G1/G2 Mask of Creation question

I suppose it could show you a method to replicate itself, but the question is whether the necessary materials are available in the MU.

• Upvote 1

:r: :e: :g: :i: :t: :n: :u: :i:

Elemental Rahi in Gen2, anyone? A write-up for an initial video for a G2 plot

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

Biosector, comrade, did you actually READ it?

In G1 it doesn't create, it shows you ways how to.

Biosector01, comrade, did YOU actually read it?

I quote:

The Mask of Creation allows its user to imagine a completed product from raw materials and learn how to construct it. It can also create an object if the user is already aware of how that object can be made.

It's like this: I buy one of the new 2015 sets, but I don't know how to put it together. So, I use the mask, and it gives me mental instructions. Later, when i go to build the same set again for whatever reason, I now know how to build it, so I run the instructions through the mask and it does it for me.

It works on a much greater scale in-story. Let's say Artakha built one set of Adaptive Armor, using instructions provided by the mask. Once he knew hows it was done, he would use the mask again to create the remaining five sets from thin air, getting the job done much more quickly.

If you don't know how to build it, the mask will tell you. If you know how to build it, the mask will do it for you. See?

• Upvote 5

~Your friendly, neighborhood Shadow

sotpbanner.png

~Credit for Avatar and Banner goes to

NickonAquaMagna~

It was established that for the Legendary powers (Gen1 anyways), there could only be one at a time.

• Upvote 4

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

I'm pretty sure it creates things you know how to make, and gives you instructions for things you don't know how to make. 

Kapura'd mate :)

.....I don't get it.

It means that someone got in before you; analogous to "ninja'd"; it comes from Kapura being able to move very fast - when no ones watching anyway.

~ Sophistry: A way to be antidisuncorrect. ~

In a decade you might convince maybe a small tribe of people.

In a decade you might also conquer one million km2 of land,

& in over a thousand years you might have over a billion followers.

I like building things. Please don't break the big ones.

& evidential philosophies that dare to extrapolate beyond

an individual's direct experience aren't easily built.

I feel that this question can apply to the other legendary masks as well. I believe it's been said that only one of each legendary can exist (at least at a time). So if one of them is destroyed, possibly they can be recreated, especially with the Mask of Creation, but honestly it's hard to say. I don't think this has ever been confirmed and is mainly just my assumption. Let's just hope none of them do break (cause that would just be no fun for anyone except Hydraxon)!

I feel that this question can apply to the other legendary masks as well. I believe it's been said that only one of each legendary can exist (at least at a time). So if one of them is destroyed, possibly they can be recreated, especially with the Mask of Creation, but honestly it's hard to say. I don't think this has ever been confirmed and is mainly just my assumption. Let's just hope none of them do break (cause that would just be no fun for anyone except Hydraxon)!

Yeah... maybe the Mask of Creation could give you instructions as to how to recreate it just as it's about to be destroyed. :P

Of course, might be some problems in that you'd probably be in the blast zone. :{

• Upvote 1

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

On that note, there's this game I play called GemCraft. In it, there's this artifact called the Gem of Eternity, the most powerful object in existence. More can be forged, but only one can exist at a time. If a new one is created, it renders any previous Gems to be nearly useless replicas. I wonder if the Legendary Kanohi work like that?

sotpbanner.png

NickonAquaMagna~

W-what. When the holy crackers was this added?

Well, you remember when we first learned that Artakha wore the Mask of Creation?

That's when. It's ability to create something as long as you know how to do so has been known from the beginning. 

• Upvote 1

sotpbanner.png

NickonAquaMagna~

Yeah... maybe the Mask of Creation could give you instructions as to how to recreate it just as it's about to be destroyed. :P

Of course, might be some problems in that you'd probably be in the blast zone. :{

Yeah, I can see that problem. It could probably give instructions to someone who already has made it or has knowledge of it, like a Great Being.

I'm not really sure at all. These types of questions can be problems cause they tread un-canonized territory and run into plot holes/contradictions.

On that note, there's this game I play called GemCraft. In it, there's this artifact called the Gem of Eternity, the most powerful object in existence. More can be forged, but only one can exist at a time. If a new one is created, it renders any previous Gems to be nearly useless replicas. I wonder if the Legendary Kanohi work like that?

This sounds like a good theory. But it would still leave the  issue of having 2 legendary masks, one would just be inert. Perhaps as fishers64 suggests it could explode or simply deteriorate rapidly like the Indiana Jones guy who chose poorly...

Check out my Bionicle store on Bricklink here!

> > > Bionic Bricks < < <

Let me know if you can help me find these last few collectibles!

Masks%20footer4_zpspqs4myrt.png

Also looking for WILD KRAATA and a VMKK Yo!!!

This sounds like a good theory. But it would still leave the  issue of having 2 legendary masks, one would just be inert. Perhaps as fishers64 suggests it could explode or simply deteriorate rapidly like the Indiana Jones guy who chose poorly...

There wouldn't be two Legendary masks, if that were the case. One would become just a powerless piece of protodermis, like the Matoran masks. Legendary refers to the power level. Vakama made many "Masks of Time," but none of them worked because of insufficient power, leaving them as useless, Vahi-shaped chunks of protodermis. Not a problem there at all.

sotpbanner.png

NickonAquaMagna~

It's quite possible you can make two objects. It would be hard to explain why you wouldn't -- it should be possible, for example, to mix copies of the Great Disks for the Vahi mixture, and then fuse them. I just think the resulting object would either be powerless, or something else would happen to it. Very unlikely that the power would shift to the new one and leave the old one powerless.

The other matter is what the instructions would be. The amount of creation energy to create a Legendary mask of Creation would be astronomical. So if you asked the mask how to recreate itself, it may say something like this: "Step 1: Find a source of raw creation energy." or "Step 1: Grind up all sources of creativity in the universe and extract creativity from that."

It's like the old instructions in some car owners' manuals that read "Step 1: Remove engine from car." :P

The other matter is what the instructions would be. The amount of creation energy to create a Legendary mask of Creation would be astronomical. So if you asked the mask how to recreate itself, it may say something like this: "Step 1: Find a source of raw creation energy." or "Step 1: Grind up all sources of creativity in the universe and extract creativity from that."

It's like the old instructions in some car owners' manuals that read "Step 1: Remove engine from car." :P

Lol yeah I see that. Remaking a Legendary mask sounds like it would be a real process and hefty chore that should only be done in extreme emergencies. (Or if some dude is real ambitious...)

I just see Martha Stewart saying "Okay, today, we'll be creating a Kanohi mask of creation, just like the one celebrity Artakha wears. First, take your source of raw creation, take 1/2 cup, pour into bowl along with 3 1/2 cups of melted protodermis, stir, pour into a Kanoka mold and put it into your oven at roughly 3,000 degrees Fahrenheit. Wait 8 hours or until blackened."

As for the question, I see three things happening. 1). the old mask goes inert and loses color. 2). the old mask disintegrates or 3). the combined energy of both masks blows a hole in the Matoran Universe roughly the size of... well, the size of Artakha, ironically enough.

LEGO Republic:

The Valkyrie

The "Christmas Brick"

My BZPRPG Profiles

Now a proud member of The Kanohi Force

76561198041367047.png

Artakha the island or Artakha the person?

:r: :e: :g: :i: :t: :n: :u: :i:

Elemental Rahi in Gen2, anyone? A write-up for an initial video for a G2 plot

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

Perhaps the mask COULD create a duplicate of itself but only by consuming itself in the process. Therefore making the process itself entirely pointless... Perosnally I still think if the MoC was asked to make a MoC it would create the form then transfer its powers into it, leaving the old one to break/deteriorate or similar. That's the only way to accomplish the task it's been set and so far we've never heard of a task that it can't complete soooo...

I'm sure another Mask of Creation is the one thing the Great Beings made sure the Mask couldn't show someone how to make. It makes sense.

I quote:

The Mask of Creation allows its user to imagine a completed product from raw materials and learn how to construct it. It can also create an object if the user is already aware of how that object can be made.

It's like this: I buy one of the new 2015 sets, but I don't know how to put it together. So, I use the mask, and it gives me mental instructions. Later, when i go to build the same set again for whatever reason, I now know how to build it, so I run the instructions through the mask and it does it for me.
It works on a much greater scale in-story. Let's say Artakha built one set of Adaptive Armor, using instructions provided by the mask. Once he knew hows it was done, he would use the mask again to create the remaining five sets from thin air, getting the job done much more quickly.

If you don't know how to build it, the mask will tell you. If you know how to build it, the mask will do it for you. See?

Here's my take on this situation: NONE of you read the BS01 article. Behold the (arguably) unquestionable answer to the initial question straight from the BS01 article:

• Only the Great Beings know how to make another Mask of Creation.

I assume, of course, that 'only' means just them, not even the wearer of the Mask of Creation itself. Once again, it would make sense if the Great Beings made sure the MoC couldn't be used to make a copy of itself to prevent multiple copies of the Mask just floating around the MU. :P

Edited by The Meta Knight

MetaKnight.gif  Stay vigilant, my friends. MetaKnight.gif

I'm sure another Mask of Creation is the one thing the Great Beings made sure the Mask couldn't show someone how to make. It makes sense.

I quote:

Here's my take on this situation: NONE of you read the BS01 article. Behold the (arguably) unquestionable answer to the initial question straight from the BS01 article:

We were talking about the powers up there. And I already knew that about the GBs. I was discussing what would happen IF another was created. Check for context next time. ;)

sotpbanner.png

NickonAquaMagna~

The Mask of Creation's shtick is that it can produce any object or, in the event the wearer doesn't know how the object is produced, it will show them the instructions. I highly doubt that the GB put instructions to everything in the MU in the MoC (since it was Mata Nui and the Makuta who created the Rahi after the GSR launched, not to mention disk launchers, rhotuka, vahki, Boxors, Takanuva's vehicle, etc...) so the MoC must be adaptive. 

Though, if it can't show how to make another MoC, what would happen if a GB used to create one?

LEGO Republic:

The Valkyrie

The "Christmas Brick"

My BZPRPG Profiles

Now a proud member of The Kanohi Force

76561198041367047.png

We were talking about the powers up there. And I already knew that about the GBs. I was discussing what would happen IF another was created. Check for context next time. ;)

How is it that you KNEW this already yet didn't mention it in a topic that exists for the sole purpose of discussing it? Seems to me like this is something that should have been mentioned immediately by anyone who knew it, so thanks Meta Knight! Where is this information taken from though, is it canon? Remember, it doesn't become fact just because it's on a website, it all depends on who wrote it! 

Munty, people are under no obligation to go around tell you everything they know. ;) As he said, he was just discussing the power, which is on-topic here, even if slightly tangential.

Also, Meta, please don't make sweeping assumptions like that nobody read something.

Even if Artahka doesn't know how to make another Mask of Creation, that doesn't mean that the mask couldn't provide him with the instructions. He just may never have asked. After all, he already had one, so why make another one? It's just one more thing that could be terrible in the wrong hands.