The LEGO Movie Website Updated with New Set Pictures

tn_legomoviesets_11_05_13.pngThe LEGO Movie website has been updated today, featuring the new trailer and even some fan-made videos. Most important of all, though, a couple of new pictures of sets for the movie have been published, and more are still to come! Four sets (of which only two were known so far) plus the minifigure series are getting finalized CGI pictures, and nine others have only been partially revealed but are going to be revealed in the next weeks, by the looks of it. Even so, the teasers for the unrevealed sets let you get a nice idea of what's inside. I can already spot some exciting new pieces and am even more excited for the sets and the movie now than I was before! (If that was even possible)View the full article

Is it just me, or does that connection between Lord Business's legs and his stilt-things look really... lame? I just don't see how it can hold up to anything resembling actual play.

Aside from that, I'm pretty intrigued by these sets and really liking their sort of eclectic nature. Really looking forward to figuring out why a mech is fighting with a shark on its arm. Maybe it was a laser on its head?

BZPRPG

Wait isn't Cloud Cukoo Land a Banjo-Kazooie level?

Cloud Cuckoo Land was originally a location in a play by the ancient Greek playwright Aristophanes. So it predates Banjo Kazooie by a couple thousand years.Don't want to wait for the pics? You're in luck! Jamesster from Eurobricks did us all a favor and found the "unveiled" pics of all the sets on the page. These are all from Lego.com, so I'm assuming they're fine to post. I don't know the official names for sure, so take them with a grain of salt. Don't click if you don't want to be spoiled!Fire HelicopterWestern PlanePlumber VanFlying FortressGarbage TruckBad Cop CarMelting RoomGlider EscapePresident Business' LairSuper Cycle ChaseMetalbeard's DuelCloud Cuckoo CastleOne thing to be noted about these pictures is that they do NOT match the veiled versions in every instance. That suggests that many of the sets will have two models: A more mundane model that looks like it could fit in an existing theme, and the same model rebuilt into more of a war machine. I'm very excited about this theme, but I'll need to get a job if I hope to afford it along with my mainstays like Ninjago and Hero Factory!

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

Wait isn't Cloud Cukoo Land a Banjo-Kazooie level?

Cloud Cuckoo Land was originally a location in a play by the ancient Greek playwright Aristophanes. So it predates Banjo Kazooie by a couple thousand years.Don't want to wait for the pics? You're in luck! Jamesster from Eurobricks did us all a favor and found the "unveiled" pics of all the sets on the page. These are all from Lego.com, so I'm assuming they're fine to post. I don't know the official names for sure, so take them with a grain of salt. Don't click if you don't want to be spoiled!Fire HelicopterWestern PlanePlumber VanFlying FortressGarbage TruckBad Cop CarMelting RoomGlider EscapePresident Business' LairSuper Cycle ChaseMetalbeard's DuelCloud Cuckoo CastleOne thing to be noted about these pictures is that they do NOT match the veiled versions in every instance. That suggests that many of the sets will have two models: A more mundane model that looks like it could fit in an existing theme, and the same model rebuilt into more of a war machine. I'm very excited about this theme, but I'll need to get a job if I hope to afford it along with my mainstays like Ninjago and Hero Factory!

Now that's a find! Thank you! And the sets all look SO. AWESOME. :D-Gata signoff.png

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

Clear Army Men stands!

The sets do have a very different design style than other Lego lines, but that's part of what makes me so excited. They do look a little on the fragile side, but I'll withhold any judgement until some reviews come out. And the pieces look great!

42687538174_213a004f2f.jpg

Don't want to wait for the pics? You're in luck! Jamesster from Eurobricks did us all a favor and found the "unveiled" pics of all the sets on the page. These are all from Lego.com, so I'm assuming they're fine to post. I don't know the official names for sure, so take them with a grain of salt. Don't click if you don't want to be spoiled!

I'm a member of BZPower too, actually. :P

Don't want to wait for the pics? You're in luck! Jamesster from Eurobricks did us all a favor and found the "unveiled" pics of all the sets on the page. These are all from Lego.com, so I'm assuming they're fine to post. I don't know the official names for sure, so take them with a grain of salt. Don't click if you don't want to be spoiled!

I'm a member of BZPower too, actually. :P

Oh yeah. :D My bad.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

The curtained/unveiled images suggest to me a lot of these sets have "bland" builds and "it can now fly" builds. IE the ice cream truck and the garbage truck.

Yep! This also seems to tie in with some placeholder box images that have been seen on some sites, which lack any product art but have a clear "2 in 1" callout in the corner, much like the "3 in 1" callout typical of Creator sets. Overall, I think this will be a great feature, since even stick-in-the-mud AFOLs with imagination fatigue will be able to find something to enjoy. Plus it's really true to the idea of LEGO building, in that you will be using parts that you'd normally associate with one particular type of model for something radically different!