What Are You Thinking?

That would be like, thirty bucks max, probably. See what you can do to support the authors and all that. I've borrowed a lot of the manga that I read.

t5pQDlO.jpg

:i:   :n:  :a:   :r:   :y:

You know, I just learned how Japanese numerals work from that image I just posted. I guess you really do learn something new everyday.

t5pQDlO.jpg

I did it. I finished One Punch Man.

I can't give my full thoughts without spoiling it for anyone interested in watching, but it was awesome. The final fight was spectacular. When Saitama's theme came on I was literally bouncing up and down in excitement. "This man...makes me want to go all out!"

​I'm now eagerly awaiting season two. Too many plot threads left behind. Apparently there are specials that were bundled with a DVD too that I guess I gotta watch now. Also, Amai Mask is a jerk. And so is Metal Knight.

​Now I can scratch that off my watchlist. Meanwhile I still need to go out and get a copy of Transformers: MTMTE #54.

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

I can't give my full thoughts without spoiling it for anyone interested in watching, but it was awesome. The final fight was spectacular. When Saitama's theme came on I was literally bouncing up and down in excitement. "This man...makes me want to go all out!"

​I'm now eagerly awaiting season two. Too many plot threads left behind. Apparently there are specials that were bundled with a DVD too that I guess I gotta watch now. Also, Amai Mask is a jerk. And so is Metal Knight.

​Now I can scratch that off my watchlist. Meanwhile I still need to go out and get a copy of Transformers: MTMTE #54.

Congrats, dude.

BEHOLD.....THE DREAM TEAM! COMING SOON.... :o

~ Oh hi thar, here are some quotes: ~

"Where wisdom and valor fail, all that remains is faith. And it can overcome all" -Toa Mata Tahu, MNOG

"Sometimes a hero has to do something else besides beat the villans and come home covered in glory. Sometimes, he has to make a sacrifice so that a lot of people he's never met before and who don't know his name can live."

-Toa Hahli, Downfall

Congrats, dude.

It was only twelve episodes but I still feel like I watched more than that. Might be all the built-up excitement draining me.

[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

A good series will always feel as if you watched more than twelve episodes. A bad series will make you feel as if you have watched much, much more than twelve episodes.

I checked out Sword Art Online (a poor choice, in hindsight) for the first time last year. That show will feel as if you have been stuck in a white room for hours, with no one letting you know what time or day it is. I got to episode eight or nine before I stopped for good. The show bored me out of my wits with the flat and static nature of its characters. Everything about the show just feels lifeless and empty. There's absolutely no tension after the episode where Rosaria ambushes Kirito and it really hurt me to sit through a murder investigation where almost all of it was dialogue. Droning, undramatic dialogue.

Kirito, the main character, does absolutely nothing fresh and has never shown personality whatsoever. He solely exists in the show to provide a wish fulfillment audience surrogate for the demographic of (probably) twelve-year-old boys. I really, really hate that. Kirito, King of Kings, has never dealt with anything that could hinder him and he has never needed help. He parades around in the show with absolutely no obstacles. Every time that he saves a damsel in distress (because every show like this needs those), the girl he saved instantly falls in love with him. Why, you ask? Because he's Kirito, King of Kings. Why doesn't he have to try in any of his combat situations? Because he's Kirito, King of Kings. Why does every character in the show love him, even though he's an indifferent, aloof, and static clod? Because he's Kirito, King of Kings. Wish fulfillment characters will crush your series if you don't give them a personality. 

On the regard of the female characters, you wonder? Don't make me laugh, they are only there for the audience to look at and be jealous of Kirito and his club of spurned women. The only strong female characters are those of Rosaria (one who gets demeaned after her role in the story is over) and Asuna, Kirito's main love interest. Why does the loner get with a high-ranking guild leader? Because he's Kirito, King of Kings. It's also because Asuna forgets that she has self-respect and can be independent and resorts to using her resources for Kirito's gain instead of her own main cause. Good lord, why do you do these thing, Kawahara? What I'm saying is that the author treats the female characters terribly.

The loss of characters in the show, seeing as the entire conflict is based on the fact that they will die in real life if they die in the game, is the only thing that is used to rile emotions in the viewer, and it is never done right. Any character that dies in the show is one that was introduced in that episode. I'm not kidding. Death in the show never leaves an emotional impact of the viewer, as the viewer never has enough time to bond with the character. Death is solely used to make the series have "sad" moments. The entire premise of the show is thus thrust away to focus on Kirito, King of Kings, and his merry band of lovesick sycophants. 

All in all, please do not waste you precious and fleeting time on this beautiful Earth by watching Sword Art Online. At all. I wasted my time, and I am very disgruntled. If you want to experience a good telling of the plot of Sword Art Online, then watch the abridged series. It has a lot more character and charm than the actual show itself.

t5pQDlO.jpg

A good series will always feel as if you watched more than twelve episodes. A bad series will make you feel as if you have watched much, much more than twelve episodes.

It wasn't like that, it just felt longer because I spent all day watching from episode two to twelve and getting hyped up over the fights so I was a wee bit tired when it was over.

​Also I didn't read all of that yet but yes, SAO is garbage.

EDIT: Also isn't one of the plot points in it that Kirito's cousin plays one of the characters that becomes a love interest for him? And at one point she debates going into his room to confirm it's actually his character she's playing with in-game? Or something horribly awful like that?

Edited by Tarn of the DJD

[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

I never got that far, but I believe so. That could be a cultural difference (hopefully not), but I don't condone that whatsoever. 

Couldn't she figure that out for herself without sneaking into his room?

On the thing with the perceived length of the series, I get that. Hype really does leave you drained after a while.

t5pQDlO.jpg

Terrible writing + terrible characterization + terrible forethought = horrendously awful and pointless harem.

Good job, Kawahara, have a gold star.

t5pQDlO.jpg

I checked out Sword Art Online (a poor choice, in hindsight) for the first time last year. That show will feel as if you have been stuck in a white room for hours, with no one letting you know what time or day it is. I got to episode eight or nine before I stopped for good. The show bored me out of my wits with the flat and static nature of its characters. Everything about the show just feels lifeless and empty. There's absolutely no tension after the episode where Rosaria ambushes Kirito and it really hurt me to sit through a murder investigation where almost all of it was dialogue. Droning, undramatic dialogue.

Kirito, the main character, does absolutely nothing fresh and has never shown personality whatsoever. He solely exists in the show to provide a wish fulfillment audience surrogate for the demographic of (probably) twelve-year-old boys. I really, really hate that. Kirito, King of Kings, has never dealt with anything that could hinder him and he has never needed help. He parades around in the show with absolutely no obstacles. Every time that he saves a damsel in distress (because every show like this needs those), the girl he saved instantly falls in love with him. Why, you ask? Because he's Kirito, King of Kings. Why doesn't he have to try in any of his combat situations? Because he's Kirito, King of Kings. Why does every character in the show love him, even though he's an indifferent, aloof, and static clod? Because he's Kirito, King of Kings. Wish fulfillment characters will crush your series if you don't give them a personality. 

On the regard of the female characters, you wonder? Don't make me laugh, they are only there for the audience to look at and be jealous of Kirito and his club of spurned women. The only strong female characters are those of Rosaria (one who gets demeaned after her role in the story is over) and Asuna, Kirito's main love interest. Why does the loner get with a high-ranking guild leader? Because he's Kirito, King of Kings. It's also because Asuna forgets that she has self-respect and can be independent and resorts to using her resources for Kirito's gain instead of her own main cause. Good lord, why do you do these thing, Kawahara? What I'm saying is that the author treats the female characters terribly.

The loss of characters in the show, seeing as the entire conflict is based on the fact that they will die in real life if they die in the game, is the only thing that is used to rile emotions in the viewer, and it is never done right. Any character that dies in the show is one that was introduced in that episode. I'm not kidding. Death in the show never leaves an emotional impact of the viewer, as the viewer never has enough time to bond with the character. Death is solely used to make the series have "sad" moments. The entire premise of the show is thus thrust away to focus on Kirito, King of Kings, and his merry band of lovesick sycophants. 

All in all, please do not waste you precious and fleeting time on this beautiful Earth by watching Sword Art Online. At all. I wasted my time, and I am very disgruntled. If you want to experience a good telling of the plot of Sword Art Online, then watch the abridged series. It has a lot more character and charm than the actual show itself.

I dare you to watch the dub, lol.

"Where wisdom and valor fail, all that remains is faith. And it can overcome all" -Toa Mata Tahu, MNOG

"Sometimes a hero has to do something else besides beat the villans and come home covered in glory. Sometimes, he has to make a sacrifice so that a lot of people he's never met before and who don't know his name can live."

-Toa Hahli, Downfall

What's the dub have to do with anything? Everything would be the same except the language and intonation. It would probably still be a vapid show.

t5pQDlO.jpg

I took the challenge, and the regret seeps in tenfold. 

t5pQDlO.jpg

Ripperooni, indeed. At this point, only Kirito and Klein have been introduced.

t5pQDlO.jpg

Pretty sure that's the point, that the dub is worse somehow.

Exactly what I meant :).

I took the challenge, and the regret seeps in tenfold.

RIP Gunhaver, RIP.

-Toa Hahli, Downfall

The way they pronounce "Kirito" just seems awfully forced. I can appreciate people trying to make something sound like its original pronunciation, but this is weird.

"Kiddy-toe!"

t5pQDlO.jpg

Oh, lordy, I am NOT feeling Asuna's voice. I have no idea yet, Tarn.

t5pQDlO.jpg

Oh, lordy, I am NOT feeling Asuna's voice. I have no idea yet, Tarn.

I'm sorry for this pain....

But yeah it does sound terrible.

EDIT: I'm thinking about how the decision to get a rahkshi set makes me wanna join Corpus Rahkshi.

Edited by Takama Metru

-Toa Hahli, Downfall

Tarn, they pronounce Asuna as "Ah-suh-nuh." At least tgey got that right.

Just go for it, Takama.

t5pQDlO.jpg

Just go for it, Takama.

I'm considering. I've got a general concept on my character, only thing I need to create is its appearance.

Anyways, I'm curious. What do you think of the voice acting for some of the supporting cast, i.e: Silica?

-Toa Hahli, Downfall

I'm not sure if I like them, mostly because I haven't watched anything passed the second episode dubbed. I've only had time to watch the first two episodes. I'll get back to you on that, though.

t5pQDlO.jpg

So I got Overwatch. It's super fun. I'm enjoying it way more than Destiny's PvP, and it's a lot less infuriating. Although it is honestly so frustrating when you start a match and your team doesn't even try to capture the point and just kinda stands around its general vicinity.

​Also, Gamestop must have a surplus of those Baby Winston figures that were, I believe, supposed to be part of the preorder incentive, because I ended up getting two.

[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

It could be possible that not a lot of people actually preordered the game. Or that GameStop just doesn't know how to plan well.

I have started to read Paranatural. It's one of the better webcomics that I've read, I can say that much.

t5pQDlO.jpg

I started reading it pretty late on Friday night, and I had plans on Saturday, so I didn't really read that far. I'm only on chapter two as of now.

EDIT: PLEASE tell me that the plunger is Isaac's weapon. That has be like, a Chekhov's gun thing, or something.

EDIT X2: Nope! Isaac's just a tool.

Edited by New Age Retro Gunhaver

t5pQDlO.jpg

I am thinking I need to go to an asylum, these meds the dentist gave make me feel like I am going insane.

This has happened before, both times with milk. I wonder if milk and dental steroids clash and cause a negative reaction. Either way, I feel dizzy, my cheeks are tingly,  and have an urge to rip my hair out slowly.

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

We are all but grey specks in a dark complex before a single white light

I started reading it pretty late on Friday night, and I had plans on Saturday, so I didn't really read that far. I'm only on chapter two as of now.

EDIT: PLEASE tell me that the plunger is Isaac's weapon. That has be like, a Chekhov's gun thing, or something.

EDIT X2: Nope! Isaac's just a tool.

Dude Isaac with a lightning plunger.

Someone get this idea to Zack Morrison.

​also iaderios unless you start spray painting your teeth silver and lookin' like jared leto you should be fine

Edited by Tarn of the DJD

[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

i need to read more of infinite jest but its so intimidating and also i dont fully understand what happened in the deans' office

i want to work at an amusement park in 1986 so i can meet an edgy qt who listens to husker du

new rick and morty on hulu aw yiss

I am thinking I need to go to an asylum, these meds the dentist gave make me feel like I am going insane.

This has happened before, both times with milk. I wonder if milk and dental steroids clash and cause a negative reaction. Either way, I feel dizzy, my cheeks are tingly,  and have an urge to rip my hair out slowly.

your dentist hooked you up with the good stuff yo

just kidding dont abuse pain mgmt thats bad for you

next time you take it dont drink milk and see what happens

only in dreams.

I hope you don't actually go insane, Iaredios. Those dank meds mean serious business.

t5pQDlO.jpg

I am actually feeling better now. i think it is out of my system now. My mother and grandparents say that I shouldn't have to take anymore, the bad stuff in my system probably gone and the meds actually messing with my head now that it doesn't have any worthy opponents.

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

I am actually feeling better now. i think it is out of my system now. My mother and grandparents say that I shouldn't have to take anymore, the bad stuff in my system probably gone and the meds actually messing with my head now that it doesn't have any worthy opponents.

That's good news Iaredious :)

Supporting Jonny's comment, try not to drink milk whenever you consume the meds. It'd be a good idea to drink water as well. I also suggest, if possible, to go consult your dentist about the problem, unless you have already notified him/her.

-Toa Hahli, Downfall

Milk has a strange effect on my teeth sometimes, too. That's probably due to the calcium, or something. I'm not a doctor.

t5pQDlO.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

For a while after having stopped taking the dental steroids, I think I was experiencing withdraw as parts of my face would sometimes become tingling numb and a tingling on my head made me twitch a bit and slap that part of my head, but I think it is finally totally out of my system as I haven't had any such experiences for a couple of weeks. Thank goodness, I thought I had a tumor or something.

I wrote a short story but there needs to be some improvement and some word editing to make it more suitable for BZPower. I'm thinking of ways to do those things, keep the content but filter it.

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

I've never dealt with medication that dulls pain or anything like that. Is that what it was doing to your mouth? I'm glad that you feel better, tumors not included. 

t5pQDlO.jpg