• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Posted Image

Photo

The Official Music Topic

music

• Please log in to reply
219 replies to this topic

#201 Offline Scythey

Scythey
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • I Want to Believe

• 23-September 06
  • 1,606 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Nov 20 2015 - 01:51 PM

if anybody here doesn't have the album Thriller by Michael Jackson, it's currently free on Google Play. there's really no excuse not to own it.

[ my blog ] + [ my profile ] + [ contact ]

lovely topics you should consider posting in:

[ official music topic ] + [ official music collection topic ] + [ official metal topic ]
76561198014206140.png

#202 Offline Evergrey_Toa

Evergrey_Toa
  • Members
  • Makuta Conquered!

• 27-November 14
  • 576 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 01 2015 - 01:32 AM

So what am I into? The short version: I like music with huge melodic hooks/melodies and driving/solid beats. 

The long version: I LOVE the 2 most hated things in all of music: 80's music and Metal music.

Why?

I love 80's music because it's just pure fun. 80's rock bands such as Journey, Def Leppard, Genesis, Asia, and many more bands who made songs that I just enjoy listening to more than anything else. I don't care if 80's is frowned upon now; I think it's good music.

I know that a lot of people here like metal, but overall it's not a widely accepted thing among my every day friends. I'm into power/progressive metal such as Evergrey, Vanishing Point, Symphony X & Stratovarius, Alternative Metal such as Sevendust, Breaking Benjamin, and Disturbed, and Melodic Death Metal bands such as Mercenary, The Unguided and In Flames. I don't mind growls in my music, but I'm beginning to feel like that was more of a phase for me in my high school years because I just don't get the same enjoyment out of hearing growls in the music (save for bands such as The Unguided, Mercenary & Trivium) that I used to.

I like other genres such as pop and I also like rock music from any time period after the 60's, but 80's and metal are just the 2 things I love the most in music. 

evergrey_l01.gif

:pakari: My favorite band :pakari:

Geaux Tigers!

Check out my new epic titled "The Masters of Okoto: The Lost Chronicles"

Bionicle 2015 Song Progress (Not Started, In Progress, Done):

[Drums] [Bass] [Guitar] [Orchestra] [Vocals]

#203 Offline Scythey

Scythey
  • Premier Member
  • I Want to Believe

• 23-September 06
  • 1,606 posts

Posted Dec 04 2015 - 01:21 AM

Scott Weiland is dead. I'm absolutely gutted.

I've been in the process of finishing up my Stone Temple Pilots collection over the past couple weeks.. this is really hitting me hard.

Edited by Scythey, Dec 04 2015 - 05:20 PM.

[ official music topic ] + [ official music collection topic ] + [ official metal topic ]
76561198014206140.png

#204 Offline Johnny Truant

Johnny Truant
  • Members
  • Aquatic Guardian

• 04-August 04
  • 385 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 04 2015 - 02:24 AM

me too ;_; i just heard

i didnt expect to be this sad. i didnt get the permission slip signed for this feel trip 

Edited by Johnny Truant, Dec 04 2015 - 02:24 AM.

kiV3Q3Rl.png

#205 Offline Scythey

Scythey
  • Premier Member
  • I Want to Believe

• 23-September 06
  • 1,606 posts

Posted Dec 04 2015 - 02:42 AM

STP are one of my all-time favorite bands and at least half the reason why was Scott. talented as heck and when he had it together, he was truly one of the greatest frontmen in rock. it felt inevitable given his history but still.. this is hard to accept.

76561198014206140.png

#206 Offline Emilie Autumn

Emilie Autumn
  • Premier Member
  • Descending into Protodermis

• 21-July 06
  • 1,031 posts

Posted Jan 03 2016 - 06:58 PM

So, it's 2016 now. Which means I'm obligated to ask what albums everyone is looking forward to.

Myself, I'm quite excited for the new albums by Ihsahn, Ulver, Devin Townsend, Boris and Merzbow, Moonsorrow, David Bowie, Kvelertak, and Katatonia, along with a few others.

___

Emilie%202_zps3cc3mpui.jpg

___

#207 Offline Scythey

Scythey
  • Premier Member
  • I Want to Believe

• 23-September 06
  • 1,606 posts

Posted Jan 03 2016 - 07:23 PM

Lust and Loathing by The Unguided, Incarnate by Killswitch Engage, Jomsviking by Amon Amarth, Ursa by Novembre, Weezer (White Album) by Weezer, Gore by Deftones, Seven Heads Ten Horns by The Foreshadowing, You Will Never Be One of Us by Nails, The Singularity (Phase II) by Scar Symmetry, Transcendence by Devin Townsend Project, and the as-yet-untitled in-production albums by Alice in Chains, Architects, Blood Stain Child, Dark Tranquillity, Gojira, In the Silence, Katatonia, Kvelertak, Machinae Supremacy, Slowdive, and The Smashing Pumpkins.

also hoping for new stuff from The Cure, Converge, and The Agony Scene this year, but I have no idea if that'll happen.

Edited by Scythey, Feb 04 2016 - 09:26 PM.

76561198014206140.png

#208 Offline JAG18

JAG18
  • Members
  • Swarm Scavenger

• 20-February 14
  • 686 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 06 2016 - 07:51 PM

I'm very excited for the upcoming albums from Charli XCX,  Tove Lo, Cassadee Pope, and HAIM. 

I'm somewhere between moderately and a little excited for new albums from Lorde, Danielle Bradbery, Ariana Grande, Icon For Hire, Hailee Steinfeld, VERIDIA, and The 1975.

I have no confirmation if it will happen, but I'm hoping for new material from Florrie and Taylor Swift.

#209 Offline Scythey

Scythey
  • Premier Member
  • I Want to Believe

• 23-September 06
  • 1,606 posts

Posted Jan 08 2016 - 04:53 PM

guys Grace by Jeff Buckley and 30 #1 Hits by Elvis Presley are both free on Google Play right now. go get them. they're both essential. especially Grace. and now you have no excuse not to own them.

76561198014206140.png

#210 Offline Johnny Truant

Johnny Truant
  • Members
  • Aquatic Guardian

• 04-August 04
  • 385 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 08 2016 - 11:54 PM

what if listening to jeff buckley makes me unbearably sad and im not a big enough elvis fan to own an elvis album

unless we're talking elvis kuehn

cuz hes one cool customer

edit: jag are you serious new lorde would be wicked cool, that song she did with disclosure is still one of my jams in regular rotatino

Edited by Johnny Truant, Jan 08 2016 - 11:59 PM.

kiV3Q3Rl.png

#211 Offline Scythey

Scythey
  • Premier Member
  • I Want to Believe

• 23-September 06
  • 1,606 posts

Posted Jan 10 2016 - 08:20 PM

loved Pure Heroine, so I'd definitely be down with new Lorde this year. 2015 was pretty much devoid of decent pop albums, and a new Lorde album would be just to thing to ensure 2016 doesn't suffer the same fate.

76561198014206140.png

#212 Offline Johnny Truant

Johnny Truant
  • Members
  • Aquatic Guardian

• 04-August 04
  • 385 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 11 2016 - 04:11 AM

david bowie has left the building the line for crying people starts behind me ok guys 

kiV3Q3Rl.png

#213 Offline Emilie Autumn

Emilie Autumn
  • Premier Member
  • Descending into Protodermis

• 21-July 06
  • 1,031 posts

Posted Jan 11 2016 - 06:43 AM

I did not wake up ready for that kind of news this morning. ######.

Guess it's time to give Blackstar a spin then.

___

Emilie%202_zps3cc3mpui.jpg

___

#214 Offline -Windrider-

-Windrider-
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Global Moderators
  • Literally Kagome

• 05-February 03
  • 6,331 posts
  •   BZP Staff

Posted Jan 11 2016 - 03:47 PM

Yeah...I really don't know what to say about the news.

#215 Offline Scythey

Scythey
  • Premier Member
  • I Want to Believe

• 23-September 06
  • 1,606 posts

Posted Jan 14 2016 - 11:26 PM

Weezer just announced a new self-titled white album, to be released April 1.

heck yes.

76561198014206140.png

#216 Offline Johnny Truant

Johnny Truant
  • Members
  • Aquatic Guardian

• 04-August 04
  • 385 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 15 2016 - 01:26 AM

Weezer just announced a new self-titled white album, to be released April 1.

heck yes.

yes but we dont know if its more like thank god for girls or more like do you wanna get high

cuz im with tgfg in spirit but that song is just

ugh

kiV3Q3Rl.png

#217 Offline Scythey

Scythey
  • Premier Member
  • I Want to Believe

• 23-September 06
  • 1,606 posts

Posted Jan 15 2016 - 07:44 PM

the new single, "King of the World", is more like "Get High" although not quite as good. kind of reminds me of something off of Green Album or one of the poppier Everything Will Be Alright tracks like "Lonely Girl".

either way, I pre-ordered it. got the three singles they've released so far as instant grat tracks which is pretty sweet. there's something very aesthetically pleasing to me about that album art on an iPod.

edit: well, this makes me even more excited. the album's co-producer Jake Sinclair actually showed up on the All Things Weezer fan forum and posted the following:

"i'm definitely looking forward to seeing your reactions to the rest of the album, it leans more DYWGH than it does TGFG (although in context of the album, TGFG will make a lot more sense). believe it or not, L.A. Girlz will definitely be a [fan] favorite. i think it'll draw a lot of Suzanne comparisons (which was a favorite of mine during that era)."

Edited by Scythey, Jan 15 2016 - 11:31 PM.

76561198014206140.png

#218 Offline Johnny Truant

Johnny Truant
  • Members
  • Aquatic Guardian

• 04-August 04
  • 385 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 18 2016 - 08:24 PM

the new single, "King of the World", is more like "Get High" although not quite as good. kind of reminds me of something off of Green Album or one of the poppier Everything Will Be Alright tracks like "Lonely Girl".

either way, I pre-ordered it. got the three singles they've released so far as instant grat tracks which is pretty sweet. there's something very aesthetically pleasing to me about that album art on an iPod.

edit: well, this makes me even more excited. the album's co-producer Jake Sinclair actually showed up on the All Things Weezer fan forum and posted the following:

"i'm definitely looking forward to seeing your reactions to the rest of the album, it leans more DYWGH than it does TGFG (although in context of the album, TGFG will make a lot more sense). believe it or not, L.A. Girlz will definitely be a [fan] favorite. i think it'll draw a lot of Suzanne comparisons (which was a favorite of mine during that era)."

C: good stuff

i never noticed they were standing on a beach

i wonder if wavves and weezer will ever collaborate

Wavvezer - King Of The BeachWorld

kiV3Q3Rl.png

#219 Offline Scythey

Scythey
  • Premier Member
  • I Want to Believe

• 23-September 06
  • 1,606 posts

Posted Jan 21 2016 - 04:05 PM

At the Drive-In are back with new material on the way

first Refused, now ATDI

c'mon Fugazi, you're next

you can do it, I believe in you

76561198014206140.png

#220 Offline Johnny Truant

Johnny Truant
  • Members
  • Aquatic Guardian

• 04-August 04
  • 385 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 22 2016 - 06:54 PM

yeah ian

we're all just 

sittin' in the waiting room

Edited by Johnny Truant, Jan 22 2016 - 06:54 PM.

kiV3Q3Rl.png

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users