The Balrog of Moria

Nuju Metru

• 2 weeks later...

Why hasn't this got more attention?  Your previous LOTR MOCs are incredible and this one is no exception.  I am really liking how you Incorporated constraction pieces to give it a more organic look.  I think the only thing that bothers me with the build is the lower legs/feet, they are a little long and stubby/blocky IMO.

Incredible MOC with very creative parts use and an over all look that captures the aesthetic of the creature extremely well.  Keep building my friend, you are a great inspiration to many.

• Upvote 1

Incredible rendition of the Balrog, Nuju. The wings are a great piece of craftsmanship, and I adore the absolute inferno that rises from his back, impeccably faithful to the monster's appearance in the movies. Although I wish there were more lava-themed trans-orange cracks and such going on throughout his body, I do realize that the medium is somewhat limited in such details, barring stickers, so I won't hold it against you.

Also, the fire whip is really great, what with its transition from reddish orange to a more yellowish orange at the end. The shaping of the Balrog itself is also very great, and feels very organic in its soft curves and solid colour scheme. The head is well constructed, and the horns are actually quite ingenious.

Although the dark gray pieces are somewhat glaring, I don't really mind them all that much. Instead, there are two pieces that stand out to me more, but they are the ball socket pieces in the wrists. The lighter grey sticks out like a sore thumb, which is not a failing on your part as much as the part of LEGO for not making the piece in any darker grey or even black colour. As far as I'm concerned, though, it could just as well be some kind of metallic shackles on the Balrog's wrists. This thought helps to soothe the colour scheme stickler in me.

All in all, I feel that this is an excellent LEGO creation, and one that would make a highly worthy set on the shelves of LEGO stores were fate any kinder.

• Upvote 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Very nice work-I love the Lego Lord of the Rings game and was bummed that the Balrog didn't get an actual set.

Voicing your opinions with tact is the best way to keep a discussion from becoming an argument.
So far as I'm aware, it's pronounced like this: We're ee ah moo.

Check out my Creations:

Epics

G1 Battle for Spherus Magna - G2 A Lingering Shadow

Short Stories

G1 Fallen Guardian - G2 Shadows of Past and Future (The Legend Continues Entry) Head of Stone, Heart of Jungle

MOCs

Mask Hoarder, Desert Scourge

• 2 weeks later...

You dont see enough LotR MOCs. I love the design of the torso and the fire coming out the back. The custom face is great too. Interesting to see using more system parts. Most of the Balrogs I've seen have been CCBS. 

audio_narration_project_banner_wide.jpg

Bionicle: ANP aims to create narrated versions of all the Bionicle books, with voice actors for each character, and music taken from various media to enhance the story. Check here if you're interested in voicing a character, and here for the chapters that've already been released!

Formerly: Tahu Nuva 3.0

Looking for a Bionicle Beanie. Black one with the symbol on it. Contact me if you are willing to sell

Blocky, but still pretty well done.  I'd take inspiration for a dragon I'm planning out if it weren't mostly system.

It is not for us to decide the fate of angels.

Dominus Temporis, if you're out there, hit me up through one of my contacts.  I've been hoping to get back in touch for a long time now.  (Don't worry, I'm not gonna beg you to bring back MLWTB or something.  :P )