Lungorthin the devil

1. Why can't I make such awesome custom heads?
  2. How do you have so many flame pieces?
  3. Why is this absolutely, mindbogglingly awesome?

Yeah, I think that about covers it.

Really cool MOC. I like the small details like having minifig hands plugging the hole on the Rahkshi heads for added jaggedness, I admire your restraint on not going overboard with the trans-orange. It's much better like this, being subtle, than having it thrown all over the place. This really does capture the Devil motif. I love how every milimetre of this thing is completely custom. Some serious skill here!

This MOC would be a perfect fit for an elite or boss enemy unit in DOOM or Diablo or something. Maybe even a WH40K Chaos daemon.

:kakama:

• Upvote 1

:kakama: Stone rocks :kakama:

Model Designer at The LEGO Group. Former contributor at New Elementary. My MOCs can be found on Flickr and Instagram

:smilepohatunu: :smilehuki:

This MOC would be a perfect fit for an elite or boss enemy unit in DOOM or Diablo or something. Maybe even a WH40K Chaos daemon.

I was actually thinking the Balrog from Fellowship of the Ring, but DOOM fits.

This... gosh that's cool, but is it sturdy?  I see all the tiny details and it looks kinda... fragile.

Avatar by Nicholas Anderson (NickonAquaMagna)

My blog: The Jaga's Nest

This... gosh that's cool, but is it sturdy?  I see all the tiny details and it looks kinda... fragile.

Granted, the name is pretty Tolkienesque.

Model Designer at The LEGO Group. Former contributor at New Elementary. My MOCs can be found on Flickr and Instagram

May I ask how you connected all those flame bits? 

Those flame pieces have tiny stud-like-things sticking out of the main connector on the bottom. These-sticky-outy-bits fit exactly into a hole formed by two of the flame-blades higher up on the piece, allowing them to be "stacked". They're designed with such a connection in mind to allow the creation of larger fires.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Why can't I make such awesome custom heads?
  • How do you have so many flame pieces?
  • Why is this absolutely, mindbogglingly awesome?
Yeah, I think that about covers it.

Really cool MOC. I like the small details like having minifig hands plugging the hole on the Rahkshi heads for added jaggedness, I admire your restraint on not going overboard with the trans-orange. It's much better like this, being subtle, than having it thrown all over the place. This really does capture the Devil motif. I love how every milimetre of this thing is completely custom. Some serious skill here!

Thanks a lot!

I am actually love Diablo's cinematics, they always inspired me (especially when I built Luxael: https://flic.kr/s/aHskdmUfS3).

Except Barlog's fiery whips, this model always has one reference to Tolkins legendarium. ;]

He's fragile comparing to sets, especially head in some places, but not very fragile.

Thanks!

It looks like the Balrog crossed with Lava Beast, and I love it. That head is very well-designed. May I ask how you connected all those flame bits?

At the beginning of building I actually wanted to redesign Lava Beast, but at the end I come with some kind of demon.

Thanks!

Oh gog that intricate detailing, the solid colourscheme. 10/10 cant really be improved on.

I see some places, that can be improved, like flat back and weak elbows. Also I don't like colours distribution in some places (I came with this, because I didn't have enough pieces in right colour).

Thanks!

I really love the way everything fits together, gives it sort of an organic look. Especially fond of the construction of the arms and legs, though the head deserves all of the praise it has attracted.

We will remember - Skies may fade and stars may wane; we won't forget

And your light shines bright - yes so much brighter shine on

We will remember - Until the skies will fall we won't forget

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

I must say this is very impressive. The whole build is so consistent and flows so nicely. Just awesome.

Onvermel

"I believe in certainties. The strength of my limbs, the power of my mask, the sharp edges of my blades — that is what I build my plans around. Trickery, deception, complex strategies, they are for the weak! If you want power, and another has it, you get it not by outwitting him — you get it by stepping over his corpse." Makuta Icarax

"WHO ATE ALL THE PIES! WHO ATE ALL THE PIES!"

http://onvermelreport.blogspot.ca/ --- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaX7xUwGu9-8kVqQ4BqOxWw               

onvermel_report_logo_24.bmp

• 2 weeks later...