• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

LEGO Minifigures Online Goes into Open Beta

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Hapori Tohu

Hapori Tohu
  • None
  • Heart of BZPower

• 1,278 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 17 2014 - 01:27 PM

The LEGO Minifigures Online MMO has finally gone into open beta, which means that everyone will now be able to play it, while keeping in mind that bugs may still occur. You can also buy so-called Membership for 1, 6 or 12 months which will grant you special benefits like early access to new areas, exclusive characters and more (unfortunately, in-game chatting is only possible with paid membership). We'll see how this game fares. Who knows what other LEGO MMOs we may see if this and Legends of Chima Online prove succesful! So far only a Windows client is available but if I remember right clients for OS X and tablet systems should be coming soon as well.

View the full article

#2 Offline ShadowWolfHount

ShadowWolfHount
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Scavenger Va

• 657 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 18 2014 - 02:20 PM

The LEGO Minifigures Online okay game but I dislike when a enemy get behind a wall and you can't even hit them, I hope they fix that sometime soon.

But I will say that I still think the good old LEGO Universe is still my favorite LEGO MMO plus 3rd person is better in my opinion.

Also in the game I am Lost Space Cake

image.php?u=47115&dateline=1334913320

:voyanui: Find Me On :voyanui: 
Flickr 10.gif MOCpages 10.gif Youtube

#3 Offline Makaru

Makaru
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Forum Leaders
  • Senior Not So Grump

• 11,387 posts
  •   BZP Leader

Posted Jun 18 2014 - 03:52 PM

It's fun, but using your mouse buttons to both move AND attack is an unforgivable sin of game design.

13432482545_b80a31ed8e_n.jpg

Can you lose to me in a rap battle? Shoryuken! ~K. Masters

#4 Offline fishers64

fishers64
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Mask of Light Unveiled

• 5,136 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Jun 18 2014 - 04:07 PM

It's fun, but using your mouse buttons to both move AND attack is an unforgivable sin of game design.

Blargh it's like Chima Online. 

I think I'll wait until its final. I don't want to have to play through the same game twice, especially if it is like LCO. 

14126183966_9690cb0da3_z.jpg

#5 Offline Makaru

Makaru
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Forum Leaders
  • Senior Not So Grump

• 11,387 posts
  •   BZP Leader

Posted Jun 18 2014 - 07:11 PM

Oh hey, arbitrarily forced wait times. Fishers you're right, this is exactly like Chima online.

Edited by Makaru, Jun 18 2014 - 07:12 PM.

13432482545_b80a31ed8e_n.jpg

Can you lose to me in a rap battle? Shoryuken! ~K. Masters

#6 Offline xccj

xccj
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Reporters
  • Senior Staff Mask Maker

• 6,463 posts
  •   BZP Reporter

Posted Jun 18 2014 - 07:46 PM

I dunno, it makes sense on a mobile platform where you can't really do anything more than "click" since they decided that smart phones didn't need keyboards. :glare: It sucks that they force the same controls onto a PC platform, but I guess its too much effort to design for both.

Played through it a bit. Compared to my short time in Lego Universe, its certainly an improvement. But I didn't find it super exciting; maybe it will be more interesting when there's more figures to collect and play.

:music:

b-bolin-03.jpg

#7 Offline ShadowWolfHount

ShadowWolfHount
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Scavenger Va

• 657 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 18 2014 - 09:04 PM

Oh hey, arbitrarily forced wait times. Fishers you're right, this is exactly like Chima online.

Yes. I strongly agree with you, it is unforgivable but I wish the controls was like Halo: Spartan Assault controls on steam, it would make the game a lot better to control. Also ya it's exactly like the Chima Online game but it now make me like it less because I would like it if the game was different and not have the same controls.

#8 Offline fishers64

fishers64
  • Premier Member
  • Mask of Light Unveiled

• 5,136 posts

Posted Jun 18 2014 - 10:08 PM

Oddly enough, that would seem to be a coincidence, seeing as LCO was done by WB and this one was done by Funcom. Still, it's a disappointment. As I'm not a fan of that gameplay model, I might just pass. 

Especially since I haven't gotten to play HF: Invasion from Below yet. :P

14126183966_9690cb0da3_z.jpg

#9 Offline Meso Zehvor

Meso Zehvor
  • Premier Member
  • Toa Nuva Defeated

• 3,828 posts

Posted Jun 19 2014 - 01:50 PM

I've yet to play it myself, but I've heard some less than encouraging comments about it. I'll have to try it out for myself soon.

-Mesonak

The Three Virtues YouTube Channel

-----

the3virtuesbanner.png

-----

Check it out for laughs, discussion, and more.

#10 Offline Ahktu

Ahktu
  • Members
  • Seeker

• 220 posts

Posted Jun 19 2014 - 01:53 PM

I tried it, but the client just crashes right after teh splash screen.

I'll be unavailable from the 18-25

#11 Offline ShadowWolfHount

ShadowWolfHount
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Scavenger Va

• 657 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 24 2014 - 01:31 AM

I've yet to play it myself, but I've heard some less than encouraging comments about it. I'll have to try it out for myself soon.

-Mesonak

Well you may not like it as well because of it's mouse buttons for both move and attack plus it's like a copy of Chima Online.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users