R P G: Stríð Karla

Alex Humva

OOCEh, months? Maybe weeks, but let's assume for the purposes of sanity that it's certainly not months.

voidstars.png

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

OOCWeird stuff on the main continent. If you have no peeps there, you probably aren't in it. If you do, two random peeps of yours have vanished, and it's up to you whether you send a search party towards these weird radiation spikes or not.

voidstars.png

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

IC: AstariaThe ship's presence was noted; the Navy, all but destroyed in the last factional war, was still in the planning stages of being rebuilt, so no ship could be sent out to meet it. A diplomatic congregation was brought together on the beach, knowing the large knot of people would attract the visitors' attention.IC: Main ContinentThe Astarian team, and Meresti in particular, were examining the cave. One man, however, a linguist by trade, had been examining the mountains around the cave, and had spotted a part of the Slacian search party from his high-up vantage point. He immediately radioed the group; Meresti was first to jump on the chance to get away from the cave, and while some might have seen it as glory hogging, Meresti simply saw it as a way to lower her chance of encountering any tight spaces.

That being said, thag thag thaggity thag thagness.

-Rover

"A memo was sent to Astaria asking if it would at all be possible to make a flying goat."

"The Astarians responded that making a goat fly would be trivial; making it land safely would be another matter entirely."

IC (le côte de Astarie): The Kiserran exploration ship slowly approached the newfound island, not wantin to provoke an attack by the assumed inhabitants.OOC: I want to get the whole UN thing started. http://www.bzpower.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/mad.gifAlso Rover, is that whole trade agreement thing still open?

OOC: Still very much open. Also, I just posted a large derigible... yesterday, I think - it's on the previous page - that requires approval and build-time/upkeep.

We will remember - Skies may fade and stars may wane; we won't forget

And your light shines bright - yes so much brighter shine on

We will remember - Until the skies will fall we won't forget

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

OOC: Okay then. XD

The Slacian Union/Doing StuffIC:

The leader of the Slacian party, named Traiskon Borvov, was trained in linguistics. Astarians had yet to be contacted, so he would have to figure out their language. To help, he offered a pocket dictionary. Then he decided to see if their languages were similar. In his thick accent, he motioned to himself and then to the Astarian while calling, "Hello. My name is Traiskon Borvov. What is your name?"

Edited by Toa of Dancing

This is a signature that describes me as a person. Lazy, dry, and overall just a procra...

*insert placeholder signature here*

Vehicle Class: LK-1 LynkrageVehicle Description: Using Hydrogen acquired from Standast, the Varangians have acheived lighter-than-air flight, and have used this new capability to create a large aircraft, armored with a steel shell (not a thick one, obviously), capable of riding strong currents high in the atmosphere, and, when using these currents, rather faster than an ordinary sailing ship on the ocean (though still, obviously, much slower than a jet airplane using the same current). The Lynkrage carries a respectable armament for defense, though, as Varangia is not a heavily-militarized nation, it is designed to be a transport or high-capacity freighter, not an attack-ship.Weaponry: 1 WYK-5 Anti-material cannon (nose), 3 WYK-30 anti-material cannons (rear)Upkeep/Build time/Build Cost: [insert Time Here]

30 IP for 1/14 days (Veeci's is 30 + 5 for missiles).---IC (Murelle/N-14): The colony of Murelle on the large eastern landmass had slowly been recieving ships from the mainland with citizens who were seeking anything from adventure to starting anew. A manufacturing base had fianlly been established, a small complex on the isthmus (as opposed to the island that the regional capitol was on) began producing simple every day goods, so the colony would not be as much of aburden on the homeland.---Back on Kiserre, on the southeast island of Akitane, a special government-funded project had finally been completed after over a year of research and hard work. It was a massive state of the art aeroplane, drawing from generally propellor driven transport craft, and the military's jet fighters. This plane, the Avion de Transport 124 (called the Hiryuu), would be able ferry troops and heavy equipment across the ocean with great speed. The weeks it would to ship a military force to Murelle by boat could be reduced to just a number of hours with this plane.However, only one plane was in existence at the moment, so any high-speed transport of a unit would take several back-and-forth trips.Regardless of this fact, the newly-formed Seventh Legion was gathered to the Ettaran airbase, where they would wait to be ferried out to the colony of Murelle.OOC: ALSO: Xom said his computer died (again) so don't expect to see him until ___________. Edited by Kothra: Sweetroll Thief
misaka_76_banner_800.jpg

OOC: Until I get on a parent's computer. : DAlso, ToD, the Astarians haven't contacted anyone yet; you're the first.Project Reverene: 23/60Python Column 1: CompleteRecruitment for Colony: CompleteIC:Jet planes flying, and professional explorers setting out to scout the lands, the groundwork of an Astarian city had been set down in O-11. Named Alliate, the city was not particularly planned; like most major cities, it was built on a wheel-and-spokes layout; a small courthouse/town seat combination in the center; other than that and the small airport fifteen kilometers beyond the edge of the city(accounting for later growth) the city was organic, growing according to peoples' needs rather than planned by "some soulless architect" as an old poet put it.---"The Astarian soldiers charged towards the hill, bullets tearing at them and panging off their armor like raindrops. Their movement enhanced by electro-fiber muscles, the soldiers charged faster than their compatriots, in utter defiance of the four-centimeter steel armor that covered their vital areas. Flamers, hung under their arms, ignited, each of the fifteen armored soldiers sending out twin streams of flame. A single Antiluvian soldier with an anti-tank launcher shouldered the weapon and fired it; the rocket punched through a single soldier's power armor and killing her instantly. But the Antiluvian bastion could not hold out; sixty men against a power-armored squad and a rifle company was insanity. But the Antiluvians fought like the stuff of legend-with rifles, launchers, hatchet and hands; the last man, by sheer luck, had crumpled the steel armor of a power armored neck with his hatchet, tearing the fiber-nerves that was the spine of the suit before being killed by a rifleman."Kallia set her keyboard on the table and took a drink of the Kada juice from her cup. It wasn't her best work, but you save your best work for your own publications-not the stuff you submit to a pulp magazine. That, you gave them what they want for the money they paid, and military science fiction was what they wanted this year. Kallia Andiveni was a rising star on the science fiction scene-there were very few writers as esteemed as her at her age. She still needed to make money. Her eyes(green background with an orange Asterisk) scanned the paragraph she'd written, the thick computer monitor flickering ever so slightly. Nervously, she ran a hand through her dark brown hair, considering what next to write.

Edited by cardworkMagician

-Rover

"A memo was sent to Astaria asking if it would at all be possible to make a flying goat."

"The Astarians responded that making a goat fly would be trivial; making it land safely would be another matter entirely."

OOC: Finally got my stuff in order, so here's my post:Provinces:Graeca and Northern Coast(G23): 60 IP, Capital Region, largest city Konstantiniyye, Atena. (Started 2.9, Upgrades 3.15)Northwest Islands(G22): 30 IP, largest city Milano. (Started 2.9, Upgrades 3.8)Italoa and Central Anitalia(H22): 20 IP, largest city Roma (Started 2.9, Upgrades 3.8)Upper Turkiye(H23): 20 IP, largest city Ankara (Started 2.9, Upgrades 3.8)Lower Turkiye(I22): 20 IP, largest city Bursa (Started 2.9, Upgrades 3.8)East Thrace(G17): Small territory, 1 IP, largest city Izmir. (Started 2.23, upgrades 3.15)150 IP totalMilitary Bases:Islands- G20(Crete), L23(Rhodos), O16(Karpathos), Q18(Kasos)Claimed- H16R&D25 IP into genetic engineering.25 IP into powered armor.50 IP into space shuttle(ETA two months, 4.12)Vehicles:1 groups(3) M4 Aslans. (total 5 IP)1 groups(3) M3 Ejderha, (total 10 IP)1 groups(4) M1 Aygir, (total 1 IP)1 groups(3) A5 Taşıyıcı(total 5 IP)1 groups(3) A3 Serçe (total 5 IP)Total: 150 IP – 126 = 24 IPInfantry:G23, 50 battalionsG22, 5 battalionsH22, 4 battalionsH23, 4 battalionsI22, 4 battalions.Total: 67 battalions.Janissaries:600.IC: A team of Janissaries had been dispatched from Izmir, the Anitalian settlement in the colony of Dogu Trakya. They reached the mountains of the continent quickly, and began searching for the source of the signals. To combat any ill-effects from radiation, they were wearing a specialized armor which also functioned as a lead-lined HAZMAT suit.In addition to this, the flag was planted on the areas of the continent designated F16 and G16, claiming them for Anitalia.

Well, would you just look at that?

bread.gif

I'm a piece of toast.

IC:The Astarians' eyes, with their unique racial pattern, were bound to draw attention to them, perhaps mark them as unnatural. Meresti's eyes glinted as she examined this new human; of course any life form would take a human form eventually, as such a perfect body plan was bound to be a destination for any evolutionary path. Their similarities in looks gave no argument of a common ancestry, whether for or against. The linguist, whose trained ear did not comprehend a word of the Slacian's speech, started from the beginning, giving his name and pointing to himself while Meresti did the same. Meresti momentarily hoped that these people were not misogynists; perhaps sending an expedition party that was half women could be seen as an insult?

-Rover

The Slacian Union/Doing StuffIC:

So... her name was something like Mercedes Benz. Translation and communication commenced. Soon enough, Borvov had a relatively good grasp on the language, and he thought they understood his pretty well. As a final test, he said, "Now that we can have... somewhat proper communication... my name is Traiskon Borvov... Yours was... Mercesde?"

This is a signature that describes me as a person. Lazy, dry, and overall just a procra...

*insert placeholder signature here*

IC:"Mer-es-ti, the accent is on the 'ti' * The woman replied in thickly accented Astarian; the Astarian language was simple, and while clumsy, it was simple enough to learn that a Slacian linguist could have a grasp on it shortly.

-Rover

OOC: Ahem.After mucking about in sand dunes and outcroppings of fossiliferous limestone, I have returned, one cellphone poorer, covered in sand, and full of pizza. These are all clear signs that it's time for me to do a...INDUSTRY REPOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORT (Pronounced Re-Pore)Provinces-Fastlandet-- W14 Medium State/30 IP/5 Battalions-- W15 Large State/40 IP/10 Battalions--W16 Medium State/30 IP/5 Battalions--X16 Medium State/30 IP/5 Battalions-Drottninglandet--X15 Capitol State/60 IP/50 BattalionsResearch-25 IP on Verdigris-25 IP on ElectromagnetsConstruction-30 IP on one Lynkrage dirigible.Other Happenings-Everyone who has met the Varangians gets a goat sent to them. Not each country, each individual. These people are cray-cray.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Ooc: First things first, I do want to apologize for my absence. I won't delve into detail, but over the last few months various health, social/family, educational, and computer problems have arisen. As long as you'll let me stay I'd like to stay a part of this RP, it certainly has plenty of potential, however my activity will most likely be erratic for the near future. Oh, and Toast, I think it's probably safe to assume neither of us have a strong desire to Ic first contact since it's such a repetitive process. I 'spose we can just say they have a neutral political standing and have a thorough understanding of each others languages unless you want something different.And as it's now Sunday here's my current Industry Report thinga-ma-ding.Provinces:

• [*]C-23: Capitol State (+60IP)[*]B-24: Large State (+40IP) (Upgrade Mar-24)[*]B-23: Medium State (+30IP) (Upgrade Mar-24)[*]C-24: Medium State (+30IP) (Upgrade Mar-24)[*]D-23: Medium State (+30IP) (Upgrade Mar-24)

Units:

• [*]2 Alto Albatrosses (Airship Missile Platform)
- 70IP (35IP x2)[*]6 Alto Korkea (Fighter/ Interceptor)- 50IP (25IP/3 x2)[*]75 Battalions (75,000 Men)

Research and Development:

• [*]20IP for one week towards R&D of photovoltaics. (Complete)[*]20IP for one week towards further development and implementation of ocean-based energy-turbines. (Complete)[*]30IP for two weeks towards development of submersible watercraft. (Mar-18)

Building:N/ATotal Industry:+190IP -120IP -30IP = 40IP RemainingNews:

• [*]After much debate within the Saari bureaucracy foreign citizens will be allowed to travel into the country, however security screening will be significantly heightened for those select individuals.[*]The two Saari diarchs agree to attend the Forum of Nations when it is held.[*]Fossil-fuel independence continues to decrease; wind, tidal, and solar generators account for over 90% of total electrical consumption. Vi-Sähkö Corp. (Green-Electric Corp.) becomes the most influential company within Saaristo.

fibonacci

Edited by Veeci

Imagine, a room, awash in gasoline. And there are two implacable enemies in that room. One of them has nine-thousand matches. The other has seven-thousand matches. Each of them is concerned about who's ahead, who's stronger. - Carl Sagan
Formerly Vorox Chief.

IC(Kiserre): The senior diplomat who had been aboard the ship that had made contact with Varangia, in return for the goat he had recieved, sought to offer something in return. One thing he had noted while he was there was their apparent love for contests of marksmanship.Going with this, he put in an order to Kiserre's premier weapons manufacturer, Fabrique d'Armes de Shimaki, for one thousand units of the marksman variant of the Legion de Kiserre's standard rifle, the F1/B (Fusil 1, Buteur).He directed that once the order was complete, it was to be shipped by sea directly to Varangia. He hoped that his gift would be appreciated. Meanwhile, he decided the best use for his goat was to make cheese. I mean, who doesn't like cheese?---Elsewhere, the newly appointed Director of Foreign Trade sat in his office, contempleting the Varangian offer to the various nations of the world: natural resources in return for something of the other nation's choice, assuming the Varangians found it acceptable.He put his pen to the paper, writing letter proposing that Kiserre, in exchange for resources, particularly metals, would offer military equipment to the Varangians. The equipment he had in mind, which he noted in this letter, were small arms of various types, as well as the VBC-1 Kuma main battle tank, the FTB-1 Hyou infantry fighting vehicle, and the HT-1 Suzume transport helicopter.When he was finished, he sent it off to the newly founded international postal service to be translated and then shipped off to Varangia.OOC: also, industry report,

Le Pays du Soleil/Kiserre Territory, Military, and Production Report129年9月SM - 0 IP - 1 weekST - 1 IP - 2 weeksMT - 5 IP - 2 weeksLT - 10 IP - 2 weeksSS - 20 IP - 3 weeksMS - 30 IP - 3 weeksLS - 40 IP - 3 weeks*CS - 60 IP - 4 weeksSP - 80 IPProvinces (Kiserre):M-22 (Ettare): MS - 30 - Mar7M-23 (Kiserre): LS C - 40 - Mar7M-24 (Shimaki): MS - 30 - Mar7N-22 (Arugerre): SS - 20 - Mar21N-23 (Beruji): SS - 20 - Mar21N-24 (Akitane): MS - 30 - Mar7Provinces (Granterre):N-14 (Murelle): ST - 1 Mar15Bases:L-21 (Harushima)Construction: "unitname" (IP-#)M-22:M-23:M-24:N-22:N-23:N-24: Hiryuu (25-1) Mar1Units:Le Légion de Kiserre (28 bat.)—one Legion is five battalions (unless stated otherwise) and any other attached units—1e Legion de Kiserre - M23- 6 Kuma MBT - 5 IP- 3 Suzume TransHeli - 10 IP2e Legion de Kiserre - M223e Legion de Kiserre - M24- 6 Kuma MBT - 5 IP- 2 Kakesu LiftHeli - 10 IP4e Legion de Kiserre - N225e Legion de Kiserre - N246e Legion de Kiserre - L21- 4 batallions7e Legion de Kiserre - M22- 4 batallionsTransport:- 1 AVT-24 Hiryuu - M22Navy:1e Task Force - L21- 1 Yoshikiri. frigate - 50 IP - 2 Ajisashi ASWheli - 15 IPProjects:Digital Communication/Computer R&D- 25 IP - April 10IP Total:P: 40+30+30+30+20+20+1=171C: 171-25=146M: 146-50-15-10-10-5-5=51R: 51-25=26misakaimouto

Edited by Kothra
misaka_76_banner_800.jpg

IC: Of the things offered for trade, the Varangians were especially interested in the helicopters, and they quickly accepted the generous Kiserran offer, scrambling to send off the first shipment, consisting primarily of iron and nickel, though potatoes were also included.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

IC(Kiserre/General): The order from Varangia was recieved: a squadron of Suzume helicopters. The factory in Ettare went to work, the order to be complete in seven months.OOC: So that's 10 IP for 3 helicopters. If you want more, just shout.

misaka_76_banner_800.jpg

IC:With the knowledge that Astaria was neither alone nor supreme in technology, the military's fears were confirmed. The Office Of War, which had argued for nationalized defense and been right all along, was given leave to go on with its first project; the office of the Navy's first ship, the Helbrecht.IR: Project Reverene: 28/60Helbrecht: 1/14P-8 has upgraded from a Large territory to a Small State.OOC: I'm confused; do military units take IP to support, or just to build?Also, Koth, some interaction on the beach would be nice.Wow that sounded dirty...

-Rover

OOCTo build and support. If you pay 10 IP, you pay it during build and afterwards when it's done. It's arbitrary and not too realistic but it's what we're rolling with for sanity's sake.IC incoming in a bit. As well as a, what, three week over due IP report? My apologizes for not doing more, I've just been really busy. Trying to figure out someway to breath some life back into this and get stuff rolling again.

Edited by Gaius Alex Humvus Augustus

voidstars.png

OOC: Because we're too lazy to do it any other way, the IP costs is both the construction and maintenance cost.IC(Kiserre): In the northern region of the islan of Kiserre, at the relatively recently established Kouro National Park, a military excercise was in progress. The Fusiliers Aéroportées were being retrained with new equipment: the airdroppable VCA-25 Kawauso weapons carrier, designed to provide fire supoort where heavy armour would be unavailable, and a new version of the F1 rifle with a collapsing stock.OOC: 1 group of Fusiliers Aéroportées training, complete on Mar10 (1IP).

misaka_76_banner_800.jpg

I would suggest that paying A fifth of the build cost for support would be rather realistic.Interaction is just about to start up now that we're all getting to the main continent, I think. So long as we keep this on the front page so no-one forgets about it, we'll be fine.

-Rover

OOCMore realistic, yes, but I don't particularly feel like adding that sort of math in this far in. I barely got this thing past Power because of all the math it had; making people do more steps is going get me reviewed by the judges.No IP report, but there is this;IC [Main Continent]The search parties, regardless of what they had done with the foreign parties, found the remains of their comrades; the bodies were neatly lined up, and further forensic data would reveal that there was no reason they should be dead. No wounds, no biological contaminants, no trace poisons. They'd eventually find out that it was as if all the major organs of the body simply shut down; no obvious reason why.[standast]Meanwhile, the Stans, realizing their military was likely pitiful compared to others, decided to begin a more vigorous international plan, representatives being sent out to all islands clear of the storms. They cared business deals with the various Stan businesses, which were broad and wide, as well as banking offers; the Stan banks were renowed for their privacy and security. Be it digital money or physical stock, they'd be able to keep it safe, and with a low profile.OOCIt was coming eventually.

voidstars.png

IC: Given the nature of Varangian business, the offers from the Standast banking firms would be declined, as the business model of Varangian traders essentially required that stock be kept on hand for trading, instead of stored away, as could be done with money.Besides, the idea of trusting a stranger with valuable goats seemed completely absurd.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

OOCSpeaking of goats...IC [Varangia]The Stan businessmen/women had other offers for the Varangians as well; goat populations weren't the largest in Standast, despite being rather mountainous, instead having breeds of horses that were toughened to the harsh terrain and climate. All the same, goats could be useful, if nothing else because goat cheese was well liked in Standast, and goat milk itself was rather healthy. So they proposed a trade of a thousand of their rugged horses for x goats.OOCThe Stans use almost entirely horse for dairy products, as cows aren't all that common and goats are more located in the random villages in the higher mountain plains and the occasional low-land farm. Replace 'x' with whatever sounds reasonable in Varangian, as since contact has been going on for two years or so now I figure they'd know how valuable goats are so they wouldn't propose something absurd.

Edited by Gaius Alex Humvus Augustus

voidstars.png

IC:Astaria, having only recently cleared of the storms, was bound to be noticed by any watching satellites; perhaps in their explorations, Standast would encounter Astaria?OOC: Having been isolated for millions of years by storms and geography, Astaria's flora and fauna would be similar to Earth's but unknown. Not a single identical species has naturally evolved there, and the most familiar thing is the humans who arrived just under half a million years ago.

-Rover

IC: Finally, the expedition to Europa (as the continent was being called) was ready, and a settlement was established near the military base. Geological expeditions went out almost immediately to explore the area and test for valuable resources.Meanwhile, the Capitol had become hugely prosperous and had reached a point of equilibrium where it could not grow any further but would not shrink.OOC: Are we allowed to choose what resources we run into on the continent or do you dictate that? Also, Settlement on I-17 and I-18 is now a Super Province. :w:

Edited by Lloyd: the White Wolf

IC: The trade of a thousand horses for an equal number of goats was accepted, though the Varangians weren't entirely sure what to do with the horses.OOC: SPOILER: Boil 'em, mash 'em, stick 'em in a stew.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

OOC: M22, M24, and N24 upgraded to Large States, M23 to Capitol State.IC: Kiserre (the government in any case), ever so proud with its military technology, decided that the wonders of their weapons should be shared wih the world. For the right price, of course.The Kuma main battle tank, Hyou and Kitsune personnel carriers, and the Suzume* utility and transport helicopter all recieved generous advertisement, but the real star of the campaign was much smaller. The Fusil F1 rifle, the infantryman's best friend. The weapon was advertised as being designed for use in the harshest environments (created for the mountains of Kiserre's north and the jungles of the west). Alongside the base rifle were variations of it, from the F1/A automatic rifle for supressive fire to the F1/B marksman rifle for picking off your foe from a distance.OOC: Blah blah blah, buy my stuff. I build the vehicles, then you take control and pay maintenance.*changing the Suzume design from the Bell UH-1D to the Aérospatiale Puma.

Edited by Kothra
misaka_76_banner_800.jpg

OOC: Hooray for selling important military information everywhere. Koth, shall we just assume that contact between us has been established?

-Rover

OOC: The F1/P was what was traded to the Varangians, yes?So, for military equipment, i now have access to-boats-precision artillery-sniper rifles-derigibles-helicopters-highly-accurate assault riflesAlso, my research projects on electromagnets and verdigris have concluded, freeing up 50 IP. What sort of additional IP cost, if any, would the Lynkrage have if I added verdigris to it?

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

IC:The Kiserrian government was contacted with a response to their offer for sales-one of each of the vehicles being offered for sale, and ten of each of the hand weapons. The payment would be in gold-the standard of the Astarian's currency, it didn't occur to them that other nations may not use it.

-Rover

OOCYo, Xom. I sent a manned space craft with a ****ton of cameras and such on it a few weeks ago, shortly after the storms cleared for you. Then I sent an exploration boat your way. Fair chance is that our peoples have been interacting for at least half a year now.

voidstars.png

OOC: Oh...IC:To the Standastian proposal, the Astarians gave careful consideration. Their currency, backed by gold, was strong; a few coins could buy a candy bar, while a worker counted himself well-paid if he earned twenty marks in a week. After a long period of deliberation and complaints from the Astarian banks, the Standastian proposal was decided against.

-Rover

IC [Astaria]An expected result; few governments wished to place their money in others hands. The Stans, however, knew that criminal elements would no doubt keep a close eye on their banking system, far from other nation's controls and secure enough to hold their ill gained goods. The other Stan businesses were still waiting for some sort of response however.OOCThink a lot of varied stuff; no real megacorps, but you've got your general goods stores like Wal*Mart or fast food chains wanting to open business in foreign lands.Meanwhile...IC [standast]Several reforms were taking place throughout Standast; encounters with this foreign nations were sending ripples through Stan society. Notably, their legal system was morphing; several bills presented by the Congress and Senate called for a more official police and judicial system, similar to what other nations seemed to have. Before having year long feuds over who was right and who was wrong, typically resulting in hundreds dead and much property damage, was viable. It kept the population down and it gave people a sense of due justice. Now, with possible enemies surrounding them on all sides, the Stans could no longer afford to be distracted by civil disputes; it'd take several more years for the reforms to fully take hold, but it was a step forward.Elsewhere the Stan religion was also going through changes, trying to adapt to the many religions of the world. The general idea was that the gods of other society's were simply different interpretations of the Stan gods, but it was creating many a theological debate all the same.

voidstars.png

IC: For their part, the Varangians were seeing relatively little societal upheaval, perhaps due to the fact that all business with the outside world was conducted, not by civilians, but through the Queen's government, and the information that reached the populace was fairly limited. As a consequence, most of the Varangians had heard little to nothing about the cultures that had come across the ocean, and little thought was given to the impracticalities of their religions or their ideas on the relative sensibility of the two genders.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

OOCOh yeah, and it's March 8th; one month mark for the RPG. Not quite as active or fast moving as I hoped, but people don't seem to of completely deserted this so long as we can keep it moving along slowly we'll hit the point of action and get moving again. In the mean time, Halley's comet.IC [Terra]All over the world, astronomers would be able to look to the skies and see a comet passing through. Not much happened other than that, the hunk of rock and ice creating some nice pictures and sights before it's orbit took it out of visible range. Some civilizations marked it as a sign of good, some bad, and some couldn't care less.[standast]The Stan military hadn't been completely inactive during this time; their research into composite armors was going well, and with much of their budget freed up, special op teams were beginning to be reorganized. Soon enough they'd have teams ready to be placed behind enemy lines, all while the Stan spy agencies were preparing for a mass movement into the known nations of the world.

voidstars.png

OOC: You always like playing the nefarious people, don't you?Just once, I'd like to be able to sit here in the Antarctic, sipping my tea, petting my goat, and just generally chilling on an obsidian throne, without worrying about wonky spies.The assumption always seems to be that allies are good, enemies are bad, and neutral people are probably enemies.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom