BZPRPG - Po-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC:

For the first several minutes, everything was fine; almost peaceful, even.

"So when you were here the last time, on the way to the Crystal chamber, there were no traps?"

", I'unno."

"...But you were here."

"Nah, I was outside."

"...You said you came here with Joske and Stannis!"

"Yeah, I did, but getting in the first time wasn't my destiny. I was making out with Tuara outside."

This agitated Cipher beyond even the low, stifled groans he had previously regressed to. Flay rubbed her face with her hands as they found their way out of the maintenance tunnel (why did a temple need a maintenance tunnel was a question for another day) when Dorian led the group to the Crystal Chamber.

"See? No traps," he said, casually walking around the podium where Heuani had once pilfered the Crystal of Creation. "Aaaand...now what."

Though the question only served to further irritate Cipher, Dorian was right; there were only three paths into the room, one that so perfectly mirrored their own entrance that it was probably just another service tunnel, and one that, clearly longer and wider than the other two, was probably the entrance blocked off by the main door. All routes led to this podium...which planted an idea in about half the heads of the team.

"Why does the podium stand?" Kubrick asked. "Don't podiums sink into the ground or something dramatic when you take whatever's on them off them?"

"You read too many temple stories," Mar said, but Dor looked thoughtful.

"Maybe not," he muttered, before looking up. "Avier. Smash it open."

"What!?"

"Can you get fined again for that?"

"You're going to Karz, dude."

"Isn't this a Temple of Creation?" Kubrick asked rhetorically.

"Smash it," Dor said forcefully. "If it backfires, it'll blow me up and Rhea gets her heart's desire." He spared a quick wink at the Toa of Plasma. "Or not, and we can all get rich and find the secret to life, love, and the way the world keeps spinning."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC: Avier

Avier looked at the podium, then shrugged. No risk, no reward, right?

"Works for me." he muttered, stepping past everyone. His eyes scanned the area from bottom to top, left to right as he walked towards the chamber, searching for anything odd that might pose a threat. When he didn't find anything but the podium in front of him, he let loose a small sigh and raised his hands high above his head, fingers intertwined.

"Here goes."

Activating his Pakari, a massive rush of power surged through him as he brought his hands down, smashing the podium with all the monstrous strength his mask could afford him.

IC Daltrahk

So... Big, dark, ominous entrance with no sign of intelligence anywhere to be found. And wasn't that the one who hired him that just slipped in?

Datrahk hung around by the entrance, not wishing to head in, lest he be mistaken for an opponent.

IC: Prei

I had been ignored.

As usual.

They've disappeared into the desert.

I could chase after them. Maybe I should've from the very beginning.

It's too late now.

I sigh, heading back to headquarters.

I will simply have to issue a warrant for Mr. Dorian Shaddix if I am to get him to pay for his crime.

• Upvote 5

IC: Zelvin and Mar (Temple of Creation)

Zelvin had followed in behind Rhea, Avier and Kubrick. When she entered the room proper, she stopped and looked around, not paying any mind to the conversation that was taking place (if she had, her mouth would be leaping a mile a minute right now). She looked at where she stood, in the middle of a rugged gang of rogues probably about to risk life and limb to keep said elements intact, and she couldn't think of anywhere she'd rather be right now.

Making up the rear, I tried searching the surrounding walls for any clues or hints, but no dice.

"I suppose there isn't much else to do but wait for when that pedestal joins the rest of the dust in here"

*cough*

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC:

"[...] if it backfires, it'll blow me up and Rhea gets her heart's desire." [Dorian] spared a quick wink at the Toa of Plasma.

IC:

Well.

Maybe he was a bit more perceptive than she'd given him credit for. Imagine that.

Somewhat mollified, the Toa of Plasma refocused her attention on Avier and waited to see what would happen when the pillar broke. If the pillar broke. She didn't know much about sacred temples, but she rather doubted they'd be quite that easy to vandalize.

On the other hand, she'd been wrong before. As much as she hated to admit it.

Edited by Shadowhawk

IC: Ryza and Kelz - Forsi docks. 

Having caught the train back to Forsi, the two pirates - with Ryza still supporting her semi-drunken brother - made their way back to the docks, where their ship awaited. "Where exactly are we going to go from here?"

"I remember hearing something about one of the villages being taken over..." Kelz slurred, "...sounds like a good business opportunity to me."

"I thought we came here to avoid getting caught up in more conflicts."

"We came here to do what we've always done, sis: make money." 

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Ryza and Kelz - Forsi docks. 

Having caught the train back to Forsi, the two pirates - with Ryza still supporting her semi-drunken brother - made their way back to the docks, where their ship awaited. "Where exactly are we going to go from here?"

"I remember hearing something about one of the villages being taken over..." Kelz slurred, "...sounds like a good business opportunity to me."

"I thought we came here to avoid getting caught up in more conflicts."

"We came here to do what we've always done, sis: make money." 

IC: I couldn't help but overhear that you're looking to make some money, so I'm guessing you have something to sell? 

It's time to move on.

IC: Kelz and Ryza - Forsi Docks. 

Helping her brother lean against one of the railings, Ryza turned to size up the diminutive newcomer. "Not sell.... so much as rent," she gestured to the ship at anchor behind them, still being repaired by the bo-skakdi group she'd hired earlier the previous afternoon, "We've got a ship, and we know how to use it." 

She frowned, leaning down a little to glower at the newcomer. "Why do you want to know?" 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Ryza - Forsi Docks.

"It's not a matter of how much, it's a matter of what for," Ryza hissed, "and taking it out for a spin sounds like a waste of my time." 

She chuckled. "Depends on what you mean by scour..." if he meant blow the karz out of other ships to take everything they had, she might have been open to negotiation, but she had her doubts... 

She chuckled. "Depends on what you mean by scour..." if he meant blow the karz out of other ships to take everything they had, she might have been open to negotiation, but she had her doubts... 

IC: Well that works to, so how much and do I keep all objects found? 

It's time to move on.

"How much my brother and I decide to charge is entirely dependent on where you want to go, how long this expedition of yours is intended to take, and what kinds of objects we'll supposedly be looking for." 

"How much my brother and I decide to charge is entirely dependent on where you want to go, how long this expedition of yours is intended to take, and what kinds of objects we'll supposedly be looking for." 

IC: Well I was just thinking plain sea in the hopes of finding some treasures. 

It's time to move on.

"So let me get this straight...." Ryza gaped, "...you expect my brother and I to take you out into the middle of the ocean, with no idea of where we're going, what we're looking for, or how long we'll be gone for?" 

She laughed. "How about no?" 

"So let me get this straight...." Ryza gaped, "...you expect my brother and I to take you out into the middle of the ocean, with no idea of where we're going, what we're looking for, or how long we'll be gone for?" 

She laughed. "How about no?" 

IC: Luta - Forsi Docks

Oh come on I *shakes head*, well if you don't believe in my method of random exploration you'll might wanna know that I made a lot of money off of exploring the side of cliffs in Onu-Koro, oh well your loss I'll find someone else who at least knows when to take widgets. 

It's time to move on.

"Making money off random exploration is called getting lucky," Ryza sighed, "but if you think you're dragging my brother and I off on an unplanned, undermanned, under-provisioned mission that may or may not actually yield any results, you've got another think coming." 

"Making money off random exploration is called getting lucky," Ryza sighed, "but if you think you're dragging my brother and I off on an unplanned, undermanned, under-provisioned mission that may or may not actually yield any results, you've got another think coming." 

IC: Luta - Forsi Docks

Fine then don't take any risks, I'll take my money elsewhere, I'm not as good at psychology as I think I am am I... 

It's time to move on.

"Clearly not...." the Vortixx growled, biting back any further snappy remarks. She'd taken more risks in her life than this petty lowlife could even begin to fathom, yet he went around acting like he was some bigshot for accidentally stumbling across something in a cave. 

The nerve of these people....

IC: Kelz and Ryza - Forsi Docks.

"Alright, let's get out of here," she nudged Kelz with her foot, "We've got money to make." 

"What did that guy want?" he slurred sleepily. 

"To waste our time," she replied dismissively, "Let's go." 

"Do we look like we're running a ferry service?" 

"We're not a charity," Ryza scowled, turning away and holding out a hand to help Kelz up, "save your money for someone who actually needs it."

IC: Jokaro

Hmm. Yes.

Yes.

That could work nicely.

He took another look over the blueprints he'd sketched up, making his way back to the Engineering Department buildings, calling over the quartermaster as he entered.

"I've got this interesting device that I think will prove useful in tandem with those new gas grenades you procured," he remarked to her, though slightly agitated that that Onu-Koro had beat him to the mark with their own product.

Quickly retrieving a sheet from his pile, he handed it to the quartermaster.

"This is a list of items I'll need in order to construct the prototype - from there I'll test the components and see if the entire device is worth building."

She nodded and left with the list.