Requiem IV Personnel Quarters

Wait, in the Profile topic, what is the difference between 'Data Retrieved, Files Corrupted' and 'Recovering Deleted Files'?

Despite what people would like you to believe, if you delete something in your recycle bin, it can still be recovered with the right equipment. Most of these files were simply damaged, and the computer is trying to repair them.

Some number of them, for reasons unknown, have been completely deleted from the system, and the computer is trying to piece them back together.

That's what I'd theorize. Or maybe Mr. Flibble is just messing with you.

-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (often attributed to Voltaire)

A thing called a "pointer" normally links to that point in memory. When you "delete" something from your recycle bin, it deletes the pointer and tells the computer that it can use that memory.However, the data is still there, until it's written over.

No such thing as destiny.

BZPRPG Profiles

ID Tag: 59049 [Canary]

Gender & Species: Female, Vortixx

Appearance: Shorter than average. Her armour is black, and her eyes are cyan.

Powersuit: 59049's powersuit is composed of intricately interlocked panels that lend a very fluid form to it. Each panel is a slightly different shade of blue. It is equipped with numerous ports for interfacing with computers, along with the necessary processors and software to do so. The suit also has Infrared and Ultraviolet imaging capabilities. The suit's fingertips are needle-sharp, and made of Protosteel. Additionally, 59049's suit also has lights mounted on the shoulders.

Abilities: Powerful telekinesis (However, 59049 can only use its full strength in dire situations), limited telepathy (short-range), and sporadic astral projection (inconvenient during a fight, I'd imagine), all resulting from a mutation.

Personality: 59049 tries to avoid fighting whenever she can, but when backed into a corner, will do whatever it takes to survive. 59049 does not trust anyone but herself, and always assumes that something is out to get her. She is not above using others to get what she wants, and is very manipulative. She is, however, as efficient and ruthless as any self-respecting Vortixx should be. 59049 does not have qualms about killing a person if the cease to be useful to her.

Edited by Killer_Myr

ID Tag: 00000 [Canary]

Gender & Species: Female, Vortixx

Appearance: Shorter than average. Her armour is black, and her eyes are cyan.

Powersuit: 00000's powersuit is composed of intricately interlocked panels that lend a very fluid form to it. Each panel is a slightly different shade of blue. It is equipped with numerous ports for interfacing with computers, along with the necessary processors and software to do so. The suit also has Infrared and Ultraviolet imaging capabilities. The suit's fingertips are needle-sharp, and made of Protosteel. Additionally, 00000's suit also has lights mounted on the shoulders.

Abilities: Powerful telekinesis (However, 00000 can only use its full strength in dire situations), limited telepathy (short-range), and sporadic astral projection (inconvenient during a fight, I'd imagine), all resulting from a mutation.

Personality: 00000 tries to avoid fighting whenever she can, but when backed into a corner, will do whatever it takes to survive. 00000 does not trust anyone but herself, and always assumes that something is out to get her. She is not above using others to get what she wants, and is very manipulative. She is, however, as efficient and ruthless as any self-respecting Vortixx should be. 00000 does not have qualms about killing a person if the cease to be useful to her.

As I said when you asked of this, there is no 00000. Unless there is. This isn't 00000 in the even of existence/nonexistence.

Pray tell the meaning of "sporadic astral projection".

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

Well, sporadic meaning random, and random, in this context, meaning controlled by you, I just gave you a way to mess with one of my characters and drop hints at the same time. I figured you'd enjoy the potential for shenanigans.

I'll edit the name.

In that case, approved. Don't expect miracles with the projection, though.

Wait, I forgot to ask about this again:

What make Kaithis's profile different from the rest of our profiles?

The first announcement I made was for two players to create profiles. They would be separated, much like the Canaries, but under stricter regulations and perhaps a little more plot significance. I'm still waiting on the second profile.

Edited by Toa Levacius Zehvor

So toa levacius, where will our group end up after the hallway we are walking through? Or is is still a secret?

I'll be posting that up along with a few other things momentarily.

[Canary] ID Tag: 767Gender and Species: Male Toa of IronAppearance: He's handsome, to be sure. Tall and muscular, softly glowing grey eyes, smooth silver armor. His shoulder armor is a soft orange, gradually fading into the silver around his neck and elbows.Power Suit: He's obviously intended to be a guard, his suit mildly armored. Its main capabilities are the power to project a laser blade approximately four feet in length, and a two by three foot energy shield.Abilities: Control over iron when outside his suit, Kakama speed when his mask activates.Personality: He's serious most of the time, evidently made that way by something in his past- something he can't remember. From time to time a part of his base personality will show through, a joke or a smile, though it's far from reasserting itself. Sometimes he'll be caught staring off into space, desperately trying to remember anything. His eyes are sad, even in the best moments, and he tries to hide his emotions as much as possible.

No such thing as destiny.

BZPRPG Profiles

^ I think that's the third Toa of Iron we have now... ^

(They're all thinking - "When I get out of my Power Suit, I'm gonna iron the smeg out of this ship!")

[Canary] ID Tag: 767Gender and Species: Male Toa of IronAppearance: He's handsome, to be sure. Tall and muscular, softly glowing grey eyes, smooth silver armor. His shoulder armor is a soft orange, gradually fading into the silver around his neck and elbows.Power Suit: He's obviously intended to be a guard, his suit mildly armored. Its main capabilities are the power to project a laser blade approximately four feet in length, and a two by three foot energy shield.Abilities: Control over iron when outside his suit, Kakama speed when his mask activates.Personality: He's serious most of the time, evidently made that way by something in his past- something he can't remember. From time to time a part of his base personality will show through, a joke or a smile, though it's far from reasserting itself. Sometimes he'll be caught staring off into space, desperately trying to remember anything. His eyes are sad, even in the best moments, and he tries to hide his emotions as much as possible.

Final Canary - approved.

Sorry about the short post and everything, but I felt I should post something before I left for my grandparents. I will be gone for the next few days, so I won't be able to respond to anybody trying to talk to 196.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

Seems like a good one to jump into.

ID Tag: 7725

Gender & Species: Male Fe-Matoran
Appearance: Sans power suit, 7725 has a dark grey torso and legs/feet. His arms are a burnt orange. He wears a powerless great Miru, also in dark grey. His stature is that of a post-rebuilding Mata Nui Matoran.
His eyes are a bright orange.
Power Suit: His power suit is gunmetal black, with orange markings on each shoulder denoting his status as an upper-rank engineer. The suit’s structure is slim and streamlined to minimize movement restriction in small spaces while providing sufficient physical protection from the environment. The computer containing the engineer’s database of information is mounted on his back.
7725’s power suit is fitted with a diagnostic tool that can be plugged in to diagnostic ports on the ship, as well as a complete database of error codes and meanings for the ship (see OBD2 scanner for real-life equivalent).
In addition, the suit’s database also contains basic repair manuals for the ship, including installation instructions and troubleshooting guides for when the diagnostic tool cannot be used. The specifications of the ship’s systems are available as part of this database. Standard operational and emergency protocol is kept in the database.
He has a built-in short-range communication system, but it is limited to channels used by engineers and the crew. It cannot be used to hail other ships or their individual crew.
He carries a standard issue set of maintenance tools for repairing most minor issues on the ship. All of the tools can clip on to his belt*:
  • Laser cutting tool: A small, handheld, blue laser that can cut through most materials. Beam length is limited to 3 inches, but can be adjusted to shorter lengths for other applications. Cutting speed varies for different materials, cutting much more quickly through weaker materials than stronger ones. It cannot cut protosteel.
  • Adjustable socket driver: A tool for fastening bolts on the ship. Max size is 21mm.
  • Electrical repair tool: A pen-like handheld tool with a thin tip for conducting electrical repairs. It is capable of dispensing a conductive material and a non-conductive material. Both materials will set quickly. It can also be used for soldering.
  • Standard Issue Hammer: ...

7725’s Miru has been modified with an HUD setup. The HUD is linked to his power suit’s database, allowing him to call up the necessary information he may require. It will receive alerts from the ship’s main computer when the system has detected a malfunction. His mask also has a fold-out face guard, which he uses for welding applications or situations where small pieces of shrapnel may be present. In addition, it has a small pop-out light on the forehead.

His suit and mask do not have life support systems for performing space walks or working in extreme environments. This equipment is separate to give the engineers adaptability for the different conditions they must work in and to reduce the total weight of the suit. However, this means he must equip the necessary attachments before entering the environment or the chances of survival will be dramatically reduced. Although his suit may have resistance to extreme temperatures and pressures, it does not fully encase his body (head and hands).
Abilities: Aside from his innate iron powers, providing enhanced endurance, 7725 is endowed with an incredible aptitude for understanding mechanical and electrical systems. He is a good problem solver and can usually find a makeshift solution when technical manuals are of no use.
He has no combat skill. Although he will know how to use weaponry he has worked on, he cannot use it effectively. His melee combat is rudimentary at best.
Personality: 7725 typically keeps to himself unless necessary. He prefers to work alone, finding he works far more efficiently without help. This leads to him having relatively poor social skills, often coming across as rude when he does not mean to be. If he needs to explain how to complete a task, 7725 will usually try to lead you to the solution without directly giving out the answer.
He dislikes being a leader, but will take the role when he is needed.
He can remain calm in situations of high stress, though he tends to get edgy when focused on a task.

*I am open to having the tools removed and placed in a box or locker somewhere.
Edited by Rauta

"There are a thousand ways I could destroy you right now. And 941 of them hurt."

Teridax to Vakama

It occurs to me that this ship probably does not have many more then a thousand crewmen on board.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

Levacius, your excess of Red Dwarf references have led me to start watching the show.

I have to do some good in the world.

Just remember - Season 7 may not be the best, but you can power through it. Having an episode with Ace can fix anything...

What a guy.

ID Tag: 7725

Gender & Species: Male Fe-Matoran
Appearance: Sans power suit, 7725 has a dark grey torso and legs/feet. His arms are a burnt orange. He wears a powerless great Miru, also in dark grey. His stature is that of a post-rebuilding Mata Nui Matoran.
His eyes are a bright orange.
Power Suit: His power suit is gunmetal black, with orange markings on each shoulder denoting his status as an upper-rank engineer. The suit’s structure is slim and streamlined to minimize movement restriction in small spaces while providing sufficient physical protection from the environment. The computer containing the engineer’s database of information is mounted on his back.
7725’s power suit is fitted with a diagnostic tool that can be plugged in to diagnostic ports on the ship, as well as a complete database of error codes and meanings for the ship (see OBD2 scanner for real-life equivalent).
In addition, the suit’s database also contains basic repair manuals for the ship, including installation instructions and troubleshooting guides for when the diagnostic tool cannot be used. The specifications of the ship’s systems are available as part of this database. Standard operational and emergency protocol is kept in the database.
He has a built-in short-range communication system, but it is limited to channels used by engineers and the crew. It cannot be used to hail other ships or their individual crew.
He carries a standard issue set of maintenance tools for repairing most minor issues on the ship. All of the tools can clip on to his belt*:
  • Laser cutting tool: A small, handheld, blue laser that can cut through most materials. Beam length is limited to 3 inches, but can be adjusted to shorter lengths for other applications. Cutting speed varies for different materials, cutting much more quickly through weaker materials than stronger ones. It cannot cut protosteel.
  • Adjustable socket driver: A tool for fastening bolts on the ship. Max size is 21mm.
  • Electrical repair tool: A pen-like handheld tool with a thin tip for conducting electrical repairs. It is capable of dispensing a conductive material and a non-conductive material. Both materials will set quickly. It can also be used for soldering.
  • Standard Issue Hammer: ...

7725’s Miru has been modified with an HUD setup. The HUD is linked to his power suit’s database, allowing him to call up the necessary information he may require. It will receive alerts from the ship’s main computer when the system has detected a malfunction. His mask also has a fold-out face guard, which he uses for welding applications or situations where small pieces of shrapnel may be present. In addition, it has a small pop-out light on the forehead.

His suit and mask do not have life support systems for performing space walks or working in extreme environments. This equipment is separate to give the engineers adaptability for the different conditions they must work in and to reduce the total weight of the suit. However, this means he must equip the necessary attachments before entering the environment or the chances of survival will be dramatically reduced. Although his suit may have resistance to extreme temperatures and pressures, it does not fully encase his body (head and hands).
Abilities: Aside from his innate iron powers, providing enhanced endurance, 7725 is endowed with an incredible aptitude for understanding mechanical and electrical systems. He is a good problem solver and can usually find a makeshift solution when technical manuals are of no use.
He has no combat skill. Although he will know how to use weaponry he has worked on, he cannot use it effectively. His melee combat is rudimentary at best.
Personality: 7725 typically keeps to himself unless necessary. He prefers to work alone, finding he works far more efficiently without help. This leads to him having relatively poor social skills, often coming across as rude when he does not mean to be. If he needs to explain how to complete a task, 7725 will usually try to lead you to the solution without directly giving out the answer.
He dislikes being a leader, but will take the role when he is needed.
He can remain calm in situations of high stress, though he tends to get edgy when focused on a task.

The only problem I have is the lack of headgear. Every power suit comes with some sort of covering, even those for people using Kanohi masks. The same goes for the gauntlets, really. You could try going without gauntlets. But that might not be a very good idea...

It occurs to me that this ship probably does not have many more then a thousand crewmen on board.

Depends on if you mean active crew, or colonists in stasis.

Edited by Toa Levacius Zehvor

• ID Tag: 575
  • Gender & Species: Female Toa of Lightning
  • Appearance: Dulled white power suit, with red outlining and designs spread throughout. Blue Kanohi Matatu without magnifying lens can be seen under visor. Tall and skinny, fairly agile.
  • Power Suit: Magnetic holster on back carries a large wrench for ship repairs and maintenance, small arc welder mounted on wrist powered by user element. Comes with knowledge of advanced engineering as well as severely limited blueprints of the Requiem. Speaks in soft female voice capable of basic conversation and interactivity.
  • Abilities: Kanohi Matatu, Mask of Telekinesis. Able to channel weak electricity at melee range through arc welder.
  • Personality: Crew Member 575 is very soft-spoken, not one to initiate conversation. When in conversation, however, she tries to carry it on as long as possible, as a result of her extended isolation within the Requiem. She could be described as "bubbly" by some, "incessant" by others, and "annoying" by the particularly cynical.

The Writer Formerly Known as Zeal
BZPRPG Profiles
Ghosts of Bara Magna Profiles

The only problem I have is the lack of headgear. Every power suit comes with some sort of covering, even those for people using Kanohi masks. The same goes for the gauntlets, really. You could try going without gauntlets. But that might not be a very good idea...

I had assumed helmets were not immediately required due to the inside of the ship being a controlled environment, but I see how one might need a helmet.

He does have forearm guards, but not gloves because they have a tendency to reduce dexterity. I can throw in removable gloves to wear unless working on equipment where gloves may be a hindrance.

"There are a thousand ways I could destroy you right now. And 941 of them hurt."

Teridax to Vakama

If Rauta's joining this one, I'd better as well. I like to have a friend in RPs.

ID Tag: 306Gender & Species: Female Toa of PsionicsAppearance: Without her power suit, she is barely armoured but still protected, and wears a Mask of Clairvoyance. Her armour is a slightly muted mid-blue with gold decals. She is of average height, but walks in such a way that she can either be taller or shorter than others depending on her mood.Power Suit: The blue is a lot darker and more vibrant, with gold piping. The gauntlets and helmet are a lot more form fitting The wrists have blades that can be activated by pushing her thumb onto a small button on the upper right side of her palm, and are returned into the gauntlets when she repeats the actions. The suit makes up for her natural physical weakness with the granting of an amount of extra strength (Enough to pick up a Toa and a Matoran or floor someone), and also giving her blurry, often faulty visions of the future. She was probably intended to be a scout for collisions in case the system failed and for defence against revolters. Her helmet covers the back of her head, with a visor slightly tinted gold covering her face.Abilities: She has innate Psionic abilities, but has forgotten how to access them. She has slight intuition; enough to direct people through procedures and follow them through herself, though she prefers the former.Personality: 306 is quite passive, but if she must fight, then she will. To be honest, she made quite a useless Toa, so her new job as a navigation system suited her a lot more. She finds approaching people hard, but may do it in difficult times. If someone hurts her, she will hold a grudge from between five minutes to the rest of her life, and habitually makes the wrong choice. However, when she gets lucky, it is almost always something lasting and important, yet easier to mess up. She is also quite overbearing on people, to the point of driving them away.

Tahu.png

i wanna be the very best

like no one ever was

to catch them is my real test

to train them is my cause

We're asking for somewhere that we can store them that's portable. We probably won't come back to the lockers that much. Leaving a holy book in a locker that you won't have access to most likely isn't exactly logical.

I used to have a banner here.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

On the subject of storage -

Most characters won't have anything like a pocket on their suits. However, anything that is slightly magnetic can be stuck on; the hologram projectors, such as the ship model, can be stuck onto the suit where desired, such as near a pocket area. Each suit will also contain, usually on the back, about a 24"x5" storage space. This is in addition to any other modifications made to the suit as noted on the profile.

I had assumed helmets were not immediately required due to the inside of the ship being a controlled environment, but I see how one might need a helmet.

He does have forearm guards, but not gloves because they have a tendency to reduce dexterity. I can throw in removable gloves to wear unless working on equipment where gloves may be a hindrance.

The gloves and helmet wouldn't always be worn onboard the ship, but they're pretty much stuck on everyone until characters start learning how to unequip parts of the power suit - which is a lot harder than just pulling off gloves or twisting off a helmet. It's not so much about the environment as it is about when they go into stasis.

• ID Tag: 575
  • Gender & Species: Female Toa of Lightning
  • Appearance: Dulled white power suit, with red outlining and designs spread throughout. Blue Kanohi Matatu without magnifying lens can be seen under visor. Tall and skinny, fairly agile.
  • Power Suit: Magnetic holster on back carries a large wrench for ship repairs and maintenance, small arc welder mounted on wrist powered by user element. Comes with knowledge of advanced engineering as well as severely limited blueprints of the Requiem. Speaks in soft female voice capable of basic conversation and interactivity.
  • Abilities: Kanohi Matatu, Mask of Telekinesis. Able to channel weak electricity at melee range through arc welder.
  • Personality: Crew Member 575 is very soft-spoken, not one to initiate conversation. When in conversation, however, she tries to carry it on as long as possible, as a result of her extended isolation within the Requiem. She could be described as "bubbly" by some, "incessant" by others, and "annoying" by the particularly cynical.

Approved.

ID Tag: 306

Gender & Species: Female Toa of PsionicsAppearance: Without her power suit, she is barely armoured but still protected, and wears a Mask of Clairvoyance. Her armour is a slightly muted mid-blue with gold decals. She is of average height, but walks in such a way that she can either be taller or shorter than others depending on her mood.Power Suit: The blue is a lot darker and more vibrant, with gold piping. The gauntlets and helmet are a lot more form fitting The wrists have blades that can be activated by pushing her thumb onto a small button on the upper right side of her palm, and are returned into the gauntlets when she repeats the actions. The suit makes up for her natural physical weakness with the granting of an amount of extra strength (Enough to pick up a Toa and a Matoran or floor someone), and also giving her blurry, often faulty visions of the future. She was probably intended to be a scout for collisions in case the system failed and for defence against revolters. Her helmet covers the back of her head, with a visor slightly tinted gold covering her face.Abilities: She has innate Psionic abilities, but has forgotten how to access them. She has slight intuition; enough to direct people through procedures and follow them through herself, though she prefers the former.Personality: 306 is quite passive, but if she must fight, then she will. To be honest, she made quite a useless Toa, so her new job as a navigation system suited her a lot more. She finds approaching people hard, but may do it in difficult times. If someone hurts her, she will hold a grudge from between five minutes to the rest of her life, and habitually makes the wrong choice. However, when she gets lucky, it is almost always something lasting and important, yet easier to mess up. She is also quite overbearing on people, to the point of driving them away.

A slight ruling here on the workings of the mask. Having a Mask of Clairvoyance will grant you visions of the future completely at random, at times of my own choosing. Sometimes in very unfortunate circumstances. Actively focusing on the mask enhances your probability of gaining a vision on your own terms, in a meditation like process.

With that ruling in place, approved.

Wait, is that storage place a spot for normal objects or a big magnetic place or what?

The storage space its just a normal space in the bulk of your armor.

However, as your armor is metal and slightly magnetic, anything highly magnetic can be affixed to it.

So I kinda messed up and posted in the approval part. Which ill fix in a second after thisID Tag: 686Gender and Species: Male Toa of DarknessAppearance: 686 is tall and thin with piercing Red Eyes. His natural armor is black and gold and his Mask of Scavenging is black with gold marbling.Power Armor: 686 wears black with gold accent medium metal plated armor so as not to completely restrict his movement and offer the best protection. The suit offers resistance to radiation and corrosive materials that may be found on the ship. His HUD completely covers his face and mask leaving only a pair of red eyes looking out, it is capable of switching to thermal and infrared vision and is neutrally linked to him. The suit comes equipped with Dual Ranged Shot Gauntlets which appear as bracelets at first but when activated turn into gauntlets that cover his hands and forearms, this creates an overlay over his power armors gauntlets. The Gauntlets act as single barrel shotguns. His suit is also equipped with wrist blades for melee combat.Judging by his weapons he was probably a soldier on the ship.Abilities: Dark Bolts. Controlling shadows and the darkness around him or others. Cloaking an area in darkness. Merging into the shadows and darkness to remain hidden. Unfortunately his elemental abilities are cut off by his suit. His mask allows him to mentally reach out and drain residual life energy from the bodies of any recently deceased nearby beings. The siphoned life force(s) make him stronger and more physically able, It is constantly on at a low level.Personality: 686's is honorable, fierce, unflinching, and trustworthy. He distances himself from others because he is uncomfortable around them. However if they approach him and get him to open up he will do whatever it takes to help them. He will fight whether with blade or wit with anyone or anything that tries to exploit the weak and doesn't believe in leaving people behind. Due to his amnesia 686 can be a little.... unpredictable.

Edited by Erebus Toa of Darkness

"There was no way that was an ordinary Toa, no Toa killed like this. No Toa fought so mercilessly. This hooded thing had single handedly killed hundreds of his Rahkshi children with twin gleaming swords. No that was no Toa.... that thing was Death himself....

Last thoughts of an unknown Makuta on Toa Erebus