LEGO Star Wars Episode VII Sets Coming September 4th

StarWars.com has announced that the first wave of Star Wars Episode VII themed toy merchandise will arrive on September 4th, including LEGO sets. Keep in mind this doesn't mean that all new LEGO Star Wars sets will be released on that date but it does mean that you should find a very good selection of them on your store shelves that month. Mark your calendars!

View the full article

I like that they announced this on May the Fourth. :)

It was actually announced yesterday.

Here's hoping there a lot of cool, new, ships for Ep. 7 and that they make it to LEGO form. I don't want another LEGO Millennium Falcon. Or TIE Fighter.

Actually, we'll soon be due for a new Millennium Falcon. Minifigure-scale Star Wars ships tend to be on roughly a five-year cycle when it comes to redesigns (with some exceptions). And the last minifigure-scale Millennium Falcon was in 2011.

People make a big deal over how often Star Wars rehashes vehicles, but it actually does it a lot less frequently than it used to back when it was starting out. For instance, we used to get a new minifigure-scale X-Wing set every two years (sometimes with hardly any changes from the last). But as of right now it's already been three years since the last minifigure-scale X-Wing set, and before that it had been six years since the last one.

When we do see the same vehicle over and over again year after year, it's usually something like a Jedi Interceptor that has a distinctly different paint scheme for every pilot.

Certainly Star Wars never gave us six sets of basically the same design in one year, which is more than could be said for BIONICLE. :P

Edited by Aanchir
  • Upvote 4

People make a big deal over how often Star Wars rehashes vehicles, but it actually does it a lot less frequently than it used to back when it was starting out. For instance, we used to get a new minifigure-scale X-Wing set every two years (sometimes with hardly any changes from the last). But as of right now it's already been three years since the last minifigure-scale X-Wing set, and before that it had been six years since the last one.

We should also remember that each 'rehash' is the first time it's available for the children who weren't around for the previous or original version.

• Upvote 4

I like that they announced this on May the Fourth. :)

It was actually announced yesterday.

Here's hoping there a lot of cool, new, ships for Ep. 7 and that they make it to LEGO form. I don't want another LEGO Millennium Falcon. Or TIE Fighter.

As much as it'd be nice to get some new ships, I really wanna get my grubby hands on a Falcon set, and not the chibi one with the flick-fire missiles and the single minifig. And I have been saving up for such a purpose, Yes. I do want to see more ships, but I also want to see the old ones, seeing as now that I finally have a job, I might be able to pay for that kind of set if it hits stores.