• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes
  • Participate in raffles to win LEGO prizes
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

Vern Vermilious, Furnace Repair Bot

Featured MOC Robot Furnace

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Primus

Primus
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Descending into Protodermis

• 26-December 06
  • 967 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Nov 02 2017 - 07:25 PM

A bot designed to work in large furnaces & forges, Vern spends most of his days toiling away making sure machinery is kept running. The heat exchangers in his arms and legs coupled with a multitude of cooling tubes allows him to work in extremely hot environments for hours on end.

37836505511_89a8b22dd4_c.jpg

002.png_thumb.jpg 003.png_thumb.jpg 006.png_thumb.jpg 008.png_thumb.jpg

Brickshelf Gallery

Really liked how this guy turned out, finally found a use for that av-matoran torso & train wheels I had laying around.

C&C appreciated, hope you guys like him!

Edited by Black Six, Nov 14 2017 - 01:34 PM.

#2 Offline Obsessionist

Obsessionist
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Pretty OK

• 28-January 10
  • 1,323 posts

Posted Nov 03 2017 - 09:10 AM

I love this guy. I love the distribution of red and how the red elements used all match even though they're from dramatically different kinds of sets. Seriously, the way the technic fig seat matches and angles on the Mata foot and how the subtle printing on the constraction shins mirrors the ridges on the Bohrok shield, all amazing. Of course the disk-based limbs are great.

Shoutout to that av-toran torso. I think those torsos and the Ben-10 torsos are actually really spiffy elements, people are just afraid to use them.

By the by, how do you edit your photos?

Edited by Obsessionist, Nov 03 2017 - 09:11 AM.

Posted Image

#3 Offline The Invisible Handman

The Invisible Handman
  • Members
  • Flying Force!

• 20-March 05
  • 2,318 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 12 2017 - 03:39 AM

Nice, I like the design of the limbs there and the use of a chair as a head is quite ingenious. I also like the intentional use of yellow half pieces. It's just an excellent design overall.

#4 Offline Primus

Primus
  • Premier Member
  • Descending into Protodermis

• 26-December 06
  • 967 posts

Posted Nov 14 2017 - 07:22 PM

I love this guy. I love the distribution of red and how the red elements used all match even though they're from dramatically different kinds of sets. Seriously, the way the technic fig seat matches and angles on the Mata foot and how the subtle printing on the constraction shins mirrors the ridges on the Bohrok shield, all amazing. Of course the disk-based limbs are great.

Shoutout to that av-toran torso. I think those torsos and the Ben-10 torsos are actually really spiffy elements, people are just afraid to use them.

By the by, how do you edit your photos?

Glad you like it! I really love trying to build around those torsos, they can be very challenging but also very rewarding, and can lead to some pretty weird proportions (which I like lol).

As for editing my photos, usually I only crop them and adjust the color balance slightly, but I did a bit more for this one. In my original pictures the blue sheet that I shot against was all wrinkly, and instead of reshooting the photos I decided I would just edit the background (this was also my first shoot against this blue sheet). In a trial version of Photoshop I selected the background, feathered my selection (leading to the glowing edge), averaged the values, and then added a gradient. I'm not too sure how I feel about it, usually I don't mess with the background. What do you think about it?

Nice, I like the design of the limbs there and the use of a chair as a head is quite ingenious. I also like the intentional use of yellow half pieces. It's just an excellent design overall.

Thanks! I really love using those yellow half-bushings for extra splashes of color  :)

Also shout out to BlackSix for the front page mention! That was pretty cool to logon to  :D

#5 Offline Endless Sea (Alaki Nuva)

Endless Sea (Alaki Nuva)
  • Members
  • Emerging Stone Champion

• 22-May 05
  • 1,474 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 15 2017 - 03:09 PM

Tubes!  :D

I'd actually have something of substance to say here, but I'm too lazy to think of anything.  >_< Er, have some BZPRPG profiles, I guess?

I used to help Dominus Temporis with writing MLWTB back in the day, even if I was really terrible at it.  If anyone's in contact with him, could ya help me get in touch?   :)

#6 Offline KDNX

KDNX
  • Members
  • Tohunga

• 27-February 16
  • 24 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 17 2017 - 09:09 PM

How did you achieve the bending arms? Is that intentional, or is it as a result of stress to the piece? Is it legal?

#7 Offline Rassilon (TTL)

Rassilon (TTL)
  • Members
  • Mata Nuian Protector Defeated

• 20-January 16
  • 3,330 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 17 2017 - 09:41 PM

I think he used one of the thin rubber tube pieces to hold it together.

BZPower's Mahri Nui
Coming in 2018

barraki_symbols_by_drago_flame.jpg
Surrender is never an option

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users