R P G: Stríð Karla

Alex Humva

OOCNot so much nefarious as much as 'we need to know where we stand.' Something similar to the Natsirt, but without so much 'WE SHALL RULE THE UNIVERSE'. It's doubtful you'll get many spies though, thanks to your policy of isolation. Trying to insert a spy into your society would be stupid because s/he'd stand out in a second because of the cultural idioms not being too well understood. We did do that cultural exchange program a while back though...Also, as a side note, is there embassies set up between Standast and Varangia?

voidstars.png

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

IC: The Aquileonese Embassy to Standast was not blind nor deaf, and they could tell something was up. Exactly what that was, however, they didn't know. Messages sent via diplomatic courier requested more intelligence personnel for the Embassy. This was quickly agreed to. Meanwhile, other spy teams were set up for deployment into non-allied nations.~+~Meanwhile, on the continent, surveyors hit on a large oil strike in the area. It was immediately contracted to a large oil company in Aquileon. As their needs were mostly met, they decided to sell the majority of it to other nations, setting some aside as emergency reserves for themselves.OOC: Clarification--we all know about each other now, yes?:w:

OOCIt's been far enough into the game that, yeah, everyone knows each other.Now, time for the spy game to commence!IC [standast]Large troop transport convoys were shipped out, heading towards the three islands closest to Standast. It was bound to raise eyebrows, but before the transports could be taken as an invasion force they turned, heading towards the central area of ocean between the four islands. There they sat, likely drawing the attention of everyone around. When asked, the official report would be that it was a troop training exercise. When asked more under the table, it would be some sort of mobilization. So while the nations near Standast watched this mobilization carefully, attention would be taken off the spec-ops and spy mobilizations.

voidstars.png

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

IC: The only response Aquileon had was to task its observation satellite to watch the transports. The attentions of its security forces were mostly aimed at their own job.Meanwhile, Aquileon extended a request to Astaria for the two countries to send embassies to each other.:w:

Name: Prince Itzli Citalli of the Black Crescent EmpireHistory: Two thousand years ago, the Island Nautlis Cortis was divided into Seven Kingdoms. Each depended on the other for survival and peace reigned throughout the land. Five hundred years later however, greed and corruption amongst a select few gave rise to a new force the likes none had seen before. The Black Crescent Empire gave rise on the smaller islands off the coast of the mainland and quickly spread like a wildfire, conquering all in its path. It wasn’t long before the empire stood proudly on the ruins of the old Kingdoms at the end of the Seven Kingdoms War; bringing an era of happiness and prosperity to an end, only to give rise to a new generation of cruelty and evil. For a thousand years, the totalitarian rulers of the Empire have laid waste to the freedom of its people in exchange for their own gain; whether it monetary, political, or personal.Throughout the years since the formation of the empire, a special breed of soldiers called the Wicked have stalked the now impoverished streets of once prosperous cities and towns, hunting those who would threaten the glorious and eternal rule of the Black Crescent. They are notorious, cold, calculating, and show no mercy in their constant hunt for traitors. Public executions are a commonplace, and a constant aura of fear hangs over their land.While its citizens suffer in squalor however, the emperor, currently Itzli Citalli, sits on his glorious throne in the capital city of Tsin’Vidali, or the city of gold. Dotted with magnificent skyscrapers and beautiful cultural landmarks, the Emperor’s Diamond greatly contrasts with the rest of the country.However, in the solitude of the southern islands, a new hope has arisen; a group of freedom fighters known simply as The Voice. They have proven themselves an adequate threat to the empire, seizing several islands from their seemingly unbreakable grasp. Once again, the war for freedom has broken out on the Island of Tears, dividing the country in two; both sides equally matched in weapons and determination. Only time will tell who emerges victorious; as the storms surrounding the island finally clear after thousands of years, each side is determined to spread its influence beyond the shores and into the world.Cultural Traits: The Nautlisians know much of suffering; thousands of years under the rule of the Empire have left them bitter and cold. They can be very aggressive when they want something, however, they do desire peace.Their artisans are widely known for creating beautiful abstract art, which can be seen scattered around all the cities of the Empire. The emperors palace was designed by many local artisans, and is considered a national landmark, despite the tyranny it represents.Location: Continent 16P3 - Medium State (Cavar Claliti) - ImperialP4 - Large Territory (Northern Country) - ImperialQ3 - Capitol State (Tsin' Vidali) - ImperialQ4 - Medium State (Cairn Taliti )- ImperialR4 - Large Territory (Silent Islands) - The VoiceR3 - Large Territory (Klatrin Islands) - The VoiceWeaponsWeapon Name: SC-56 carbineWeapon Description: Light, semi-automatic carbine. Uses a unique curved magazine loaded with 7x70 caliber ammunition.General Usage: Mostly issued to basic infantry within the Empire when other weapons are unavailable. Has been adopted by The Voice as a standard issue weapon.“Long Claw” [AA-45]- A newly designed fully automatic assault rifle. Uses high caliber 7x70ammunition and has an excellent system. Sees extensive use due to cost.Weapon Name: ZZ-28Weapon Description: Light, outdated machinegun used as the Empire’s solution to infantry. Uses a drum magazine loaded with up to 32 7x70 caliber roundsWeapon Name: ZZ-28T -Weapon Description: ZZ-28 modified for use on vehicles. Mounted for easier controls. Uses either belt-fed 7x70 caliber bullets, or a larger 50 round box magazine for extended fire.VehiclesVehicle Class: L34Vehicle Description: Outdated clunker tank used lightly by The Voice. No outstanding features beyond being a tank in the rebellion.Weaponry: 85mm cannon and ZZ-28T machine gunUpkeep/Build time/Build Cost: 5 IP for 16/5 daysVehicle Class: L45Vehicle Description: Heavier armored variant of the old L34.Weaponry: 85mm cannon and ZZ-28T machinegunUpkeep/Build time/Build Cost: 5 IP for 12/7 daysVehicle Class: L60Vehicle Description: Prototype tank used by the Empire. Is much faster than its predecessors and features heavier plate armor.Weaponry: 100mm cannon and mounts two ZZ-28TsUpkeep/Build time/Build Cost: 5 IP for 8/7 daysVehicle Class: UAZ-469Vehicle Description: A lightly armored transport jeep used by both sides in the conflict.Weaponry: Has the ability to mount a ZZ-28T on topUpkeep/Build time/Build Cost: N/AVehicle Class: HALLION Frigate Vehicle Description: Staple frigate used by the empire in small amounts.Weaponry: four 40mm guns.Upkeep/Build time/Build Cost: 10 IP for 1/7 daysVehicle Class: BAL-50 Gunboat – Vehicle Description: The staple aquatic craft used by imperial forces.Weaponry: one or two 40mm cannons for ship to ship combatUpkeep/Build time/Build Cost: 5 IP for 1/7 daysVehicle Class: C-45 Support boat Vehicle Description: A light support ship used by the Empire and The Voice. About as effective as a fishing boat.Weaponry: Mounted with four ZZ-28Ts, but has been seen carrying as heavy a weapon as a 30mm cannon.Upkeep/Build time/Build Cost: N/AVehicle Class: Sea Crescent –Vehicle Description: The flagship for the Empire. A heavy cruiser much larger than the average gunboat.Weaponry: two 40mm cannons, two 30mm cannons, and one 50mm cannon.Upkeep/Build time/Build Cost: 20 IP for 1/10 daysVehicle Class: Sea Lion SkiffVehicle Description: A small maneuverable craft used by small parties to infiltrate ships or travel long distances without drawing attention. Used by both sides of the conflict.Weaponry: a single ZZ-28T on the nose of the craft.Upkeep/Build time/Build Cost: N/AInfantry DivisionsDivision Name: The WickedDivision Description: A special group of troops employed specifically by the empire for controlling the population. Often are employed for missions behind enemy lines. Tend to work in groups of ten.Upkeep/Build time/Build Cost: 50 IP/7 daysDivision Name: The ZangrienDivision Description: Elite ground troops. A single squad consists of ten troops with a specific role, ranging from medic and rifleman, to heavy gunner and radioman. Squads work in groups of five (50 men).Upkeep/Build time/Build Cost: 10 IP/3 daysDivision Name: ZilrenDivision Description: Tank squadron. Protects and guides armor across the battlefield. Units of 100 men.Upkeep/Build time/Build Cost: 1 IP/3 daysICThe Keeper burst through the doors and into the throne room, carrying the massive stack of forms. Several fluttered off to the side as he made his way down the chamber to the Emperor's throne. He sat there, devouring the specially cooked steak provided only to the most elite. Panting, the Keeper set the papers down to the side, pausing only for a quick breath before bowing. Itzli continued eating, ignoring his presence, as usual. The Keeper coughed into his hand a bit to grab his attention from the food."Ah, Gretli." He began warmly."Milord, its-""What could be so important that you had to interrupt my dinner, after I specifically requested that I be left in solitude?""W-well erm..." He was always nervous in the presence of the emperor. His fury was no myth, or legend. Often members of the inner council were shouted from the room for even cracking the smallest remark at their Excellency. This would not be one of those times; the information was far too important. "W-well milord..." Gretli began again, a slight stammer in his voice. "Several things... Actually..."Itzli sighed, slamming his silverware to the table angrily. Gretli jumped as the loud bang reverberated throughout the hall. "Very well." he muttered exasperatedly. "Continue, before I lose my patience.""Oh, good! Well um... Let's see now... First off, the forms that you requested have finally arrived!" He explained, pointing happily over to the stack of papers he had lugged in."Oh good. All I have to do is sign them correct?""Yessir, no work on your part what so ever. Just find the appropriate form and-""I know how to sign a paper! By the five Gretli, do you take me for an imbecile?""Oh absolutely not milord! I would never-""Oh stop sucking up and continue. I have more important business to attend to that listen to you yap all day.""Yes... Of course milord... I apologize... Anyway, our treasury is up by 15% since last year!""Good, good..." Itzli murmured inattentively, reaching down for his knife and fork. "Anything else Gretli? I would like to finish my dinner."The Keeper's heart sank when he remembered the last bit of news left for his Excellency. He gulped loudly and tried to get the words out. "Well, you see um...""Well spit it out Gretli. How bad could it be?" Itzli chuckled, digging greedily into his steak."Um... You see milord... It appears some of our scouts may have caught sight of some possible Voice craft um... Leaving the um... Island..." He forced out, shutting his eyes and turning away out of fear."Good... Good..." Itzli mumbled, already beginning his next bite."Um... Milord?""Yes Gretli?""That's not good. In fact, it is very, /very/ bad.""What's very bad?""Several Voice skiffs were sighted leaving the island.""WHAT?! HOW COULD THEY POSSIBLY LEAVE THE ISLAND?!""Well milord... The um... Skies have mysteriously cleared... As predicted by the scryers…""The skies are clear? What makes you think I care about that! Send everything we have after those traitors! Do not let them escape alive!""Well um... Milord, they escaped several hours ago..."Itzli glared at the Keeper, sending a clear message of his intentions. "Y-yes of course milord! I will dispatch the cruisers at once!" Not wishing to incur any more anger from his all mighty ruler, Gretli scurried from the chamber towards the Barracks. As he left, Itzli sighed, turning back to his steak. At least now he could enjoy his warm meal in peace. He took the bite which he had cut from the steak right before his outburst with Gretli. It was freezing cold.

Edited by Alien Conspiracy

If you can't explain it, then it was probably an alien.

OOC: Going to assume that we've already made contact a while ago and can converse, just to bump this along...IC: The Aquileonese intelligence agency sent an agent to make contact with the Voice, offering to sell them military goods such as trucks, speedboats, and armaments. At the same time, a request was sent to the Black Crescent Empire for permission to establish an embassy there.:w:

IC: Leaders of The Voice have sent a letter of appreciation to the Aquileonese, asking for whatever arms they are willing to supply. On the other hand, the Black Crescent Empire has replied with a rather hasty letter, stating that "... We cannot tolerate foreign influence in our cities at this time due to insurgent presence, however we look forward to a time when open negotiations will be possible."

IC:

Prince Citalli of the Black Crescent EmpireWe regret to hear that you are having internal troubles, and offer our not-inconsiderable assistance in quelling them. It is to the mutual benefit of our countries to assist each other for the sake of world peace and free trade.Sincerely,Aquileon Office of State

~+~The first shipment of equipment was sent as soon as affirmation was received: land vehicles, oceangoing vehicles, and guns of all shapes and sizes were sent for the perusal of the Voice leadership, with a detachment of soldiers sent to guard it and an intelligence field officer to make the sale.:w:

OOC: Lloyd, If you're giving him anything that would actually matter, you need to build it first. Things like these fewIC(Kiserre): The Kiserran Union acknowledged the Astarian desire to purchase the military equipment. After calculating the exchange rate from gold to the Kiserran Maru, the Astarians would need to provide about 1000 kilograms of gold to match the price the Kiserran government would pay for the same order. The vehicles were painted a flat grey, standard for the testing versions originally provided to the Kiserrans years ago. Also provided were the standard, machinegun, and precision rifle variants of the Fusil F1, and the AF12 vehicle/support machinegun. MACL ATGMs were not included with the Hyou or Kitsune, with the Kiserrans expecting the Astarians to provide a substitue if they wanted them.---In the Kiserran military labs, progress was being made with a new type of armour, far superior to the steel armour of the previous generations of vehicles. This new armour that was undergoing testing consisted of layers of plastics, ceramics, and steel.---With an influx of recruits to the Legion, individual legions were expanded to 10,000 troops.

Edited by Kothra: Sweetroll Thief
misaka_76_banner_800.jpg

IC:

CHANNEL 37 SPECIAL BULLETIN

"This is Calti Istnati coming to you with this breaking news report." The reporter fixes several documents in her hands nervously, scanning over the information. "It appears that several armored vehicles en-route to the capital city Tsin'Vidali have vanished. The vehicles were suppose to check in at a station near Cairn Taliti several hours ago when the Officer in command at the location received this radio report." She glances offscreen as a pre-recorded message plays.

"This is AL-83 requesting immediate support! Armed men are trying to take control! Send backup-"

The clip ended, and Calti returned her attention to the camera. "While reports coming in are still sketchy, some witnesses claim that the armed men bore Voice logos on their weaponry and armor. The Administrator of Internal Affairs has denied this claim, stating:

"...The Voice threat is not large enough to conduct such a timed operation such as this. The vehicles were heavily guarded by highly trained professional officers; ready for anything that the wilderness down south could throw at them. The speculation that a couple of rag-tag men armed with outdated weapons overtaking them is far fetched and inconsiderate to our troops..."

"Whatever you say, mister spook. Anyway, that is all we have at this moment; we will bring you more information as soon as we get it. I'm Catli Istnati, and this is Channel 37 news."

OOCSo it was brought to my attention Xom stealth changed his profile from being on island 17 to 9. The map will be updated to fit with this, but seriously Xom, in the future, try to tell me when you do these things. Once I approve a profile I don't typically spend time reviewing it a dozen times over.IC [Astaria]Plumbing; such a vital part of our lives, and such a vulnerable one at the same time. Many major Asterian cities had their water pipes begin to burst, main lines exploding for no apparent reason. The end result was no running water for a good amount of citizens, though the system was still operational for the larger bulk of it's population. Enough to be a serious annoyance, not quite enough to be a serious problem.OOCNinja islands=Plumbing problems.

voidstars.png

OOC: I thought I'd told you. Bluh, my and my gawdawful memory.IC:The water system of most Astarian cities was nationalized and under direct government control, one of the largest parts of the Office of Provision. The large cities' plumbers worked to correct the issue, as the smaller towns, much more dependent on private business firms, encountered problems. Death by dehydration was of no concern, but Astaria was an equatorial area, existing in a state of eternal summer; houseplants and lawns suffered for the sake of their owners and pets.Meanwhile, on the main continent, decisions and discoveries were made; firstly, the Astarians began calling the continent Europa, after several other nations had done the same. The Astarian language had no hard Y sounds, lending the name an exotic feel for an exotic land. Secondly, the new colony upon Europa was found to be incredibly rich in the materials needed to make plastics. A plastic production plant had its groundwork laid, the cost of building a plant would be much cheaper than constantly ferrying the materials back to Astaria. Thirdly, prospectors discovered several small but rich oil fields on the island. Finally, military plans were laid-the island that was the center of the Astarian's colony was easily defensible to invasions from the main continent. Eventually, when the military budget allowed, the strait would be fortified on both sides, to defend from Europa-borne invasion.OOC: Nearly all the utilities-water, electricity, telephone access, and the like-in Astaria are controlled by the government, along with things like the steel industry, Oil, plastics, gold mining, education, and the like, are under direct control by the government. Would that make them Socialist?

Edited by cardworkMagician
That being said, thag thag thaggity thag thagness.

-Rover

"A memo was sent to Astaria asking if it would at all be possible to make a flying goat."

"The Astarians responded that making a goat fly would be trivial; making it land safely would be another matter entirely."

IC:By sheer chance, Aquilonia shared its name with a fantastic kingdom from Astarian tales of adventure fifty years old-a tales of ancient ages, swords and sorcery, black arts and roving barbarians. These stories had woven themselves into Astarian culture, becoming a cornerstone of modern fantasy. Thus, the Astarian people had a great many misconceptions about Aquilonia. However, these misconceptions were the beginning of an understanding, and the Astarians saw in Aquilonia a potential ally. The embassy was to be set up not in Astaria's capital city, Leano, but in the Star City of Assingne.Meanwhile, with the prospect of espionage a possibility, the Astarian government set up a countermeasure more effective than simply looking at one's eyes. The original party of humans who had settled Astaria had numbered no more than a thousand. Mitochondrial DNA, which remained identical from mother down to child, thus could only take five hundred forms in the racially homogenous Astarians. If, by some chance, a foreign nation shared many genes for looks-perhaps even the same odd eyes-with an Astarian, their mitochondrial DNA would not be one of the five hundred sequences, and so they would be spotted. Each government employee would be tested, beginning with the workers of Project Reverene.

-Rover

"A memo was sent to Astaria asking if it would at all be possible to make a flying goat."

"The Astarians responded that making a goat fly would be trivial; making it land safely would be another matter entirely."

IC: Some diplomats were sent to the Sultan's feast, the head of state of Aquileon being busy with domestic affairs.~+~A diplomatic embassy was sent to Astaria--as usual, with its complement of intelligence officers. These promptly set about doing normal embassy things, slipping into the course of their work espionage activities, such as identifying possible access agents.:w:

OOCThe Stans will be sending a few senators, a few congresspeeps, a few businessmen, to your feast.Be prepared guys; tomorrow, the month 2 event begins. To prep for it...IC [Terra]All over, the nations of the world were told to gather in Aquileon, specifically, the Forum building, by a team of Stan-Aquileon scientists. All members of the Forum, even those who had not yet officially joined, were invited, particular emphasis given when the invitation to the Varagians, as the team behind the invitations knew that they could be rather unresponsive when it came to things like this. But what was written on the memos/invitations was sure to spark attention from all who read it.The team had found the elixir of life.OOCWith that dramatic one liner out of the way, you all can figure out what's going on tomorrow. Expect many hard decisions to be made, and the said decisions to have some very profound effects.Also, not showing up to the meeting is an option but then if these guys really do have the elixir of life you're missing out. ;]Also mark II, I'd like to point out that all the humans on the islands came from an original pool of humans on the main continent, so if you looked far enough back, everyone would have the same mitochondrial eve.

Edited by Gaius Alex Humvus Augustus

voidstars.png

OOC: @Xom: Quite Socialist, actually. I assume there is still room for quite a bit of free enterprise in other areas, so I wouldn't quite call them communist. Or my understanding of how these words are to be used is wrong.IC(Kiserre): The Premier of the Union respectfully declined the Anitalian Sultan's offer, but sent an ambassador in his place.Back on Kiserre, Premier and his Council went into debate on whether or not to officially allow foreign embassies to be established in the capitol of Hitoshi.---On another matter, the Council was skeptical of the Stan claim, but agreed to send a representative anyway.

Edited by Kothra: Sweetroll Thief
misaka_76_banner_800.jpg

OOC: Alex: Eventually, yes, and Mitochondrial DNA testing is of course flawed, but no test is 100% accurate. Of course the second test is to check for the asterisk in their eyes, then their skin color, then all the other racial features...Koth: Some, but quite a good deal less than you'd find in any Capitalist country.IC:A diplomat-a woman of course-was sent to the Sultan's feast. Alexandra Kurink, who had been chosen over the others in the diplomatic corps simply for the reason that she had no known food allergies and thus wasn't likely to offend by becoming sick midway through the meal.To the offer of the Elixer of Life, it was with grim humor that the Astarians sent a team of two ambassadors and three scientists; immortality, if that was what was meant to be implied, was a myth. Even if the body could be replaced entirely, the brain would eventually wear down. Death was one of life's few constants.

Edited by cardworkMagician

-Rover

OOC: I sent a goat to the Sultan's banquet.@Alex: There is no official embassy as such, but the Varangians would likely be amenable to the establishment of one... isolated from the population.

We will remember - Skies may fade and stars may wane; we won't forget

And your light shines bright - yes so much brighter shine on

We will remember - Until the skies will fall we won't forget

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

The Slacian Union/Doing StuffIC:

The Slacians and Astarians had finally agreed to travel forward into the caverns. They arrived at the room containing the dead bodies only hours after the party which had split from the original Slacian group. The Slacians, not knowing that other people inhabited the continent at the time, took all the bodies and headed back for their settlements. That was, if the Astarians didn't have a qualm, or if another nation's people arrived.~•~The Sultan's feast was accepted, and President - himself left Slacia to attend, a Grizzly unit and a Polar unit sent to be his bodyguards.~•~Three of the Slacian Union's top scientists were sent immediately, along with a few government workers and guards. This was taken gravely, as if this was found, then having it in thw wrong hands would be detrimental.

This is a signature that describes me as a person. Lazy, dry, and overall just a procra...

*insert placeholder signature here*

IC: Itzli examined the letter again to ensure he had read it right. He chuckled folding the letter in half. "Can you believe this nonsense, Gretli? The Elixir of Life! Pffffft!""What is so far-fetched about it milord?"The Emperor paused as though he had no real answer to the question. "Well... It's... Why haven't I heard of it before now? I mean, I do know everything there is to know, correct? And I know nothing of this Elixir of Life.""You don't have a real explanation, do you?"Itzli hung his head in shame. "No I don't...""Then why don't we go and examine this Elixir? See for ourselves if it's fact or fiction."The Emperor sighed, picking himself up from his throne. "Very well, we will do things your way, Gretli. Pack my things, we're going to-" He paused to glance again at the letter. "Ah-quil-e-on... Funny name...""Yes milord; but what about the war?""What war?""The civil war that has been going for several months now?" "Oh yes that war! Tell the Wicked that they will maintain tactical command of the troops in my absence. Oh, and I should probably take a few of them with me, plus a few eggheads to examine this drink or whatever it is. Get to it Gretli."The Keeper rolled his eyes, stepping from the hall. "Yes milord, it will be done."

IC(Kiserre): The Council of Ministers began deliberation on yet another happening that had gained their attnetion: the civil war in the recently discovered Black Crescent Empire (which the Kiserrans shall from this point forward refer to as Blacress). The Kiserrans knew very well what civil war was like (though in their history it was divided between racial lines), and felt obligated to do something to help end it. The first step the Council had come up with was to get a group of observers into the Empire, either with or without the permission of the Imperial government. Then, based on the observers' reports, the Council would seek to take whatever action they saw fit.A formal letter was drafted, addressed to the 'Emperor of the Black Crescent Empire' asking if Kiserre could station diplomatic observers on their island, with the 'official' reason being to collect information to enable Kiserre to effectively aid the Empire. In reality, Kiserre currently had no plans to offer any such aid unless they decided later that it would be in their best interest.

misaka_76_banner_800.jpg

OOCUnless otherwise mentioned, I'm going assume everyone is present at the meeting. If you don't want to be yell and I'll make sure not to mention you afterwards.IC [Aquileon]It took roughly a month for the nations of the world to gather, but it would be worth the wait. Assembled in the Forum building, with the leaders/ambassadors of the world gathered together, the science and medical teams behind this discovery were mulling about, while their spokespersons were preparing to reveal this to the world.Soon enough it was time, the Stan spokeswomen coming up first. Testing the microphone, she then started. "I want to thank you all for coming here; we feared many wouldn't come because of the circumstances, but it would seem that we were wrong. I am Dr. Kabeth Grey, working for a medical institution that is working jointly in Standast and Aquileon. As the invitations sent out said, we have found the key to immortality. The 'elixir of life' is somewhat poetic language, but it's enough to get the concept across."She clicked a small remote, the screen behind her (OOC: Assuming there's a screen there) showing a video of some test subjects. "The Stan portion of the team has been working on this for over a decade now; upon meeting the Aquileons and beginning to share medical information, they gave us the key needed to complete the research, and test trials began nearly a year ago. It's a combination of chemicals injected directly into the bloodstream, spreading throughout the whole body and reversing cell damage. Old skin becomes new skin, wounds repair themselves quicker, the brain itself is healed from the damage it has received. So long as the subject's diet is adjusted for the increased energy requirements, this drug can literally turn the old young again, stave off disease, and even save the dying."The purpose of this meeting is to establish who will be buying this drug. The pamphlets given to you specify what exactly the terms are, but as a general overview, they are as follows. One, we hold exclusive rights to this drug; reproduction of it on your own is prohibited, with the Forum serving as enforcement of the patent. Two, we will sell to anyone with the money, be they civilian or federal. Those are the two main points, and you may read the rest in the pamphlets. Any questions?"OOCNow the great question comes, will you buy it? The prices are going be coming from the civilian budgets, not military, so no IP deductions if you do buy it.

voidstars.png

IC: The representative for the Royal Academy was skeptical. Glossing over any philosophical implications, the claims being made were, at face value, too good to be true."If you're going to expect us to believe that, we're going to need full details regarding the chemical composition of the drug, along with some means of verifying the claims being made."

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

IC [Aquileon]"Naturally. The test subjects, along with full documentation of their treatments, are located five kilometers away; your scientists and doctors can look them over. The chemical composition will also be available, though I'm afraid the manufacturing methods will remain undisclosed for obvious reasons."Then, to the Waalrussan, "Not so much mutation, simply repairing. The DNA is unaffected, the drug simply increases the body's natural ability to repair itself, making a few slight changes to make sure the body doesn't wear itself out doing so. So far the test subjects have showed zero signs of side effects."

voidstars.png

IC: The Emperor slams his hand down on the desk excitedly. "That sounds good enough to me! I'll take twenty units!" The Keeper shakes his head sadly and shuts off the Emperor's microphone, speaking into the one in front of him."The Black Crescent Empire will not be making any purchases until all side-effects are clearly stated. Thank you."

IC [Aquileon]"As stated before, we've noticed no side effects, unless you count a larger appetite as a side effect, which I previously stated. There is potential for side effects in the more extreme cases, as there is with all drugs, or if you're taking other medication at the same."

voidstars.png

IC [Aquileon]"I believe that is for the best; additional folders will be given out, with the specifics of what happens during the fixing process, if the delegates present believe them to be side effects as well."OOCThink some joint pain and the like for a bit while the body is getting itself back into shape.

voidstars.png

IC: A letter was sent back in response to the Kiserre's letter by the newly formed Department of Foreign affairs.

Kiserran: The Department of Foreign affairs regrets to inform you that the Emperor is currently absent on a mission of personal detail. However, we are currently in the position to accept your request. You may send a small delegation of advisors to observe our progress towards quelling this minor uprising should you see fit. Please note that we will be closely monitoring their activities during their stay, and will retain the authority to detain and hold them should we notice any threats emerge from your little investigation. We will send a transport to bring them to Tsin'Vidali at the earliest oppritunity.~Karrik Latli -Minister of Foreign Affairs

IC(Kiserre): A response was issued to the Blacress Empire, stating that sixty individuals would be ready for pickup by the time the letter reached them.The sixty observers were gathered in a town on the west coast of the isle of Akitane. Each of them had recieved military or police training of some sort, and had taken basic lessons in the Nautlilan language, so they should be prepared for most of what they could come across.---(Aquilonea/Forum of Nations): The Kiserran representative was still rather skeptical about the drug, but she ordered a dozen units anyway for testing purposes. If anyone wanted to purchase one for theirself, they would need to pay for theirself.

misaka_76_banner_800.jpg

IC: During the recess, the scientists were approached by a man wearing a business suit and carrying an attache case. He sat the group down at a conference table."I am here on the authority of the government of Aquileon." He said. "Whether to purchase any of your elixir is still being debated by a special convening of the Appropriations Committee, but I am here to offer you a contract with Aquileon. As you are quite aware, the Forum has no authority to enforce resolutions or patents. However, if you have the backing of a government behind you, then you have something to protect you from patent infringement. In return, we would request a fifteen percent cut of every sale you make.":w:

IC: "Out of curiosity, how long has it been since the drug was administered to the subjects? Additionally, does this drug have anything to do with telomerase-type enzymes?"The Varangian scientists were still skeptical, but the fact that they would be able to review the chemical make-up of the drug reassured them to some degree.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom