switch great - bringing in an outside guy (Robert California) and using Ed Helms is working really well, I think.
Yes, James Spader is very well like, I don't know how to say it. But his "plain" comedy is well just hilarious.

I love the Office. It's just a great comedy show, and basically the only one I watch. I've been having something of a marathon of the Office the past two weeks on Netflix, and I'm almost at the end. I still haven't seen any of the episodes after Steve Carrel left, is it still worth it to actually watch anymore?

LZ-127%20in%20Fahrt%20m.jpg

I love the Office. It's just a great comedy show, and basically the only one I watch. I've been having something of a marathon of the Office the past two weeks on Netflix, and I'm almost at the end. I still haven't seen any of the episodes after Steve Carrel left, is it still worth it to actually watch anymore?

Oh yeah, there have been some great moments even without him. "Dwight K. Schrute (Acting) Manager", "Search Committee", and "The Incentive" are all really good.

Steve was the best character on the show by far, but we still have Dwight, Jim, Pam, Darryl, Andy, etc. That's the great thing about the Office's ensemble cast - we still have half a dozen other oddball characters.
[spoiler alert, Zeppelin] Yes, but IMO Steve really tied all of the characters together...I dunno. It's still good though, and I like Andy as the boss. Frankly, I don't like Dwight like I used to. He used to be these inferior suckup nerd, but in season 7 and up he's kind of...evil. Especially in the Classy Christmas episodes. That was horrifying. :devil:

IetTsFQ.png

Love this show, even at its worst it's still better than 90% of what's on TV. They handled Steve's departure really well, and as mentioned before they have such a great ensemble cast it's more than capable of holding its own without him. I have to say I thought Season 8 got off to kind of a slow start, but Garden Party totally turned that around for me. Hilarious episode. "I'd like to toast the troops. ALL the troops. Both sides."

p

This show. Definitely my favorite comedy show ever. I haven't managed to see any of season 8 yet, but I'm looking forward to seeing Andy as manager.Personally, I think Michael's leaving was handled perfectly and the episodes following in season 7 proved it can be great even without him, so I'm not worried.And I feel the need to say that Threat Level Midnight was amazing. Just amazing.

AXKP5KC.png

This show. Definitely my favorite comedy show ever. I haven't managed to see any of season 8 yet, but I'm looking forward to seeing Andy as manager. Personally, I think Michael's leaving was handled perfectly and the episodes following in season 7 proved it can be great even without him, so I'm not worried. And I feel the need to say that Threat Level Midnight was amazing. Just amazing.

Yes! Threat Level Midnight! That episode kept me content for a while. :blushlaugh: I couldn't stand Will Ferrel for one second, though. Glad he only lasted a few episodes.

IetTsFQ.png

This show. Definitely my favorite comedy show ever. I haven't managed to see any of season 8 yet, but I'm looking forward to seeing Andy as manager. Personally, I think Michael's leaving was handled perfectly and the episodes following in season 7 proved it can be great even without him, so I'm not worried. And I feel the need to say that Threat Level Midnight was amazing. Just amazing.

Yes! Threat Level Midnight! That episode kept me content for a while. :blushlaugh: I couldn't stand Will Ferrel for one second, though. Glad he only lasted a few episodes.
I actually liked the few episodes that Will Ferrel was in. I especially like the first episode that he and Michael first met. But, I already like Will Ferrel as an actor, I just don't think he was good for the Office, and honestly, I'm glad that he didn't stay for too long.
LZ-127%20in%20Fahrt%20m.jpg

For the record, it was based on a UK show (which was very popular in its heyday) but obviously I'm assuming this topic will be about the US version =P. The new season isn't too bad. If anything, I think they're focusing on Andy and Robert a bit too much, but it's still pretty darn funny. Definitely one of my favorite comedy series.

For the record, it was based on a UK show (which was very popular in its heyday) but obviously I'm assuming this topic will be about the US version =P.

I know, but does anyone legitimately prefer the UK version over the US version? A lot of the early content of the US version is identical to the former, but is a lot more enjoyable. At least through my eyes.

IetTsFQ.png

The new season isn't too bad. If anything, I think they're focusing on Andy and Robert a bit too much, but it's still pretty darn funny. Definitely one of my favorite comedy series.

I agree that Andy's time in the spotlight is a little much, but I'm not sure where you're getting that Robert is overused. He was barely in the second episode and completely absent from the third. I actually like that they're not relying on him too much, it shows they're still confident that the old cast is enough.

p

The new season isn't too bad. If anything, I think they're focusing on Andy and Robert a bit too much, but it's still pretty darn funny. Definitely one of my favorite comedy series.

I agree that Andy's time in the spotlight is a little much, but I'm not sure where you're getting that Robert is overused. He was barely in the second episode and completely absent from the third. I actually like that they're not relying on him too much, it shows they're still confident that the old cast is enough.
Yeah, but if you compare him to Jo Bennet, or even David Wallace or Jan, he's there a lot, and he's contracted for 15 episodes total, which is two-thirds of the entire season. I like his overbearing yet somehow charismatic personality, but I'm finding him to be a little much; the personality becomes one-note pretty quickly. He's the catalyst for half of what's going on in the show, and I think it should just remain a little more grounded, with the main cast dealing with their own problems (like the warehouse quitting =P).

I've been confused by the whole Gabe thing as well, given Jo basically kicked him out of Scranton for getting involved with Erin. But enough time has passed between seasons to get to the point where Pam is very pregnant, so perhaps the new CEO James Spader sent him back at some point? It's a really bizarre plothole. -TN05

There is a specific deleted scene that addresses Gabe's return (dunno if I can link to NBC's website, but it's easy to find), but yeah, it's weird that they didn't include it; I have no specific desire to take for granted that he's back. At least he's reverted to his former self: meek, nerdy, authority issues, as opposed to the creepy manic stalker in the latter portions of season 7. He hasn't had much direct interaction with Andy, so I foresee some kind of confrontation in the future.

Ughh, I saw one episode without Steve and that's all it took for me to know the show had gone down the drain, it was the one where they did things to the billabords that Andy put up and he had a garden party later on.

Lonliness echoes through my mind like the reaper's footsteps,

Creeping, crawling until every reverberation of it fills my thoughts,

As the inky blackness of night overwhelms me and I begin to despair,

His hand, the One, will always be there to pull me through.

Don't you just love it when you lose all your BZPower info as well as your email info and are forced to use an old alt? I know I do!

Ughh, I saw one episode without Steve and that's all it took for me to know the show had gone down the drain, it was the one where they did things to the billabords that Andy put up and he had a garden party later on.

I never really cared for the office. To me, it was too much like a real office. Sometimes it's fun and it's always funny, but mostly it's just uncomfortable and awkward. However, the show really loses something without Steve Carell. It's he really made the show a little less... Depressing.

Nuparu's BoomBoxor is temporarily out of commission (been infected by some malware & whatnot, curse those anonymous russian bots). I guess I'll get around to putting it back up eventually. Maybe when Templar finally get around to re-doing the soundtrack to MNOG.

Um, I'm not too crazy about the current season, actually. Maybe it's the current economy, but aside from when Andy gets his butt tattooed, it's been kind of deppresing and too realistic. Also, they need more Dwight.

Thank you, BZPower staff. In the past, I wish I showed more appreciation for all that you do. From one Bionicle fan to another, thank you.

I feel like if we zoom in too much on Dwight he'll just end up being really depressed about how he didn't get the manager job. He's had some great moments this season, but aside from that apathetic, defeatist talking head about how he's waiting for Andy to flub it, Dwight has been more of an ambient presence than a character. I'd like Andy to have one of his heart to heart's with Dwight, too, like he did with Darryl, before Dwight can be considered fully interactive.