Official Ebay Auctions Topic

Watashi Wa

I got a VIP edition of the Comic Con Tahu Mask.  A hundred bucks, but it's the only red-stripe one I've seen for sale.  #008 of 100.

Very nice, that does seem like a very reasonable price given it's very limited availabiliy. Good buy sir!

Check out my Bionicle store on Bricklink here!

> > > Bionic Bricks < < <

Let me know if you can help me find these last few collectibles!

Masks%20footer4_zpspqs4myrt.png

Also looking for WILD KRAATA and a VMKK Yo!!!

I got a VIP edition of the Comic Con Tahu Mask.  A hundred bucks, but it's the only red-stripe one I've seen for sale.  #008 of 100.

Very nice, that does seem like a very reasonable price given it's very limited availabiliy. Good buy sir!

Thanks, but ..

DANG!  The seller says "sorry that's not the one I have!  Oops!"

No VIP mask for me.

Thanks, but ..

No VIP mask for me.

That's so annoying! So the seller just used a random photo then, and not their own?

-Letagi

Thanks, but ..

No VIP mask for me.

:bored: Did you get your money back?

The artist formerly known as

ŜρЄЯ־GЄNіŜ־CЯЄŦ۞Я

BBC#69 Entry: Roodaka - Master of Manipulation

BFTGM entries: Zigben · Ventox · Deflecto

Hail Denmark.

Thanks, but ..

No VIP mask for me.

That's so annoying! So the seller just used a random photo then, and not their own?

-Letagi

He used this photo.

:bored: Did you get your money back?

I'm not concerned about the money Paypal will make it right

Edited by Flintsmith

Ridiculous collection of 124 sets for $2000: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Huge-Lego-Technic-Bionicle-Hero-Factory-Collection-124-Complete-Sets-/281500867799?pt=Building_Toys_US&hash=item418ac25cd7

Lots of multiples in that one. Average of $16 per set; considering how many big sets there are, that's actually not a bad price. Although I'd be a bit surprised if anyone buys it.

Nice lot with a low starting price: http://www.ebay.com/itm/LEGO-BIONICLE-LOTTTTTT-/251723215276?pt=Building_Toys_US&hash=item3a9bdf71ac

And, of course, a fantastic deal on Irnakk: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lego-Bionicle-PIRAKA-Figure-Irnakk-with-Unique-Gold-Spine-8626-/171269737316

-Letagi

Not a bad collection for those masks. Got both Vahi and one of the coppers in there. It'd be nice to have that Toys R Us folder too as you don't see too many of them over here. I came across that $2k listing just before I saw it posted here, ridiculous price. Noone in their right mind would pay close to half that amount for so many common duplicates. If anyone out there is looking to drop $2k on Bionicle hit me up and I can give you a full set :P

Not a bad collection for those masks. Got both Vahi and one of the coppers in there. It'd be nice to have that Toys R Us folder too as you don't see too many of them over here. I came across that $2k listing just before I saw it posted here, ridiculous price. Noone in their right mind would pay close to half that amount for so many common duplicates. If anyone out there is looking to drop $2k on Bionicle hit me up and I can give you a full set :P

You're right that the collection itself is not that desirable especially at that price. I meant that the average price per set turns out to be reasonable. But like I say, I'd be surprised if anyone buys it.

And wow, that Hordika box set is pretty special. Doesn't look like any have ever sold on Bricklink.

-Letagi

Thanks MM I had actually seen that listing before (this is a relisting as it failed to sell previously) May pick it up for that price but not sure what I'd do with it. The reason these things don't sell on Bricklink is because noone ever searches for that sort of thing. And what would the value be? For now my eyes may be elsewhere but we'll certainly watch it!

Okay, I just took a closer look at the auction. There's something really fishy about it. Look at the bid history: http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBids&item=251723055428&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2565

Clearly, someone (probably the seller) knew or guessed there was a high max bid and set up a ton of bids to get to the max. Those masks are worth a few dollars each on average and can easily be bought on BZP or Bricklink; with the carrying case, the auction is worth maybe $100. lewalordofthesky, I really hope you can retract your bid.

-Letagi

In addition to reporting the listing, I would retract your bid if I were you, and there's only two hours left to do so. You could always just refuse to pay, but then the seller will leave you negative feedback and you'll get a slap on the wrist from eBay. There's no way those masks are worth $1000. Even if you're willing to pay that, there's no way the bidding is legitimate. Someone, probably the seller on another account or a friend of the seller, kept increasing the bid little by little until they hit the max bid, then retracted their last bid so that your max bid is now the highest.

-Letagi

Edited by Letagi

Just got a lot with the majority of a set of Nui-Jaga (missing three masks and a few legs, nothing that a few dollars on Bricklink couldn't fix) as well as a Golden Hau, a silver Pakari, and a fair few parts from a Tahu and Lewa Mata. About $15 with shipping, pretty good I'd say, considering how much people charge for Nui-Jaga usually.

dat_logo_newer.png

qs56078.jpg
 My Brickshelf, please don't copy!

... :t: :b: :m_o: :c:...

Looking for shiny Regirock, Articuno, and Virizion!

(Can trade most any legendary for them!)

My 3DS friend list is full, sorry!

It went from 230 to 1000 dollars in 2 hours!!!!!I was the one who put the max bid on 1000 dollars. I never knew someone would outbid me.

Why did you bid so high? If you're so desperate for masks I'll sell you everything you want for a price that's not even close to that bid! Seriously... PM me if you want to complete your collection fast ;)

It went from 230 to 1000 dollars in 2 hours!!!!!I was the one who put the max bid on 1000 dollars. I never knew someone would outbid me.

Why did you bid so high? If you're so desperate for masks I'll sell you everything you want for a price that's not even close to that bid! Seriously... PM me if you want to complete your collection fast ;)

'Tis true. Munty does have some good stuff for sale.

bzpower selfmoc smiley.gif

But you aren't willing to actually pay that much are you so it was foolish... The seller has CLEARLY put those bids on himself though so I would report both him and the other bidder (who beat you and then retracted his bid) to ebay immediately. Also refuse to pay the seller until ebay has looked into the actions of the other buyer as you're suspicious he was intentionally running up the bids. Don't implicate the seller, that will only cause problems and make him less willing to cooperate! 

As others have said already though, I would personally just refuse to pay and take the hit on negative feedback. Although I wouldn't have placed a $1000 bid in the first place to be fair :P

'Tis true. Munty does have some good stuff for sale.
I can vouch for him too, I do a lot of business with him :)

hTeXGIU.png

Also, if you're a resident of the UK and like Bionicle, go ahead and join

us at this awesome Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/BFUK7/

hTeXGIU.png

how the &*@! is THIS even possible???

http://www.ebay.com/itm/251723055428

i'd love to be that seller...

WHAT IN THE WORLD?!?

Lewalordofthesky, never make a max bid you never intend to pay. When you make a max bid, you are promising to pay that amount if the bid goes that high.

This deserves to be Wayback Machined:

http://web.archive.org/web/20141126220512/http://www.ebay.com/itm/251723055428

The artist formerly known as

ŜρЄЯ־GЄNіŜ־CЯЄŦ۞Я

BBC#69 Entry: Roodaka - Master of Manipulation

BFTGM entries: Zigben · Ventox · Deflecto

Hail Denmark.

It's probably a record in 'largest overpayment for masks' if that's what you mean! He's archiving the ebay listing so it can be referenced later even after it's wiped from the ebay system. Nothing to worry about :P

(Also my stuff is up in BST now, forgot to pm you back!)

how the &*@! is THIS even possible???

http://www.ebay.com/itm/251723055428

i'd love to be that seller...

WHAT IN THE WORLD?!?

Lewalordofthesky, never make a max bid you never intend to pay. When you make a max bid, you are promising to pay that amount if the bid goes that high.

This deserves to be Wayback Machined:

http://web.archive.org/web/20141126220512/http://www.ebay.com/itm/251723055428

Dude, you need to get a member title of chronicler. Or Whenua.

Edited by UngluedBike

hTeXGIU.png

all in the US, bummer... About time they got some stuff though I guess, we've been pretty flush recently :D 

FTR, that Botar aint so cheap no more!