Catra

Hello everyone this is the new MSPA topic. For those not in the know, MSPA (short for MS Paint Adventures) is a site that, as of writing this topic, includes four webcomics:

• Jail Break - the first of the stories, this was never completed. You are a prisoner and well, have to break out of jail.
  • Bard Quest - the second of stories, this was also never completed. You are a bard and, with the help of your sidekicks, have been assigned by the king to slay a dragon.
  • Problem Sleuth - the third story and first one completed. You are a hard-boiled private investigator and, with the help of two other private eyes, must fight against the Mobster Kingpin to escape your office building.
  • Homestuck - the fourth and longest-running story, as well as second completed. It's the story of four kids (and a load of other characters) who become part of a video game to save the universe from the near-indestructible Lord English.

This is the place to discuss these stories, theories about them or the characters, headcanons, what have you. Do keep it civilized, and please keep the leetspeak to a minimum. Thanks!

Edited by Alphys
  • Upvote 2

bionicle is trans culture

• 2 months later...

My friend got me into it right before the downtime. It ruined a prospective girlfriend(long story) and was a torturous read, but it's got my interest.

That being said, thag thag thaggity thag thagness.

-Rover

"A memo was sent to Astaria asking if it would at all be possible to make a flying goat."

"The Astarians responded that making a goat fly would be trivial; making it land safely would be another matter entirely."

I've been wanting to say this for five months...I TOLD YOU DOG:PLast few months of HS have been great, I really liked the Scratch Interlude, while some didn't. EoA is likely to be on 10/25, ooh yeah. Other stuff. My MSPA chatter has migrated to other places during the place, so weh, I'm all out of talk for now.Also this.signoff.pngEDIT: Oh gog I failed my first new post on the board, hooray.

Edited by Phyoohrii

crickety man.....

good nigh t

lonk

I've been an avid fan for a year now, and I can't wait for the EoA5 animation. I wonder if the rumors about voice acting is true.

I'm pretty sure one of the contributors to the animation had confirmed the voice acting.
Dang, I can't wait to see it done. I assume the VAs are popular ones from the MSPA Community?

Also this. signoff.png

This should've been Karkat. Eridan is Pridak, Feferi is Kalmah, and Vriska is Takadox. And of course, Equius is Mantax. >B| Edited by Terezi Pyrope
kanayabwsigbzp2.png

Dang, I can't wait to see it done. I assume the VAs are popular ones from the MSPA Community?

Not sure about who exactly will do the voice work. But if their acting is as skillful as the other artists contributing to Homestuck, then I'd be quite excited to see how it comes out.

cholslegofursig.png

Latest MOC:

Ol' Dusty

Not sure about who exactly will do the voice work. But if their acting is as skillful as the other artists contributing to Homestuck, then I'd be quite excited to see how it comes out.
Interesting, where does this rumor originate from? I find it rather hard to believe. Edited by Riglax

Also this.

This should've been Karkat. Eridan is Pridak, Feferi is Kalmah, and Vriska is Takadox. And of course, Equius is Mantax. >B|
I know, the only reasoning why I did it that way was a doodle I did in a lecture of Eridan that looked way more like an angry Carapar. Because I cannot do arts. signoff.png EDIT: Oh yeah, there will be voice acting. Haven't you seen the End of Act 5 Preview on video hosting website place? Michael Guy Bowman posted it, the guy who did Sburban Jungle and that cover of "How Do I Live" . Should be first link in the search. It's totally been confirmed and true oh yes. http://www.bzpower.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/sarcastic.gif Edited by Phyoohrii

crickety man.....

good nigh t

lonk

Also this.

This should've been Karkat. Eridan is Pridak, Feferi is Kalmah, and Vriska is Takadox. And of course, Equius is Mantax. >B|
I know, the only reasoning why I did it that way was a doodle I did in a lecture of Eridan that looked way more like an angry Carapar. Because I cannot do arts. signoff.png EDIT: Oh yeah, there will be voice acting. Haven't you seen the End of Act 5 Preview on video hosting website place? Michael Guy Bowman posted it, the guy who did Sburban Jungle and that cover of "How Do I Live" . Should be first link in the search. It's totally been confirmed and true oh yes. http://www.bzpower.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/sarcastic.gif
Sorry man, didn't mean any offense. Just telling you my headcanon. :PAnd Lol, I saw that a few weeks ago. It was hilarious. After making that channel, Bowman officially became the most awesome person on the music team.
kanayabwsigbzp2.png

Actually I'm pretty sure my headcanon for John and Dave is pretty much set thanks to Two Best Friends Play Sburb.

YES. Matt and Pat as John and Dave was etched into my mind because of that.

I feel like voice acting could either be really good or really bad. There were a few actors in the community, though, that I thought were phenomenal.

Agreed on that last part. Octopimp and Von Fawn as Eridan and Vriska. It totally works. ...Except for the fact that the characters are dead. >_> Edited by Terezi Pyrope
kanayabwsigbzp2.png

Actually I'm pretty sure my headcanon for John and Dave is pretty much set thanks to Two Best Friends Play Sburb.

yeah same also, unpopular opinion: I don't think having voice acting in the flash would be a good idea

bionicle is trans culture

yeah same also, unpopular opinion: I don't think having voice acting in the flash would be a good idea
Yeah, I actually prefer to see it without voices. But whatever, at least we're getting a Flash.
kanayabwsigbzp2.png

I mean I agree I'm pretty sure Hussie would never give into demand's of voice acting, no matter how much of the fanbase pleaded for it, he's smarter than that. It's probably him trolling the fanbase again, which is awesome by the way. You know if the series just had a narrator; I would really like Generalivan to do it.

gallery_99567_147_39590.jpg

"A mayor never gives up his morail, I mean mayoral sash." Actually he would the best Wayward Vagabond in my opinion hands down, but unless they're talking to the kids, he would basically be speaking all for all of them in third person. He's probably the fandom's best voice-actor and that's saying something. Cause apparently Rina-Chan and Sapphire did some voices in an audition I think he had or pieced together. I really can't be sure. The Kanaya voices were bad though. Everyone else in it was spot on, in my opinion. EDIT: Also I don't know if the person left or changed his name but I had another person here, working with me on a Homestuck project. I don't know if he changed his name or just left the site.

Edited by The Mask

My friend got me into it right before the downtime. It ruined a prospective girlfriend(long story) and was a torturous read, but it's got my interest.

I find that kind of interesting, because one of the reasons I'm with my current girlfriend is MSPA. That said, I'm sorry for your loss. \:
Same goes for me, actually (@LC). Did any of you guys see the video MG Bowman posted in his blog about the preview of the EoA?

Outdated sig is outdated.

Anyone know that video Bowman of the music team posted, concerning a "sneak peak" of the End of Act Flash? What if that is actually what their working on?

"An old silent pond...

A frog jumps into the pond,

splash! Silence again."

-Matsuo Batsho

..Noooo. Anyways, has anybody listened to Land of Fans and Music?Downtime, Doctor (Deep Breeze), Crystalanchrony, Ruins of Ravanjihara,Joker Strife, Sburban Rush, Moody Mister Gemini, MeGaDanceVaNia, SadoMasopedoRoboNecroBestiality, Nakkadile, Jack and Black Queen, and Heir-Seer-Knight-Witch have all been added to my previously diminutive favorite MSPA songs list. And this is just the fantastic portion of the album, the rest only falls under awesome or great.It is a very good album.

AXKP5KC.png

I know it's a joke, but we were just discussing headcanon for voices. I honestly know it will never happen (hopefully, it's a bad decision on all accounts). A narrator wouldn't be an issue, though it would be awesome if said narrator wasn't Hussie but Lord English himself. Anyways we're getting close to Hussie actually finishing the flash, but he wants to wait to the 25th as he said on the notice. That way the anniversaries will be on time, rather that early or late.

..Noooo. Anyways, has anybody listened to Land of Fans and Music?Downtime, Doctor (Deep Breeze), Crystalanchrony, Ruins of Ravanjihara,Joker Strife, Sburban Rush, Moody Mister Gemini, MeGaDanceVaNia, SadoMasopedoRoboNecroBestiality, Nakkadile, Jack and Black Queen, and Heir-Seer-Knight-Witch have all been added to my previously diminutive favorite MSPA songs list. And this is just the fantastic portion of the album, the rest only falls under awesome or great.It is a very good album.

Agreed wholeheartedly. I downloaded it a few weeks ago, and all the songs you mentioned are actually the exact songs I consider my favorite of the bunch. :P These fan-musicians are very talented, and I would totally support the idea of making another fan-album if they decide to do it. There are some other great fan-made music besides the ones included there, like SlammaLoVaNia and WOULD YOU LIKE TO TALK ABOUT HOMESTUCK.
kanayabwsigbzp2.png

My gog, that Space Jam does go with any HS song. D: My favourite is still Slamslammer.Also, Megalovania sounds great in F#min. I'm sure by now you've all learnt of the fabulous new Jailbreak Album?Also I'm setting my MSPA notifier for the next update with nearly 3 hours of the sound of Slick smashing the clock looped, with a heavily editted "WHEN I'M ALREADY HERE?" gif that covers the entire screen. I don't think I'll miss it. signoff.png

crickety man.....

good nigh t

lonk