• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes
  • Participate in raffles to win LEGO prizes
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

A Stone-Tribe Glatorian (a really old OC...)

glatorian drawing OC original character agori

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Rahkshi Lalonde

Rahkshi Lalonde
  • Members
  • Flying Force!

• 13-November 06
  • 2,484 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 20 2015 - 07:41 AM

gia.png

Agori form

Glatorian Form

Glatorian Form (no mouthplate)

Misc Fullbody

Misc action pose

So basically this is the story of baby's first OC, back in the day, good ol 2009, when we were all enjoying fragile joints and the death of a theme, I made what could be called my first non-MOC bionicle fan-character... then proceeded to fall into the mighty fathoms of the fan-character nether-realm.

Simply put, she's a young Skrall gal (guess who didn't read greg's side-media during the story's run) with a simple colorscheme of black, grey, and yellow because i took the Tuma set as a sign my rock-themed desert cyborg didn't have to be just black and red! (tho tbh maybe she would look better with red? i digress)

ANYWAY, i named this earth-associated female character "Gaia" because i'm an unoriginal clod, and them proceeded to shoehorn her into a relationship with a main-cast canon glatorian that i'm not even going to give the dignity of talking about right here, (oh yeah, and she's related to the big skrall himself, because i had no authorial self-control.)

anyway (again), see all that up there, that stuff you just read? yeah forget it, now. she's not like that, not anymore.

I basically changed everything but her core personality (which is p dull to be honest, oops.) and plopped her into a new setting/timeframe. She's now a young agori living on post-reformed SM (where glatoriam matches continue, but more for just sport than anything.) and she is an apprentice to a Protosmith.

later she makes herself robot-limbs and joins the arena, which really goes to show how my writing has (not) changed! but that's a story for another time, i have put TOO MANY WORDS here already oops.

anyway, enjoy this OC, or don't. whichever.

bnnrimg1.pngbnnrimg2.pngbnnrimg3.pngbnnrimg4.pngbnnrimg5.pngbnnrimg6.pngbnnrimg7.pngbnnrimg8.png

Corpus Rahkshi characters: Snap, Teeth ,Rose,Kaita

#2 Offline Ghidora131

Ghidora131
  • Banned Members
  • Disintegration Resolved

• 21-June 13
  • 6,973 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 23 2015 - 02:36 PM

Very interesting. :D You have a good style.

#3 Offline Windseeker

Windseeker
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Literally Kagome

• 05-February 03
  • 6,593 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Aug 24 2015 - 08:34 PM

I love it, and I especially love the image you've embedded up there. Once again you've proven that you know how to create dynamic lines and poses without breaking too many things. In other words, take the action pose (last link) - it's active, it's intense, but it's believable. So, yes, great work!

#4 Offline Rahkshi Lalonde

Rahkshi Lalonde
  • Members
  • Flying Force!

• 13-November 06
  • 2,484 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 01 2015 - 04:35 AM

Very interesting. :D You have a good style.

thanks, though i can't vouch for how well my style fits Bionicle. 0:

I love it, and I especially love the image you've embedded up there. Once again you've proven that you know how to create dynamic lines and poses without breaking too many things. In other words, take the action pose (last link) - it's active, it's intense, but it's believable. So, yes, great work!

That's good to hear! When drawing synamic poses, i try to minimise the amount of things i break, down to just the muscles in my hands, and, occasionally, depending on the pose, a character's spinal column. (still working on that last bit. :t )

bnnrimg1.pngbnnrimg2.pngbnnrimg3.pngbnnrimg4.pngbnnrimg5.pngbnnrimg6.pngbnnrimg7.pngbnnrimg8.png

#5 Offline Ghidora131

Ghidora131
  • Banned Members
  • Disintegration Resolved

• 21-June 13
  • 6,973 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 01 2015 - 01:39 PM

i try to minimise the amount of things i break

The amount of ideas this gives me is stupendous.

#6 Offline Rahkshi Lalonde

Rahkshi Lalonde
  • Members
  • Flying Force!

• 13-November 06
  • 2,484 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 01 2015 - 01:49 PM

i try to minimise the amount of things i break

The amount of ideas this gives me is stupendous.

Well color me confused and worried. o_o

#7 Offline Dane.

Dane.
  • Members
  • Toa of Light Rising

• 12-November 14
  • 6,117 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 14 2015 - 09:41 PM

I like your art style, very cute.

I don't like that helmet, though.

"I'll be in my bunk."

Corpus profiles: Rider Shield Eps Paladin Crate Thud

#8 Offline Rahkshi Lalonde

Rahkshi Lalonde
  • Members
  • Flying Force!

• 13-November 06
  • 2,484 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 14 2015 - 10:50 PM

I like your art style, very cute.

I don't like that helmet, though.

thank!

but oh no, could you say what it is about it that is un-likeable to you? i wanna know if/where i'd've messed somethign up!

#9 Offline Dane.

Dane.
  • Members
  • Toa of Light Rising

• 12-November 14
  • 6,117 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 15 2015 - 11:54 PM

tbh, i just don't like that style of helmet.

nothing against your art in particular.

"I'll be in my bunk."

Corpus profiles: Rider Shield Eps Paladin Crate Thud

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users