Happy 5th anniversary, Hero Factory! :)

Lenny7092

Hi, guys! Hero Factory was created in 2010, which was five years ago. It was a great replacement of Bionicle in its first years to carry out its legacy very well and kept the constraction category alive. The theme used some of Bionicle's old pieces at first, but it also introduced the CCBS, which Bionicle and many other Lego themes utilize for their future years. That's what I called the evolution of the constraction category.

Hero Factory's story was simplistic. It had a TV series, which is a first time for the constraction sets and something Bionicle had never done. HF also showed online games and chapter books. Universal Studios even wanted to get the rights for a live-action movie, which was also something Bionicle never got (the movie was never made, however).

Today is also the fifth anniversary of Episode 4: Von Nebula, where Furno earned Stormer's respect by helping him defeat his archenemy, Von Nebula. I liked the episode, it was great and cool.:)

Anyway, the point is that we, those who like Hero Factory, would like to celebrate its 5th anniversary for being there for Bionicle and evolved the constraction building system. So, how can we celebrate it? Make a birthday cake with Stormer's helmet, Furno's helmet, or Von Nebula's mask on top? What's your favorite moment of Hero Factory as you can remember? For me, I loved The Enemy Within, Von Nebula episode, the Savage Planet episodes and the Breakout ones. CCBS is awesome, and so is the set designs, online games, and chapter books. I am planning to have a marathon on the TV series someday.:)

• Upvote 1

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

I wouldn't put any stock in Universal's announcement that they were seeking to make a theatrical Hero Factory movie. First of all, there were MANY pitches to make a Bionicle movie that were rejected because the studio's vision for the brand was at odds with the LEGO Group's (for instance, wanting to make the main character a human boy and just have the Bionicle heroes as supporting characters). And since we never heard anything about LEGO agreeing to this bid, there's no reason to think Universal was any closer to actually making a Hero Factory movie than any of those studios were to making a Bionicle movie. Also, it wouldn't surprise me one bit if the only reason Universal announced those plans was that they wanted something to compete with the highly successful Transformers movies. The description of the movie they had in mind seemed to suggest this, with a live-action story about the heroes trying to stop an invasion of Earth.

I enjoyed Hero Factory, for what it's worth. Its simpler and less serious story was a great change of pace after years of an increasingly convoluted and divisive Bionicle story. Many aspects of it seemed specifically geared towards encouraging fan creativity, something that was quite effective for me — I made several MOCs of original Hero Factory characters that I'm still proud of. And of course, it introduced a building system that revolutionized my building, freeing me from the increasingly difficulty of balancing coherent textures with controlled proportions in the later years of Bionicle.

Happy anniversary, Hero Factory!

• Upvote 4

Happy Anniversary, Hero Factory! The system you introduced four years ago, CCBS, not only made some of your sets like Witch Doctor and Stormer Xl great, but it has also helped the reboot of your predecessor greatly. You made the potential creativity of Constraction even better and sometimes I think you never deserved the hatred you got from nostalgia-clouded Bionicle fans.

• Upvote 1

Happy Anniversary, HF! Though some people didn't get over the fact that you "killed" the original Bionicle, know that some of the best CCBS sets and pieces came from you. Your simplistic story drew some younger fans in while the Secret Mission books added some complexity to the more "hard core" fans. You won't be forgotten.

May we see you again some other time.

• Upvote 1

pWPTu7m.jpg

Happy Anniversary, HF! Though some people didn't get over the fact that you "killed" the original Bionicle, know that some of the best CCBS sets and pieces came from you. Your simplistic story drew some younger fans in while the Secret Mission books added some complexity to the more "hard core" fans. You won't be forgotten.

May we see you again some other time.

Yeah, same here. A reboot would be nice if it were to come back. I still miss that cool theme. Really broke my heart to see it go without the story being finished or the movie being made. ;(

Edited by Lenny7092

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

I always found HF's story extremely low-quality, but its post-CCBS sets were often quite good--and for that matter, the theme deserves credit just for introducing the system, even if it never quite used it to its full potential. And my attempts to improve on the story got me started on a track that is likely to yield fruit fairly soon, and helped entertain my little siblings to boot.

So for all that Hero Factory was sometimes of dubious quality we all (and I, especially) owe it a heck of a lot. Happy fifth anniversary to a glorious, terrible, wonderful theme. :)

• Upvote 1

bionicle_2017_banner_3c.png

The premise of Hero Factory held so much potential that was simply wasted, unfortunately, especially in its later years. I feel LEGO could have done so much more with it but alas, it never came to be. It's not all bad, though, after all, we've got BIONICLE back. ^_^ Of course, HF will most likely be remembered for introducing CCBS, which I think is a very good system for figures and much better than the old BIONICLE system.

• Upvote 4

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^