Sock Puppets! :D

Vezyon

Sock puppets? What in the heck are you talking about?

a sock puppet account is where multipule users share an account for the perpouse of derping amd trolling the mods.

Edited by -Windrider-
  • Upvote 1

That seems like a really bad idea to me. One of those double edge sword type deals. Seeing as how you just admitted to what you are doing or wanting to do. The Staff can track IP addresses so if they happened to see this account is acting strangely and in turn has multiple IP addresses associated with it, that also match current members IP's, you're talking like a mass BAN for every IP associated with said troublesome account.

Not sure what Derping is, but trolling in greatly frowned upon, making an account to specifically do that towards the staff is just asking for trouble...

Just saying.

Edited by Prowl Nightwolf

"A stranger will always be a stranger unless you give them a chance."

:m_p: :r: :m_o: :w: :l:    :n: :i: :g: :h: :t: :w: :m_o: :l: :f:

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

That seems like a really bad idea to me. One of those double edge sword type deals. Seeing as how you just admitted to what you are doing or wanting to do. The Staff can track IP addresses so if they happened to see this account is acting strangely and in turn has multiple IP addresses associated with it, that also match current members IP's, you're talking like a mass BAN for every IP associated with said troublesome account.

Not sure what Derping is, but trolling in greatly frowned upon, making an account to specifically do that towards the staff is just asking for trouble...

Just saying.

what's an IP address??  :confused:

Basically it is like your home address except for your computer or devise that connects to the Internet. My laptop has one, my 3DS' each have one. Your cell phone with internet capability has one. It is a code that tells websites who you are along with other information. For example If I were to access my account from my 3DS then this website would record that IP as a user of this account. If I were to do something ban-worthy here the Site Admin can block my IP's from accessing this site and if I tried to use it I would be blocked unable to even see the site or access features such as creating an account...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IP_address
###.###.##.###

My IP likely tells a website that I am on a Dell Laptop, from my region and my service provider. Also it is a good idea to keep your IP a secret for the most part as it is a direct link to your system. If I had your IP for example I could in theory access all the information on your device.

Edited by Prowl Nightwolf

"A stranger will always be a stranger unless you give them a chance."

:m_p: :r: :m_o: :w: :l:    :n: :i: :g: :h: :t: :w: :m_o: :l: :f:

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

So, you...literally...made a public topic, asking people if they want to make a sock puppet account with you, explicitly to "derp" and troll the mods, because "they deserve it?" I. I can't even begin to understand all the many many ways this is not only foolish but hilariously against the rules. Wow. This really is...something else. You realize they can see this just like everyone else, right? And even if you were going to go through with it, at best the most you'd get is a bunch of people banned. This is just...wow.

Edited by farmstink buttlass
  • Upvote 1

AXKP5KC.png