BZPRPG - Ga-Wahi

Nuju Metru

"True," Tyrus said, hands in his pockets, already taking his first strides along the edge of the village. "I know a good place by the sea. Wonderful view of the sunset, if you get the right seat."

-Void

IC: 

"I call the seat on the right side of the table. That way I can drink with my left hand while I point at things with my right." The way Darien said it was hard to say if he was being serious or not, he had a decent poker face. 

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC:

"Well...I was thinking maybe some pancakes...I like chocolate shavings on my pancakes, too, so hold the syrup. A plate of sausage, egg and cheese biscuit. I used to just get chicken biscuits, but now I just order chicken and put it on the biscuits I already have. Another plate of sausage. Maybe some fries with seasoning, if I'm feeling in the mood for more starch." Whitehot looked at Dantas uncertainly.

"And, uh...three plates of waffles with fresh cut strawberries."

"The strawberries are grown here. They're really good. You almost don't even need sugar, but...I get it...anyway..."

She was visibly sinking into her partner's lap under the weight of three incredulous stares.

"...Who's in the mood for bacon?"

-Tyler

• Upvote 1

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC:

Sinshi's head cocked to the side, slightly at first but ever more as Whitehot continued to rattle off more and more foods that she didn't know. Some things sounded vaguely familiar, and some certainly sounded delicious, but she couldn't recognize what she was hearing. The sheer volume was impressive in and of itself, but as she looked more confused, Sinshi could tell White was more uncomfortable. Time to take action.

"Bacon sounds wonderful," She began, looking at the menu in consternation, then at White. "But I'm afraid I don't know what anything else is."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC: 

"I call the seat on the right side of the table. That way I can drink with my left hand while I point at things with my right." The way Darien said it was hard to say if he was being serious or not, he had a decent poker face. 

IC:

"Then I suppose I'll have to take the seat that's left, then," Tyrus said, a faint smile on his face.

IC:

"You and me both, sister," I said, already priming myself for what would come next. "Guess I only have one choice, don't I?"

zuto preserve me

"I'll have what the Sarge is having," adding, with a sidelong look at the Menti of the group, "And if I don't make it through this, Sinsh, tell the folks back home that I died doing something heroic. Killing a sea monster, maybe, or making small talk with a Vilda. Something I'll be famous for."

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC:

"You don't want the things I want, Dai. You have so many women to scam back on Sado. Don't throw that away for some cheap dalliance with a greasy spoon far from home."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:

A wolfish grin in the semi-dark.

It didn't take them long to find the tea place that Tyrus had discussed, and even less time to find seating once the Lesterin flashed the hostess his badge. Out by the water's edge, a veranda table, lightstones strung about on cables all around. A waitress arrived soon enough.

"Green tea for me, if you'd be so kind," the Marine said, "and perhaps a plate of scones for the table."

IC:

"In that case, 'fraid I'm in the same boat as Sinshi, here. We're relying on you, Sarge. Don't abandon us in our hour of need."

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC:

"I do not know what any of those are, but if you say they're good, they're probably good." The Menti acquiesced easily, folding her menu and putting it back without any further consideration. Instead she looked over to the booth's other occupants, curious to see what they would order.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

IC: "Sounds good," answered the Warrant Officer from one of the more enviable positions on the island.

"Same." I followed, from a significantly more pedestrian location. 

Well, if Denwa were here, she'd just tell me I wasn't trying hard enough, but she's puzzling over whether or not she needs to carry the two right now, so never you mind that.

helo frens

IC (Akimoto)

The sun shone down on the docks, where Aki was once again staring at a rock.

The Menti held a shiny blue-black stone in her hand, worn smooth by hundreds of years of rising and falling tides. It gleamed prettily in the light, but the Dasaka didn't particularly care how it looked. She was busy trying to make it move.

Sitting cross-legged on the salt-stained wood of Nokama's Pier, Aki sighed heavily and fixed her eyes once more on the stone, willing it to move, to rise, to wiggle, to do something. Maybe (probably) it was just her imagination, but she fancied she could feel the dormant power lying quiet in her brain, like a muscle she'd never flexed before. A muscle in an invisible arm that could reach out and manipulate things like rocks. If she just tried hard enough...

No go. The stone remained immobile, only now the faintest hint of a headache had begun to throb behind her left temple. Aki blinked, then threw the stone as far as she could. It traced a graceful arc through the air before splashing down in the sun-struck waters of Naho Bay and quickly sinking to the bottom. Perhaps it would reach the shore again in another thousand years.

IC (Ayiwah):

The commodore nodded in Sinshi's direction; a subtle, friendly gesture, before looking down at the tips of her feet in order to avoid showing everybody that a grin had forced its way onto her expression. But it did not last long. Seeing the Toa and her entourage head for breakfast brought an eventuality into focus which, she had to admit, they had failed to consider before they had departed: 

What if one of the expedition does not want to come back?

She and Tazera would have to talk about it later and then include Lady Hanako in the discussion once the two of them were in agreement. But first, there was another matter to discuss. Ayiwah turned on one heel, then made her way back into the conn tower with purpose in her stride. Back below decks, she found Mako where he said he would be, waiting outside her cabin, passing the time by entertaining Kama. The Commodore opened the door and then held it open. "Come in, Mako, make yourself comfortable."

IC (Tazera)

The Lieutenant arrived a few seconds later, snapping an even sharper salute than usual the moment she saw her commanding officer.

"Sorry I'm late, ma'am!"

There was a distinct red tinge to her ears.

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

IC:

A wolfish grin in the semi-dark.

It didn't take them long to find the tea place that Tyrus had discussed, and even less time to find seating once the Lesterin flashed the hostess his badge. Out by the water's edge, a veranda table, lightstones strung about on cables all around. A waitress arrived soon enough.

"Green tea for me, if you'd be so kind," the Marine said, "and perhaps a plate of scones for the table."

IC: 

"I'll have a cup of Earl Grey, unsweetened." Darien replied, turning to look back at Tyrus as the waitress walked off to get their orders. "Quite a day eh?"

IC: Arisaka

Arisaka walked into the restaurant where all the fine ladies were apparently having breakfast. "..."

IC:

"Most certainly," Tyrus said, one arm draped over the back of his chair. "It's not everyday that you encounter a real life alien. A surprising lack of disintegrations and abductions, I must admit. A part of me is just a little disappointed."

IC:

Now, who was that taciturn titan who'd just moseyed on into the joint?

"Hey, Arisaka!" I called out, raising a hand. "Whatcha doing in this neck of the woods?"

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC:

"Well you know, nothing ever goes as one would expect, especially on this island. I certainly never expected to become a Marine a year ago, but that's life for you."

IC:

"I've finished my morning workout and require nourishment." Arisaka said without so much as a blink. "I've been told this is the place to do so."

IC:

"It's a fairly long story, and it doesn't have all that of a happy ending. Still want to hear it?"

IC:

"It ends with you here, about to have tea with myself," the Lesterin said. "How badly can it end, in the long run?"

IC:

"Yeah, at least have some waffles or something," I said. "We can't have our guard passing out from hunger or anything. It'd be ###### for public relations."

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC:

"But those would just be protein. We just completed a multi-month voyage on sea rations, consuming food with a more varied nutritional composition would not be a bad idea."

Edited by It's A Gundam MkII

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC:

"Point, they do have excellent tea." 

IC:

"Precisely," Tyrus said, appropriately, at the same time that their waitress returned with the tea and scones. "Now then, let us hear your story, Darien."

IC:

"Greeeeat," I said through a strained smile. "So, can we like ... order, or something? Please?"

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC:

"Alright, don't say I didn't warn you." Darien said, taking a sip of his tea. "Well, years ago my family and I landed on this island like countless others, and as you know anyone who ended up on Mata Nui suffers from some form of memory loss, some more severe than others. I still can't remember where I came from, or how I ended up here. But what me and the rest of my family did remember was that wherever we did come from, we were royalty." Darien then went for his rapier, unfascinating the sheathe and placing it on the table. The sheath itself was impressive, a dark blue with gold outlining it, but what really caught the eye was the hilt of the weapon. It appeared to be gold, and was decorated with a crest along with various jewels that looked like they were worth more than the establishment they sat in. "I'm a prince, or at least I was from wherever it is I came from." 

IC:

Arisaka waited patiently for the waitress so that she could order. 

IC: Vaíl, Ga-Koro Harbor

Vaíl contemplated the vessel with interest for a few moments. Its construction was decidedly unusual; indeed, it didn't rightly resemble any craft she had seen before. Unfortunately, it seemed that the bulk of it was submerged beneath the water of the harbor, making any meaningful observation difficult.

The Toa turned to her companion. "Thank you," she said. And then, with a slight smirk scarcely visible in the darkness: "I will." Within moments the pair had said their goodbyes and the Matoran was gone. Vaíl returned her gaze to the mysterious vessel, briefly contemplating investigating further - but no, a no-name low-life wandering around the docks at midnight wouldn't be looked kindly upon. Besides, it had been a long day already. Some real food sounded a good deal more appealing than a late-night swim. Maybe something a bit stronger than water to drink. An actual bed, imagine that.

She opened her widget pouch to check on the contents. Should be enough. Taking note again of the harbor's layout and the submarine's location, she turned back toward the city.

Edited by Baltarc

Q2TtLEz.png

IC:

"I think ordering would be wise." The Umbraline Menti commented, adjusting absentmindedly in her seat while she mulled over the newest developments. The two men had been fairly quiet, Daijuno seemed very intent on ordering, Arisaka was typically stoic, and Whitehot... Looked a little distressed. For unknown reasons. Action was required. Sinshi stood slightly, just enough to be more easily seen outside of the booth, and waved for a waitress. She sat again as soon as she was certain she'd bee noticed, but that was only half the issue solved.

"So, Daijuno, how was your evening?"

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC:

"Hey there!" Whitehot said with a bit of her normal cheer in between Sinshi and Dai's conversation. "We'll have...one two three four five six six Berry Bomaye Specials, please! Put it on the Marine tab."

Feeding aliens had to be a tax write off.

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:

"I seem to recall a lengthy conversation about wanting to pay for breakfast. It's dim, your local alcohol has seen to that, but I am fairly sure that it was vocalized. And not just something I stated in my own head."

fK5oqYf.jpg