Set Review: 70315 Clay's Rumble Blade

Clay Moorington

The brave and futuristic Nexo Knights have hit the toy store shelves this year to fight the forces of evil and treachery. Their leader, Clay Moorington, especially loves to fight off monsters in between posing heroically. In Clay's Rumble Blade, he can travel the kingdom with ease and utilize his personal bots to help him out. Evil is all around though, so he a makes sure his vehicle has all kinds of cool features. Check out the text and video review to see just how well Clay's Rumble Blade handles in battle, and what kind of perks the new Nexo Knights sets offer.

View the full article

• Upvote 1

Neat review! I kind of wish the lighting of the new and interesting parts photo were better, as it's difficult to tell the darker colors in that photo (Black, Titanium Metallic, and Earth Blue) apart from one another. Also, slightly confusing phrasing here: "whereas Ultimate Clay has blue (sometimes transparent) details, most notably his suit of armor and armor." Maybe you meant his special armor piece as well as the printed armor on his body pieces, but it's hard to tell from context. I'm glad you included the comparison between Clay and Ultimate Clay, though. Also, that Nexo Kevin minifigure at the end works out way better than it has any right to!

Overall I am really impressed with this vehicle. As you say, the four-in-one aspect adds a lot to the design, and the main sword flyer piloted by Clay is the kind of model where the medieval inspiration of Nexo Knights really shines instead of it just feeling like a typical sci-fi vehicle.

There is a Walmart near me selling this for ~$60. At the LEGO.com price of ~$40 it's only ~$0.11 per part.

At some point you realize that you are but a speck in the Universe.

That you time in this worlds is but a blink.

You see the whole of reality as it unfolds before you.

You try to see how far you can reach, and it’s not that far past your face.

But then you come back from the brink.

You hold them in your arms again.

And you know that you are where their world begins.

You are their rock.

This set looks to be about the best one this theme has to offer, and I'd love to own it. i didn't expect it to have quite so much cool stuff.

My only issue with it is I'm more interested in getting Lance or Macy. From the two episodes of the show I watched (likely the only ones I will watch for a while) Clay is just an unbelievable bore. So for that aspect alone I'm not that into it. Will probably try to pick it up at some point in the future though.

AXKP5KC.png

My only issue with it is I'm more interested in getting Lance or Macy. From the two episodes of the show I watched (likely the only ones I will watch for a while) Clay is just an unbelievable bore. So for that aspect alone I'm not that into it. Will probably try to pick it up at some point in the future though.

Clay definitely gets more interesting as the series goes on, in part because of how comically serious he is about training and fighting evil. He's something of a bore to his fellow knights, but it's increasingly played for laughs.

Edited by Aanchir

Clay is Kai without the motivation.

You are their rock.

I'm not sure how you see it that way. Kai is hotheaded and spirited, but he's also rebellious. He's not nearly as obsessed with self-discipline and doing things "by the book" as Clay is.

Kai's hotheadedness comes or came from his need to protect Nia, most of the time. When ever she's safe he's all about training. Once Nia became a part of the team Kai focused more on protecting the people of Ninjago, but his relationship with his sister made him more likeable and believable, Clay lacks the passion that Kai has.

You are their rock.

I'm not sure how you see it that way. Kai is hotheaded and spirited, but he's also rebellious. He's not nearly as obsessed with self-discipline and doing things "by the book" as Clay is.

Kai's hotheadedness comes or came from his need to protect Nia, most of the time. When ever she's safe he's all about training. Once Nia became a part of the team Kai focused more on protecting the people of Ninjago, but his relationship with his sister made him more likeable and believable, Clay lacks the passion that Kai has.

from what i've seen tbh, Clay is "the knight" of the knights. o:

Lance is hoenstly bad at being a knight, Macy's a knight because it's her passion, Axl is just... there. and Aaron really seems to just wanna have fun.

Clay however is motivated by th thought of being a knight, and seems to be the only one of the group to take it quite that seriously, too seriously, he's no fun, but he's not reallym uch like Kai from what i've seen of the two. o:

*note, being no fun is what makes him fun, especially when he's within talking distance of Lance. :u

• Upvote 2

bnnrimg1.pngbnnrimg2.pngbnnrimg3.pngbnnrimg4.pngbnnrimg5.pngbnnrimg8.png

from what i've seen tbh, Clay is "the knight" of the knights. o:

Lance is hoenstly bad at being a knight, Macy's a knight because it's her passion, Axl is just... there. and Aaron really seems to just wanna have fun.

Clay however is motivated by th thought of being a knight, and seems to be the only one of the group to take it quite that seriously, too seriously, he's no fun, but he's not reallym uch like Kai from what i've seen of the two. o:

*note, being no fun is what makes him fun, especially when he's within talking distance of Lance. :u

I'll need to watch more of the show before I can say much more, but Clay reminds me of those guys that joined the military, and became officers just so the could be the boss with out doing any of the "grunt work". Aaron may be more light hearted that most but he still chose to become a knight.

Honestly I like Macy and Aaron the best. They both seem more real and relatable to me. Other than Axl the all seem to have a reason for becoming knights it just I don't like the motivation that Clay and Lance seem to have.

You are their rock.

Neat review! I kind of wish the lighting of the new and interesting parts photo were better, as it's difficult to tell the darker colors in that photo (Black, Titanium Metallic, and Earth Blue) apart from one another. Also, slightly confusing phrasing here: "whereas Ultimate Clay has blue (sometimes transparent) details, most notably his suit of armor and armor." Maybe you meant his special armor piece as well as the printed armor on his body pieces, but it's hard to tell from context. I'm glad you included the comparison between Clay and Ultimate Clay, though. Also, that Nexo Kevin minifigure at the end works out way better than it has any right to!

Overall I am really impressed with this vehicle. As you say, the four-in-one aspect adds a lot to the design, and the main sword flyer piloted by Clay is the kind of model where the medieval inspiration of Nexo Knights really shines instead of it just feeling like a typical sci-fi vehicle.

Yes, I meant the printed suit of armor and then the actual armor pieces.

As for lighting, I'd recommend checking your computer's brightness/colors. Looking at that image, I can distinctly see the dark blue, silver, black, bley and light bley apart, except for Clay's helmet in the corner.

-CF

nexo_shields_9.jpg