• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes
  • Participate in raffles to win LEGO prizes
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

[Render] Ice Planet Exploration Mech

Featured LEGO Ice Planet Mecha LDD

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Offline The Mugbearer

The Mugbearer
  • Members
  • Encountering Protodermis

• 26-February 07
  • 839 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 07 2017 - 12:23 PM

32722554726_b5edc81a8f_c.jpg

%5BRender%5D Ice Planet Mech by Artemiy Karpinskiy, on Flickr

An Ice Planet exploration mech based off the concept art from this page.
Took me about 18 hours to render this monster. :D

Back view | Cockpit

If you like what I do and you want to see me create your OC, a favorite Bionicle Character, or something else, feel free to look up my
Commission Info! I also now have a Patreon page, so please consider supporting!

#2 Offline Pohaturon

Pohaturon
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Makuta Conquered!

• 11-March 07
  • 564 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 07 2017 - 04:37 PM

Firstly, this is really cool (ha), and I particularly like the dual-function hands.

Secondly, I cannot shake the feeling that it looks like a duck from the waist down. Those feet, mate. (not that resembling a duck is in any way a bad thing)

:kakama:

Stone does not bend. Stone does not break. Stone endures. :kakama: #LeaveStoneAlone2017

"The numbers never stop coming, Mr. Reese." - Harold Finch, Person of Interest

"The fish was wet and slimy, and decidedly dead." - George Stobbart, Broken Sword

I write stories, which you can read here: A Beach, Somewhere

#3 Offline Ta-metru_defender

Ta-metru_defender
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Blog Assistants
  • Senior Staff

• 26-December 03
  • 10,867 posts
  •   BZP Assistant

Posted Feb 08 2017 - 02:48 AM

Omg. Ice planet.

I love the shaping to it, rounded cockpits don't get enough love (for obvious hard-to-build reasons). I really like how you used the Ice Planet saws and skis, does a lot to evoke that theme while still keeping it contemporary.

I do wish it was even more Ice Planet 2002-y, though. Like if it had a satellite launcher or something. That said, still looks dope.

Edited by Ta-metru_defender, Feb 08 2017 - 02:49 AM.

I still believe we can live forever
You and I we begin forever now

2dioq5j.jpg

I still believe in us together
You and I we're here together now

#4 Offline Endless Sea (Alaki Nuva)

Endless Sea (Alaki Nuva)
  • Members
  • Emerging Stone Champion

• 22-May 05
  • 1,429 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 08 2017 - 02:52 AM

This is absolutely beautiful and if it were a set I would totally buy it.

Man, it's been a while since I said that.  Feels pretty good.

(Where'd you get the skis?  The greebles make them look Bionicle-y, but I don't recall any sets that could've used them.)

I'd actually have something of substance to say here, but I'm too lazy to think of anything.  >_< Er, have some BZPRPG profiles, I guess?

I used to help Dominus Temporis with writing MLWTB back in the day, even if I was really terrible at it.  If anyone's in contact with him, could ya help me get in touch?   :)

#5 Offline The Mugbearer

The Mugbearer
  • Members

• 26-February 07
  • 839 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 08 2017 - 11:17 AM

I do wish it was even more Ice Planet 2002-y, though. Like if it had a satellite launcher or something. That said, still looks dope.

Well, it kinda has rocket boosters for better mobility. Does that count? :P

This is absolutely beautiful and if it were a set I would totally buy it.

Man, it's been a while since I said that.  Feels pretty good.

(Where'd you get the skis?  The greebles make them look Bionicle-y, but I don't recall any sets that could've used them.)

Thank you! It's this piece. Seem to be majorly present in helicopters and such.

#6 Offline Ta-metru_defender

Ta-metru_defender
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Blog Assistants
  • Senior Staff

• 26-December 03
  • 10,867 posts
  •   BZP Assistant

Posted Feb 08 2017 - 02:19 PM

Well, it kinda has rocket boosters for better mobility. Does that count? :P

Mebbe a little? More I wanna see this or this piece. But maybe that's just the nostalgia talking.

I still believe we can live forever
You and I we begin forever now

2dioq5j.jpg

I still believe in us together
You and I we're here together now

#7 Offline Pohatu: Uniter of Stone

Pohatu: Uniter of Stone
  • Members
  • Nuva Team Assembled

• 15-December 13
  • 2,548 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 14 2017 - 11:57 AM

Do you mind if I copy the base design for the hands? They are really amazing! I just can't put into words how much I love them. The body is really cool and I like the jets on the back, too.

However... it has duck feet. That's my only gripe. Great work here, I hope you can try to make some other stuff from that concept art in the future!

Splatoon Inkling Mocs! 

lego-models_and_amiibo.jpg

#8 Offline The Mugbearer

The Mugbearer
  • Members

• 26-February 07
  • 839 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 14 2017 - 12:31 PM

Do you mind if I copy the base design for the hands? They are really amazing! I just can't put into words how much I love them. The body is really cool and I like the jets on the back, too.

However... it has duck feet. That's my only gripe. Great work here, I hope you can try to make some other stuff from that concept art in the future!

Sure, you can use my works as inspiration for your own. That's why I post them. =)

What's wrong with his feet???

#9 Offline Pohatu: Uniter of Stone

Pohatu: Uniter of Stone
  • Members
  • Nuva Team Assembled

• 15-December 13
  • 2,548 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 14 2017 - 02:20 PM

Sure, you can use my works as inspiration for your own. That's why I post them. =)

What's wrong with his feet???

The ankles are really tiny and the feet look like a duck's feet with a bit less webbing. It's nothing wrong, it just looks a bit goofy and doesn't quite go with the rest of the MOC, which uses primarily blue and white with some orange accents.

Splatoon Inkling Mocs! 

lego-models_and_amiibo.jpg

#10 Offline The Mugbearer

The Mugbearer
  • Members

• 26-February 07
  • 839 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 19 2017 - 07:45 PM

Ayy, apparently this model got featured on the frontpage on February the 7th. ^^  Would've been great if there could be any kind of indication that I got featured: a notification or PM, but that's technicalities.

#11 Offline Wiriamu

Wiriamu
  • Members
  • Exo-Armored Toa

• 11-November 06
  • 758 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 19 2017 - 11:32 PM

Ayy, apparently this model got featured on the frontpage on February the 7th. ^^  Would've been great if there could be any kind of indication that I got featured: a notification or PM, but that's technicalities.

Yeah, they don't really let you know when your topics get featured; it's happened to me twice and I only found out after either seeing the "Featured" button next to the topic name in its respective forum or by going to the homepage.

Voicing your opinions with tact is the best way to keep a discussion from becoming an argument.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users