BZPRPG - Ga-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC:

“I like coming here.” The comment was simple, but Seven couldn’t help but take note. Not that anyone else seemed to acknowledge the cloak-clad Matoran contemplating his ice cream cone. He looked up, almost as though appraising the Ga-Matoran.

“Seven, right? Seventh of the Jaliax Sisters.”

Edited by It's A Gundam MkII

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC: The Seventh

The Seventh looked up from her own ice cream at the cloaked figure with an air of slight suspicion. One usually didn't get approached by random cloak-clad guys while eating, and she already had experience with getting involved with people who looked like that.

It hadn't turned out well for her.

Still, she'd keep moving forward with courage.

Grasp at every opportunity and carpe diem.

"Who's asking?" she replied, somewhat on guard.

IC:

“You’re cautious.” The Matoran bit into his cone, ignoring the passerby. “That’s good. Doesn’t pay to be too trusting. The Mark Bearers were a harsher way to learn that than I’d wish on anyone, but the lesson sank in.”

Edited by It's A Gundam MkII

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

IC:

“You’re cautious.” The Matoran bit into his cone, ignoring the passerby. “That’s good. Doesn’t pay to be too trusting. The Mark Bearers were a harsher way to learn that than I’d wish on anyone, but the lesson sank in.”

"Okay, who are you and what do you want?" said the Ga-Matoran, chomping down on the remainder of her ice cream and rapidly chewing away at it before swallowing. "Because I'm only going to give you this one warning before I force you to scram."

Don't you think it's about time you got up?

"Not part'cl'rly."

Too bad.  You've got work to do. 

And I know I wouldn't have raised someone who lays around all day when there's things to be done.

IC: Soraya [The Chiisai Ryu]

A quick check to make sure she had everything she needed in her bag - the ever-present emergency sowing kit, dye samples, a knife from the kitchens mostly just as a general precaution, and she didn't remember putting a large, meticulously-packaged fish in there, but then again she didn't remember much of yesterday at this point. 

"No kidnappers today," she muttered, "and no... trying to pull things off after half-drowning, either."  She was not going to admit to Ayiwah two days in a row that the bed rest was actually needed.

The merchant took a long, deep breath.  "Let's try this again."

Step one of working a new beat: find any familiar faces while you get your bearings.

Step one: complete

"Hey, Aki! Hold up!"

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

IC:

"Okay, who are you and what do you want?" said the Ga-Matoran, chomping down on the remainder of her ice cream and rapidly chewing away at it before swallowing. "Because I'm only going to give you this one warning before I force you to scram."

IC:

"Probably wouldn't know my name. And, all things considered, probably couldn't make me scram. Past few times I've had to flee were an order or two of magnitude higher than a Ga-Matoran." The Matoran almost seemed to smile, and overall, didn't seem concerned. If anything he seemed just as at ease.

"But I'm here because you're brave. And I'm going to need the courageous ones."

fK5oqYf.jpg

"Still feel like someone made sushi with my limbs and then changed their mind and tried to put 'em back together, but I'll live.  Just trying to avoid any rescue missions today if I can.  What're you up to?"

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

The Dashi sighed.  "Fair 'nough.  I think I've filled my heroics quota for the next month or so, though.  Was planning on looking through the markets a bit more, seeing if anyone on this end of the ocean can dye like a Plangori."  She smirked.  "Not that I don't already know the answer."

"Then we'll just have to show them how it's done, hey?" She grinned.  "C'mon; let's hit up whatever passes for downtown around here.  After spending so long cooped up in that musty old sub I could use a change of scenery - even if it does feel like it's already been ages since we made landfall.  Guess an eventful few days'll do that."

IC:

IC:

"Probably wouldn't know my name. And, all things considered, probably couldn't make me scram. Past few times I've had to flee were an order or two of magnitude higher than a Ga-Matoran." The Matoran almost seemed to smile, and overall, didn't seem concerned. If anything he seemed just as at ease.

"But I'm here because you're brave. And I'm going to need the courageous ones."

"I ain't going anywhere with you unless you tell me what you want."

IC (Ayiwah):

The commanding officer shot Tazera a questioning look, with a little amusement mixed in. Her friend was not one for being tardy aside from very rare occasions, and her reaction when it happened was usually endearing, though the commodore would never say that out loud or on the mental plane with others in earshot.

"It's quite alright, Tazera." she said. "Thank you for joining us."

She looked from her to Mako again and back. "Now then; the reason I called you here is Vilda Soraph. She has made the acquaintance of a team of Toa and requested she be allowed to join them on an excursion to Ko-Wahi. Hostile territory. I would like your thoughts on the matter."

IC: Vilda Mako (Ayiwah's Office)

"Not by herself, that should be obvious right away." I regurgitated, just for the sake of clarity, "but even then, if she referred to the group as a whole team, then we'd have to send quite a few people with her just to avoid them being in danger from being outnumbered. Soraph is the only one who's interested, as far as we currently know, so it wouldn't be safe for her to take just herself and maybe one or two others, especially not if the whole thing is going into unknown territory with unknown associates and known danger."

I quieted down as I mused for a spell. Soraph was... charitable, she probably had interest in coming with these people to help out, or so they'd made her believe.

"Anyway, let's assume these Toa were on the up-and-up (isn't that their job around here? Kind of like a "protector" of some sort), and Soraph knew all the risks involved, and these Toa were going to do what they could to keep her safe and alive out there... even then, we would've left one of our own into the charge of total strangers, walking into completely unknown danger and territory." I said, to which Kama decided it was a good time to punctuate with a caw of her own.

"I think my input isn't really gonna be anything else but a resounding 'no'" I said frankly.

IC (Tazera)

"Not really my place to comment, ma'am," Tazera picked up once Mako had finished. "At least, not professionally, what with me being military and this being more of a diplomatic matter in my eyes. But personally...I'd be against it as well. It's not in our mandate to get involved with this island's in-fighting. And even if it were, I'd say we don't know enough yet about the situation."

The lieutenant shrugged.

"Just my thoughts, ma'am. I'll be behind your decision either way."

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

IC (Akimoto)

"You're telling me," Aki laughed. "I feel like I'll never be able to stretch enough to feel normal again." To punctuate the point, she reached up and stretched her hands towards the sky. "I'm not looking forward to the trip back."

The rolling surf and sea breeze, mixed with the sunshine and blue sky, had the village feeling lively. Vendors were out in full force, selling their wares from rickety stalls - everything from fresh fish to beaded bracelets. Salt-stained shells in every colour of the rainbow sat next to Onuk-Oran crystals whose yellowish glow could hardly be seen in the daylight.

"Hey, look-" Aki pointed out a stall stacked with bolts of cloth. "I think that's what we're looking for."

"Now that's what I'm looking for."  She brushed past Aki and made a show of lifting the cloths and examining them against the light of day.  Not bad work, all things considered.  But whoever dyed these wasn't paying attention - there's a little bit of fading here, some unnecessary banding down near the seams...

"What do you think, Aki?" she called back, being careful not to turn towards the Matoran standing in the stall.  He was looking her over with the familiar, hesitant confusion of a man who couldn't read his customer.  "This material... it doesn't seem quite as vibrant as the stuff we have back on the archipelago, does it?"

Edited by GSR

"Destiny ...?"

The last of the Three Virtues. Personally, she didn't know what it really represented. She knew the meaning, yeah, but ...

What was it that Mata Nui had planned for them, anyway?

"I guess I'll know it when I see it."

And she would grab it with her own two hands.

IC:

"Would you?" The Matoran paused, dusting any fragments of the cone off of his hands before he elaborated. "Can anyone see it? A Matoran that becomes a Toa, that is easy. A Stone makes its way into their hands, and if it's their Destiny, they will become a Toa. But the rest of us don't have it so simple, do we? We don't have a prophecy spelling out what we will do."

"What if I told you that I knew yours? You, and five more?"

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC: And now it's time for a little lecture in regards to Sleep Cycles and You: Why it's Best to get Consistent Rest.

You see, there's this phenomenon where if an individual regularly deprives themselves of sleep for a long period, they end up accruing what is known as a sleep deficit, or sleep debt. This is basically the effects of all the time that you spent not being allowed, for whatever reason, to sleep in a proper cycle, be it sleep apnea, insomnia, night asthma, homework, or simply not being disciplined enough to turn in when you very well should. Your sleep debt, unlike certain other forms of debt, doesn't care how or why you've got it—it just exists. And as you continue your (bad habits/ stressing through your workload/ unfortunate sickness), it accumulates each and every time, robbing you of attentiveness, focus, good nature, or even in some bad cases, your physical well-being. It's incredibly common in young adults across the island. 

Sounds nasty, right? Well, that's just the tip of the iceberg when we get to how it applies to me.

You might be wondering why I'm bringing this up when, for all appearances, I collapsed straight into bed once I was finished with everything last night. "Maybe it wasn't at the best hour", you'd say, "but surely you got plenty of time in and it was decent enough, right?"

Ha. Ha ha ha ha ha.

Well you see, the thing isn't that you're wrong: In fact, you're absolutely right. I slept for a good while longer than I have in the past few days, or potentially even weeks, last night. But that's when another nasty thing rears it's head, and this one's just plain unfair.

REM Rebound. In terms you or I would use instead of vaguely scientific-sounding nomenclature, I basically had slept so poorly recently that getting proper sleep now was actually a pipe-dream. Sure, I slept well the night before, but the simple truth of the matter is that my body was still recovering from the deficit I'd made, and it left me waking up feeling about as vibrant as a fish in the desert once it hit. How do I fix it?

More sleep like the night before. While this phenomenon is something akin to whiplash on the brain as far as I can tell, I needed to keep my sleep cycle as it was to truly set it back on course.

Now what did this all mean, in regards to the larger story surrounding me?

"Yo, kid. You still with me?"

"Wuh."

Yeah, I think that painted the picture as well as any recounting on my part.

helo frens

IC Sorox

After falling into a tree and spending forever getting his cape untangled, Sorox decided to head into the town again in the hopes of getting a meal.

But you don't have any money, doofus.

Agh, just don't fly in again.

OOC: Sorox open for interaction.

Not exactly the comeback she'd been hoping for.  This sort of thing was always so much easier with experienced backup, but sometimes you had to work with what you had.

"I suppose so - after all, the royal family's wardrobe was so splendid they hardly even let me handle it, and I was one of the ones dyeing it in the first place."  She sighed theatrically.  "If only the folks here could see the kinds of colors we had back home - like the rainbow itself had burrowed into the cloth..."

Out of the corner of her eye she could see the salesman furrowing his brow in thought.  Okay, okay, making progress, press a little harder...

"Don't you agree, Aki?"

"I'd tell you to prove it," was her blunt reply.

IC:

"Not a woman of faith, then." The Matoran commented dryly, but he crossed his arms across his chest thoughtfully. "But you raise an interesting question. Toa have it easy, don't you think? If becoming a Toa is a Matoran's destiny, then a Toa Stone will one day make it into their hands. They'll have no proof that it's meant for them. Only their instinct. If it is meant to be, the Stone will work. Otherwise it will prove that it isn't meant for that person. The rest of us don't have it quite so black and white. We don't have a rock to show us our path, and only rarely do we have anyone to guide us."

"We can only hope, like you said, that we can see our destiny when it's in front of us." He paused a moment, and let the friendly smile on his face wane just for a moment, letting a more serious expression shine through. "I can't prove that I know your destiny, Seven. I can't even say for certain that I know what will happen. I know what you're supposed to do. No power in this world is strong enough to know if you will. I, like everyone else, have to take it on faith."

"The place you need to be, where I have to hope you go, is near the Kini Nui. You won't find it on any map, but once you get close enough,,, You'll find it." The Matoran glanced away from the Ga-Matoran a moment, looking out towards the docks. Then he looked back. "This world isn't as it should be. Mata Nui still sleeps. Even from his banishment, Makuta empowers his followers. The Maru can't stop it. They couldn't even if I could have warned them. But I think you see it, too. And I have faith that you're the right person to act on it." 

"Bring a friend if you want, when you go to the Keeping Place. That Ko-Toa if you must. But only you six will be able to enter." He cocked his head slightly, the friendly smile returning. "Or meet up with the Dashi. I'll be speaking to her soon. I'd love to stay and chat, but frankly, I'm out of time."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC: Soraya [The Markets]

"Yes! Morie herself put that together, you know, with Shuuan and me helping.  Made me proud to be a Plangori - well, maybe it could've had a better wearer, but that's life." 

The salesman coughed politely.  Soraya flashed Akimoto a grin like a shark, and then turned to face the man.  Time to get to work.

Ten minutes later, the two were back to working their way through the markets.  Soraya turned the cloth the salesman had given her over in her hands experimentally.  "Good stuff.  No idea how it'll handle our dyes, but hey, I'll take the record for 'first trans-oceanic sale' any way I can get it.  How 'bout you, Aki? Got any plans for this brave new world?" 

OOC: Silo and Skorm from Ta-Wahi

IC: Silo - Ga-Wahi

Our journey has been relatively swift, but in that time I've learnt a little more about the Toa Kalta. It's surprising how informative idle conversation can be. But now, as we near the locale of the Water Village, I become tense. If Casanuva really is here, there'll be a fight...nothing I'm not prepared for. A little voice at the back of my head reminds me that I lost last time we battled, and it cost me a month of my life. Not this time - I was foolish then, but now I'm dangerously foolish. I don't let the adrenaline rush through me yet...but soon I'll get the opportunity to.

"So Skorm," I ask, 'cos of course we're on first name terms now, "If you don't mind me asking," I continue, 'cos I feel that he trusts me a little more than before, "...what happened between you and Cas?"

Kathok

IC: Skorm kept his eyes on the distant village as he kept foliage between him and it.

"Well, I tried to kill him and the other Kalta. That's the story without context."

One look told Skorm his companion wouldn't be satisfied without the context.

"Well, I was tracking him down to start putting the team back together. Followed his trail out of Le-Koro, ran into a skakdi by the name of Zaktan. Doused me with some nasty stuff called Antidermis." Absentmindedly, Skorm put his hand to his mask, where one of the stains were. "Twisted my mind. By the time I came to, I just wanted to... rip. Tear. Kill. Starting with my team. Tracked him to Ga-Koro, where he had met up with Kalyss and Vakua. They, with a few others, fought me off. I killed a Marine on my way in, nearly killed another on my way out."

Skorm scowled as he stood tall, adjusting his sword's strap on his shoulder, and putting down his hood. "Bit more to that story. Went down into Mangaia with a few others. Ran into rahkshi. The Abettor. He didn't take a liking to me, smashed me half to pieces. Met Zaktan again, he told me about Antidermis. From there I passed out for a while. Woke up after someone sympathetic dragged me to Po-Wahi. Met Stannis Maru, he healed me. Body and mind. Wanna make good on this second chance."

The times, they are a-changing...

IC (Akimoto)

"Well..."

Aki pulled the knife free from her belt. Its edges were rough and the shape was crude; if this were made of crystal, she would never have let it leave her workbench. But it gleamed in the sun unlike any crystal. It was made of metal.

"I made this yesterday. A smith let me have a go at his forge in exchange for an hour or two of work. It's not much, but I've never made anything like it."

IC: (Datrox Karvan)

A Toa of Fire walks into a bar.
It sounds like the beginning of a joke, that no doubt ends in an anticlimactic punchline that's sure to rouse a lot of awkward laughter. Instead, it was what the Toa known as Datrox Karvan was doing. He took a seat, ordered a drink, and hoped no one would strike up a conversation with him. So far, this hadn't happened, but a group of Matoran nearby did break out into jolly, most likely drunken laughter, prompting him to pull his hood farther over his face.
Perhaps one of them had just completed a joke about a Toa of Fire walking into a bar.

​OOC: Datrox, OFI.

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC Sorox

The Toa of Water slowly walked about until he had unknowingly walked into one of the alchohol businesses... And wearing a mask shaped like the deadly Kraakhan whilst wearing a flowing cape is not exactly something to glance over once. Nearly everyone who wasn't drunker than a fish glared at him suspiciously.

Don't just stand there. Do something. Without thinking about it, he swiftly took a seat by an enigmatic, hooded Toa of Fire who didn't look particularly talkative.

OOC: Sorox interacting with Datrox. Link to profile list in disturbing signature if more info is needed.

IC: Soraya [The Markets]

Soraya leaned in to look at the knife and let out a low whistle.  "Y'know, if we were back home, that'd probably buy me a week's worth of materials for the shop.  This place is bonkers."