Blunderbuss

Chro

Very impressive MOC. I like how you distributed the head and armor shells from one Carapar set to serve as an accent color on a much larger, otherwise more-or-less monochrome MOC. It's really effective-- a lot of times, it's difficult to use the Barraki parts that are blended with transparent colors since their apparent color rarely matches any differently-colored parts, but you made it work.I like the pairing of the Akaku Nuva's organic curves with the similar textures of Carapar's armor pieces, but I'm also impressed with how well you organized the more machine-tooled and mechanical textures of the other parts so they do not clash with the model as a whole. The tubes and other mechanical textures in the back suggest a very economical mecha design, where the front is heavily-armored for defense and intimidation while the functional elements in the back are left exposed. If this were an enemy in a video game or television series, that would inevitably be the weak point the hero would inevitably exploit; however, it is hardly "weak" as far as concept design is concerned.Your comparison pic with an Inika torso frame really goes to show that a MOC need not be large to be a sculptural masterpiece (and yet your previous MOC, Vadalan, demonstrated that you're no slouch when it comes to MOCing at a larger scale, either). All in all, this is a great work that really integrates BIONICLE and Hero Factory parts and building styles quite well into a sci-fi design wholly separate from the typical aesthetic of either theme.

Out of all the MOCs I have seen from you, this is almost the height of a typical Inika build. (Which is something that I always do.) I see you went for an armored mech brute, seeing how his legs are and his arms. I also like his fingers, no that he is cool. I could tell he was mech due to the back shot showing all those pipes. (Even I can't do that.) His legs seem like something I can do, though until then, your are an epic MOCer.

gallery_110528_107_5250.jpg

Thanks everyone. :lol:

I could tell he was mech due to the back shot showing all those pipes.

Actually, not a mech... I don't know why tubes and wires automatically make him a complete robot. Indeed, I was going for a contrast between organic and robotic that's more obvious than usual Bionicle builds, with the Carapar armor and the black bulky parts. :)

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits