Photo was taken just this afternoon.
Photo was taken just this afternoon.
To all you game makers out there, you want to check out this week's Humble Bundle. You can pay as much or as little as you want for a copy of RPG Maker VX Ace, plus some additional DLC and a couple of games. Pay at least $6 and you get RPG Maker XP, some more resources, and a few more games. Pay $12 or more and you get the Game Character Hub, more game resources, and another game. It's a great deal, and you can send the money to charity, the developers, or any combination.
This has been a Public Service Announcement from the FCG Staff.
Source: Amazing Deal on RPG Maker
So why Dubai? My sister lives and works there, so I decided to spend this year's vacation time visiting her. This stop wasn't originally part of the plan so of course, the parents are worried, but that's standby travel for you, and at least this option is, well, affordable.
At any rate, I'm excited. Hope I remember to take and share some pictures.
I felt like I was going around in circles, turns out there's an option right there on the left side of google+
Well, between website, youtube, and google+ page, I'm poised to begin marketing Power Lies Beneath when the time comes.
Man, that took a lot longer than it needed too.
*Also there might be another google account floating about now...
The idea is to have powerliesbeneath.com go live once the first beta gets closer to release -- something I plan to do late this year. The domain is already in my possession, but I'm going to wait before shelling out more many for hosting that I don't need just yet.
Just thought I'd give everyone a heads up.
The first of two animation textbooks came in yesterday. Lack of any animation skills whatsoever has been a huge setback for me and Power Lies Beneath. With it being an action game, good animations really are a core part of the experience.
I'm sure some animators out there a familiar with The Illusion of Life, the book by OIllie Johnson about Walt Disney's studio? That's the first book that came in and it's quite inspirational. Not enough to quit my day job, but man, I'm liking it so far.
As far as actual game mechanics go, it's typical Unity shenanigans. You can't code a system from scratch so you hope that an asset out there can at least get you going in the right direction. But, many of the assets I buy (or even free ones), aren't as well documented or well-developed as they should be. "You get what you pay for" also doesn't apply as much as you would think (probably the most dangerous part about dealing with the asset store).
Of course, Unity's core audience doesn't seem to know how to code, so many of them love these bad or buggy code snippets anyway and it gets them one step closer to their dream.
Ah well. What can you do?
Well, nothing has really changed visually in my game, but here's a screenshot anyway of a Hoto bug getting its AI rigged up. Those blue rings are basically its "affect field". If you're within those rings, the Hoto bug shoots goo at you. The black lines are part of a second field that depicts the Hoto bug's field of vision. And of course, there's the golden waypoint route in the grass.
I'm really tired (as per usual on Fridays unfortunately), so I'm about to read some more of the Disney book and head to bed. Hope y'all have a great night!
Nonetheless, I went with it.
Then Deep Web Tour was announced. And guess which weekend Childish Gambino decided to perform in Texas?
No, seriously. Guess.
All hope seemed lost.
But then, something new arose; a Titan would Fall, and there would be much celebration. And... guess what? Childish Gambino likes the game so much that he would be there too! (He really did say during the concert that he thought Titanfall was a cool game).
Here are some pictures from the event. I hope to post videos too, but they need to be edited first because holding a camera steady while getting the zoom right is apparently quite difficult.
Awesome game + awesome rapper + awesome internet celebrities = awesome Monday night. Got a picture with Major Nelson (I don't really listen to his podcast that much, but hey, free photo!) Got to see (but not approach -- I ain't ready for that yet (why are they so tall?)) the Rooster Teeth crew, and got some free stuff including a Titanfall t-shirt. Vince Zampella and Yusuf Mehdi were also there and they talked a little bit about the game. And all for the price of waiting in line for 4 hours after a full work day.
Say what you want, it was totally worth it. Only issues were my lacking in height and weight which sometimes led to me being thrown around like a ragdoll on the quite small standing room space. It also I meant I sometimes had to jump to see the performance. Also, many non-Titanfall fans only there for the concert. Ah well, that just meant more time to play the game myself, as they all crowded the front of the stage an hour before the show began.
I've been spending the past couple evenings catching up on sleep, hence the slight delay. The Titanfall game should also be reaching my doorstep tomorrow.
BZPRPG players, I apologize in advance.
Another shout out to DeeVee and Nukaya for letting me crash at their place for 4 nights. I don't think I've ever been to a place with more Lego besides cons and stores.
Special shoutout to EmperorWhenua, Kayru, xccj, Kakaru, and that public attendee (whose name I can't remember unfortunately) for being there. It's always great to meet new BZPers. Here's to hoping we meet again.
Now I'm just hoping everyone gets to see this entry before it gets bumped by where I went last night.
The LEGO Movie
Honestly, I wasn't sure about going to see it at first. For one, the trailers didn't blow me away like they did for other people, and I knew I'd probably be seeing it surrounded by noisy kids on a Saturday afternoon (note: Saturday afternoons are the only windows of free time I really have to venture out into the city).
Anyway, I heard about the great reviews so I thought 'How bad could it be', and I was pleasantly surprised at the writing, the animation, and even the interesting ending (I don't see how they plan to top that in the sequel). I'm glad I went to go see it, and it was definitely money well spent. I now can see why the more hardcore LEGO fans adore this movie so much. The people behind this really went above and beyond to give LEGO fans of all ages what they want.
Definitely go see it if you're a big LEGO fan. Though I sure if you were you've already seen it.
This was not a movie I was intending to see, originally. I was with a group and a few people said that the movie was pretty good, and I've seen mentions of it around here and on the internet and general, plus there's critical acclaim. With all of that, I figured, 'there's no way I can hate this movie, at least'. So, I went and watched the movie with my coworkers. Indeed, I was right.
It's always interesting to watch a movie that really doesn't engage you at any emotional level, but you can't help but smile and love the movie because you can still see and appreciate its greatness. That's what Frozen is to me. Engaging visuals, exceptional attention to detail, great writing that I didn't expect, moderately tolerable anthropomorphic comic reliefs, and an all around good movie that I could see had a lot work and thought put into it.
If I can like this movie, there's hardly much excuse for anyone else. I recommend it.
- Breaking news: The Gukko Force has tamed Nui Rama?! Flyers about Le-Koro are recruiting new high-fliers for the Gukko Force. However, instead of riding birds the new members are going to be riding... Nui-Rama?!
- A Rare Sight: It seems to be raining over the Po-Wahi desert.
- War of Wits: A game of chess wages on between Riaril and Rekhan in the Ko-Koro citadel.
- Train Fight: Ishi Polzin leaves Po-Koro, gets into a furious train fight on the Iron Mahi, and then travels from the port of Forsi to Ga-Koro. When he returns, there is rain in the sky, and the cobble streets have become dark with wet sand.
- Contest! A Musical Competition is announced by a twin duo. It is going to be held in Le-Koro. Bring out your best in-game musical talents, players!
- Avenging Those Who Are Lost: The Ussalry is preparing for military response to the odd disappearances of travelers in the tunnels, as well as rallying a guard for Akiri Nuparu during the soon to come Akiri Summit at Kini-Nui.
- Rise of a Village: Ihu-Koro has become active, their main export a rare metal substance known as Rena Ore. Commissions may be made by visiting the Koro on Mt. Ihu’s crown.
- The Tense Waiting: The interrogation of Akriin by Akiri Jaller has begun.
- New Inn in Ta-Koro: A new Inn has opened up in Ta-Koro: The Burning Hearth.
- The Naval Battle Rages On: Outside the lighthouse, the Invincible is joined in the waters by the Infernavika. Settling on a public deal of ten percent prize earnings to the pirates, Iraira allows them to aid in the dive expedition. However, the dive is temporarily canceled to get back Verak. Before they can enter the lighthouse, a rogue toa of earth named Kavala boards the pirate ship and begins a ferocious sea battle. Kordo escapes and steals himself away to the mainland in a lifeboat after regaining his Hagah Cannon. To distract Kavala, Iraira plunges into the sea and uses her powers of crystal to set the saline water against him. It works, and the Infernavika stops its tilt into the sea.
- Feel a need for adventure on the high seas? Have a calling for justice and the law? Join the Marine Force of Ga-Koro! Equal opportunity employer with choice benefits, seeking qualified police persons. Sailing experience a bonus, but not necessary. All recruits go through basic training in land and aquatic environments. Apply at the Ga-Koro Marine Force headquarters.
- Suspected terrorist captured! The Ta-Koro Guard has been seeing taking a toa of lightning into custody. Is this the terrorist who damaged the Ta-Koro monorail? Authorities have yet to release any information for clarification.
- Want technology? Want the manly power of drill-staches? Visit the Grand Bazaar in Onu-Koro for all sorts of wondrous items!
- MELTDOWN AT THE DINNER TABLE! In a shocking display of emotions, Dorian Shaddix explodes in the Brightstar Inn in Le-Wahi. What is the cause of this mysterious argument between two toa? Those who know are avoiding our reporters at this time.
- Employement Opportunity: Looking for medical professionals to staff the MN Research Institute in Ko-Wahi. Flexible schedules and payment opportunities dependent on expertise and experience.
- Most Unnatural! Rain in Po-Wahi has been reported by our reporters in the stony city. Apparently, what started as a dark cloud has become a torrential storm unlike most things ever seen! Storm hunters: Po-Koro is your Arhtahka right now!
- Fake Po-Koran Sentinel Sighted: Reports from Po-Koro tell the Daily that a Matoran wearing a forged Sentinel badge was sighted in Po-Koro. The criminal managed to fool several merchants before being discovered by a real Sentinel. The Sentinel unfortunately lost the offender in the following chase. Reports indicate that an individual later matching his description was seen leaving the Po-Koro gates.
- NM Research Hospital looking for prospective Applicants: The famed Nuju-Marillion Research Hospital in Ko-Wahi is looking for prospective staff members. Healers, surgeons, herbalists, and psychologists, and PT instructors are all open for candidacy. Pay will be based upon prior experience and quality of success. Inquire at the front desk.
- Le-Koran Bandits Stalking Onu-Wahi's Highways: Reports from the Ussalry have been released. These reports detail scattered massacres and plundering of merchant caravans along isolated areas of Onu-Wahi's highways. The authorities have connected these crimes to earlier raids in Le-Wahi, over twenty years ago. The bandits are thus presumed to Le-Matoran, wealthy and heavily armed. If you have any suspicions that you have encountered these criminals, contact Ussalry Headquarters at once.
- The Crab-Ridin', They Are A-Changin': The Ussalry has recently obtained unique weapons and defense technology ranging from steam cannon to the Patero launcher, nearly all found exclusively in Onu-Koro. It has changed along with this development by dividing itself into the three regiments of Heavy Cavalry, Light Cavalry, and Special Operations, the three branches headed by Gavarm, Leli, and Noxra Immiti, respectively.
- "Red Star" Crew sets off towards Ko-Wahi: The large crew mentioned in the last update is starting to assemble, many of its members first meeting in Po-Wahi. The crew has now set off towards Ko-Wahi to meet with the remaining adventurers. It is only a matter of time before their journey begins. Stay tuned for more updates.
- Large Crew Needed for Voyage: Toa Ignitus, Rerus, Oriak, Xadah, Gravus, and others are recruiting brave adventurers to be their crew on a dangerous journey across the ocean. The ship will sail in the direction of the Red Star in hopes of learning more about whether it does connect to the Vault Riddle. Head to the Ko-Koro Inn and seek out the aforementioned group of Toa to learn more.
- Onu-Matoran Company Visits Ga-Koro: Early this morning a traveling band of Onu-Matoran, flanked by members of the Ussalry, visited Akiri Hahli for a meeting. They are currently in conference. What could they be discussing? We hope to get the scoop when they're finished.
- Hau Karda are reforming in Po-Wahi
- A defector of Ak’rei’an and his companion find possible accomplices in Po-Koro.
- Akiri Hewkii has a moving moment of insecurity and helplessness at the grave of Turaga Onewa.
- The Red star group is currently stagnating in Ko-Wahi
- Ak’rei’an has been converting captives at a furious rate, their numbers growing significantly in a manner of a few days.
- Jorruk and Rakona try to pass themselves off as Mata-Nui religious fanatics to buy Stalix powder from AKiru’s forge in order to destroy The Vault in Mangaia. However, Miraul Akiru decides Stannis Maru must be spoken to before the sale can be made, telling Jorruk to come with him to Po-Koro and speak with the toa of stone for guidance.
- The night fight between a mercenary and several Marines is still on pause for the time being. Ex-markbearer and convict Jykal has become a component of the fight.
- The Paladins continue to train and learn about their elemental powers.
- The Polzin company is nearly sabotaged by a vortixx mercenary named Nika Draen.
- The Dasaka are marching South from Ta-Wahi into Ga-Wahi beach.
- The secretive onu-matoran woman of many names and faces hires Tarpo as a spy.
- The Piraka seem to be making landfall on the shores of Ta-Wahi, but have yet to come into contact with any inhabitants.
- Arjun, Alfon, and several other beings meet at the Brighstar Inn by happenstance. A toa of crystal, Vrina, shows her powers for creating diamond arrowheads. Much more happens; go read it. The next day, Alfon, Arjun, and a new compatriot named Hasil all decide to join the Rama-Riders division of the Gukko Force.
- Joske and company arrived at the Brightstar Inn after being greeted by Akiri Kongu, Korero Maru, and Sisk of the Wind Riders. Dorian and Joske got into an argument about being truthful and eventually Dorian had a complete mental breakdown, shouting and revealing the names of the Turaga assassins of Bad Company, Aurelia, and that he had been taking drugs. After collapsing in Agni’s arms, Joske spirited away with the toa of iron to the Temple of Faith in Le-Koro. The two are still in contemplative talking, though broken by the shocking discovery of Ambages appointment as Vizier of Ko-Koro.
- The ILF is met with some unexpected recruits: Jin disguised as another woman, A smiling Grokk, and a vortixx covered in a dark cloak who is actually Strakolix from theInvincible’s crew. That’s BZP-time folks, don’t even try to explain it with a Tardis or Time-turner: won’t work.
- Verak was found and brought into the basement of the lighthouse by a mysterious Onu-Lesterin who is so far unnamed. Letting Verak have a kanohi Kualsi, he then presented the toa of sand to his ragtag group of cannibal refugees, calling for a welcoming party. Argun, a brutish man stepped up to the plate and attacked Verak with the intent to butcher.
- A sailor from another vessel happens upon the ocean brawl and joins the pirates and marines after being offered a stable deck aboard Lohkar’s ship.
- The Dasaka arrive on the beaches of Ga-Wahi, heading South from Ta-Wahi.
- A nighttime fight is breaking out between a group of drunk marines and mercenaries. There is a marine captive.
- The Ussalry is assembling its tour de force for the Kini-Nui Summit.
- Battle in Xa-Koro between Kavala, the Infernavika, and the Marines has escalated. What is truly "Creeping from the deep?"
- The red star group has yet to leave Mata-Nui.
- Ga-Koro Dive Expedition Underway: The crew of The Invincible have made fall at the Kumu-Islets and are beginning to explore the ruins below the waves.
- Timeskip is in the works in response to the data loss.
Location: Austin, TX
Favorite color: Cyan
Occupation: Software developer
Games I'm current playing: The Stanley Parable
TV shows I'm watching: Game of Thrones
Interests: Bionicle, Ninjago, Game Grumps, RWBY (Rooster Teeth in general), assorted genres of music (electronica, alt. rock, classic rock, instrumental, classical, and hip-hop), music composition/remixing, programming, and game development.
Attended Brickfair VA 2009 and 2013, Brickfair AL 2012, Brick Fiesta 2011 and 2013, Bricks Cascade 2014
Also attended PAX East 2013 and RTX 2014.
Pumping more iron than I probably should
Actually a liberal arts guy who just majored in Software Engineering
0 user(s) viewing
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users
- 3d bionicle game
- power lies beneath
- School & Engineering in General
- fan created games
- new game
- lego convention
- mata zuto
- gaming convention
- brickfair al
- bionicle the game
- game titles
- donald glover
- 10 years
- brickfiesta 2014
- blog theme
- game development
- awesome admin
- empty house
- boring old blog
- flow of the river
- ask me anything
- fantasy ai