Marvel, Rebirth:

IC (Cynegild):

Presented with a solution that wasn't obviously and terrifyingly flawed, Cynegild's day was starting to look like it wouldn't be the heartrending catastrophe in which he lost all of his best liquor.

"I.. .genuinely hadn't thought of that, thank you. Thank you. I'll go at once to ask, and I'll let you know how it goes," he said, before it finally registered that he and Alaric were not the only people in the apartment, "ah... less intrusively. Thanks."

With that taken care of, Cynegild Picker walked backwards out of the apartment and through the Gates of HeII.

We will remember - Skies may fade and stars may wane; we won't forget

And your light shines bright - yes so much brighter shine on

We will remember - Until the skies will fall we won't forget

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

IC (Alecto)

"Sounds like my attempts at geography are about as bad as your listening skills." Alecto leaned back, resting his feet lazily on the top of a nearby chair. It was a testament to New York that this barely merited a raised eyebrow from the resident bartender. "So tell me, sport, what part of artillery piece sounded like fun-hating she devil to you?"

Jesika paused for a moment, as Jesika's comment. "He'd be your responsibility."

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

IC (Aramis):

"Oooh, pretty much just the name. You know how it goes. Artillery commander hears about some ancient Greek snark-stabber, and, in keeping with the tradition of naming his favourite gun after his favourite lady, the humourless cad goes with the dullest of the Furies. In comes your dear old dad, who decides it would be just fantastic to name his son, ahem, 'fun-killing,' insert meaning of middle name here, 'coffee.'"

Aramis leaned back in his chair, savoring victory, and smiled broadly. "Good for everyone that names aren't prophetic, really. Can you imagine how boring you'd be?"

• Upvote 1

We will remember - Skies may fade and stars may wane; we won't forget

And your light shines bright - yes so much brighter shine on

We will remember - Until the skies will fall we won't forget

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

IC (Alecto)

"....I've got nothing." Alecto blinked, genuine surprise in his voice. ".....That hasn't happened before. Huh."

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

IC: "I kinda assumed they existed as soon as I grew the fangs, myself..." I mentioned, a little miffed at having been sent on a snipe hunt after all. Hands feeding into my pockets, I promptly spun on my heel and ambled over to the pair once more, seeing as there was no reason to keep messing around searching for clues that wouldn't mean anything.

"I mean, once vampires proved to be real, all bets are basically off until I know better." he explained with a shrug.

IC:

"You'll go far, Luke!"

Jenna's grin was positively radiant.

"Now, the ###### of it is, werewolves are actually just humans who transform! They don't have dog senses, they don't smell like wet fur when it's raining, they can't climb buildings or punch holes through car doors, and they wear clothes! Yes! Shirts! Just like us! This makes them incredibly dangerous. Obviously there's vampiric gut instinct involved, but they're much better at flying under the radar, as a rule, than we are. So if you think you're tangling with a werewolf, think of not doing that."

-Tyler

Edited by Luke Schwarz
  • Upvote 1

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC: I chuckled a tad awkwardly. Wasn't them transforming supposed to be how it worked, anyway?

"Yeah, I don't think you need to worry about me picking fights with them, sensei. Way ahead of you."

Tangling with a person who could turn into a 250kg, 2.5 meter tall mass of fur, teeth, claws, muscle, and anger was very obviously placed extremely low on my to-do list.

Come to think of it, aren't werewolves a lot like bears, physically?

Even after becoming a vampire who can swing around concrete field rollers with one hand (this has been tested) and toss an iron shot put ball as if they were throwing a fastball for the MLB, I'm still frightened of the prospect of fighting a bear.

You just don't mess with them, it's not done!

Limits of our frail human form surpassed or not, I don't care what I am! I could be a Saiyan!

It's a bear!

Okay, well, maybe I'd be comfortable if I did end up being Saiyan or part-saiyan...

...Anyways.

"Is lycanthropy spread via bite just like vampirism? I know it is in certain movies and stuff, but pop culture never told me we have a wood allergy, so..."

More than once, it's occurred to me that travelling back to Nihon would be ill-advised in this state. S-So much for seeing Obaa-san...

;__;

I stuffed my hands into my pockets as the conversation continued. It felt awkward just having them dangle around like that, you know? Kind of like standing stock-still in a crowded city, completely lost as a sea of people flowed around you.

In hindsight, perhaps trying to find one specific person in the millions that lived here wasn't the brightest move. Very much "needle in the haystack", actually.

But, I managed admirably for a dazed and confused Vampire of only 18.

Edited by Best Gungnir

helo frens

IC:

"Now me, I've only gotten wind of about three or four people who've ever tangled with one, and only one of them was really willing to talk to me. But given that this was spread out over two centuries of living stateside," Jenna said thoughtfully, "yeah, I guess it's gotta spread somehow. I mean, not like you can give birth to a kid that starts transforming at age four or something. Don't know why it'd start with puberty, either, if it's bloodborne. So...yeah. We'll go with a bite."

She threw Luke a rewarding air five. She would have forgotten what it was like to have a protege who listened and asked questions back without whimpering...

...if she'd ever had one before this!

-Tyler

Edited by Luke Schwarz

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC: I, with the help of my sped up, vampiric reaction times, caught the air five after an infinitesimally brief period of confusion that I'd say I managed to coolly play off.

"So then, what about the full moon thing? If I know to look for a bite wound in the middle of the night under a full moon, I'd say I stand a pretty good chance of avoiding any werewolves, right?"

I mean, I kind of had to assume that if they ran off of similar logic such as vampires, a werewolf bite that turns the victim would stick around. Scratching the back of my neck, I felt the distinct topographical change where fangs had punched through a vein.

There was a reason I wasn't planning on getting my hair cut any time soon.

helo frens

IC:

Brooklyn laughed and nudged a coat-covered rib playfully.

"I'm from California, actually. But I'm always down for a little friendly joshing with a cute guy. Least it means he's feeling talkative."

YES

JUST AS ALARIC TAUGHT ME

I SLITHER IN FOR THE EASY SCHMOOZING

BROOKLYN PACE-CARLISLE

WHAT WILL I DO NEXT

IC:

The way Dallas Green straddled the back of his best friend's Ducati was more than just sensual; it was brazenly suggestive, one hand placed on the seat in front of him with the toes of his shoes buried in the ground and the small of his back curved as he turned to stare at Bekah.

"Well? You hopping on? Normally it doesn't take you this much time to..."

A twitch of full lips into a teasing grin.

"...embark."

-Tyler

Edited by Luke Schwarz

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:

"Funny, I'm from California. Not originally, lived in England until I was seven, but my family moved to California after that. My father has a teaching job there. Bit of a drive for him to get to work, but we like Alameda." Alistair paused a moment, then chuckled quietly to himself. "I'm sorry, a dissertation on my life isn't exactly good conversation."

"I'm afraid, Brooklyn, that I'm always talkative. Bit of a flaw, actually."

IC:

"This isn't a Ducati commercial, Dallas." The former Weapon deadpanned. "If you would prefer to take the motorcycle out for a night on the town, you have to be back by midnight."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC:

HEY WAIT A SECOND

SK

KKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

CH

"You lived where in California?"

IC:

"Oh, my Christ, you made a joke."

Dallas' teasing, smoldering grin slowly became a Batsignal-bright beam.

"You made a real joke! A good one!" The empath burst out laughing and pumped his fist. "  Y E A H!"

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:

"A friend and I were both born around there!"

oh right that reminds me

Brooklyn, with her bestest, most charming apologetic grin at Alistair, pulled out her phone and resent a text she'd sent many a time before to Bekah.

SNAP HIM UP B-BOO. XOXO BROOK

Riiiight...now...

Oh yeah.

"A friend and I were both born around there!"

IC:

Dallas' lips formed a pretty spot-on pout, for a guy.

"Yeah, yeah, whatever. Get on the bike, I'm famished and we have a lot to do tonight."

-Tyler

Edited by Luke Schwarz

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:

"It's a nice place. I made the mistake of visiting a Starbucks there once, however, and that was not my wisest choice. I can get coffee and Wi-Fi at home, and I can do it without the... Interruptions." The British scholar shook his head slightly in amusement, smiling before he slipped his hands back into his pockets. "But, yet again, I digress."

"I'm keeping you from your rescue mission, aren't I?"

IC:

Rebekah swung a leg over her bike, a faint upward tug at the corners of her mouth almost imperceptible, and she settled into place. The engine rumbled to life when she turned the key, and a testing rev left her satisfied that everything was in order.

"Hang on. Would be inconvenient to run you to the hospital."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

IC:

"You could come with. It's a bit of a walk, and no use being chilly and lonely this early in the morning." Z E R O E D   IN

LIKE A SNIPER ON THE GRASSY KNOLL OF LOVE

Brooklyn tucked her hands under her arms. For a little effect. It was chilly, though.

IC:

He loved being an empath. He could feel when Rebekah Fell was in the mood to smile, even when she wouldn't show it off.

And, in this instance, he was lucky enough to catch it. Just like she was lucky enough that he listened and hung on.

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:

The British scholar thought for a moment. He wouldn't need to meet up with Dante or Lucia until later in the day, if Dante was even still in the city. Didn't have any leads to chase. Unconsciously, he took his bag and swung it over his shoulder on the opposite side of Brooklyn instead, keeping it away from where the scabbard might bump into someone. The moment passed quickly, though, and he nodded with a half smile.

"Alright. I'd be happy to come along. Who knows, maybe you'll need reinforcements."

IC:

"You're smiling back there."

The dark-haired woman observed simply, as she maneuvered the bike onto the road and took off towards their destination.

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC:

"Good point. Never know when you need an extra musket."

IC:

"Yeah, well, some of us like exercising our facial muscles. There are seventeen involved in a smile, Bek. It's like how chewing bubble gum and having oral sex strengthens the jawline."

-Tyler

• Upvote 1

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:

Brooklyn began to laugh and shook her head at the British scholar.

"You're kind of a nerd."

IC:

"Will you now?"

The arms around Rebekah's waist tightened momentarily - either in surprise or as a taunt.

"Uh. I mean. You will?"

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:

"Brooklyn, I'm a British scholar of myth and legend. What part of that isn't an indicator that I might, more than likely, be a bit of a nerd?"

IC:

"Given that you're the one with firsthand experience, I shall." Her tone didn't change, and neither did her demeanor, but the Ducati accelerated slightly before slowing back down. "I, after all, do not chew gum."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC:

"I didn't say it wasn't attractive, you nerd."

IC:

If you had ridden up alongside the bike and shot Dallas Green in the side of the head, you probably would have witnessed less of a jolt than the end of Bekah's statement sent coursing through him.

"You should. Brightens smiles." Dallas was clearly trying to regain control of the bike's playfulness spectrum. "I'm an expert there, too."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:

"I would have thought that was a given." Alistair shot back with a grin, glancing over at her as he started walking. "So, if I may ask, what brings you to New York? Pretty far away from California just to visit a few friends in January."

IC:

"That much is evident."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC:

"Ehhhhhhh...I know people here. Plus I'm doing a little bit of archaeology work myself. Well...more like hitting pawn shops, but. You know." Brooklyn scratched at her neck awkwardly and then tucked her hands tighter under her arms. "What about you?"

IC:

"Yeah. Smiles. Like the totally comfortable one I'm making right now."

Dallas rested his chin on Bekah's shoulder and tried thinking of either Tali or pizza. Neither of them particularly well.

Since when did she tease him!?

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:

"Happened to be in the area when things started going to . Around when the Sleepers attacked." Alistair explained easily, though internally, he was deciding how best to explain his reasons. "I've been in the area since. A few matters of curiosity to attend to, and the Red Skull's attack prolonged my stay. Forced bed rest for a whole week. Truly awful."

IC:

"Mm." Rebekah replied articulately, eyes focused intently on the road ahead. She hadn't bothered restraining her hair, so it flew past and over Dallas' head with the wind, the chronokinetic spared the brunt of it in his face only by his chosen position. After a few minutes of silence, and several sharp turns, she broke the silence again. "Remind me where we are headed?"

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC:

I'd keep you tucked in longer than that, handsome

IC:

"Just this pizza place. Shouldn't be too far off Main Street. Near that 50s diner with the waiter that thinks I'm sexy."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:

"Are you alright, Brooklyn?"

IC:

"Understood." Was Rebekah's only response as the Ducati accelerated to speeds that indicated that, to the Ultimate, 'speed limit' was really a strong way of saying 'suggested speed'. Not that the vehicle ever seemed in the slightest bit under control. To the contrary, its driver seemed slightly more relaxed the higher the speedometer crept. Her velocity was curbed in short order, however, by a return to populated roads. The roads nearest the Institute were rarely traveled, but the further away you got, the more people returned. A few sharp corners at unnecessary speeds seemed to be her last bit of fun before she dropped below the legal limit.

Not that she took any time to pause. Each turn was taken without hesitation, as though she knew exactly where she was and where she was going, and they turned into the parking lot of the pizza place only a few minutes later. She pushed the kickstand out deftly as the engine died, resting once again on the balls of her own feet. She dismounted in a single motion, idly using a hand to brush her hair back into a semblance of order.

"This the right place?"

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC:

"Looks like it." Dallas, on the opposite side of the bike, smoothed out his own long bangs and turned with the upper half of his body to grin at Rebekah. "C'mon. You gotta let me take it for a spin on the way back tonight. I've never seen you drink before, and I'm not trusting your driving."

IC:

ohhh yes you are alright

"Fit as a fiddle," she answered with a chirp instead. "I think that's the place, right across the block. You sure you wanna come in? Not that I wouldn't like the company on my arm, but uh, I don't wanna you to screw the pooch on your schedule."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:

"Dallas, I have driven with a concussion, significantly less blood in me than I should have, and half blind because some kind of fluid is in my eyes. I think driving when under the legal limit for alcohol consumption is going to be the least of my challenges."

IC:

"I haven't got anywhere I need to be for nearly six hours. I'd be happy to tag along."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC:

"Oh Jesi. What has New York done to you?"

Next to her Sahara-tier thirsty best friend, Brooklyn Pace-Carlisle's long strides, dark shades, and wide grin made her look like transdimensional Cali glory [a tattoo she and Dallas planned to share one day] as she entered the Wild Wings. 

"No fear, though! I got your SOS." Brooklyn bent over to plant a kiss on her BFF#1's nose and transfer the sunglasses from her face to Jesika's. "Found a friend on the way. Jesika Snow, Alistair. Alistair...do you want to split an order of mozzarella sticks with me?"

She ignored the winged curmudgeon who had left her teammate's Fallopian tubes in a recession.

-Tyler

• Upvote 1

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC (Alecto)

"Fine. But you'r-"

Alecto groaned when what he could only describe as Jesika's wilder, perkier cousin walked through the door. He'd been told enough-noticed enough-about her to know that was the appropriate reaction. He took a moment to process this-and ignore the fact dark, snarky and smug over there had beaten him at his own game. There was, of course, only one rational, calm and considered outcome this processing could have.

They're breeding. Soon the world is going to be full of insane mutants from a parallel dimension and I'll be the lone island of sanity.

Edited by Havelock Vetinari
  • Upvote 1

IC: Jesika

She arrrrriives~

Jesika made a sound born of a tightness in her chest as the result of her (somewhat attempted to) contained excitement.  Dark grey feathers litearlly, though the exact opposite of figuratively, ruffled as she tilted her head to the side, lowering the newly acquired sunglasses just enough to gaze at the newly acquainted Alistair.  Jesika waved her fingers in greeting, before glancing back to Brook.

"It really hasn't been so bad," she beamed, "a Big Red Nazi put a hole in my apartment, but Alecto's, his was fine."

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC (Alecto)

Alecto jabbed a finger at Jesika, choosing to edit her.....friend....out of his personal reality for the moment. He could cross that bridge when it became unavoidable. "I wake up with my door hanging on the hinges-which, by the way, you still haven't paid for-and you sitting on my couch....and my leg, flicking through my TV channels. And you haven't done your share dishes of this week. Why haven't I thrown you out again?"

IC:

"This must be a setup for one of your American jokes." Alistair's own entrance was much more understated, when compared to his companion's. Out of the brisk January cold, he set his bag down carefully in an unoccupied chair and began unbuttoning his coat. The thick garment was draped over the back of the same chair as the British scholar surveyed the scene again, giving a half smile. "A bat-winged mutant, a Californian girl, her best friend, and a British historian walk into a Buffalo Wild Wings."

"And I must say, expecting a lady to do the dishes is hardly gentlemanly. And throwing her out even less." His smile widened. "I would love to split an order, Brooklyn."

"Pleasure to meet you, Ms. Snow. And this must be the man we're extracting her from."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC (Alecto)

"Because I've never called anyone mister or sir since I was a kid. And I don't believe in discrimination based on gender. Can you imagine." Alecto jerked his neck at the self proclaimed historian. "Speaking of." He shifted his gaze momentarily to Alistair. "Aren't you late for your appointment with the queen's chamberpot?" 

Edited by Havelock Vetinari