Bionicle G2 is not as a successful as G1, but it has some good charm. It is successful in a few ways, and it got some books and a Netflix show. These aren’t great things, G2 may have been cancelled after two years, and constraction wasn’t doing too great until it will disappear in 2019, and in Thanos from Avengers: Infinity War in this year made it disappear. This decade ain’t great for constraction in general, in other words.
Aside from that, if Lego could do more things for Bionicle somehow, like how it did with Ninjago, that would be awesome. Batman and Spider-Man movie series may get cancelled sequels and then get rebooted, and I believe that Bionicle may have that kind of potential because it is well remembered, like these movie series. I mean, it’s Lego’s own Transformers (don’t think about how those movies are terrible. They just look cool and are well remembered.). Other constraction themes, Hero Factory, RoboRiders, and Slizers/Throwbots, may not have the potential (despite Universal Studios planning to make a live-action HF movie, but didn’t happen since 2012), because they were not that successful and did not last as long as Bionicle G1. Bionicle G1 lasted for 9 years, and Bionicle got the reboot for two years, so that’s something. Don’t blame Bionicle for doing not so successful in this decade. Lego just has problems with constraction nowadays. I look at Bionicle as healthy.
I would say that Bionicle G1 is like a cinematic universe because it has so many characters and stories. Marvel, DC Comics, and even Transformers got their cinematic universes, so what about Bionicle. I think Bionicle May have that kind of potential if Lego could work something out. I know that Lego made The Lego Movie Cinematic Universe, but if Bionicle characters appear here, it would be hard for them to move their mask to talk. Weird. Well, I think it’s best that Bionicle would have its own cinematic universe that is an alternate universe from that just to make them look better. It would be either a computer-animated theatrical movie or a kid-friendly live-action one with humans and the planet Earth just to make it feel more human (Bionicle characters should get out often, and no profanity words, not like how Transformers overly did it.). Either way, I would love that to happen. Many successful things, like Captain Underpants and Sonic The Hedgehog, are getting their movies in this decade, and I believe Bionicle should do the same, probably in the next decade.
If a Bionicle Cinematic Universe were to happen, how would you want it to be. For me, well, here’s this:
1. Bionicle - the Toa Mata/Toa Masters would be the main protagonists, and they would collect magical masks while fighting Makuta Teridax and his minions, whether it be Infected Rahi, Skull Army, Umarak and the Elemental Beasts, Rahkshi, Vahki, Visorak, or the Piraka.
2. Bionicle 2 - the Toa Mata/Toa Nuva/Toa Masters/Toa Uniters would fight the Bohrok, Bohrok-Kal or Umarak and the Elemental Beasts.
3. Bionicle 3 - the Toa would fight against Teridax and the Brotherhood of Makuta, both Makuta and the Rahkshi.
4. Bionicle: Toa Metru - a prequel spin-off about the Toa Metru
5. Bionicle: Toa Hordika - a sequel to that about the Toa Hordika, but still a prequel
6. Bionicle: Toa Inika - a spin-off involving the Toa Inika
7. Bionicle: Toa Mahri - a sequel to that about the Toa Mahri
8. Bionicle: Lesovikk - a spin-off about Lesovikk
9. Bionicle: Mazeka - a spin-off about Mazeka
10. Bionicle: Order of Mata Nui - a spin-off about the Order of Mata Nui.
11. Bionicle: Ekimu - a prequel spin-off about Ekimu.
12. Bionicle 4: Mata Nui’s adventure in Bara Magna. This is based on the 2009 storyline
13. Bionicle 5: the battle between Mata Nui and Makuta Teridax in a final showdown with Teridax. This is based on the 2010 storyline.
14. Bionicle 6: Good guys and bad guys fight each other over the restored Spherus Magna (and maybe the planet Earth). This is based on the 2011 story serials.
15. Bionicle and Hero Factory: Well, I would love to see the Toa and Hero Factory’s Heroes fight each other, Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice and Captain America: Civil War in 2016 style, but a Hero Factory solo movie first before this. It would get two more sequels where the Toa heroes and HF’s Heroes work together to fight their common threats. This would turn the Bionicle Cinematic Universe into the Constraction Cinematic Universe if the first Bionicle movie is successful enough.
Well, I would also see the Federation of Fear, the Protectors, Order of Mata Nui, and Glatorian as either TV shows or movies.
For the creators of the cinematic universe, the movie company would be Lego and either Warner Bros, Disney, or maybe Universal (because of that planned Hero Factory movie, but I don’t trust it on this one, neither do I on Sony). The directors/writers/producers would be either Steven Spielberg, Travis Knight, George Lucas, or maybe Greg Farshtey. The story would be very good and well-written with some good comedy and action, like Bionicle G1, the Marvel Cinematic Universe, Transformers, and Ninjago (the TV show and not the silly theatrical movie), but more stuff resolved and with a very good conclusion. The actors in there would be very great and popular celebrities (I got a lot in my mind, though). If the movies are animated, make it a very good 3-D animated quality, like Moana and How to Train Your Dragon. If the movies are live-action, make good quality on the Bionicle characters (they would be CGI). For human-sized ones, it would be like the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles in this decade and “I, Robot”, and for different-sized ones and etc., it would be like the Transformers movies (if done right and to match the G1 characters) and the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Music scores would be by either Cryoshell or some good singers or band.
They all should be very well promoted and extremely not cheap, unlike Bionicle’s past years. Think Marvel Cinematic Universe for much better stuff. Don’t make things too weird. Just go with G1’s way of things.
Hasbro, the creators of Transformers, would do a Hasbro Cinematic Universe, but Transformers is more reasonable, so I think Lego should make Bionicle a cinematic universe.
So, guys, how would you envision a Bionicle Cinematic Universe to be in your own image? You know, it would be awesome if this could happen. I think Bionicle should deserve this wonderful treatment.
Edited by Lenny7092, Dec 15 2018 - 01:31 PM.