Toa-Specific Objects

I recently came upon this while looking through BS01 at random.

It seems that each of the main story Toa have some sort of team-specific group of objects associated with them, objects that can even influence the actions of the respective Toa. The Toa Nuva were associated with the Nuva Symbols, which drained the Toa of their elemental powers when removed from a Toa's suva. The Toa Metru, on the other hand, had Toa Disks that did not play into their abilities whatsoever, but were just a way for the Order of Mata Nui to trick Teridax into thinking the Matoran chosen were not destined to become Toa (that's correct, right? That tidbit always confuses me...)

The trend seemed to have stopped when the Toa Inika came to be, but it begs the question: is there a group of items in the Bionicle story that relate to the Toa Inika/Mahri in any way? One could say that the Mahri were influenced by the Ignika, as it transformed them into their Mahri forms and was the purpose of the team's mission. However, what could be the group of objects that link them?

http://i.imgur.com/kbP5Svg.gifhttp://i.imgur.com/O8CcqC5.pnghttp://i.imgur.com/kbP5Svg.gif

The Nuva Stones are a power balancer; greater elemental power, more glaring weakness.

The Toa Disks are a plot device. I dont remember if they have any use beyond representing the Toa or channeling elemental power.

No. No they don't.

• Upvote 2

:r: :e: :g: :i: :t: :n: :u: :i:

Elemental Rahi in Gen2, anyone? A write-up for an initial video for a G2 plot

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

Do we know for a fact that the Mahri have no Toa Disks? After 2007 they were in Metru Nui for a while to protect the Metruans and it was tradition to forge such Disks in honor of your Toa, so why not do that for the Mahri as well?

Come to think of it, the same applies to the Nuva.

From BS01:

Upon a Matoran's transformation to a Toa, Kanoka are sometimes forged for them in their honor, these being Toa Disks. Imprinted with the image of their primary mask, the disks are imbued with the said Toa's element. These are commonly used only as keepsakes, although Toa Metru Vakama was known to have used his Toa Disk on occasion. Only seven Toa Disks were ever seen, with one belonging to each Toa Metru and one belonging to Nuhrii, though it was planted by the Order of Mata Nui in order to make it seem as if Nuhrii was a destined Toa.

So unlike the Nuva symbols which just magically appeared, the Metru's Toa Disks were made for them.  They weren't really the source of their powers like the Nuva symbols, rather it was an alternate means of channelling their elemental powers.

And I agree with Thormen that there's no reason that new Toa disks couldn't have been made for the Nuva and the Mahri (unless the art of elemental disk making was lost when Teridax wiped everyone's minds).

• Upvote 2

Well we still have Onewa and Vakama, the greatest sculptor/ mask maker of Metru Nui, I'm sure they could reteach the populace how to make Toa Disks.

Archon                      

"For one to truly feel alive, the person must kill oneself a little bit each and every day."

Check out my MOC, one of the new generation of Toa on Spherus Magna!

***Toa Kyraan***

So unlike the Nuva symbols which just magically appeared, the Metru's Toa Disks were made for them.  They weren't really the source of their powers like the Nuva symbols, rather it was an alternate means of channelling their elemental powers.

Spi, where are you getting the part I bolded here? As far as I know, they did not channel their elemental powers through the Toa disks, though perhaps they could have if they wanted to.

Anywho, the Inika's theme was really their being lightning-infused, rather than a particular object. And the Mahri being water breathers. Then the Nuva in 2008 having adaptive armor. Each Toa team that was made into sets had something out of the ordinary, but they weren't all objects.

Not sure I would really count the Toa Disks as on that list anyways, though. I got the impression those might be fairly common among pre-Great Cataclysm Toa. They do have an association with the setting though since Kanoka were invented in Metru Nui, so I guess it counts. I think the Hordika time is more distinctive, though (although there could be other Toa Hordika), and searching for the Great Disks seems more like a good candidate. (And the Hagah's special thing was their elite job. And I guess you could throw in the Mata's Golden Kanohi.)

• Upvote 2

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

While there are no objects relating to the Inika/Mahri team, it's cool to think up of something that would fit that pattern. I'd like to think their old masks, now transformed into great versions or something. Would be some cool symbolism (and maybe would have incited mask switching as well).

-NotS

• Upvote 1

tahubanner.jpg

Well we still have Onewa and Vakama, the greatest sculptor/ mask maker of Metru Nui, I'm sure they could reteach the populace how to make Toa Disks.

They didn't have protodermis on Mata Nui, only bamboo. Can't make proper disks out of that.

They didn't have protodermis on Mata Nui, only bamboo. Can't make proper disks out of that.
Once they got back to Metru Nui, they would have plenty of it though.

Once they got back to Metru Nui, they would have plenty of it though.

And kanoka and kanohi making resumed once they came back to metru Nui, along with repair and catching all those rahi that escaped.

:r: :e: :g: :i: :t: :n: :u: :i:

Elemental Rahi in Gen2, anyone? A write-up for an initial video for a G2 plot

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...