Nuju Metru

IC: Vrina

Vrina shrugged a bit as she heard this tapping her foot against the floor

"I don't think I will need any help but thank you anyway."

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

IC: Colx (Fitness Center)

If there was one lesson I'd taken to in all these years, it was that when a woman says she doesn't need your help, she means it, and you'll be in for a world of hurt if you suggest otherwise. I sighed under my breath as I handed Vrina a towel I'd conveniently grabbed on my way into the training hall.

"Well, in any case I just want to know where we stand on that front"

I swallowed, the Muaka was still waiting.

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC:

"Stay strong...

The Toa of Gravity's eyes flickered to life. An overcast sky swirled above him, far beyond the treetops, yet he did not yet feel rain on his face.

His limbs ached. His senses were dull from exhaustion. He tried to sit upright, but immediately fell back to the unforgiving earth, wincing in pain as his head throbbed relentlessly.

Why am I so ####### weak?!

Zeth's elemental energy had not yet recharged, so his absent powers were not there to help him to his feet. He would have to get up on his own this time.

He grimaced and cursed through the pain as he pushed himself up to a sitting position. Then, ever so slowly, he stood to his full height. The remains of the hut lay scattered around him, like the fragmented pieces of his soul.

OOC: Open for interaction

Edited by Requiem

Vrina rubbed the towel over her mask as she listened but she stopped mid movement and stared at Colx with an inquisitive tone

"What front are you referring to colx?"

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

IC:

"Stay strong...

The Toa of Gravity's eyes flickered to life. An overcast sky swirled above him, far beyond the treetops, yet he did not yet feel rain on his face.

His limbs ached. His senses were dull from exhaustion. He tried to sit upright, but immediately fell back to the unforgiving earth, wincing in pain as his head throbbed relentlessly.

Why am I so ####### weak?!

Zeth's elemental energy had not yet recharged, so his absent powers were not there to help him to his feet. He would have to get up on his own this time.

He grimaced and cursed through the pain as he pushed himself up to a sitting position. Then, ever so slowly, he stood to his full height. The remains of the hut lay scattered around him, like the fragmented pieces of his soul.

OOC: Open for interaction

IC: Voice from behind

"Depends, Toa; depends...

Edited by Bioni-Man

IC: Alfon

She's got a nice set of ninja skills, a cool job with a solid pay, and she somehow managed to make that sound depressing. Seems like we have more in common than I thought.

"Alright well, what do you like in general? Hobbies, interests, that kind of stuff."

If you have any.

OOC:

OOC: Um, the italics indicate that he wasnt speaking out loud, but okay.

IC:

Zeth's body whirled around as efficiently as possible to see who it was that spoke.

OOC: Whoa, sorry bro, my head must have gotten screwy.. I could've sworn that Zeth said something out loud! Well, this character is insane, so let's just pretend he was being... "insaney"

IC: Mesonak

Mesonak smiled a toothy grin.

"Hello, Toa. How are you?"

Edited by Bioni-Man

"Just the job-hunting thing" I mumbled as I looked around.

Vrina arched her brow as she walked up close to Colx and shot him a look

"Colx.. you know I don't like it when you mumble."

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

IC:

The Toa of Gravity was so horrified, you'd think he was looking straight into the face of Karzahni himself. The being before him had a face that was covered in intense burns, and his height was impressive compared to that of Zeth.

The later wondered if death himself had come to take him.

"H-hello... " The words barely exited Zeth's lungs. "Am I... dead?"

"Well don't make such a ruckus about it", I nearly growled back, "I'm just trying to get a grip on our financial situation"

As soon as I'd said it, I felt a sickening jab in my gut, one that felt like forcing a disgusting medicine down your throat. Back to this again, was it? Sure as karz didn't last long, now did it?

No, no, I wasn't going to let this be like before. I was a different man now, this should be different, too.

I turned back to her, forcing myself to look at her by telling myself it was a challenge, and said with a raspy grunt.

"Sorry, Vrina, I didn't mean to snap at ya" I managed to cough up.

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

Vrina rolled her eyes as he brought up the financial situation

"Then don't piddly fart around the situation and just come and tell me bluntly.. Don't make me guess what you are trying to talk about.."

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

"You know you can be insufferably smug sometimes" I grumbled back with a sneer.

The muaka in my gut sprang loose, thrashing about again as I felt my frame grow stiff and my eyes redden. This feeling, it was coming back from whatever pit in my mind it'd dug itself into. Now things could go right to karz very quickly if I didn't cool it.

"Get a hold of yourself, don't let all that training be for nothing" I yelled at myself as I felt my limbs tremble, muscles tensed.

"Don't cross the line"

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC:

The Toa of Gravity was so horrified, you'd think he was looking straight into the face of Karzahni himself. The being before him had a face that was covered in intense burns, and his height was impressive compared to that of Zeth.

The later wondered if death himself had come to take him.

"H-hello... " The words barely exited Zeth's lungs. "Am I... dead?"

Mesonak licked his lips.

"No. Not yet."

The Skakdi before Zeth was a horrendous sight. It was large and powerful, a menacing beast. But his most frightening feature was his almost bare skull - the silver armor around it had melted away into almost nothing, leaving only charred remains. This was also the same with his spikes and shoulder armor, with pure white bone peeking from underneath.

he was hideous, and wielded some customized ice weapon, with a chainsaw built into the other end. It was covered in dried blood.

Edited by Bioni-Man

"You know you can be insufferably smug sometimes" I grumbled back with a sneer.

The muaka in my gut sprang loose, thrashing about again as I felt my frame grow stiff and my eyes redden. This feeling, it was coming back from whatever pit in my mind it'd dug itself into. Now things could go right to karz very quickly if I didn't cool it.

"Get a hold of yourself, don't let all that training be for nothing" I yelled at myself as I felt my limbs tremble, muscles tensed.

"Don't cross the line"

For a miniscule moment a look of hurt crossed her face however it was soon replaced with a look of frustration as she walked right past colx and outside of the buidling without sparing him a single glance or word. She did not slam the door either, just walked out cooly and closed it behind her. She kept walking towards the elevator hoping to get there before he caught up

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

IC: Shadowstalker

A Skakdi swung though teh dense forest. He himself was nearly invisible, given his years of stealth training, but everything nearby was not to him, as his vision power clearly displayed the heat emenating from all nearby beings.

Kopaka, the coolest(Pun intended) Ko-Toa ever:

Comic_Blizzard_Blade_In_Use.png      

"If the fight had turned, Exann might be the one on the floor with Antidermis spurting out of him. This is how battle is. This is how life is." -Mar'jik, Corpus Rahkshi                                       

The nimble Skakdi swung to a halt in the trees, and acrobatically made his way down, using the talons built into his prosthetic arm to help grip. Landing on his feet, he quickly made his way to the Le-Koro Fitness Center and knocked on the door.

"If the fight had turned, Exann might be the one on the floor with Antidermis spurting out of him. This is how battle is. This is how life is." -Mar'jik, Corpus Rahkshi                                       

IC:

Zeth took a rather large step back.

"What do you want from me?" he said, trembling slightly.

"Well, firstly, I... wait hold on. What did I want again? Seriously, just give me a moment."

Mesonak sat down on a large rock.

"Hold on, hold on... oh, cummon! It's right on the tip of my tongue!"

He proceeded to flick his snake-like tongue in and out of his mouth, wetting his lips. He put his fist on his chin and assumed the Thinker mode.

"Hmm..."

Edited by Bioni-Man

Vrina felt Colx's hand pull at her arm and her head practically snapped over her shoulder as her expression twisted in anger and pain while shouting

"What the karz do you want?! I thought I was smug and of course you don't want to be with someone who is smug eh?"

She tried pulling her arm free from his grip as a tear attempted to find it's way down her mask

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

Shadowstalker had never been one for rules, so he opened the door and snuck inside

IC: NPC Employee (Fitness Center)

"Hold up, there" a voice called.

Shadowstalker would soon find himself being glared daggers at by the Le-Matoran clerk he'd not noticed on his way in. Darool chided his bad luck for saddling him with this duty just as a more mean-looking Skakdi than his own boss decided to start breaking rules.

"You can't just barge in here like that, this is not a public building"

IC: Colx (Le-Koro)

"I never said that" I protested, not knowing what else to say. Every other time I'd said exactly how little I thought of the other person, but this was a whole different story.

"Vrina, just because you've got a bit of a mouth on you doesn't mean I don't want to, "be with you". That'd be stupid of me"

"Especially now" I told myself.

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

SHadowstalker mentally kicked himself. He smirked behind the tinted facelate of his 'hunting' helmet, and asked "So how do I get access?". He didn't really care about regulations, he just wanted an excuse to get outside and sneak in through a window or something.

IC:

Vrina stopped tugging and faced colx fully now as she heard his words "Colx i am always going to speak my mind. I am blunt and I don't believe in squirming my way around something... apparently you call that being smug. But none the less I don't appreciate you being indirect when talking with me. If you wanted to know about the finacial situation just tell ask me, don't make me guess what you are meaning." (written on 3DS. Formatting may be weird)

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

"I'm a thick-skinned Skakdi, but I still have feelings, you just hit too close to home" I replied bluntly. Clashing with Vrina this way was never one of my goals, it was just a way too concrete reminder of past failures.

I let my vicegrip on her arm go as I met her eyes with sullen gloom.

"If you want to be blunt, fine, but try to be just a bit more gentle about it. In return I'll try to be less of a grumpy old fart."

Darool muttered something about "I hate Skakdi" under his breath as he looked at Shadowstalker.

"If you want to use the training equipment, you have to pay accordingly"

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

Shadowstalker plopped some wicked-looking knifes on teh desk, looked at them, put them back, and put a sizable quantity of Widgets on the desk. "Is this enough?"

IC: Vrina could not help but smile at that last part and with a swift motion she brought her right hand up to flick Colx between the eyes "Your thickness is what I like about you."

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

"And I'd have to say your way of getting straight to business is what I like about you" I replied in kind as I caught her hand. I'd always been firm on getting work done, for want of basic survival more than anything else, so that had been drilled into me without stop since I ended up on this rock full of spirit-worshipping Matoran and estranged foreigners like myself.

"What do you say we start thinking about that dinner? I'm getting hungry"

"Yeah, it's enough" Darool muttered, omitting to mention that it was neaarly double the required sum as she shuffled it off the counter. His salary was lousy.

"Enjoy your training regimen"

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

Reading the expression on the Le-Matoran's face, Shadow knew he'd just payed the guy too much. No matter though, as he had plenty of money from the last job. He walked into the training area and looked around.

IC: Vrina smiled softly as her hand was caught and she merely pulled it back looking off in the distance "Ah yes... our big attempt to see whether the world lynchs us or accepts us... that dinner.. I suppose we shouldn't forestall it any longer eh?"

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

While Vrina looked off in the distance, I retreated within my battered shell, nursing my wounded pride. When Vrina murmured about what "society" might think of us, I felt a tinge of disgust for said society seep into my skull. The cutthroat world of the blade and the fist wouldn't have offered two seconds' thought at an unusual pair like us; if it wasn't currently trying to kill you, it wasn't your business. These Matoran were sheltered from the world they lived in like cowed Mahi Goats, they had grown complacent after Makuta's defeat. A real threat to their lives and homes might do them some good for a change, and help rub out the weak links.

"Yeah, let's see what we can draw besides weird looks"

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

Vrina nodded as she took Colx's hand in both her hands and smiled

"Hey.. if they give us weird looks we can just beat the looks off their faces."

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

IC:

The current events had Zeth confused and perplexed. Here he was, a Toa fresh from an unwanted "nap", only to be confronted by yet ANOTHER monstrous being.

What a day.

He considered making a run for it, but he wouldn't get too far in the condition he was in. No, he'd have to keep his guard up and play along with the guy. The Toa of Gravity was unarmed and completely vulnerable to an aggressive advance. He'd have to tread carefully.

"I'm sorry, but do I know you?" Zeth inquired as confidently as he could.

OOC: Jam between Kughii and Snoip Lion.

IC: Kongu and Guards, Three po-matoran NPCs

Kongu rose from his seated position. Upon standing from his chair he lifted off his Akiri robes and folded them, shaping them into a neat square on his desk. He seated himself again. Kongu reached back with his elbows, stretching his tattooed arms and chest. He let out a sigh as he stopped, allowing himself to relax a little more. He felt - despite the current state of Mata-Nui - at ease. It wouldn't last long. But if Kongu had learned anything over the years, it was that if you didn't take time to appreciate the short moments of calm, you'd never rest. It was something he knew he could manage, but that didn't stop him from taking advantage of a quiet moment or a proud song.

There was a knock at the door. Kongu turned his attention across his neatly organized desk and to the opening, "Yes?" He called.

"Akiri Kongu, there is a visitor from Po-Koro," the voice on the other side of the door sounded, "Shall we send him in Akiri?"

"One moment!" Was the response the visitor would hear from outside. The guard turned his head from Kongu's door to look the Po-Koronian down. The Forceman was a physically intimidating Toa, with a powerful and business-like stance. He stood by a similar looking Le-Koronian. It might seem strange: The contrast between how Kongu's guard might appear and how Kongu himself appeared.

Ritti, Ponu, and Delpo stood on the wide deck. They were a mixed back of emotions. Delpo was in awe of the buzzing insects and the fluttering birds which swooped through the air to catch their meal. Ponu leaned against the rail, keeping his eyes fixed on the door guards while mentally figuring out the fastest way to kill them. The third po-matoran, Ritti, stood with a package tucked under his arm and a foot tapping impatiently.

“If a moment takes a year I'll be fine waiting,” Delpo exclaimed, still attempting to gather his jaw from the wooden planks that served as ground. "I never knew the jungle could be so beautiful. The flora and fauna and…” He trailed off as a hummingbird with golden throat dove past.

"That's because you're above the swamp.” Ponu grumbled. “Too many trees here. Too many places to duck and hide. Instead of fighting like men they leap like brakas monkeys.”

Ritti grit his teeth. “Ponu, for once in your life please don’t embarrass yourself in front of Akiri Kongu. We’re a liaison, so act like one.”

“I’m a liaison. You’re a merchant marine.”

“Fair enough.” Ritti said.

"Send them in!" The voice from inside called. The smaller guard of the two reached over and opened the door, stepping back to allow the trio access. There on the other side of his desk he stood, robes still folded on his desk. He stood with his posture straight yet relaxed. He spoke with a voice that commanded attention yet put those around him at ease. "Akiri Kongu," with a smile playing on his lips, the Matoran continued, "How did you find your trip through Le-Wahi?"

"Splendid."

"Nothing out of the ordinary."

"Shut up."

It was a jumble at first, but once Ritti had silenced his companions he smiled at the Akiri and said, "Everything was wonderful. Although, I will admit I have firmer feet for boats then gukko.”

Kongu chuckled, "I do not blame you for it," he took a step foward, "Wind-flight may very well be for me, but it is not for everybody. It takes a great deal of faith to be lifted off the ground - on the back of a Rahi no less. Even if the Le-Koronian Wind-riders are as well trained as they are." Kongu said as he came to a stop at the front end of his desk, "I trust that Po-Koro is well?" He asks, gauging whether or not these three might know about Matoro's murder.

Ritti smiled. "Never better, why there's plenty of fish in the north and trade is just booming and all..." He trailed off as a stare from the soldier quieted his rambling. The metaphorical speech totem had passed hands.

"Akiri Hewkii sends his regards," Ponu said with diplomatic fashion, "and has expressed thanks in your co-operation in the creation of the cartography program. The Aeronautical Reconnaissance Division, or Aero-Con if you prefer less of a mouthful, has begun gleaning information along Po-Wahi's coast and a prototype map is already being drafted back in Po-koro. However, Hewkii felt his appreciation could not be met with mere words. Instead he sent along with the tools a special gift." He paused, letting The Captain know it was his turn to speak again with a nod of his head.

"Inside is the actual box. I wrapped it up so no harm could come to it, but..." Ritti’s proud voice trailed off as the leather fell away, revealing the intricate metal-work edging the stone case, a smooth surface with a lock shaped like the symbol of the Three Virtues. Despite the materials the entire box was deceptively light as he handed it over.

Kongu took the box into his hands, placing it onto his desk. He opened it, taking the smaller package into his hands, "But what?" He opened the second box.

“Ah.”

"Knives?" Delpo said with dissatisfaction. In Kongu's hands was a match set of hilts in their sheathes. “Of all the things he could have sent. A telescope for instance, or something more appropriate for studying the flora.” Ponu rolled his eyes and placed a hand on Delpo’s shoulder, quieting the budding scientist.

Kongu hardly heard the Delpo’s rambling, running his finger along the edge of the blade, "Hm." The hilts were carved of bone, ivory in color and shaped like a kahu's head. The blade - clearly a form of protosteel - was dark in color, save for the golden edge of Rena. It contrasted well with the shade of the sharp end itself giving the twins a deadly and beautiful quality. He suddenely remembered that the captain had spoken, "Yes," Kongu began, turning to the trio, "Knives. A gift from Akiri Hewkii it seems." He gave a little smile, turning his eyes from the twins, "It appears that Hewkii has done his research, these blades match my old ones in build and type."

Kongu held both up, feeling their weight and balance, "And they are very pretty."

"Function first, I always say," said the sentinel with a firm nod. "Akiri Hewkii sure knows his stuff."

“You gonna’ try them out?” Delpo said, his orange eyes gleaming with expectation. Ritti stared at Delpo with two parts disappointment and one part shock. “You’ve said quite enough for one day. My apologies, Akiri, but my son is far too curious about everything. If I'd known better I'd have shipped him to ko-wahi to study medicine, but he's been useful on the ships. Good eye for detail."

Delpo took the compliment as needing proof so with a pointed finger he said, ”like that paper in the box, for instance.”

Kongu took a firm hold of the hilt before flipping the blade up into the air, allowing it a single rotation before being caught again. His other hand picked up the letter as the captain spoke. Kongu glanced towards him, spinning the blade in the air forwards and backwards, "And what details did he glean from said paper?" Kongu glanced at the boy, no hint of anger or concern on his face.

"Nothing, just that there was a note under the knives." Delpo admitted as he watched the silver trails. "It was folded too much to see the words."

"I am not a man that followed rules simply because they were rules," Kongu said somewhat warmly, "But I knew when it was right to abide by my limits, or break them. There is a very important distinction between the two. Do you understand?" He asked with no sense of superiority or holier-than-thou tone, "I do not wish to berate you or make you feel bad. It is simply an important thing to know.”

"Yes Akiri,” He said. The other two po-matoran crossed their arms. Ritti nodded, grateful to have someone besides himself teaching his son. He turned and looked at the le-matoran leader.

"Is there anything you need us to deliver? Otherwise our business is concluded."

"A simple thank you and a smile will suffice," Kongu said, "Maybe tell him to loosen up," he finished with a playful wink and a big smile.

"I appreciate the personal delivery my friends. If you wish to - and are able to - stay a while, I am sure that Le-Koro would be happy to have you take part in whatever festivities take place this fine afternoon and evening. Otherwise, I wish you a happy and safe journey home." Kongu gave a little bow.

The three po-matoran nodded happily and left kongu alone in his office.

Vrina offered a very soft squeeze of Colx's hand

"So what should we do before we head for dinner?"

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu