Did G2 attract new fans?

I read in a local city newspaper in Christmas 2015, there was a section set up which displayed the letters local school kids wrote to Santa that year. One of them did ask for "Bionicles." So yeah, even if I don't know who the kid was personally it stood out to me as printed proof there was at least one G2 fan out there in my local town. 

• Upvote 1

52641688958_d61c0bc049_w(1).jpg.c0871df0de376218d7ca2bc4f409e17d.jpg

All aboard the hype train!

Well. There were a bunch of people who came to the Bionicle panel in New York Comic Con in 2014 when I visited there. I’m not sure if they are old fans or new. I did notice a kid in a Carvel place. 

Lego should really celebrate G2’s 5th anniversary for these fans somehow. Just saying.

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

2 hours ago, Lenny7092 said:

Well. There were a bunch of people who came to the Bionicle panel in New York Comic Con in 2014 when I visited there. I’m not sure if they are old fans or new. I did notice a kid in a Carvel place. 

Lego should really celebrate G2’s 5th anniversary for these fans somehow. Just saying.

I honestly question if it would be worth the cost. G1 was special for actually getting a proper ending to begin with, most LEGO lines just get canceled and never officially acknowledge again. Not that I'm complaining, you have to take it for what it is. But unless it's a massive money magnet like Star Wars, I wouldn't hold my breath.

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!

I'm not sure about G2 as a whole, but from my experience a number of kids seem to have been introduced to Bionicle by Journey to One. I display MOCs at a couple Lego conventions every year, and I always see some kids react to the Bionicle stuff with things like "those are from that show on Netflix!"

Makes you wonder if the success of the line would've been different if they'd led with the Netflix show, rather than ending with it...

• Upvote 1

sigbanner.gif

39 minutes ago, TuragaNuva said:

kids react to the Bionicle stuff with things like "those are from that show on Netflix!"

Many kids I talked to at that time had also seen the Miramax trilogy and TLR on Netflix. I dont know if those are still on Netflix but do kids have more exposure to Bionicle than we realize?

11 hours ago, Master Inika said:

I honestly question if it would be worth the cost. G1 was special for actually getting a proper ending to begin with, most LEGO lines just get canceled and never officially acknowledge again. Not that I'm complaining, you have to take it for what it is. But unless it's a massive money magnet like Star Wars, I wouldn't hold my breath.

Bionicle G1 would have its 20th anniversary celebrated in my opinion because it was very successful, which is more reasonable (I don’t completely agree that Bionicle G1 had a proper ending. True, Mata Nui defeated Teridax and restored Spherus Magna, but there are two serials that are unfinished), and G2 is not as great as G1. G2 possibly had less fans than G1 in my view. After G2 ended, I see people talk about G1 more often.

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

On 5/27/2020 at 10:33 AM, Alexander123 said:

Many kids I talked to at that time had also seen the Miramax trilogy and TLR on Netflix. I dont know if those are still on Netflix but do kids have more exposure to Bionicle than we realize?

Yeah, I've heard mainly from VPN ads on YouTube that certain areas have different content (Ex: Filipino Netflix has the 2012 Ninja Turtles cartoon).
The Miramax trilogy isn't on Netflix for me but oddly enough Journey to One is still up.

I dunno, it's not like it's SUPER hard for kids to get into Bionicle (at least on the side of the toys, seeing some poor 8 or 11 year old scrolling through wikis and BMP trying to make sense of the story would be hilarious to me), it's most likely just a matter of if they're even interested and would like to learn about it. Heck, I actually heard from an old video from when G2 was still going that THEY heard that some kids even wished they could have the older figures, which I like to think means something.