What Would You Like To See In A Hf Set.

Hexann

Mainly some kind of innovation (no over-using parts), while still holding to the general feel of HF. Poseability helps, though, too.

Nuparu1995

92% of teens have moved onto rap.

If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature.

320px-0,540,38,392-Batman_memorial.jpg

R.I.P. - 7/20/2012

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ghost villains, more interesting glatoran head style masks, and more vehicles. It would also be cool to see some sets that are places ( made out of technic, or playsets.) I personally would like more of the bright green from the green lantern set. Lilac and medium azure are also high on the list.Should I mention a more complicated storyline? (no, I wont let that rest until it happens :P ) Perhaps the heros could loose for once. (sorry for getting off topic for a minute there)

Edited by ~garnira returns~

leechfoam.gif "Copy and paste me into your sig! The shadows command you!"

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

tarakavabanner.jpg

#tumaislove,tumaislife

Ghost villains, more interesting glatoran head style masks, and more vehicles. It would also be cool to see some sets that are places ( made out of technic, or playsets.) I personally would like more of the bright green from the green lantern set. Lilac and medium azure are also high on the list.Should I mention a more complicated storyline? (no, I wont let that rest until it happens :P ) Perhaps the heros could loose for once. (sorry for getting off topic for a minute there)
The Heroes losing wouldn't really work well except in an ongoing story arc, which is the kind Hero Factory has mostly avoided. I think the Breakout wave is the closest we can have to the Heroes "losing", what with the factory plans being stolen and thus setting up for a future story arc. But in other years having the heroes lose would pretty much be a failure to actually resolve the year's story by the year's conclusion.Something I'd like to add: more of XT4's new torso beam! It's an amazing piece and I'm sure there are uses for it which TLG hasn't taken advantage of just yet. For instance, it would work nicely for attaching back armor to a figure in the same style as Stormer XL or the Ultrabuild Super Heroes sets use, but without being quite as bulky as another full-size torso beam.Another thing is that I would like to see Breez's Energized Dual Boomerangs used again. They seem like they could be such useful weapon or accessory pieces, yet they're the only of the three rookie weapons from 2010 not used again this wave.Finally, I love how this year we got Hero-Cuffs, which now seem like essential hero gear. It would also be neat to see more hero equipment along the same lines. Maybe a utility belt that could have different accessories for different heroes, like a winch to scale large cliff faces, or a baton like Stormer wielded in Ordeal of Fire.

I do agree with the general consensus who say more colors like purple and teal. Voltix is on the way for more purple, but we still don't have teal. Also, I'm kind of wanting to see some of the old Piraka colors return. Remember the sand blue, sand green, etc secondary colors they had? Yeah, I liked those and I sort of wished they had more pieces like that. In fact, I'd like to see more options in color overall. There are pieces in silver, for example, that I think could look cooler in say red, mostly armor parts and weapons. Never the less, I would sort of like to see some expanded options in colors for future parts and sets as a whole. Also, something like the XT4 torso piece, except in "normal" size. I can't tell you how many times I want to add pieces to the back, but I can't due to there not being a way to connect it or because of the joint getting in the way, so if they made all future body pieces like that, it would allow for greater MOC versatility. Plus, there needs to be a way to add parts to the back so that no one can see how thin the figure is, and with a torso like that it'll be easy to add armor to the back.

The Heroes losing wouldn't really work well except in an ongoing story arc, which is the kind Hero Factory has mostly avoided. I think the Breakout wave is the closest we can have to the Heroes "losing", what with the factory plans being stolen and thus setting up for a future story arc. But in other years having the heroes lose would pretty much be a failure to actually resolve the year's story by the year's conclusion.Something I'd like to add: more of XT4's new torso beam! It's an amazing piece and I'm sure there are uses for it which TLG hasn't taken advantage of just yet. For instance, it would work nicely for attaching back armor to a figure in the same style as Stormer XL or the Ultrabuild Super Heroes sets use, but without being quite as bulky as another full-size torso beam.Another thing is that I would like to see Breez's Energized Dual Boomerangs used again. They seem like they could be such useful weapon or accessory pieces, yet they're the only of the three rookie weapons from 2010 not used again this wave.Finally, I love how this year we got Hero-Cuffs, which now seem like essential hero gear. It would also be neat to see more hero equipment along the same lines. Maybe a utility belt that could have different accessories for different heroes, like a winch to scale large cliff faces, or a baton like Stormer wielded in Ordeal of Fire.
Breez's EDBs were a horrible weapon imo.

AΨ 94

I do agree with the general consensus who say more colors like purple and teal. Voltix is on the way for more purple, but we still don't have teal. Also, I'm kind of wanting to see some of the old Piraka colors return. Remember the sand blue, sand green, etc secondary colors they had? Yeah, I liked those and I sort of wished they had more pieces like that. In fact, I'd like to see more options in color overall. There are pieces in silver, for example, that I think could look cooler in say red, mostly armor parts and weapons. Never the less, I would sort of like to see some expanded options in colors for future parts and sets as a whole.Also, something like the XT4 torso piece, except in "normal" size. I can't tell you how many times I want to add pieces to the back, but I can't due to there not being a way to connect it or because of the joint getting in the way, so if they made all future body pieces like that, it would allow for greater MOC versatility. Plus, there needs to be a way to add parts to the back so that no one can see how thin the figure is, and with a torso like that it'll be easy to add armor to the back.
There is no current teal color in Lego. The one from early Bionicle has long been discontinued. The closest we currently have are Medium and Dark Azure, one of which appears in Thornraxx (who debuts this summer in the U.S., having already shown up elsewhere in the winter wave).

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

I liked them. Overall, BIONICLE has always had plenty of projectile weapons and melee weapons, but throwing weapons have always been in short supply, and I liked the introduction of a dual projectile/throwing weapon in the first wave of Hero Factory. Yet nowadays Hero Factory does stick mostly with melee weapons and projectile weapons.

I get a bad vibe from the Ben 10 armor pieces and those armor pieces that they're using with the Marvel hero figures (and now HF). They lack style and they're a bit on the boring side. So, I'd say that I'm hoping for Lego to start making more new armor molds, or go back to reusing the Bionicle armor molds.

Finally, I love how this year we got Hero-Cuffs, which now seem like essential hero gear. It would also be neat to see more hero equipment along the same lines. Maybe a utility belt that could have different accessories for different heroes, like a winch to scale large cliff faces, or a baton like Stormer wielded in Ordeal of Fire.
I would love to see a working grappling hook. Just imagine that in white on a spider MOC. :lovesign:

Signature Guidelines: Signature may not exceed the 800x300 limit. For more reference use the box located in your signature editor.

I do agree with the general consensus who say more colors like purple and teal. Voltix is on the way for more purple, but we still don't have teal. Also, I'm kind of wanting to see some of the old Piraka colors return. Remember the sand blue, sand green, etc secondary colors they had? Yeah, I liked those and I sort of wished they had more pieces like that. In fact, I'd like to see more options in color overall. There are pieces in silver, for example, that I think could look cooler in say red, mostly armor parts and weapons. Never the less, I would sort of like to see some expanded options in colors for future parts and sets as a whole.Also, something like the XT4 torso piece, except in "normal" size. I can't tell you how many times I want to add pieces to the back, but I can't due to there not being a way to connect it or because of the joint getting in the way, so if they made all future body pieces like that, it would allow for greater MOC versatility. Plus, there needs to be a way to add parts to the back so that no one can see how thin the figure is, and with a torso like that it'll be easy to add armor to the back.
There is no current teal color in Lego. The one from early Bionicle has long been discontinued. The closest we currently have are Medium and Dark Azure, one of which appears in Thornraxx (who debuts this summer in the U.S., having already shown up elsewhere in the winter wave).
Which is kind of why I say we need to have more colors like that. I know Thornraxx is supposed to have like this teal-type color of Dark/Medium Azure as you said for the bone pieces, but never the less that is why I say it needs to be expanded on to use more like it on other pieces, possibly on armor to add more variety.

I get a bad vibe from the Ben 10 armor pieces and those armor pieces that they're using with the Marvel hero figures (and now HF). They lack style and they're a bit on the boring side. So, I'd say that I'm hoping for Lego to start making more new armor molds, or go back to reusing the Bionicle armor molds.
I'm quite surprised you lumped the new armor pieces from the Captain America set (I'm assuming those are the Super Heroes armor pieces you're talking about) in with the Ben 10 armor pieces, since I feel they have very different aesthetics. The armor pieces used on Captain America have a more BIONICLE-like level of detail than most Hero Factory parts, with more complex textures than usual and even a few pistons. Ben 10 armor pieces, on the other hand, are even smoother and simpler than many Hero Factory parts.Personally, I really like the Hero Factory armor pieces, and liked the Ben 10 armor pieces although those were far more specialized in terms of connection points. My reason is that even when BIONICLE was around, I was very concerned (some might say obsessed) with stylistic consistency. This might have come from my fondness for drawing BIONICLE characters-- it was very important to me that a figure's armor looked like it belonged on that figure rather than being "borrowed" from another set, so if one piece had a texture or shape that stuck out like a sore thumb it was a serious offense. Stylistic consistency could make or break a set.Now, the Ben 10, Super Heroes, and Hero Factory armor pieces have one thing in common, that being that they tend to have fairly smooth surfaces compared to BIONICLE's more frequent framework-like structure (examples: Piraka thigh armor, Toa Mata torsos, Toa Metru torsos), piston-covered parts (example: Piraka torsos), or more specialized textures (examples: Barraki Kalmah thigh armor, Toa Inika Jaller torso armor). On the whole, the Ben 10 parts, Hero Factory parts, and Super Heroes parts have simplified things greatly. Most armor pieces are very smooth, besides occasional parts like 2.0 chest plates, Nex 3.0's "paw" piece, or Breez's shoulder spheres. And what this means is that you can essentially use any combination of parts without the individual parts looking out-of-place. For me, simpler part designs are an acceptable sacrifice for the sake of greater versatility for each individual piece.
Finally, I love how this year we got Hero-Cuffs, which now seem like essential hero gear. It would also be neat to see more hero equipment along the same lines. Maybe a utility belt that could have different accessories for different heroes, like a winch to scale large cliff faces, or a baton like Stormer wielded in Ordeal of Fire.
I would love to see a working grappling hook. Just imagine that in white on a spider MOC. :lovesign:
That would be quite neat. This year's Shelob set from the Lord of the Rings theme has a working winch, which I think is one of the coolest features of the set (though in general it's probably the nicest giant LEGO spider ever designed). Seeing that kind of thing in Hero Factory would be very nice indeed.

I liked them. Overall, BIONICLE has always had plenty of projectile weapons and melee weapons, but throwing weapons have always been in short supply, and I liked the introduction of a dual projectile/throwing weapon in the first wave of Hero Factory. Yet nowadays Hero Factory does stick mostly with melee weapons and projectile weapons.
Oh, I agree. The concept was great, the piece was horrible.

AΨ 94

Eh, I mainly lumped the Ben 10/ Cpt. America torsos together because the don't really feel right for robots. The Cpt. America-type stuff , what with the "bulging muscles," and all, look to human for my taste. It's just not a nice-looking appearance, in my eyes. I like my robots looking robotic and complex, not smooth or human-lilke.

Signature Guidelines: Signature may not exceed the 800x300 limit. For more reference use the box located in your signature editor.

I have severa ideas: putting 2.0 chestplates on a Breakout body, because the two-toned body of 2.0-3.0 looks much better than one big piece; transparent 2.0 heads & hero cores, (some could stay opaque, like Rocka); giving a hero the same color scheme from wave to wave, because it makes hero 8.0 look like hero 7.0, so you can recognize your hero evolving. I like the new Breakout schemes, Lego should stick with them. Give Furno red & white. Give Rocka gold, gunmetal, & trans lime. Give Stringer black & trans blue. So on & so forth.~DD

Herp Derp

Random thought: Technic functions. Anything from the boxor's amazingly complex mechanisms to that mechanism that let Onua Nuva windmill his arms (and the chainsaws attached).
I always have trouble these days appreciating Technic functions on humanoid figures or even animal-like figures, but at the same time I think they are right at home in vehicle-based sets. It's a shame there aren't more of those these days. There's Speeda Demon's bike, which is mostly function-free and doesn't even have any launcher functions, but nothing to the same level of complexity as the Drop Ship or the vehicle sets of 2008 and 2009 BIONICLE. And no, I don't think the "new building system" is any excuse for not having more vehicles. I could easily imagine a sturdy car body being built in the new building system. The greater height of today's Hero sets poses more substantial problems than that.One thing I'd love to see in a new set would be a newer, custom-built Hero Pod. It's a very significant "vehicle" in the TV episodes, and yet now that canisters are a thing of the past and Hero sets have grown in average height, it'd be nice to see a Hero Pod made from Technic panels and other parts to resemble the ones in the show. Of course, I don't foresee this happening as Hero Pods are not very exciting in either looks or function, and there will always be one hero or another who doesn't fit too well just as Pohatu and Onua didn't fit well in the Exo-Toa.

Random thought: Technic functions. Anything from the boxor's amazingly complex mechanisms to that mechanism that let Onua Nuva windmill his arms (and the chainsaws attached).
I would love to see this. :DBionicle masks would be nice too, although I doubt that would happen. :P

I agree with a more feminine Breez or whatever, sorry if that sounds wrong. More unique armor, signature weapons, and more articulate bodies, like waist movement, or at least a lower body guard and an upper body guard. That would be really cool. As for colors, I'd like to see plain GREEN. Be it Lewa green or '04 onward green, I'm tired of LIME! Also, I'd like the hand pieces to be just a bit shorter, that's all they need. They already made up for the hands by givin' them five fingers and sturdier plastic. The 09 hands were fragile as lime.

PM me for a chance to have your own custom hero appear in a story I'm writing. Pm me if you want to have your Hero in the story, and I'll give you details!s7tCK.gif

i found one of the black pucks and they can also be fired. interesting.i say a waist joint would be epic, and i really do think that if they are going to include a female character, they should at least try to make a bit of difference other than the helmet.

3DS Freind Code: 1693-0634-1082 Name: Joey

I also have Mario Kart 7, Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Pokemon Y and Kid Icarus: Uprising

PM me to add me. 

Steam profile

Click here for the BZP Destiny Group

Purple hero, black core.
That would certainly be cool. A purple hero is badly needed.I hope that further waves return to the use of differently colored cores, as opposed to all white. Black, of course, would be excellent. Edited by Chro

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

Now, I have no problem with the all-white Hero Cores. I loved the colored ones of 2.0 and 3.0, but IMO having them all the same color works about as well as having them all different colors.If we did go back to having multiple core colors, I would hope that they keep the nice two-toned aesthetic of this year's Hero Cores. Maybe depict them as they are in the show, with the "H"-shape itself in a consistent color like white or silver but the recessed portion of the design colored uniquely and vibrantly depending on the character.

The one and only thing that I don't like in Hero Factory is making sets without hand pieces. You see 2.0 heroes with shields had only 1 hand and second hand was replaced with multi-tool ice shield while they could have 2 hands and a shield at the same time like it was shown in animated series. The same thing was with fire villains and in 3.0 hero sets. In breakout series sadly the problem comes back, I'm happy that Lego has introduced larger sized heroes with covered backs that was awesome, but that what they have done with Julius Nex was horri-terrible! There was not enough for them that he has poor weapon they replaced one of his hand with it. Imagine that they could just use longer arm piece attach his weapon to middle ball joint and then give him a hand on last joint but NO! They couldn't do that!

Hello and welcome ^^
Bionicle fan and follower from Lublin in Poland. Theoretician, nerd and figure collector. The same goes for Transformers and MLP:FiM and more sophisticated works of science fiction fantasy.
I'd like to be your friend my friends :)
My facebook: https://www.facebook.com/butterscotch.pl.

The one and only thing that I don't like in Hero Factory is making sets without hand pieces. You see 2.0 heroes with shields had only 1 hand and second hand was replaced with multi-tool ice shield while they could have 2 hands and a shield at the same time like it was shown in animated series. The same thing was with fire villains and in 3.0 hero sets. In breakout series sadly the problem comes back, I'm happy that Lego has introduced larger sized heroes with covered backs that was awesome, but that what they have done with Julius Nex was horri-terrible! There was not enough for them that he has poor weapon they replaced one of his hand with it. Imagine that they could just use longer arm piece attach his weapon to middle ball joint and then give him a hand on last joint but NO! They couldn't do that!
Part of the reason the 2.0 Heroes mostly had only one hand was to allow for the shield-based weapons to be reversed, much like the Piraka weapons. Thus, for instance, Nex had a claw on one side of his shield and buzz saws on the other. I also quite like how some sets forgo a hand piece in favor of a weapon that resembles an "arm cannon" like MegaMan's classic MegaBuster weapon. However, I agree that sets with only one hand piece often don't do as much for one's collection of parts as sets with a matching pair.As for Julius Nex, if they made his arm long enough to put the weapon on the second ball joint, then the proportions would be terrible IMO. I'm not 100% happy with that arm's weapon, which doesn't feel quite as solid as Evo's glorious Tank Arm, but I can't really think of any good ways to improve it while maintaining the proportions of the model and the cohesive look of that lovely arm-weapon.

Purple hero, Mata green hero, teal hero, brown hero, you name it.Also, we can't keep sticking to the same heroes over and over again. I'd love to see a Force 5.0, or another hero team.Finally, definitely more translucent parts, and a proper red Glatorian head.This would make HF better, and although I do buy a lot of it, there's always something that doesn't wow me. This would wow me, and probably a few others.~TN:TS~

The long awaited third season of TA:OT is finally here!!

• 3 weeks later...
I wouldn't mind seeing that either.. something that Merrick Fortis of 'Recon' could use?There's been talk on Eurobricks about Heroes with mind-controlling slugs.. I wouldn't mind seeing more translucent parts, or perhaps parts that fade from solid to translucent? Sort of like how the kratta slugs faded from one color to another. And not just cladding either. Something for decoration, a helmet, a tool, even parts like hands- I wouldn't mind seeing a fist in trans-orange!Away from individual parts, I'd like to see a HF set with wings like the Batman Ultrabuild set had(or like the Dume/Nivawk-Krekka-Nidhiki combo a few years back had!), or a gun, in a set, with two barrels! That would be pretty cool, I think.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, a metallic sky blue and light silver hero actually wouldn't hurt either, if done right. I saw one as a frequently-reappearing background character in the Breakout movie thingy (He (Maybe she?) had Breez's helmet in metallic sky blue... I call him Jonathan Zephyr. :P ), and even just from the few glimpses I saw, that character looked pretty good. I also agree with what someone said earlier, 2.0 chest plates on Breakout torso armor actually looks better than any other hero body design to date, but a redesign of said chest plates, or maybe even multiple unique ones for different heroes, wouldn't be a bad thing either.

toatanusignature.png

Same here. Some steampunk-inspired villains, a FEMALE villain, and ANOTHER HERO TEAM. I mean, let's face it: We all want another team to be the main focus, way deep down.
Not really. Frankly, Hero Factory gets very little in the way of character development, and so it would be a tremendous waste to simply say good-bye to the characters who have already started developing and introduce a new team who we might not get to know very well for over a year. Plus, it'd take really competent writing to make the new team feel unique rather than repetitive.It would basically be like what happened to Knights' Kingdom II in 2006. Sure, it was nice seeing King Jayko and Vladek face off once more, and the new characters did have some unique characteristics even though they weren't nearly as developed as the original four heroes. But I never really got to the point of caring strongly for Sir Adric or Sir Kentis-- Jayko, Rascus, Santis, and Danju had a team dynamic that those two really weren't able to replace.Female villain is definitely something I'd like to see though. Edited by Aanchir: Rachira of Time

Same here. Some steampunk-inspired villains, a FEMALE villain, and ANOTHER HERO TEAM. I mean, let's face it: We all want another team to be the main focus, way deep down.
I said the same thing about a female villain over on EB. I'd also like to see a new weapon. Portal gun perhaps?

sailor_moon_banner.jpg

Tired of broken BIONICLE sets? Support the Remolded Sockets Service Pack project by Kon1 on CUUSOO http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/17500

Want more female characters to stand with you BIONICLE or HF collection? Support Bunyip's Constraction Line for Girls project on CUUSOO http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/6801