Dino Attack: At War's End

PeabodySam

OOC:

Plus it reminds me a bit of the relationship of Swerve and Septimus, and how I was a little disappointed to see the humorous, ditzy self-aware Skeleton Drone become his former Alpha Team Agent identity pretty quickly after he discovered his past.

I just want to add here that Swerve was, by nature, just as humourous and irreverent as Septimus, albeit less unfocused, and I'd like to think that this should become clear by reading his appearances in the ATRPG. I did my best to play up his whole "perpetually informal" thing here, but given that he had to go right into Srs Bsns Mode, I can see that it did sort of get lost.Now I'm starting to regret killing him off... Edited by Jackson Lake

-------------------------------------
bohrok_lol.jpg
Rate The Song Above You

OOC: Which takes place two years later. Even accounting for parallel universes, I prefer to keep my character deaths pretty consistent.I have a lot of theatre stuff this weekend, but I intend to try my absolute hardest to get my final post up by Sunday. I hope all you silent folk who've already finished your stories still have an eye on this thread.

bohrok_lol.jpg
Rate The Song Above You

OOC:Well, I was gonna say that he never would die as the Dino Attack would never have happened, but I realized that he would have still died, just some other way.I'll IC when I think of one that doesn't involve any character development.

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

(Literally, it means "For knowledge", but it can be taken as "For science")

OOC: You know, I find it amusing that my original plan was to end At War's End on July 1... and here we are, more than halfway through October, and we still have some ends to wrap up.

I was considering writing one last encounter between Snake and Plastic Serpent, where Solid Snake finally gets his due for everything he stole from Snake Plissken.
And while you're at it, the real Snake Plissken should come in and beat up agent Snake for being a shameless knock-off. Then Clint Eastwood and John Wayne come in and beat up Clint Wayne; Daniel Jackson shoots Barry Jackson; Dr. Strangelove stops worrying and throws a bomb at Dr. Strangebrick; Major "King" Kong drops a nuke on Cam O'Cozy; Trudy shoots down Cabin's T-1 Typhoon; and Lt. Colonel Bill Kilgore kills Rotor. All for being shameless knock-offs of the real thing.Really? The first two times, with the second time kicking him while he's down, weren't enough? You're really intent upon punishing someone for being a loving tribute, not a shameful rip-off, to Snake Plissken.I suppose part of the problem is that Plastic Serpent is Unintentionally Sympathetic, and no matter how many times you beat him up and tell us that he's a bully, we're going to sympathize with him simply because we've never seen Plastic Serpent act like the shameless thief. Take Grease for example. Rather than Grease being introduced by Rex and Amanda come in and beat the snot out of him, we actually see Grease act like a bully, and not just to Rex and Amanda, but also to everyone he meets. This makes the reader want to see Grease finally get his due because we've had some time to get to know Grease and we hate him for it. Nobody tells us that Grease is a bully; we see that he is a bully as soon as he's introduced, and it's his Defining Character Moment. Plastic Serpent didn't have that Defining Character Moment, and it's too late for such a moment to happen, because now, in the mind of the reader, it's fully justified if Plastic Serpent acts like aj erk to the very person who beat him up twice. That is my analysis as to why Plastic Serpent is Unintentionally Sympathetic.It also probably doesn't help that Plastic Serpent is based upon a videogame character that some of us may like, while Grease is based on a bully I know... and no one likes bullies.Although, I must say that I agree with Jackson Lake that it would be quite amusing if the original agent Snake from Dino Attack RPG's early days came back to beat up both your agent Snake and Plastic Serpent for stealing his codename. Probably not going to happen (what with the rule against using other players' characters after they leave) and it might end up being an OOC moment for Snake if it were to happen, but...
OOC: And that's a wrap.Woo boy. I'm still not entirely sure I like how I ended it, but I saw no other way, really. Though you can consider a lot of Zach's thoughts at the end equivalent to my own (sort of where I was going with it). I had a blast writing this big, epic story with you guys. It was good knowing you. Maybe we'll meet again in sequel Dino Attack RPG 2: The Search For More Money [/endspaceballreferences]. Or at least the Alien Conquest RPG. I'm thinking I'll head over there after a month or two break. I don't think I could stay away from my new found love or Play by Post RPGaming for too long.So yeah, that's the end. Or as far as I'll explore with Zach, Minerva, Vinyaya, and Zelda in the RPG. My characters will probably make cameo appearances in my brickfilms, but beyond that...I don't know. Fan Fiction sequel? I don't know. I'm not sure if I'll ever give these guys truly.I suppose I'll toss out one shout out to Mr. that guy from that show, who without trapping Dust in a temple and calling for help, I probably wouldn't have gotten into the RPG at all. So rock on, that guy. Rock on all of you.I think that's everything I needed to say. Good playing with you all. Like Andrewnuva, if something needs to be addressed, I'll show up, but this is it. Time to finish my wiki pages and edit those other, unfinished ones.Adios amigos. *puts on sunglasses and rides into the sunset.*
*slow clap*It's really a bittersweet moment, seeing everyone leave one by one. Bitter in the loss and the parting of ways... sweet in the memories that we'll cherish. It's been so much fun, guys. I'll miss you all. Good luck out there, in the mystery and adventure of the future that is waiting for you all.
This takes the place of an edited post.
A little late to reply to this, but I just found it so amusing that the night you posted this, I had not yet read your post. I laid in bed, unable to sleep, and was pondering about a number of things... including Pterisa. I was thinking about this comic that I wanted to do, a la "XERRD: For Science!", and it would star Pterisa going on a long-winded rant about an issue that bothers both of us. But one of the highlights of the rant is that Pterisa explains that most, if not all, of her sexual organs are reptilian... which is why, when I got up early in the morning and read your post, I had a laugh when I saw Dr. Cyborg telling Pterisa that her reproductive system was that of a Minifig.
Plus it reminds me a bit of the relationship of Swerve and Septimus, and how I was a little disappointed to see the humorous, ditzy self-aware Skeleton Drone become his former Alpha Team Agent identity pretty quickly after he discovered his past.
In honesty, I sort of worry about whether or not this is the case with Ben Gunn as well. I intended for the switch from the senile philosopher to the serious badman to be a jarring switch so that it would come as a surprise when his identity was revealed to Rex after delivering Dr. Rex's message. However, in the process, we lost so much of what made Ben Gunn... well, Ben Gunn. The senile Ben Gunn was fun to write and funny to read, and it's just not the same anymore. It was a necessary switch, in my opinion, but I cannot help but miss the old Ben Gunn.IC: It is true that Peter Abody was not exceptionally fond of parties. LEGO Island parties were generally the exception, but they were so unique and so different from all other parties that this was not much of a surprise. But most parties, which generally involve dancing, loud music, and socializing with others, were not something that Peter usually went out of his way to go to.As he adjusted his bowtie in front of the bathroom mirror, Peter reflected upon the reasons why he was attending this party. Maybe it was the fact that Shannon Grimton was also at the party, and now that they had finally put aside their bitterness, Peter was eager to see her again so that they could catch each other up on stories of what they had been doing for the past fifteen-or-so years. Maybe it was the fact that he was swept up in the post-war enthusiasm, so much so that even he could enjoy a party. Maybe it was the fact that some of the music at this party would be performed live by the Maraca Men, which was enough to make Greybeard eat his hat over his earlier statement that "Ye younglin's be not knowin' how t' party nowadays, says !", since even the elderly pirate enjoyed the lively music performed by the mariachi band.Peter heard a toilet flush, then saw out of the corner of his eye as a tall man with dark hair dressed in a formal suit jacket emerged from a stall, made his way to the sink, and washed his hands. As he went to dry his hands, the man looked up at Peter with an intrigued expression. Clearing his throat, the man asked, "Excuse me, sir, you wouldn't happen to be Alpha Team agent Frozeen, are you?"Peter blinked in surprise, but then nodded his head. "Yes, but I only go by that codename when I'm on duty. As it turns out, for the first time in maybe a couple years, I'm off-duty. Name's Abody. Peter Abody." While it was true that Alpha Team agents often adopted codenames to protect their identities, Peter really stopped caring about that since, if his identity needed to be covered, then it was blown countless times over the years anyways.The other man smiled politely and extended a hand. "It is an honor to meet you in person, Mr. Abody. Down in Antarctica, I listened to some of J. Theano's news reports, and he mentioned several times how you and other Alpha Team agents provided aid to the Dino Attack Team. Sure sounds like an exciting life; infiltrating Ogel's base one year and fighting prehistoric reptiles the next.""Just another day in the life of an Alpha Team agent," chuckled Frozeen as he shook the man's hand."As for me," the man introduced himself, "I'm not exactly a thrill-seeker... not in that way, at least, although one can argue that I seek thrills in another way. You see, I'm a writer."Peter blinked, interested. "Really? That's actually pretty cool! Maybe I've read some of your work... what have you written?"The writer smiled sheepishly, scratching his head. "Well, actually, you probably haven't read any of my work. I'm not particularly well-known in most circles. I have published a few short stories, actually... there's one about a Martian and a scientist who travel through time, and there's another about these four men trapped in an elevator... but I feel like I need to do something bigger. A novel. My magnus opus, if you will.""Any ideas for what your novel will be?" inquired Peter.The writer stroked his chin. "I've never really been fond of writing nonfiction... but right now, I feel like there's a plethora of inspiration just waiting to be explored in recent events. An epic tale about how all hope for humanity was nearly lost, but a brave group of survivors overcame the incredible odds and fought for freedom. Just imagine the sort of exciting novel that can be written... based on the Dino Attack!"Peter thought it over for a moment. "You know, now that you mention it, it does sort of feel like the Dino Attack was one big fantasy," murmured Frozeen."And while everyone in Antarctica followed the Dino Attack closely by listening to J. Theano's reports," continued the writer, "a news report is very different from a novel. In a novel, you're free to tell the whole story and get to know each one of your characters. When you read a novel... it's as though you're right there, in the middle of the action.""And you want to turn the Dino Attack into a novel," deduced Peter, "so that the world can get the full story, or at least an exciting adaptation, of what happened during these eight months. Of course, you're going to need accounts from people who participated in the Dino Attack war if you want to know the full story yourself, so that you, as the writer, can get a better feel for the events that took place and the characters who are involved.""Exactly," nodded the writer. "I'd most likely use some artistic license and maybe make a few alterations to the story and characters for the sake of drama, and I'd probably have to cut down on some of the overly-complex and confusing backstories that predate the Dino Attack if I want to make a pragmatic adaptation... it is a novel, after all, and not a history book.""Good point," agreed Peter. "And I suppose that the reason that you're talking to me is...?"The writer grinned sheepishly. "Well, yes. I was sort of hoping that I could interview you, since you helped out the Dino Attack Team, so I could at least have a starting point for my novel."Peter smiled politely. "I'm afraid that I don't know every detail and every account of what happened... if you want to know that, I'd probably recommend speaking to Dino Attack agent Andrew. I'll be seeing him later this week at the LEGO Island New Year's Party, so if you want, I can give him your information so you can keep in contact. But, I suppose, as a starting point... yeah, sure, I can do that.""Great!" grinned the writer. Reaching into his pocket, he pulled out a card containing his contact information. "If you don't mind calling me or shooting me an email sometime later," concluded the writer, "so that we can schedule our first interview... I mean, I think you'd probably want to get back to the party right now, so I won't keep you any longer.""Yeah, sure, no problem," nodded Peter. "I'll see you around - oh wait!" He paused before leaving the bathroom.. "I don't think I caught your name."The writer blinked in surprise, and then chuckled in incredulity. "Oh, wow. I'm so sorry!" As he shook Peter Abody's hand one last time, the writer introduced himself: "My name is Samuel Piaker."

OOC: I think it's worth noting that some of the people you mentioned there weren't expies in the usual sense. Clint Wayne actually doesn't have much John Wayne in him (though a lot of Clint Eastwood), with Barry Jackson it was more the idea of an army sniper character that I got from Saving Private Ryan moreso than the character himself (they really don't have much in common, otherwise Barry Jackson would predate Shaw and Pharisee in terms of spiritual characters), the only thing about Cam O'Cozy that makes him similar to Major "King" Kong was his riding the bomb, the only reference in Strangebrick was his name (may I point out that the original character was a wheelchair-bound borderline insane ex-Nazi scientist), and Cabin really only drew inspiration from Trudy's looks moreseo than her personality. By that rationale, John Mallory (both the original spaghetti Western version and my psychotic ax-crazy Hitler Parody version) should try to blow up Firecracker, the Pyro should try to burn Pyro, the Maelstrom should get assimilated by the Thing, the Demoman should try to blow up Demoman, Jack Crow should run a stake through Trigger's heart, Buffy Summers and Spike should beat up Buffy and Spike, Baldrick should come in an out-too dumb to live agent Baldrick, and General Melchett should have French Fries shot by firing squad.IC: Snake lit a cigarette as he wandered down the street of LEGO Island, in the faint distance, he could hear David Bowie performing "Let's Dance", but didn't give it much thought. Then he approached a large bridge with a framework made up of bricks, and there was a man he quickly recognized. Snake smiled keenly as he approached, but the man had learned his lesson from before. As soon as Snake approached the guy turned and punched him in the face.Snake fell to the ground, but got up after a moment, and looked Plastic Serpent in the eye. "You'll pay for that," he said as he pushed the man against the bridge-frame. Plastic Serpent groaned, but he got up and punched Snake in the face, Snake retorted by delivering him a kick in the stomach. He tackled him only to be pulled down and under. Next thing he knew, Snake was under Plastic Serpent, who grabbed him by the neck. Snake struggled to pull him off."Not so tough now, are you?" Plastic Serpent remarked. Then, at that moment, someone grabbed him from behind and pulled him off. The two men responsible proceeded to angrily bash his head into the frame of the bridge repeatedly, and then they picked him up and threw it into the stream below.Snake slowly got to his feet, and finally got a good look at the two people who had saved him. One of them was a tall, rugged man. He had long brown hair and an eyepatch, wore a black tank top over a pair of khaki pants. In fact, he looked very much like Snake, the other man also had an eyepatch, but was dressed in camouflage instead."I've been lookin' for ya," the rugged man said.Snake looked at him in confusion."Call me Snake," replied the man.Snake looked at him in further puzzlement. "I'm Snake," he said.The man who called himself Snake immediately grabbed Snake, twisted his arm around his back, and slammed him into the frame of the bridge. "The name's Plissken," he said.Snake grunted as he wrestled to get free from the grip of Snake Plissken, but it was no use. This Plissken was mad."What do you want?" Snake asked."I want you stop *^!#$+% around and trying to pretend you're me!" Replied Snake Plissken.This man's cussing sounded very strange to Snake, it was a word unlike those normally used by the average person, even himself.Within moments, Snake was thrown back on the ground, and Snake Plissken was beating him as hard as he could. When they were through, they opted to leave him there in the middle of the street."I guess that's taken care of," said the camouflaged man."Yeah," replied Snake Plissken as he lit a cigarette. "We did it Solid Snake. There's just one other thing I forgot.""What's that?"Snake immediately grabbed Solid Snake and hurled him against the side of the bridge. "This is for what tried to steal from me."Snake began kicking and punching Solid Snake as hard as he could, and then finally, when the man lay in agony, Snake proceed to force him to his feet, bash his head against the side of the bridge, and then throw him over into the river below.And now, Snake Plissken, his business taken care of, smiled, as he turned to the other side of the bridge and walked away.OOC: Okay, um... by popular demand, the first ever LEGO Island/Escape From New York Crossover.

Edited by Atton Rand

This takes the place of an edited post.
A little late to reply to this, but I just found it so amusing that the night you posted this, I had not yet read your post. I laid in bed, unable to sleep, and was pondering about a number of things... including Pterisa. I was thinking about this comic that I wanted to do, a la "XERRD: For Science!", and it would star Pterisa going on a long-winded rant about an issue that bothers both of us. But one of the highlights of the rant is that Pterisa explains that most, if not all, of her sexual organs are reptilian... which is why, when I got up early in the morning and read your post, I had a laugh when I saw Dr. Cyborg telling Pterisa that her reproductive system was that of a Minifig.
OOC:While I can't replace all of it exactly, as it was a typed-to-post kind of thing, not made in Word or something, in light of this, would you approve me replacing most of my post? I still say I was within my rights to make that post, as Pterisa is labeled as a Story Hook. I only changed the post because people thought it was odd. What I am saying is, "Do I have your approval to redo that post?"...What is this issue that bothers both of us?On another note, PeabodySam, I have read through the posts that take place in the Dino Island Laboratory attack. I had assumed I would have more choices for which scientist would have been Dr. Cyrista, but I only saw two. In that case, I would like to retcon one of the two scientists helping Dr. Rex get a DNA sample be Dr. Cyrista. Edited by avmatoran

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

OOC: Wait... Did...did PeaSam just step through the Fourth Wall? :oThis is actually my second-to-last post. After a few drafts, I'm realizing that it makes a bit more sense to address this bit of the story separately from the conclusion.IC: 12 January 2011"Hello, this is Leslie O'Neal. May I ask who's calling?""Hi...it's Dave. Is Dad with you?""Oh good heavens, David, you're all right! Where in the world have you been?""I know, it's been a while, but--""A while? Dave, we haven't seen you since your graduation, and it's been over a year since the last time you called us. We tried to find you in Antarctica, and it was just an exercise in futility! Let me tell you, that den of bureaucracy--""I joined the Dino Attack Team. That's why you couldn't find me.""I-- oh, well-- well done indeed. I admit, I wouldn't have expected it of you. And you made it out in one piece?""...Mostly. But listen, I--""Where are you now?""LEGO City. Some friends of mine are letting me stay with them until I get back on my feet. So to speak. This is important, though. Is Dad there?""Yes, he's listening. What's this all about, Davey? Did you finally meet a girl?""Oh, for crying out loud, Mom, I've already explained this to you. Can we please not go there again?""Fine. You'll still change your mind soon enough, though, I'm sure of it. But please do enlighten us -- what else could be so important that it would motivate you to talk to your parents?""I...I found out what happened to Sarah."------------------------15 January 2011"Hello, you've reached the home of Brian and Leslie O'Neal. We're unable to talk right now, but if you leave us a message, we'll get back to you as soon as we can. Cheers!""It's Dave again. Look, I'm sorry about the other night...some of those things I said, I...I'm not sure I was thinking clearly by the end of it. I'm not sure any of us were. So I just wanted to apologize, first of all. But beyond that, I-- ..oh, blok."Dad, I'd be lying if I said I don't blame myself for Sarah's death just as much as you do. But I swear, I did everything I could to try and stop it from happening, and I think we both know it really wasn't my fault. And don't forget that she spent all those years fighting to keep the world safe."I certainly know mourning's hard, but you're not the only ones hurt by this. Please don't forget that. Mom, the fact that I don't intend to 'give you grandchildren and a daughter-in-law' doesn't mean that I don't have emotions. Try grief mixed with survivor's guilt and see how that feels."Sorry, I guess I'm still worked up about this. I'll talk to you later. Love you both. Bye."

bohrok_lol.jpg
Rate The Song Above You

OOC:How did he step through the Fourth Wall? Also, I don't understand what exactly your post contained.Also, Andrewnuva, I finally played some of that puzzle series you mentioned, Submachine. It is extremely confusing, but interesting. Thanks for introducing me to it.

Edited by avmatoran

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

OOC:

How did he step through the Fourth Wall?
If I'm not mistaken, the writer who appeared and spoke with Frozeen was a direct and literal Author Insert.
Also, I don't understand what exactly your post contained.
It's telephone conversations between Hotwire and his parents. The issue they are discussing is the death of AT/DA agent Talon -- aka Sarah O'Neal, Hotwire's elder sister. You'll recall from my posts in the Maelstrom Temple and wiki pages that she was killed during the first mission in which Hotwire participated.

bohrok_lol.jpg
Rate The Song Above You

OOC:Hmmm. That does seem possible. It did ruin one of my plans, though. I was going to make a post that both repaired Dr. Cyborg's visor and inserted myself as well. Now I can't do it without seeming like I am copying PeaSam. I might do it anyways though.I understood that part, I just don't get how Hotwire goes from talking to his Mom one day, to it seeming like his calls are being dodged the next. The sudden jump can be a little puzzling.PeaSam, this author that may or may not be you, can I have him talk to Dr. Cyborg? I want to compile all of Dr. Cyborg's history in one place, plus something to do with characters that aren't mine.

Edited by avmatoran

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

OOC: Right at the beginning of the message he left his parents on the 15th, he made reference to a heated argument. We are meant to understand that this was what happened after the end of the section on the 12th, and that there has been no contact in the three days in between as both Dave and his parents cool their tempers.I cut off the first section where I did because otherwise, I would have had to give a recap in very fine detail of Hotwire's first mission with the DA team, which, while necessary in-universe given that his parents have no idea what happened, would have been entirely superfluous from a narrative perspective, given that we the players do already know what happened.Since there was no believable way that I could see to skip the exposition but include the argument, I left said argument as a Noodle Incident. Personally, I think it's rather more affective this way, but YMMV.My apologies for the earlier lack of clarity.

Edited by Jackson Lake

bohrok_lol.jpg
Rate The Song Above You

OOC: Err...

OOC: I think it's worth noting that some of the people you mentioned there weren't expies in the usual sense. Clint Wayne actually doesn't have much John Wayne in him (though a lot of Clint Eastwood), with Barry Jackson it was more the idea of an army sniper character that I got from Saving Private Ryan moreso than the character himself (they really don't have much in common, otherwise Barry Jackson would predate Shaw and Pharisee in terms of spiritual characters), the only thing about Cam O'Cozy that makes him similar to Major "King" Kong was his riding the bomb, the only reference in Strangebrick was his name (may I point out that the original character was a wheelchair-bound borderline insane ex-Nazi scientist), and Cabin really only drew inspiration from Trudy's looks moreseo than her personality. By that rationale, John Mallory (both the original spaghetti Western version and my psychotic ax-crazy Hitler Parody version) should try to blow up Firecracker, the Pyro should try to burn Pyro, the Maelstrom should get assimilated by the Thing, the Demoman should try to blow up Demoman, Jack Crow should run a stake through Trigger's heart, Buffy Summers and Spike should beat up Buffy and Spike, Baldrick should come in an out-too dumb to live agent Baldrick, and General Melchett should have French Fries shot by firing squad.
Yes, yes, now tell me. Did anyone happen to kill a RED Spy on the way here? Are any of these characters any less of an "expy in the usual sense" than Solid Snake is of Snake Plissken? No? Then why is it justifiable to not punish any of your expies and ersatzes while continuously hounding on poor old Solid Snake for being a tip-of-the-hat to Snake Plissken?Because by your rationale (not mine; I was simply taking your logic and applying it to the Dino Attack RPG cast to show why it is flawed), anyone who is an expy, an ersatz, or even a tribute to another character deserves to be punished for not being an original character.
OOC: Okay, um... by popular demand, the first ever LEGO Island/Escape From New York Crossover.
"By popular demand"? By whose popular demand? Mine? As I said, I was simply taking your logic and applying it to Dino Attack RPG in a way that dripped of verbal irony; I did not actually mean that Snake Plissken should beat up agent Snake in RPG canon. Besides, I thought "popular demand" was that the original agent Snake was going to come back to beat up the new agent Snake.As for the crossover itself... well, it goes against the whole point of having expies and ersatzes in Dino Attack RPG if the original characters themselves show up in the canon. I'd write a long-winded rant about this... except I already have:
However, if Rex meets a woman named Chell who just escaped from Aperture Science Laboratories, if Greybeard meets a mute scientist in an HEV suit who everyone identifies as "Gordon Freeman - that guy from Black Mesa who fights the Xen aliens and the Combine", if Sauro-Hunter runs into some guy in green armor who claims he's Master Chief, or if Reptile finds an Italian plumber who lives off of mushrooms and makes a living by stomping on Goombas and Koopas, then that's taking it too far. On the other hand, if Rex meets a woman named Chell who experiments with portals, Greybeard meets a mute scientist named Dr. Freeman who simply works in the Dino Attack Medical Wing, if Sauro-Hunter meets an Elite Agent codenamed Master Chief who states his favorite color is green, or Reptile finds a Dino Attack agent of Italian descent who used to be a plumber and is addicted to "shrooms" (heh, heh, heh...), as long as these are not the Chell, Freeman, Chief, and Mario, this is okay.As for the recently-introduced Dino Attack agents Pyro and Demoman, I could be mistaken since I have yet to actually play Team Fortress 2, but Pyro and Demoman are not specific characters in that game. Instead, they are the names of two soldier classes, each of which just happens to consist of a bunch of guys with the same exact appearance and personality. Pyro and Demoman are based off these appearances and personalities; however, since there is no single character in Team Fortress 2 named Pyro or Demoman, like there would be a single Gordon Freeman or Chell or Master Chief or Mario, then Pyro and Demoman are not directly from Team Fortress 2. Even so, I do not imagine Pyro and Demoman to look exactly like their Team Fortress 2 counterparts, to even further differentiate them from the videogame.And considering that toalewa850 had his character mention Halo as a form of comic relief (don't lie, Atton Rand and imperial officer - you two use comic relief now and then), I suppose it's alright. For example, Greybeard starts running around with a crowbar, and Sam Throramebi snatches it away, saying: "This isn't Half-LEGO!"The bottom line is this: as long as they are not the things directly taken from non-LEGO series, and are instead subtle or allusions, using non-LEGO series things are okay... unless I say otherwise. And you guys know exactly what would make me say otherwise - overusing and abusing this privilege. Try to stick with LEGO, but the occasional outside reference is okay.
I'd be hypocritical to have said all that, all in response to someone briefly mentioning Halo, and then let the actual character appearances of Snake Plissken and Solid Snake slide, especially due to the first paragraph of the quoted section.-----In other news, I figured that I'd let everyone know that, unless something new comes up, my next IC might very well be my final IC... and then I, too, will say goodbye. Edited by PeabodySam

OOC: As usual, I manage to miss pretty much everything of the finale's finale. :PI was thinking, and still am thinking, about writing one last IC backpost of doom to finalize some stories. If that happens, it'll be posted tonight- otherwise, this will be goodbye.I said this before, but it was nice writing all these stories with you.Perhaps someday I'll post more stories of my own vision of the LEGO Universe- which over the years has evolved and diverged from that of this RPG- featuring some of my characters. Or perhaps not- I never seem to have the time to write all the stories I want to tell, and I'm a little burned out on that universe.I'm honestly uncertain what my already rather comatose activity on BZPower will look like in the future- hopefully I'll be about every so often just like I am nowadays- but I will say this: should you ever happen to run across a "TC01" on the internet (or on Steam or other such services), odds are that it's me.See you all around?

current_events_sigbanner.png

OOC:It's been good knowing you for as short of a time as I have. [/electronichandshake] Goodbye, TC01. Might see you around, might not.Every person who departs makes me feel more and more sad. This is getting downright depressing.PeabodySam, I know you usually compile answers into a few long posts, but could you go ahead and answer my questions so I can crank out my last few posts?

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

OoC: Wow, it feels so strange reading all my friends here say goodby. I've gotten to really like you guys and I'm really going to miss working with you when this is all over.I'm feeling like I'm letting you all down. I still have work to do while most of you have finished. All you guys deserve better then having to wait for me and I am ashamed that after all these year writing I have not been showing you the same curtsey you've all shown me. What fallows is what's taken me so long. Remember how I once said that I would write a three part flashback featuring Pharisee's past. He's been a very compelling character for me and I would hated not being able to expand on his past. There where a lot of details about him that I wanted to explore and this is my opportunity to do that.Certainly, I had to finished his story too. He had somewhat of a breakdown after Trigger and Montoya and the aftermath should be explored. I needed to explore his psyche and pick at what made him tick and the only way to do that was with a climactic interview with the team's favorite only psychologist. I present you with an epic story of a fall from grace, Man vs. self, justice, morality, humanity, redemption, and faith. All in a little over 8000 words!Yikes! That's what I thought too. When the contacts of a flashback arc and the sessions of a psychological talk are all compiled into a single post it tends to get ridiculously long. therefore it has been divided into five parts. I Psychology, II Past, III Penance, IV Proclamation, and V Present. Brace YourselfA ridiculously long, incredibly Overdue, 5 part conclusion to the story of Pharisee and a revelation about Dr. Saran’s missing leg is coming.This is who Pharisee is.iC: Lego Island, March, 2010 PART I Psychology“Firstly Joseph, I want to express my happiness that you’ve chosen to speak with me today. Do you mind if I call you Joseph?”“I prefer Pharisee.” muttered the hulking commander as he awkwardly shifted in his chair. He hated having to answer questions, being the interviewee was an uncomfortable role-reversal to him.“That’s fine Pharisee,” said Doctor Saran as he took a seat behind his desk. He straightened his papers and reached over to ask the commander if he would like a cup of coffee. Pharisee refused and continued to shift in his chair. He checked a cheap watch on his wrist before turning his attention back to the present.“Nice weather we’re having today eh?” shrugged Dr. Saran as he gestured out his office window. A panoramic view of the lego island ocean sparkled just outside the window. Seabirds shrieked when the tranquil waters were disrupted by the whine of a nearby jet-ski.Pharisee did not respond, his gaze was not set on the beautiful sunny day but the dusty self of National Geographics sitting just behind the psychologist’s head. Saran followed Pharisee’s nine of sight to the dated volumes behind him.“Is there something bothering you Pharisee?” asked Dr. Saran. “Your mind seems preoccupied.”The commanders seemed to snap out of whatever world he was occupying. He would continue to take passing glances at the magazines behind the psychologist’s desk but now focused his attention on the doctor. Pharisee was now forty-two, although no one could see his cornrows beneath his always present skull cap, he detected gray hairs emerging. He was no less fit then he was three months ago, but with less distractions he was becoming more aware of his age. Commander Pharisee had not chosen to speak with the psychologist because of a mid-life crisis. It was the intensifying nightmares that had forced him to request a meeting.Pharisee had always had nightmares; he saw it as punishment for the crimes he committed. He had never thought of himself as a good man. Over his life he had committed many sins and he expected punishment for his actions. When the end of days came Pharisee believed he would burn for what he did in life. He had stopped praying for forgiveness because his the lord he believed in was not forgiving.As he saw it, there was nothing he could ever do to redeem himself. He had learned that years ago in that hellish Johannesburg prison of his youth. For twenty years he had lived surrounded be evil for the atrocious acts of violence he had once committed.Faith had set him free; faith had broken his bonds and allowed him to step through those doors into the light. For years he had pondered whether or not he deserved freedom. He often asked himself if it would have been better to remain in prison. It was true that his new found religion had changed his outlook on life but he was still as bad a man as he was before.He always would be. Since prison, he saw the people of the world as either good or evil. His time behind bars had thought him to differentiate the righteous and unrighteous. To his dismay, he soon found that many outside the walls were just a unrighteous as those inside. He knew good and evil and he had nothing to lose in life. His fate was predestined, he was beyond redemption, He could repent for his crimes forever but the creator would never forgive.If he was to burn for eternity, It was justice that other unrighteous men joined him. It was too late to redeem his soul so the crimes he would commit might not change his ultimate end. He had read the book in prison; he understood that the creator was an angry and violent lord. It was important that other evil-doors new that too. Pharisee frowned as he considered how to respond to Saran’s question. “I’ve been thinking lately. For my entire life doctor I’ve been so sure of myself and my duty. I’ve always known what needed to be done. However, since the war ended I feel less sure. I’m less positive about that path I should take.”Saran nodded. “What do you mean by that? I remember months ago you were so sure of your actions and confident in the choices you’ve made. What’s made you reconsider? Back In December you didn’t even want to speak with me.”“I really don’t know,” Shrugged the commander, “I was hoping you could tell me. My work has been suffering. I have not had a lead on Firecracker in weeks, I’ve been procrastinating going after Bishop for too long now, and I felt I went too easy on Snake back at Lego city.”“You feel you’ve lost you motivation correct?” asked Saran. “Nothing could stop you back then. ######’s fury could not keep you from chasing the likes of Snake and Trigger. Why was that?”“They deserved it,” Shrugged Pharisee simply. “I knew they did.”“How did you know?” probed the psychologist. It was a question that Pharisee had recently begun to ask himself. Previously he had a powerful gut feeling that had never failed him, he had not felt regret or empathy and he was willing to do whatever it took to stop those whom he considered evil.It had been a simple decision. Those he hunted were bad and it was as clear to the commander as nightand day. He had once learned to identify the evil but his skills were now failing him. Now, when he considered people like Montoya, General, and Sarah Bishop he felt less confident in his judgment.The commander sighed and shifted more in his chair. The doctor’s chair was barley large enough to hold his muscled figure and it groaned under his weight. “I am not a good man,” began Pharisee, “I have never possessed any dilutions of forgiveness for my sins. No matter what I do I will inevitably suffer for the crimes I commit on earth. I have lived with this revelation for years now, and I’ve always wished to be among those who live in the light. I know I can never be among them, I understand my actions are far beneath their standards of integrity.”Dr. Saran nodded his head. “What make you say that? I imagine that is quite a cross you bear. Surly you have not lived your entire life believing you were so unscrupulous.”The commander shook his head. “No, I remember how naïve I once was. I don’t know whether it was after my parent’s deaths or during my time in prison but I came to understand that there are truly evil people in the world beyond redemption. I believe I am one of them. So, speaking as a sinner myself, I can see the unrighteousness of those around me. I hated myself; I feared what my punishment would be in the next life and knew I could not escape it. For years I wallowed in my depression, it was not until after my release did I understand I still had a duty.”“Can I stop you there?” Asked Dr. Saran, “You keep mentioning your sins and the punishment you believe you should receive. Are those actions what put you in prison? What did you do that caused you to believe you were so far beyond redemption?”PART II Past“Back when I was I was a young man the war between the ruling Lion Knight reds and the revolutionary conservative Black Falcon was particularly bloody. My parents fought with the Lion Knights in the war of independence back in the late 60s.” said Pharisee.“I remember,” said Dr. Saran. “It was back in cold war. The communist scare was in full swing during the Black Falcon-Lion Knight war. The Black Falcons were violently opposed to the Marxist ideology of their Lion Knight rulers.”“I was loyal to my family,” Said Pharisee, “And by extension their political leanings. I had been taught as a boy to support the abolition of private property, and an education that teaches citizens to abide by a disciplined and self-fulfilling lifestyle. One might insinuate I was indoctrinated but even after spending twenty years of my life in prison, I still hold these beliefs. Even after the war ended I still support the Lion Knight’s policies.”“What did you think of the Black Falcons?” asked Dr. Saran.“I hate them; with a deep passion I hate them with my entire sole.” Said Pharisee darkly, “I learned to despise them at an early age and they have since done nothing to earn my respect. They were the ones that showed me the inherent evil that lived in the world.”“Evil?” inquired the doctor. “That’s not a word someone would usually use to describe a member of a different party.”“You’re familiar with the civil war doctor,” responded the commander. “You know that the Black Falcons and Lion Knights were not just ideological opponents but blatant enemies. I grew up in southern Africa, Mozambique to be precise, where the violence was the greatest. I knew what the malicious Black Falcons did.”Dr. Saran shrugged. “If my memory serves me correctly, both sides committed atrocities during the war. Massacres of civilians were committed by both…”“Do not lecture me on the acts committed!” interrupted Pharisee. “I lived in Mozambique for nearly my entire life! I never witnessed injustices carried out by the lion knights, in was the Black Falcons that were the sinful ones!”“Do you want to explain?” asked the psychologist. “The Truths we hold are often based on a certain point of view. What happened to you that caused you to brew such deep anger?”The commander hesitated. He thought back to the dusty day back in 1986 when the Black Falcon soldier had marched into his village. It was decades ago and a stark contrast to the beautiful day just outside the window. It was humid and sticky as the African sun bared down on the poverty below.“I was eighteen years old.” Began the commander. “It was the day I became a man and the first time I took a life. The moment still haunts me and I often ponder whether it was the wise decision to make. I ask myself if I did what I to spare another child the torment or out of a simple lust for blood. It was on this day that I started to question whether or not I was a good man.”The psychologist waited respectfully before inquiring the circumstances of day. Pharisee sighed before divulging the details.“When those Black Falcons arrived they carried with them a prisoner.” He said “I do not know the man’s crime, or if there even was one, but they had sentenced him to death. They had determined that the greatest humiliation would be to have one of his own people pull the trigger, specifically I child.“They brought him into the square and forced him to his knees. I do not know the bound man’s name but I recall he was old and decrepit. His eyes shown a sad hopelessness and I remember a said frown beneath his white beard. The Black Falcons gave a speech filled with lies about the Lion Knights before handing a gun to a nine-year old boy.Pharisee stopped and paused. For a moment Dr. Saran witnessed some form of emotion behind the commander’s eyes before it was replaced by his normal cold indignation. “They told this child to shoot the man. I learned the boy’s name was Yemi and I saw the fear reflected in his trembling hands. I knew this youth could not take a life and knew his actions would torment him forever. I child so young forced to commit murder would destroy his soul for eternity. That prospect is what made me run forward and pull the gun away.Doctor Saran knew what was coming next.“I took this boy’s place and I shot the man.” Said Pharisee. “I sacrificed my soul so this nine-year-old would not live with the consequences. I now tell myself it was to save this child’s life but in retrospect I’m not so sure that was the case. I wonder now weather what I did was an act of sacrifice or an act of sin.”“Are you ashamed of what you did?” asked Dr. Saran. “You saved this child from lifetime of hardship and bore that burden yourself. It was a brave act.”“That’s what I once believed but now I’m not so sure. I believe my actions were not driven to save this boy but something darker. I don’t think I’m a good man Doctor, this murder of an innocent man is but a small piece of evidence. I’m distended to commit evil acts, it is my nature.” Replied the commander sadly. “Maybe I did save that child but I do not think that’s why I did what I did.”“Tell me about what happened immediately thereafter.” Asked the psychologist. “How did you feel?”“I remember the Black Falcon smiled.” Said Pharisee. “The knight congratulated my parents for raising a killer before taking some of the boys of my village away. They left me behind as some short of cruel joke. They wanted me to be alienated; they wanted me to be an outsider among my family and friends.”“How did they act around you afterword’s?” asked Saran. “Where you treated differently?”The commander hesitated as he thought back to the day. “My family tried to comfort me. For a while I believed them and saw my actions as heroic. I had taken the burden of murder on my shoulders and spared a stranger. I carried the sacrifice with pride and saw myself as someone who could protect the innocent. I did not realize how the others saw me until much later.”The commander paused before Dr. Saran motioned him to continue.“The other families in my village stayed away. My parents convinced me what I did was right but I remember now the dark looks I received. The stayed away from me, they saw me as a murderer and for the first time witnessed what I truly was.”“Is that when you started to see yourself as a bad man?” asked the psychologist. “It seems you felt confident in your sanctity before you reached that conclusion.”“I was not until I went to prison.” Replied Commander Pharisee, “A year later the Black Falcon’s returned to my village. They were angry and drunk, I remember it clearly, and they spouted more lies about crimes the Lion Knights committed.”“Both side committed atrocious acts during the war.” Said Dr. Saran. “There are always good men and bad men fighting under a flag.”“I don’t believe that.” Answered Pharisee. Dr. Saran could see anger growing in the commander again. He fumbled his words and hesitated. “I didn’t believe that. I’m not so sure anymore, that’s why I’m here.“I’ve seen things as black and white for ages now. The Black Falcons were evil and nothing you can say would ever make me speak out against the lion knights and my family. I’ve always applied this to every two sides in a war; Astronauts and aliens, Cedric and Kind Leo, they have all have been very clear in their morals. I know the Black Falcons were the villains because of what they did to me; I’ve never seen the Lion knights commit an act of injustice to rival them!”“Tell me what they did.” Asked the doctor. “I know they asked you to kill that man. I can understand the suffering that caused you. What else happened that made you nurture such hate toward you enemy?”The commander paused. The sun still shown in brightly threw the window of the psychologist’s office and sea birds continued to sing outside. Teenagers called to each other in a nearby skate park and a cold breeze ruffled the curtains. The incident is what solidified his understanding of humanity. It had made him see that some were unquestionably evil and beyond redemption when others walked in the light. He had believed it as a child but what the Black Falcons did pushed the concept beyond any reasonable doubt.“The murdered my parents.” Said Pharisee, he said it sternly and with an arduous determination. There was a disturbing lack of emotion behind the statement and he continued to speak as if there was nothing special. He had forced the tragedy to no longer affect him. If was a barrier he created to avoid any signs of weakness. Instead of sadness he had allowed it to create anger in his life. He had never coped with the death of his parents, he allowed the emotion to wallow in his sole and use it as a weapon against those who he compared to Black Falcons.“They were drunk and angry,” He repeated, “Pathetic monsters walking the path of transgressions. They hated the Lion Knights and in revenge for some nonexistent crime we committed they shoot my parents. I escaped there attacks, so unfortunately for them, they would feel the revenge. They had made a monster out of me that day and would pay the price.”Doctor Saran said nothing. He only lessened and watched the commander’s countenance contort into fury. “I loved my parents more than anything.” Said Pharisee. “They comforted me when no one else would accept me; after I killed that man they never pushed me away. They only gave me their warm embrace. Those Black Falcons took that last comfort away from me! I had ever reason to hate them and that’s why I killed them!”The anger of Pharisee seemed to climax and his voice lowered to a near whisper. “I paid for it too, after I tracked them down and murdered every Black Falcon who had been at my village that day I was arrested. I deserved to be, what I did then was not some act of selflessness like that boy; it was proof I was a ruthless man, someone who deserved to suffer. When I was taken to Johannesburg to serve my time I knew it was a fitting punishment for a murderer like me. I was an unredeemable monster just like those men I hunted. I was no worse than the Black Falcons themselves. I deserved to die behind bars”Part III Penance Dr. Saran allowed the message to sink in. He had not realized that Pharisee harbored so much self-hated. What was strange, however, was how the commander could be in a righteous origination like the Dino attack team and still see himself as a bad man. If that were the case, how could he see the dino team as good when he saw himself as a blotch of evil? The psychologist considered what question might best give him the answers to understand Pharisee. How could he see his mission as virtuous when he saw himself as wicked? “You expressed confusion about people like Sarah Bishop, Montoya, and General. The dino attack team had plenty of villains on it, how can you be so sure what side is good when each side is filled with so much gray?”“I was hoping you could tell me.” Said Pharisee, “I don’t like living like this. I want answers doctor; I hate not knowing who is good and who is bad. Things were always so clear to me and now the line blurs. I don’t know what is right and wrong anymore.”“Perhaps it’s not our place to know.” offered Saran. “Do you think we have the right to judge others?”The question took the commander off guard. Many times he had been asked to justify his actions but his response had always been about his power in the law, not the inherent morals of a human being. “I have nothing to lose.” Said Pharisee. “I’m doomed anyway. In prison I found faith, I found a book that answered the questions I had. The creator is angry and a lord of war. He is not forgiving and my pleadings for forgiveness mean nothing to him. I have been cast from the creator’s sight, and I will burn for the things I’ve done. Nothing I can do will ever redeem me. My ultimate fate will be the same and the things I do in life will not change anything. ”“Were you released because you found faith?” asked the psychologist.“The officers at my parole hearings determined I was regretful enough of my crimes to be released.” Said Pharisee. “I am not sure I agree with them but after twenty years it was determined I had the right to freedom. This book I found set me free, it made them see I lamented my sinful ways. In 2008 I was set free after twenty years behind bars.”“And you don’t think you deserved it?” asked Saran.“No,” replied Pharisee. “I don’t. I do not believe I was reformed, my time in prison did not change the man I was. I was a murderer with a rotten sprit and nothing could change that. For my punishment to be revoked was an injustice. I deserved to die and I was released simply because of some book I found!”“So you still felt guilty after your release?” asked the psychologist. “That was about three years ago correct?”“Yes.” Responded Pharisee. “It was 2008 and I did not know what to do with my life. I was lost and I knew I had no one to turn to.Saran was starting to realize that the commander still maintained a focus on the magazines behind him. Pharisee had continuously analyzed them since the beginning of the conversation. The distraction intrigued the doctor and he spun around to pull some of the yellow volumes off the shelf“What’s troubling you Pharisee.” Asked Dr. Saran softly. “You’re talking about very powerful moments in your life. You don’t see very emotional, you seem distant.”The commander shrugged. It was not necessarily a response but more a means of avoiding the question. He looked out the window before acknowledging the National Geographics on the desk in front of him. He casually flipped through the glazed pages of the volumes as he continued to speak.“I felt my release was wrong.” Said Pharisee without looking up. “I deserved to rot for the murders of those Black Falcons. I was freed simply because of this book I found and the remorse I felt. I did not earn the right to be free and I knew that whatever I did for the rest of my life would be meaningless in changing my fate.”“You were depressed weren’t you?” Said Dr. Saran. “Were you suicidal?”“I was in a very dark place,” said the commander. “But I feared death.”The commander had withdrawn an old magazine from the stack. The cover photo was of Egypt and Hotep III. Pharisee shifted through the pages absent mindedly as Saran pointed at the photos.“What is it Pharisee, that is so interesting about my magazines?”The commander shook his head. “I don’t know, I suppose I like to read. I like to read about people and the things they do. When I worked with the Dino Team I read a lot of files on the agents there. It helps me feel more secure I suppose when I know about people. I don’t like secrets and I hate not having answers.”“Would you call yourself curious?” inquired the psychologist“I suppose I might be.” Answered Pharisee. “I never really was concerned with what was going on when I was in prison. All that concerned me was the contents of the book. It enlightened me to things I was not able to comprehend. It was not until I was released did I realize what I missed. The war with the Black Flacons was long over and attacks where happening on Mars. So much had changed and I wanted to know what had become of the world.”“What made you start chasing the unrighteous then?” asked the doctor.“I felt insignificant; I had no meaning to my existence.” Said Pharisee. “When I walked out the doors I knew that nothing I did could change the man I was. I had nothing then; no money, no contacts, no transportation. All I wanted was to get away; I wanted out of Johannesburg, I wanted out of Southern Africa.”Pharisee looked through the pages of the national Geographic. The psychologist motioned to the magazine.“I picked that up in Antarctica.” He said. “I’ve been carrying it around in my suitcase for the entire war. Apparently the cover story is about a man who was served on the team during the Adventures’ island campaign. I did not realize the connection until after he died however.”Pharisee flipped through the pages of the volume. Past faded photos of Vikings, Tine Turbos, and Mythical Creature he spotted the story of an archeologist and his young prodigy. The man was in his late twenties and sported a black outback hat. The professor was undeniably Charles Lightning, an esteemed explorer who became famous after his exploits in Egypt back when Pharisee was in prison.The young archeologist looked familiar. Pharisee never forgot a face and the hat was quite recognizable. The article informed him that his name was Gahiji Thutmose. It rang no bells for the commander.“This man who served on the dino team, did he perchance use the name Dust?” wondered the commander.Saran nodded his head. “That is indeed what he called himself. Do you know him?”Pharisee seemed distant. His mind went back to the day in 2008 when he had stepped out the doors on the Johannesburg prison. Lost and filed with a sense of hopelessness he had wondered to a nearby bus stop where he had encountered an Arab man wearing a worn out black safari hat.

PART IV Proclamation It was hot back in 2008, Joseph St. John had turned forty a week before but he felt far older. Prison had taken twenty years of his life away but it felt more like an eternity. He had grown strong behind bars, an image of physical perfection. He was not aggressive but he was no less feared and respected for his incredible power. Joseph had become mighty but he did not feel happiness or freedom.He stood under the South African sun contemplating how to continue with his life. He had nothing to live for anymore, his family was dead and all hope in his future had depleted. He was a sinful man and he deserved punishment for his crimes. Somehow his new found enlightenment had been enough to break his bonds but his soul did not feel free.He had killed men, an atrocious act beyond all forgiveness. The book had taught him he would burn for his crimes and that he could expect no mercy from his creator. What could Joseph do if his fate was already set in stone?He deserved to suffer; he deserved to pay the price for his crimes. If prison would not give him what he deserved he would have to finish the job himself. He glanced up at the buildings around him, it would not be heard to throw himself from one and end it all.But he was afraid; he knew what would wait in the life beyond. The most Joseph could do was prolong that fate. Cries of redemption would be ignored; he had read what punishment sinners like him would receive.He stepped under the shade of the bus stop. Without any plans for what to do in life leaving Johannesburg felt like the only thing to do.A man stepped out of the shadows of an alleyway. Pharisee tensed as the man approached and turned his hands to fists. He had learned to expect violence in prison and prepared for a fight. Joseph had nothing of value but the newcomer did not know that. If he was to be mugged, the stranger was in for an unpleasant surprise.Instead the man stopped a respectful distance away. He smiled in a friendly manner before reaching into his jacket.Joseph held out his hand. “Please, be careful sir. I would hate for you to lose your fingers.”The Arab chucked. “Relax,” he pulled aside the jacket revealing a collection of cheap watches. “I was only going to ask if you wanted some merchandise.”Joseph shook his head. “Do I look like I have any money? Besides I have no intentions of dealing with a con man like you.”“My name is Dust by the way.” Said the arab. He closed his jacket and took a seat on the bench. “You just got of prison. I could understand if you don’t want to get involved in an unsavory figure like myself. After all, you made parole; you’ve earned the right to return to society!”The insinuation suddenly made Joseph uncomfortable. The sudden assumption about his morality created unfortunate implications in his mind. It opened a whole new dialoged that he was unprepared for.“I am a sinner Mr. Dust.” said Joseph slowly “I am not a righteous man but and I do not wish to step deeper into the darkness.”“Yet your out here in the light!” exclaimed Dust as he motioned to the sun above them. “You must have done something right!”“I found my faith.” Responded Joseph as he looked down. “I know what fate awaits me.“So you’re a villain then? Why not indulge yourself?” replied Dust. “Go out and be bold. Perhaps you would like to start with buying one of my watches?”Joseph growled. He rose to his feet and towered over the Egyptian con-man. “Perhaps I should start by beating a low-life like you. Maybe you have a point. I do have nothing to lose. They called me Pharisee in prison Mr. Dust, it was because I had a low tolerance for those who disrespected the law. I assure you, I am a force to be reckoned with.”“Well how far would you go then?” asked Dust. “You said your soul is at risk. Would attacking someone like me cement your fate?”“I would not worsen it.” Growled Joseph.“Well there you go!” exclaimed Dust as he spread his arms wide. “You’re a bad guy! Who better then you to go after other bad guys! You have nothing to lose; perhaps you should hit me and drag me over to the prison across the street. I’m sure they would love to have you back!”Joseph reached forward and grabbed Dust by the neck. He pushed his head hard against the glass panel surrounding the bus stop. Before Joseph had chance to speak a thin knife appeared at his chin. He gulped in surprise as Dust raised an eyebrow.“You have anger issues.” He said. “Perhaps something you should work on. Did you consider that perhaps I’m selling these watches to care for my pregnant wife or send a child to college? You don’t ask any questions, you just act. That will get you into some dangerous situations, I assure you that.”“I know what you are.” Whispered Joseph as he stepped away.“I know who you are.” Responded Dust. “You’re impulsive, judgmental, and live in some sort of black and white reality. I got news for you; we’re all a different shade of black. Everyone on this planet is self-centered and back stabbing. They won’t admit it but they are. If you judge everyone the same way you judged me, you’re going to get yourself hurt. No one can live up to biblical standards; you can’t hunt down everyone who you consider less then saintly. Trust me Pharisee, everyone is.”“Why not?” asked Joesph. “Why not spent what time I have expelling the evil doors? I’m not a good person; I should let other like me know what awaits them.” “You’re going to sound like a hypocrite you know.” Mused Dust as he fiddled with the point of his knife. “What gives you the right?”“I know what evil is.” Said Pharisee, “I escaped my punishment, I won’t allow others to escape theirs.”“Well kudos to you then.” Smiled Dust. “More power to you. It’s a futile mission however, I hope you beat the ###### out of as many people as you see fit.”Joseph St. John shook his head. “I’m not a good man, I have no future. Other good people do, and I can make it better for them by removing the unrighteous from their path.” The Egyptian shrugged before rising from his seat and rubbing the back of his head. “Well you sure showed me a lesson.” He reached into his coat and pulled out two watches that he quickly tossed to Joseph. “Use one to keep track of the time you’ll waste. It’s a vain undertaking, no one is perfect, and we’re all sinners.”Joseph inspected the watches. They we’re clearly knock-offs and certainly quite cheap. Some might be fooled by their shimmer but he had learned to identify shams behind bars. They looked nice but close inspection would identify what they truly were. “People are either good or evil Mr. Dust. Righteous or unrighteous, this book I read taught me that.”Dust chuckled. “Only a Pharisee like you would deal in absolutes. I’m not going to pretend to know your religion but I do think you should read between the lines. There is more in your book then what is written. I hope you figure that out one day.”Pharisee did not respond. He glanced down at the two cheap watches in his hand. “What am I supposed to do with this other one?”“Use it to by a bus ticket.” Shrugged Dust. “Think of it as an investment. You say you’re a bad man anyway, what harm can selling a stolen watch do?”At the moment a rusty bus pulled up to the bus station where Joseph and Dust stood. The dour opened and the driver motioned for them to board. Joseph hesitated and looked back at Dust before stepping up. In his fingers was the watch. Dust was right he was a bad man, inherently so, whatever he did would not change who he was inside. Conning this driver would be the last unrighteous thing he did. Henceforth he would tarnish his spirit in a different manner. He would might monsters, and he would sacrifice himself to do so.As he held up the glistening watch before the bus drivers eyes the doors closed behind him. He turned back and Dust smiled. He hoped to prove him wrong one day, he hoped to find good people in the world but something deep down told him the Egyptian was right. His standards were too high for anyone.

Part V Present He looked at Gahiji Thutmose’s face in the magazine and then down at the cheap watch still around his wrist. How much time had he wasted? He had met plenty of bad people in the dino attack team but he had also met some gray. What about Andrew, Zachary, and Rex? Where they as good as he believed they were? Doctor Nicholas Saran listened intently as Pharisee finished his tail. It was apparent to the Psycologist what was causing the commander distress. After the events of the dino attack he was stating to believe what Dust had said. A black and white sense of morality was unhealthy and unrealistic. It was remarkable how someone could live as long as Pharisee without having some sort of mental breakdown.Honestly, Saran was concerned with Pharisee’s safety. The commander hated himself more than the psychologist could imagine. When a person believed they had nothing to live for they did not see themselves accountable for their actions. Pharisee had continued to spend his days doing things that were morbid because he felt they would have no consequences.When he had asked earlier if the commander was suicidal Pharisee had responded that he feared death. Saran believed he was sincere in faith but he had neglected to give a straight answer. Pharisee exhibited the symptoms of depression, well he was effective in his job he was antisocial and exhibited little joy. As a psychologist he had experience treating people like Pharisee, it was the commander’s ideals that complicated the mater.“Commander,” began Dr. Saran. “You say people are either good or bad. Would you mind telling me what you think of some members of the team?”“I can tell you what I witnessed.” Sighed Pharisee, “But I’m not so sure anymore.”“Well that’s good.” Said Saran. “I’m glad you’re asking questions. It mean’s your willing to accept your fallibility. It’s important to remember that we all are capable of mistakes. It’s dangerous to assume you can’t make mistakes.”The commander shifted in his chair but nodded his head in half-hearted agreement.“What was your opinion about elite agent Rex?” asked Saran. “We were both there during his last moments. Did that provide you with any insight to his character?”“He was a good man,” Replied Pharisee without hesitation, “He sacrificed his creative spark to kill Dr. Rex. It was a selfless action for the good of the entire world.”“I won’t deny that Rex was a hero and I in no mean disrespect his memory by saying this.” Said Dr. Saran. “But I’ve had the pleasure of speaking with him on a few occasions. You remember how Dr. Rex attacked elite agent Fire Cracker in the prison complex? Although I’ll admit he had it coming I certainly would not call that sort of assault civil would you?”Pharisee shook his head. “Evil was paid onto evil. The action was just.”Saran shrugged and scribbled a note on his legal pad. “Okay. What do you think about elite agent Zachary?”“Zachary is also a good person.” Said Pharisee, the commander responded just as quickly but sounded less confident. “During the final battle he distinguished himself in combat and was a natural leader.”“But he still had parts of the maelstrom in him.” Countered Dr. Saran, “He was violent. At the temple he killed a XERRD scientist in cold blood. He killed dozens of agents as a stromling. Even before then he was responsible for the death of agent Scratch and he associated with a kleptomaniac. I’m not going to say that Zachary was bad but would you attribute his actions to an honest man?”Pharisee said nothing. He looked down at his watch and then at the photo of Dust still on the table.“Am I making you uncomfortable?” asked Dr. Saran. “If that’s the case then I apologize. You’re rethinking the beliefs you’ve held for your entire life. This can be a scary thing but I’m here to help you.”“I just don’t understand.” Muttered the commander, “The book I read in prison said that there were only two kinds of people. Righteous and unrighteous how can anyone fall between? ““I’m not going to go against what you read in the book Pharisee.” Said Saran. “Clearly your faith is strong. That’s not necessarily a bad thing but when it dominates your entire life it can cloud your judgment. Has it occurred to you that you could be misinterpreting the meaning of the texts?”Pharisee shook his head. “I’ve had twenty years to find the truth doctor. I think I have a strong enough understanding to know the difference between good and evil.”“I’m not going to pretend to be a theologian Pharisee.” Shrugged the doctor, “But if I recall correctly people are capable of salvation. There are many who have redeemed themselves over the course of their lives. Even in that book you speak of.”Pharisee did not appear convinced.“And what about forgiveness?” asked Dr. Saran. “I don’t believe the creator is as vengeful and angry as you make him out to be. Look outside the window Pharisee, do you see the people surfing and the wonderful day outside. The sun is shining and the planet is happy!”“How can you say that?” demanded Pharisee. “Look at your leg! The creator punished you for your past transgressions! Can’t you see that?”The doctor smiled and rose from his seat behind the desk. The prosthetic limb followed him awkwardly as he stepped beside the window of his office.“Not everything is an act of the creator. There is such a thing as bad luck. I lost my leg to a particularly nasty shark off the LEGO island shore. Do I blame some higher power? No, I blame myself for being foolish enough to go swimming after eating.”“But where you not angry?” inquired the commander. “Did you not blame the creator for your misfortune?”“Of course I was at first.” Said Dr. Saran. “But over time I saw that our creator was not that petty. We don’t live in world subject to some sadistic builder; we live in a world filled with life and creation. If the builder was as unforgiving as you say he is how could the likes of Zachary and Rotor find redemption after the crimes they committed.”“I don’t want all your analysis doctor, I just want answers!” growled the commander. “What I want is how to think about Montoya and Sarah! I just want to get back to my life, not reevaluate it!” “Well I’m afraid you came to the wrong person Pharisee.” Frowned the psychiatrist. “There are no easy answers to you questions. I’m not around to justify the things you do, I’m here to help you overcome your challenges and better understand yourself- not others. Pharisee seemed annoyed as he rose from his seat quickly. He did not want to understand the people he chased; it only made his job harder and challenged the things he believed. He just wanted to the statuesque to continue, not have it be unhinged.Saran limped over to the commander and reached up to place a hand on his shoulder. “Pharisee, I’m disappointed in you. I thought you were a curious and intelligent man but the moment you are confronted with a challenge you run away. You’ve chased some of the most rotten scum I can imagine but you can’t confront yourself? “I just want to do my job.” Grumbled Pharisee “It’s all I have. It’s all that matters.”“But are you happy?” inquired Saran as he rose an eyebrow. “Do you feel any joy? I’m trying to show you there is more to this world then tragedy. You have the potential to live a good life if you could only see you’re not so wicked! You can never be happy if you can’t grasp the good you’re capable of!”“But I’ve done so many bad things.” Said Pharisee as he looked down. “I killed that man and I murdered those Black Falcons. How can I continue after the evil I’ve done?”“No one is beyond redemption Pharisee.” Said Saran. “The problem is you’ve given up. How do expect to turn your life around when you keep wallowing in the past? Those events don’t define who you are.”Pharisee considered what was said. He wondered whether he deserved to be happy. He had spent many nights wishing he was still in that Johannesburg serving his time. He had always considered his release as a cruel irony. He had been cast out into the world with no hope and no future. Now Saran was saying he was capable of being a moral man.He looked down at the cheap watch Dust had given him. How much time had he wasted judging others? For three years he had chased the unrighteous all because of his own complex stigma. Perhaps more could be achieved in this life than simply chasing the wicked. Why had he given up trying to save himself?Seeing someone as a shade of gray in his black and white world still challenged him, he could not begin to grasp there was something more than those two absolutes. There was nothing unhealthy about a strong set of morals, Pharisee certainly had those. It was how he used them that brought him down the path he walked today.“I could have been somebody.” Said Pharisee. “I don’t believe I’m a good person doctor, what you say cannot change how I see myself now. How is it that some can chose a righteous path when I cannot? What makes it so hard for me?”“It’s because you don’t believe in your potential.” Replied Saran. “You don’t believe you’re capable of doing right. You have the conviction commander, you have the judgment. All you lack is the spirit.”He looked down at the minute hand as it ticked around the perimeter of the dais. Time reflected what path he had chosen. Instead of path that led to redemption he had chosen one that carried him further from the light.“I’m a monster.” Said Pharisee. “That’s what I’ve become. I believed I was incapable of anything else and I accepted the fate I thought I deserved. I don’t want to be that person.”He turned to the psychiatrist and held out his massive callused hand. “I think it’s best that I leave Doctor Saran. I don’t believe I can enforce the law anymore; it would be hypocritical to do so. I can’t hope to change the person I am and still be effective with my work. There is still much evil out there doctor, still a lot of black smears in our otherwise bright world. I just can’t be the one to find it, there is too much of a burden on my soul now, I can’t continue to pile on crimes if I want to escape from that cage I’ve build for myself.”Saran nodded and smiled. “You’ve made incredible progress Pharisee. I hope one day you can hope to see yourself in a better life. Do you want to have another session?”“No.” said Pharisee. “I found out who I was unaided. I was wrong then and others paid the price. I think it is best I revaluate who I am alone. It is fitting that my new identity comes about the same as the last. I most challenge who I am in isolation as well, no one else can help me.”“What’s to keep you from reaching some other wrong epiphany?” asked Dr. Saran concerned.“You said I have conviction doctor. I know what’s right and wrong. I can see now that the path I chose was wrong and I am not beyond doing what’s right.”“I regret not being able to talk with you further Pharisee.” Said Dr. Saran. “But I hope you find what you’re looking for.”“Please.” Said Doctor Saran. “Call me Joesph.”The hulking commander turned away and pushed open the door of the psychiatrist’s office. Saran sighed as he listened to his footsteps fade away. Outside the window the commander stepped into the picturesque sunlight of Lego Island. He put on his sun glances before stepping onto the street and down the sandy beach.The sparkle of the ocean forced the doctor to avert his eyes. He pulled shut the blinds as the light flooded his office. The seabirds were quite now and the jet-skier no longer was heard beyond the sea. All that carried was the rhythmic music of the ocean as the tide slid in and out.Past the shadows of the blinds he spotted an object glisten on the carpet by the dour. He limped over to investigate and found the crushed remains of a wristwatch.The springs and gears where scattered across the floor. Its cheap frame had failed to the powerful musicals of the commander. Now its bent remains sat where they had fallen. Joseph Sr. John had crushed it in his hands before walking out the dour.OoC:So there you go. That's what's been taking me so long.I still have to conclude the stories of Hertz and Solomon. Those should be two normal length posts.I feel so bad holding you all back.

That is all

OOC: that guy, if you ever get published, I am going to buy copies of your work, and that is a promise. That whole sequence was absolutely fantastic. Part IV in particular had definite Crowning Moment of Awesome status if you ask me. You shouldn't guilt yourself for the delay because that was worth the wait. Though I think you may have meant March 2011, not 2010.I may try to find a way to touch base with some of my minor characters, or I may not, I've not decided. Either way, I should be wrapping up Hotwire's story before the week is out.

Edited by Jackson Lake

bohrok_lol.jpg
Rate The Song Above You

OOC: Alright, I decided I should go for it.Here is the Backpost of Doom. It is not as long, admittedly, as that guy’s Backpost of Doom, but even so.(Speaking of that guy’s work- I second Jackson Lake. I love sequences like that, told from the perspective of an interview with a psychologist or interrogator or what have you, and you did a great job pulling it off).Enjoy!If you find a part of this ridiculous and terribly out of character, note that I intended to drop more hints about that in many an unwritten Covert or Magma scene. I, obviously, failed spectacularly at this. I also am awful at romance. My apologies if this is extremely cringeworthy.IC:Past – A few hours after the Final Battle (December 2010)ReptileReptile blinked owlishly at the reporter, and then nodded firmly.“Certainly, what would you like to know?” he asked Scott.“Well, let’s see… our reports say you led the aerial defense of HQ during the opening stages of the battle. How did you feel about that, and the ultimate outcome of the battle?”Reptile blinked again. “I felt like I had to pay attention to everything at once to keep our T-1 lines from crumbling. And ultimately my leadership, and the leadership of the other Elite Agents who I was working with, wasn’t enough to keep our T-1s in place… at the time I was afraid we were finished. Now I’m just relieved we survived.”“You are a well-regarded scientist by training, not a soldier or special agent. Why did you join the Dino Attack Team, and end up commanding wings of T-1 Typhoons in combat operations?”“I joined… because I wanted to know about these Mutant Dinos. I wondered where they came from, I wondered what technological or biological cause resulted in their presence on our world. I wanted to know more.“I think I found out more about violence and combat and war than I’d ever have wanted to know- and I found that I was a pretty good leader of warriors- but the science is why I stuck around.”“What are your plans now that the invasion is over? Will you stick with the Dino Attack Team or go back to your lab?”Reptile sighed. “As you said, I’m a scientist, not a soldier. I think I’m going to work on some of my long-neglected research. Probably for whatever the Dino Attack Team has become at least for a time, but in the not-so-distant future I’ll probably retire back to the lab of my mentor, Dr. Formula.”“But surely you have some thoughts about the future of the Dino Attack Team, and the future of the LEGO Planet now that this invasion is over?”Reptile sighed again. Politics was never a favorite subject of his, but he thought he may as well make his views known.“Over there,” he said, pointing, “Is an Alpha Team craft. Groups like Alpha Team and the Agents have been, and continue to be, the first lines of defense for our world against villains, tyrants, demons, otherworldly invaders, dark armadas and evil armies- and they’ve served us pretty well.“Now, we were a special task force forged to deal with the unique threat of the Dino Attack. But now the Dino Attack is over, and I don’t see any reason we should complicate the politics of the world further. There’s some mop-up work to be done, of course“Though… who knows? Perhaps I’m wrong, and there is a role for us to play alongside Alpha Team, as a more scientifically-minded and perhaps more idealistic organization. But if you want to know about that, talk to someone like Specs, or Viper- or Magma or some other senior AT agent.”For as he was talking, Reptile saw Magma walking out of the Iron Predator. He waved over at the Alpha Team agent, but a distracted Magma did not wave back.Scott nodded. Reptile couldn’t tell if he’d annoyed the reporter or not, but he suspected reporters like this man did not get annoyed very easily.Or were just very good at hiding their feelings.“Well, thank you, Elite Agent Reptile. Best of luck to you in your future research or other pursuits,” the reporter said. He turned away and began saying something else into the camera, but Reptile didn’t bother to listen to it.He was already thinking about the contents of the next paper he was going to publish as soon as he got home on the DNA Device- he'd had a most interesting idea just now about how they might be able to reverse engineer some of the technology. He couldn't wait to get started.MagmaMagma had left the AT operation under the command of his friends, made his report to Specs, and then quickly left the ship for an urgent conversation.He needed to do this now, before it became much too late to do it. He’d been meaning to have this conversation for a few months now- but somehow it had never worked.He knew where his target would be- she would be with the Agents forces, who had set up a small command post in the shadow of the Iron Predator and DA HQ. Most of the tension between the Agents and DA HQ had dissipated over the past few months, but there was still some residual pride left.So while the Agents forces would happily join the DA and AT troops in the airship, it would simply not be proper for them to not have established some visible presence on the battlefield.And it would take a high-ranking Agents officer to man such a facility.It was true that the Agents had many high-ranking officers. But Magma had cheated, and after deducing all this had run a scan from his ship to determine that his target was actually here.He entered the command post, and for the first time in dealing with Agents for a long time, did not immediately find a gun pointed at his face.Instead, he found Colonel Covert of Agents Intelligence casually sitting in a commandeered desk chair, watching data on a computer terminal and, of all things, playing with her black hair. The rest of the room was empty- from looking at it alone, one would see no signs that a war had just gone on outside.“I thought I might find you here,” Magma said.Covert didn’t even look up, and merely replied, “I thought you might think you might find me here.” She sounded amused.“We’ve beaten Dr. Rex,” Magma said. “Our two organizations helped make this happen, in the end. We can agree, I think, that while when the Agents first showed an interest in the Dino Attack Team things did not turn out well.”“That would be one way to put it, yes,” said Covert. She still was not looking at Magma.“However, once… shall we say, certain Agents and Alpha Team personnel set their personal differences aside and realized what kind of a threat they were facing, they began working together much more smoothly and in a much friendlier kind of rivalry. Would you not agree again?”“I think I would,” Covert said.“So,” Magma said, and hesitated. “I owe you an apology. I still think your initial… ah, attempt to arrest me was arrogant and ridiculous and deserved some kind of retaliation. But I think after two years crusading against your interests, we’re even, don’t you? So… I’m… sorry for my initial overreaction.”“Apology accepted,” Covert said softly. She was staring at her computer screen now.“Before we get on to the next piece of business, I have to ask. Didn’t you realize that by… ah, attempting to thwart me at every turn I’d just make things worse between our respective organizations?” Magma asked sharply.Covert looked up and met his stare. She then laughed.“Because it was fun?” she smiled. “But even though it was… because I thought maybe if I could beat you I could gain your respect- if I could show you I was as good as you, if not better than you, you’d respect my organization and my own abilities?”“My… you wanted my respect?” Magma said slowly.“When I tried to arrest you, you humiliated my team and almost killed several of my men. You made us look like clowns, and… well, Magma- you, Zed, Dash, Subzero, Databoard, Frozeen- you’re all considered heroes in this business. We- I- may consider AT unprofessional and sloppy, but I know you have some extremely talented people. And you’re among them.“So if I was trying to show you up and establish some basis for mutual self-respect between our intelligence forces… maybe you can understand why?”Magma stood there, stunned.He had always assumed Covert must have hated him specifically for some reason, but… what was she saying?A terrible thought entered his head- a thought that he quickly tried to dismiss. As is the nature of such thoughts, this attempt failed, and instead sparked a few more.The first thought was: love and hate are the same sides of a coin.The second thought was: the only reason he’d hated her was because he thought she had hated himThe third thought was: now that I come to actually think about it, she is rather prettyThe fourth thought was: maybe I should stop trying to dismiss these kinds of thoughts.He shook his head, irritated. First things first.“Uh…” he stammered. Covert waited, smiling slightly.“Uh, well, in that case, I guess that makes this offer a lot easier. I’d like to propose an actual alliance between our two organizations,” Magma said, regaining a bit of professional dignity. “Specifically between our intelligence groups, that is.”“What would the nature of this alliance be?” Covert asked.“Well, for one, the two of us would no longer attempt to actually sabotage each other’s projects. For another, we’d share data and collaborate on covert operations and work together in fighting enemies rather than separately. We’d also work on locating the movements of villains, like Ogel, whose absence should really be investigated.”“I suppose one goal of this would be to avoid a situation in which one lone black ops agent is ambushed by a hit squad from the other side when both are attempting to eliminate some high priority target, and end up fighting each other instead of the target?” Covert asked innocently.“Yes, exactly like that,” Magma said, eyes narrowing at this reference to how the two had first met in 2008 when attempting to stop Dr. Inferno. He glared for a few seconds, and the Agents colonel continued to look innocent. Then they both chuckled for a few minutes.“But yes, that’s the goal. So, what say you?”“A question- are your superiors aware of this proposal?” she asked him.“Not yet,” said Magma.Covert hesitated, and then nodded. “Well, they will be soon- as I accept. Let’s finalize the details and then inform our respective superiors of our, ah, decisions.”Magma nodded as well, and the two quickly got to work.Present - LEGO City Park – Victory Celebration – One Week LaterMagmaThe orchestra finished their performance, and Magma nodded happily to himself- it had definitely been a worthy performance.He rose, and looked around the party. He paid particular attention to the three villains, Sinister, Vladek, and the Brickster.He dismissed them all one by one. The real danger was Evil Ogel.One of his first joint operations with Covert had been tracking down Evil Ogel, but all they had learned was that a rocket had launched from Ogel’s base in the Sagarro Seas. It was a fairly large rocket, and according to a source in the Space Police bound for the Nimbus System.It concerned him. He was working on an idea for dealing with Ogel, but he could already foresee many problems with the idea.Still, it was worth a try.On that note, he glanced around the party again. He found Covert- it was difficult to think of her as “Colonel Covert” anymore- speaking to a subordinate near the door. She glanced up and waved him over.“Magma! We have a situation,” she said briskly.“A situation?” asked Magma. He immediately began running through possible scenarios in his mind. “XERRD remnants? The Dino Aliens have returned? The DNA device is online? They’ve found Ogel? Vladek’s betrayed us and sacked Castle Cove?”Covert smiled slightly, but then quickly became serious again. “None of the above, but let’s walk and not bother the partiers. We should be able to take care of it ourselves with some careful planning.”Puzzled, Magma followed Covert away from the gathering and celebration. The noise level quickly dropped off, and soon they were alone.“So,” Magma said. “Just what is going on? Care to give me a situation report?”Covert laughed for a few minutes. Magma stared at her, frustrated. A crisis was going on and she was laughing about it?“Okay, here’s a situation report for you. I wanted to drag you away from all those people, and so fabricated a crisis!”Magma stared at her. She smiled mischievously.“Why?” he asked, aware even as he said it that it was perhaps a very dumb question to ask in this moment.“Why do you think?” she said, softly.The last time Covert ambushed Magma, he had not even stopped to think and reacted with deadly force.This time, he hesitated for a second or two, something that, if he had done in a combat situation, would probably have cost him his life.And then he kissed her.CovertIt was many hours later.They were now in Covert’s quarters in Agents HQ. Magma hadn’t actually lived in LEGO City for years.She could tell Magma had been quite surprised at her impulsiveness- and to be honest, so had she. She had been surprised to realize she had a crush on Magma, her adversary in many a game of secret agent cat-and-mouse chess over the past two years, but once she thought about it, it made sense.Magma’s sudden surprisingly willingness- nay, active desire- to “build bridges” between their two organizations had brought it to the fore, and, as they said, one thing had led to another.It was surprising, in a way, that it’d only been a week since their meeting after the Final Battle, but it had been a long week, and throughout it, the two of them had been working together almost constantly on organizing cleanup, on tracking Ogel, and on creating closer ties between their two organizations. So it wasn’t as surprisingly unlikely as it might have seemed.Magma had been quiet for some time now- Covert wished she knew what he was thinking.Abruptly, he spoke. “I’ve been… planning something work-related that I’d like your opinion on, if you’ll pardon my changing the topic,” he said quietly.“What is it?” Covert asked, curious. “And no, it’s fine- we can talk about whatever you like.”“I don’t like letting Evil Ogel get away- I’m sure you can sympathize,” Magma said, his face hardening for a moment. “And I’ve come up with a way that can allow us to ensure he won’t.”“What do you mean?” asked Covert, not sure she liked where this conversation was going.“Space Police say they’ll pursue him, but they don’t know him, they’re not experienced in dealing with him. But we are- you, me, Alpha Team, the Agents. So I think we should pursue him.”“Pursue him how?”Magma smiled. “Well, we have the ruins of a very large and very advanced vehicle sitting in LEGO City under guard. It’s true that airships like the Iron Predator aren’t really designed for spaceflight, but it can go suborbital. I’ve taken it into the upper atmosphere. So I was thinking… if we couple it with some spaceflight drive engines and generally do a lot of engineering work…”“You’re planning on putting a giant warship in space and sending it after Ogel?” Covert asked.“Yes, basically,” said Magma. “We have enough confiscated alien tech between us, and DA too- thanks to Reptile for that- that we can put together some powerful engines. Together, the Agents and Alpha Team can crew it and launch it, and with any luck we’ll be able to find wherever Ogel is next setting up shop and bring him down for good.”“You are thinking of leading this mission, aren’t you,” said Covert softly. Magma looked down, and nodded.“I was in charge of the last big offensive against Evil Ogel, and we had him on the ropes when the Dino Attack happened. I will not let him get away from justice this time!” he said softly, but with intensity.Covert sighed, and looked down as well. She was almost afraid of this intensity- what would Magma do once he captured Ogel, or if he was unable to capture Ogel? Would he break down for good, and become lost to even her?But there was something she could do to make sure that never happened.“Then I’m coming with you,” she said. “I’ll lead the Agents portion of the mission, you the Alpha Team. You can command the ship, I’ll just be there to ensure that the mission isn’t completely dominated by Alpha Team politics,” she said, and they both laughed.He looked at her then. “Are you sure?” he asked simply.She met his gaze.“Yes.”Future – One Month Later (Late January, 2011)MagmaMagma and Covert had gathered the forces of their respective agencies and done exactly as Magma had wanted.They had elected to name the ship after the Voltage, because Covert hated the name “Iron Predator”, and in Magma’s words, “If we’re going to send a giant ship in space on a mission of vengeance and justice under the command of an special operations agent, there’s only one name that fits.”They’d wound up calling it the Voltage-B, though, as previous iterations of the ship had used numbers, and they weren’t sure how many numbers Kotua had gotten up to. Stil, whatever it was called, it was almost finished. They had both recruited volunteers, and were preparing to launch the ship as soon as they could.But that is another tale that, perhaps, someday will be told, if the Voltage-B ever returns home, whether in triumph or in shame.As for this tale, one last scene will hopefully bring some closure to it:“My name?” Magma murmured. “My name…”He sat up. “During the war in 2008, Ogel escalated things beyond anything any of us had ever seen before. Every theater of operation we’d ever dreamed of him threatening- he did. To make things worse, we were left contending with Dr. Inferno and the Agents- no offense, of course-““None taken,” said Covert, smirking. “Continue?”“Well, operations sprung up all across the globe. Black ops tactics were used much more often than they had been in years past. Fear and paranoia among Special Operations reached an all-time high.“In one operation, in Mission Red Planet- don’t even ask what we were doing on Mars, it’s a long story and would draw this conversation on for a few days- I volunteered to become a Skeleton Drone. Well, a Red Space Drone, I suppose, but in any case, that’s not really the point-““You… what?” said Covert, staring at him. “You became a Drone?”“Yes,” Magma said. “I became a Drone. We infiltrated a, ah, Droning facility and modified some of the Mind Control Orb technology- long story short, when I came into the presence of a specific smell my conditioning would revert and I’d awaken. The goal was to assassinate the commander of Ogel’s Mars forces- and good thing too, otherwise we’d have been dealing with a fleet of alien warships rather than just Space Drone shock troops-““Just how classified is this story if I’ve never even seen records of an AT mission to Mars?” asked Covert sharply.“I assure you it happened! It’s no more ludicrous than fighting an otherworldly force of Chaos embodying a giant airship and army of robots, and yet, Mission Deep Freeze happened, didn’t it?“Anyway, if they knew I was an Alpha Team agent they’d have killed me on the spot. If they happened to check my identity and realize who I was, or see something in my mind when performing the Drone process, we’d have been finished. So I purged my real name from every Alpha Team record. I deleted every bit of information I could find on myself. And then I underwent therapy in preparation for the Drone process… and then I became a Drone, and they didn’t recognize me, so it worked.“And the operation proceeded according to plan. I gathered intelligence on Ogel, destroyed his Red Planet operation, killed its commander, discovered new things about how Drones worked, and returned home, where I had to undergo more therapy-““I imagine so,” Covert said, staring at him concerned. Magma was secretly touched to see the concern in her face, but carried on talking.“In any case- my name, and identity, is classified beyond almost everyone’s security clearance. I’m one of a handful of people who actually know it now… my brother was one, and he’s dead. Zed, Dash, and some other higher-ups know it,” Magma finished.“But I have told you mine,” Covert said, with a smile. “And if we’re going off on this mission together,“True,” Magma said, smiling back. “And so… against all of my better judgment… ”He leaned in, and whispered two words in her ear.She looked at him, and he nodded.And as if it was a weight off his shoulders, Magma felt at peace for the first time in a long time. He knew it wouldn’t last, not as long as Evil Ogel was out there awaiting justice, but here and now, he was alive, and he was happy.OOC: It is now many hours later than when I started working on this, and I really should sleep.This Backpost of Doom ™ hopefully brings some closure to Magma, and touches on some things I wanted to bring up in the AT RPG that never really was.As for Reptile, the interview scene in a way touches upon what happened to him as a character too- but, interestingly enough, even though all of his scenes are better written than many of Magma’s, and he’s probably a better character than Magma for many reasons… his story is also less interesting.

OOC: I wouldn't have seen that coming had it not been for your brief disclaimer. And yet, as a result, you were able to exceed my expectations. Naturally I was able to infer the pairing immediately, and I began reading your IC very skeptical that it could ever work. And yet it was completely believable and very well-executed (and pleasantly Pratchettesque in spots). You're not nearly so awful at writing romance as you claimed.The one unfortunate result is that there is now a ship called Coma. :PEDIT: And of course I realize I must touch base with my minor characters, if only to get Osprey's reaction to this new development.

Edited by Jackson Lake

bohrok_lol.jpg
Rate The Song Above You

OOC: That Guy, I hope you don't mind but you've just given me an idea for an interaction. I don't expect this to grow into a full-scale romance or anything but if nothing else it could be a moment of heartwarming.IC: Sarah watched uneasily as a disheveled Pierce staggered out of the operating room."What happened?" Shaw asked.Pierce simply took one look at her. "You do not want to know," he said."Come back!" Enter shouted from inside. "We still need to use the tree!""I'm fine," Pierce said. "I'm a doctor, I should know these things."Sarah quickly put her arm around Pierce and hastily escorted him outside. "I'm going to find you a real hospital," she said as she carried him out the door.Shaw wasn't able to do much- Sarah was too fast and was out of sight before she had a chance to catch up. The most she could do was mutter a slight prayer that Pierce was okay. From what she saw, she figured that would be the case, but a little extra never hurt.

Wandering around, Shaw found herself walking toward the beach, on the other side of the island. There was a building nearby, and she saw a man step out, a large, hulking black man with a pair of sunglasses, who wandered toward the beach.There was something about this man that attracted her. She didn't know what it was, but something made her curious- she could tell he was troubled by something, but she did not know what. In that instant, she was compelled to find out.The beach was a place where much was going on. There were jet skis zooming around, people sunbathing, Rotor and Cabin lay on a towel, past out drunk and half-naked in each others arms with smiles on their faces. There were a couple of people surfing, Snap Lockitt, and... Lance Williams. She certainly didn't see that one coming. Queen's music was playing nearby- Freddie Mercury was enthusiastically singing the lyrics to "We are the Champions".Shaw slowly approached the man, who seemed to stand out, alienated from the others. She could tell there was something wrong, and calmly she walked up to him, and with a slight stutter, asked "You alright?"

OOC:Well, if I don't get some answers relatively soon, I might have a Backpost of Doom™ myself. But I'm hoping that is not necessary.On a slightly different note, I like your posts, that guy and TC01. I don't really have anything to say but that about them. There is one thing regarding that guy's, though.I like seeing my characters in other's posts. I just do. So, I always look for Dr. Cyborg. When Saran started asking about Pharisee's opinion of some agents, whether they were good or bad, I thought it would be the perfect place for Dr. Cyborg. I know it was a slim chance of him being thrown in there, but you gotta admit, it would be a great spot. He used to be XERRD, and now is Dino Attack. Good or bad, black or white (morally)? Other than that, I have nothing to say.

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

OOC: I don't know if That Guy is going to respond, so I thought I'd write a bit of the conversation here. I'll try and keep Pharisee as in-character as possible.IC: The hulking but troubled man turned in surprise toward the shy, young semi-religous doctor. His build was intimidating, and there was a part of her that wanted to run, but she remained in place.The man seemed to ignore her and kept walking. Shaw continued to follow. Finally, the man stopped somewhere near the waters of the beach, where Lance was excitedly catching the waves. She looked elsewhere, Cabin shifted slightly in her sleep, Enter and Return were fishing for a shark. A couple people were jet skiing.As Shaw stood beside him, he looked at her once again. This time, something seemed to draw his attention. He reached out toward her and momentarily handled the small metal cross around her neck, then let it fall back against her chest."Something wrong?" Shaw asked again."Yes," the man said with a sigh. "I am.""Why?""I've done terrible things," the man said again. "My fate is sealed.""What sort of things?""I killed a man in cold blood," replied the man sternly. "You think you're beyond redemption?"The man nodded. Intimidating as he was there was something about him that compelled her to keep talking."You believe in faith?" The man asked.Shaw fingered her cross shyly. "Yes," she said."Than you'll understand."Shaw seemed confused. "No, I don't think I do," she said.

OOC: Remember how I said my next IC would be my last? I lied. Seeing Atton Rand write about Sarah Bishop made me remember one last loose end that I wanted to tie up.

OOC:While I can't replace all of it exactly, as it was a typed-to-post kind of thing, not made in Word or something, in light of this, would you approve me replacing most of my post? I still say I was within my rights to make that post, as Pterisa is labeled as a Story Hook. I only changed the post because people thought it was odd. What I am saying is, "Do I have your approval to redo that post?"...What is this issue that bothers both of us?On another note, PeabodySam, I have read through the posts that take place in the Dino Island Laboratory attack. I had assumed I would have more choices for which scientist would have been Dr. Cyrista, but I only saw two. In that case, I would like to retcon one of the two scientists helping Dr. Rex get a DNA sample be Dr. Cyrista.
I cannot remember all the details of the post off the top of my head, since I only read it over very briefly before going to breakfast (and when I came back, it was gone!). However, I will say that Andrewnuva brought up a very strong case as to why the original scene would not work. As for Pterisa being a Story Hook, Andrewnuva and I discussed the bounds and limits of Story Hooks over Steam, and we both agreed that something as drastic as an origin story might be outside those bounds (a rather amusing hypothetical example he came up with is that, even though Sam Throramebi was listed as a Story Hook, that did not mean that Andrewnuva could explain his animosity towards Power Miners as stemming from the deaths of his parents at the hands of a Power Miner).By "both of us", I was actually referring to me and Pterisa, not me and you (although this issue might possibly bother you as well, but that wasn't what I was talking about). Sorry for the lack of clarity.Sure, Why Not?
PeaSam, this author that may or may not be you, can I have him talk to Dr. Cyborg? I want to compile all of Dr. Cyborg's history in one place, plus something to do with characters that aren't mine.
Although the author that may or may not be me said that he'll cut down on complex backstories and histories (such as the one that Dr. Cyborg has) in his novel, I see no reason as to say "no" to this request.
I said this before, but it was nice writing all these stories with you.Perhaps someday I'll post more stories of my own vision of the LEGO Universe- which over the years has evolved and diverged from that of this RPG- featuring some of my characters. Or perhaps not- I never seem to have the time to write all the stories I want to tell, and I'm a little burned out on that universe.I'm honestly uncertain what my already rather comatose activity on BZPower will look like in the future- hopefully I'll be about every so often just like I am nowadays- but I will say this: should you ever happen to run across a "TC01" on the internet (or on Steam or other such services), odds are that it's me.See you all around?
'Twas nice writing with you as well.I'll still be lingering around on BZPower after Dino Attack RPG is over, though I probably won't ever be as active as I once was before. I remember your Alpha Team short stories, and if you've got any more stories like that up your sleeves, I'll be sure to check them out. In the meantime, we found each other on Steam, and if you ever want to chat (provided I'm not busy), I'm always up for a little conversation.
OoC: Wow, it feels so strange reading all my friends here say goodby. I've gotten to really like you guys and I'm really going to miss working with you when this is all over.I'm feeling like I'm letting you all down. I still have work to do while most of you have finished. All you guys deserve better then having to wait for me and I am ashamed that after all these year writing I have not been showing you the same curtsey you've all shown me.What fallows is what's taken me so long. Remember how I once said that I would write a three part flashback featuring Pharisee's past. He's been a very compelling character for me and I would hated not being able to expand on his past. There where a lot of details about him that I wanted to explore and this is my opportunity to do that.Certainly, I had to finished his story too. He had somewhat of a breakdown after Trigger and Montoya and the aftermath should be explored. I needed to explore his psyche and pick at what made him tick and the only way to do that was with a climactic interview with the team's favorite only psychologist. I present you with an epic story of a fall from grace, Man vs. self, justice, morality, humanity, redemption, and faith. All in a little over 8000 words!Yikes! That's what I thought too. When the contacts of a flashback arc and the sessions of a psychological talk are all compiled into a single post it tends to get ridiculously long. therefore it has been divided into five parts. I Psychology, II Past, III Penance, IV Proclamation, and V Present.
Holy crud. At over 8,000 words, this is the longest IC post in Dino Attack RPG's entire history, easily trumping Dr. Rex's defeat and the Bartholomew Enderson confessions.And, as the others have said... Don't feel bad. You did a fine job! Heck, you did a magnificent job. What can I say that hasn't been said? Your incredible ability to dive psychologically into the minds of your characters and make us feel for them, even a dirty conman like Dust and a Knight Templar like Pharisee, never ceases to leave the rest of us amazed in your wake. I sure hope that you continue to write, even after Dino Attack RPG, and you can probably expect me buying your book along with Jacks.
OOC: It is now many hours later than when I started working on this, and I really should sleep.This Backpost of Doom ™ hopefully brings some closure to Magma, and touches on some things I wanted to bring up in the AT RPG that never really was.As for Reptile, the interview scene in a way touches upon what happened to him as a character too- but, interestingly enough, even though all of his scenes are better written than many of Magma’s, and he’s probably a better character than Magma for many reasons… his story is also less interesting.
Don't worry, the romance could have been a lot worse (I speak from experience). And for the way that it was done, it was done well. A little out of left field, I admit, but as Jacks said, the disclaimer actually helped prepare me for such an event.Also, I notice that ending your last IC post in the RPG while playing as Magma really helped things come full circle. Reptile might be your current primary character, after all, but you began as Magma... and now, you end as Magma. As I said, full circle. And I enjoy seeing things come full circle.And so, our second-longest member of Dino Attack RPG departs. I'm going to miss all the great times we spent together. Man, this feels a lot like graduation... saying goodbye to faces and friends that you've known for years, uncertain of the next time you'll ever meet again. But I'll never forget Dino Attack RPG... and I'll never forget any of you.*raises glass*And now, to my penultimate IC, which takes place at whatever time, 2011.IC: "Are you sure that this is the right thing to do?" inquired Alan Pierce.Sarah Pierce sighed. "I don't know. I haven't seen him in years, not since the accident. I'm not even sure if he'll recognize me. But it's worth a shot... I admit, I have become curious to see what has become of him."Alan shook his head. "I mean... do you think that this is what is best for Kate?" he whispered.Looking down at her daughter, who was resting her head on her mother's shoulder, Sarah nodded slowly. "She deserves to know. If there's one thing I learned, it's that it was wrong to keep family secrets from her, even ones of... this nature. Besides, Kate specifically requested this... I would hope that this means she's ready to know the truth."At last, the door opened, and a tall man with dark hair, glasses, and a well-kept suit stepped through. Sarah shook her daughter awake as they stood to greet the man. "Mr. Bonaparte," the man introduced himself. "Now I understand that you three wish to speak with me?"It was difficult getting this far, as the receptionist had initially denied their request to speak with Mr. Bonaparte, the administrator of Napoleon XIV Mental Institution, due to Bonaparte's work allegedly keeping him too busy to speak with anyone. It was only a death glare by Sarah Pierce that finally convinced the receptionist to let them in."Yes," nodded Sarah, shaking Bonaparte's hand. "I'm Sarah Pierce, and this is my husband Alan and my daughter Kate. We're here to see one of your patients, my brother, by the name of Wallace Bishop."Mr. Bonaparte's features hardened. "Mr. Bishop suffers from a severe mental condition that has only worsened since the time that he was committed. For his own health, we cannot allow any guests to see him. Especially family members, as his state of being has reduced him to violent breakdowns by the mere thought of his family outside Napoleon. I'm sorry, Mrs. Pierce, but it is strictly against protocol and I simply cannot allow it.""Kate?" urged Alan. "Is there something you would like to tell Mr. Bonaparte, my dear?"Kate's mouth was dry, but she swallowed and quietly murmured, "William's bell is ringing."Mr. Bonaparte blinked in surprise. "What was that?" he asked, leaning in closer to hear. When Kate repeated the message in a louder voice, Bonaparte pursed his lips and adjusted his glasses. "Well, then... this is an unexpected... surprise. I never thought that Dr. Einstein would... well, never mind. Come with me."Bonaparte led the Pierce family to a secure room which only had a few chairs and a table, all of which were bolted down onto the floor to prevent anyone from doing anything dangerous with them. Telling them to make themselves comfortable, Bonaparte left briefly and returned with a pair of nice young men in clean white coats, who were escorting a man in an orange jumpsuit with unkempt hair, a bushy beard, and eyes sunken so far into his skull that they were only barely visible. The man walked stiffly, his hands trembling uncontrollably, and his eyes fixated upon the floor.Instinctively, Sarah stood upon seeing her brother, Wallace, enter the room. "Oh my Builder..." she whispered, lightly pressing her hand to her bosom as her heart rate quickened. She recognized him; there was no doubt about it, it was definitely her brother Wallace... but at the same time, she felt like she was looking at an entirely different man who bore only the faintest semblance to her brother.As the two nurses helped a trembling Wallace sit down in the chair opposite the Pierces, Mr. Bonaparte cleared his throat. "I must apologize for Wallace's current state. We have just given him new medications. Most likely, he will be... unresponsive. I doubt he will even notice your presence."Alan frowned as he looked upon Wallace. Bonaparte's meaning was evident, as Wallace had not once taken notice of the Pierces. His eyes remained fixated upon the floor, but Alan wondered if he was even looking at the floor or if he was just staring off into blank space. "What sort of medications are you giving your patients?" muttered Alan."That would be classified, Mr. Pierce," stiffened Mr. Bonaparte. "However, I assure you that we are only prescribing what is best for our patients here at Napoleon XIV."Sarah took a seat opposite Wallace at the table. He did not respond to her presence. "Wallace," whispered Sarah. "It's me, your sister. Sarah. Do you remember me?"Silence.Leaning in closely, Sarah continued. "Remember, Wally? Your sister, Sarah? Do you remember our dad, Roy? He fought in World War I. Remember? This is your niece, Kate. You two used to spend so much time together when she was only a baby. Don't you remember anything at all?"Silence.Mr. Bonaparte cleared his throat. "Wallace Bishop may not remember you, Mrs. Pierce, or even your family. His memory, sadly, has been deteriorating after the severe cranial trauma that he suffered after a head injury...""What sort of institution do you run here?" gasped Alan, aghast. "How could you let one of your patients get away with a head injury? How could you get him so high on medications that he cannot respond to his own sister talking to him? Blasphemous madness! This place is more insane than the LEGO Island Medical Center!"Bonaparte frowned. "Insane, Mr. Pierce? You think you know insane? What is insane to you, but a pair of paramedics who think that sharks and trees are part of proper medicinal procedure? Here, insanity is not a series of amusing antics... insanity is so much worse. Howling every night at the top of their lungs without knowing why. Inability to stay in one place and time. Unstoppable rambling about the unimaginable. Violent breakdowns at the slightest provocation. Losing everything that you hold dear. Having nothing to live for. Insanity? You do not know insanity, Mr. Pierce."Kate tried her best to lock eyes with her uncle, which was difficult when Wallace was not looking at her. She knew that this was the man who convinced Frank Einstein to do everything in his power to protect the Bishop family. If it were not for him, Kate would have been subjected to the horrors of Dr. Strangebrick's experiments, used as a human shield by Walter Breen, and never could have defeated the Darkitect himself. As Kate reflected upon this, she realized that she owed a lot to Wallace. Gently, she placed her hand on Wallace's own and whispered, "I love you, uncle."Silence.As tears began to form in Kate's eyes, Sarah sighed in defeat. "I'm afraid we must get going.""I'm sorry it had to be this way," Mr. Bonaparte stroked his chin. "You see, I'm afraid Mr. Bishop's case is incurable. He will never be fit for society ever again, and that's something that not even Dr. Frank Einstein could change. He will have to remain here for the rest of his life.""Will we at least be able to visit him?" inquired Sarah. She hated the thought of her brother spending the last years of his life all alone, even in this incapacitated state.Bonaparte was about to say "No", but then hesitated. Sighing, he decided: "If that is what you wish, seeing as Dr. Einstein has indeed given you authorization to see him."As Sarah, Kate, and Alan stood to leave, Kate shot one last look at the lonely man that was once her uncle. As tears filled her eyes, the young girl forced herself to look away. However, just as they were about to exit the room, Kate heard a male voice that sounded aged and weary, but sounded familiar, as if it were from a dream:"Someone once told me... Love... is an emotion... too powerful... to be simply forgotten."Sarah stopped in the doorway and slowly turned around to look at Wallace, who did not appear to have moved at all. However, she rushed to his side, ignoring Bonaparte's warnings, and got a close look at his face. There were tears in Wallace's sunken eye sockets, and although his lips quivered and trembled weakly, his smile was unmistakeable."Oh, Wallace!" smiled Sarah, who felt tears of her own coming to her eyes. For the first time in years, she wrapped her arms around Wallace Bishop in the embrace of a sister who dearly missed her beloved brother.OOC: Okay, so my next IC should be my last. I was actually planning this particular IC long in advance (and you can see the Frank Einstein quotes that were put into place to set it up), and I nearly forgot about it until I read Sarah's name in one of Atton's recent ICs.This loose end is tied in a more... bittersweet fashion than most of my loose ends. One one hand, Wallace is doomed to be committed for life, and his mental state is too unfit for him to have any place in society anymore, and he only barely remembers his family. On the other hand, he has been reunited with his family and does not have to live out the remainder of his life alone.

Don't worry, the romance could have been a lot worse (I speak from experience). And for the way that it was done, it was done well. A little out of left field, I admit, but as Jacks said, the disclaimer actually helped prepare me for such an event.Also, I notice that ending your last IC post in the RPG while playing as Magma really helped things come full circle. Reptile might be your current primary character, after all, but you began as Magma... and now, you end as Magma. As I said, full circle. And I enjoy seeing things come full circle.And so, our second-longest member of Dino Attack RPG departs. I'm going to miss all the great times we spent together. Man, this feels a lot like graduation... saying goodbye to faces and friends that you've known for years, uncertain of the next time you'll ever meet again. But I'll never forget Dino Attack RPG... and I'll never forget any of you.*raises glass*
OOC: *salutes, raises glass in turn*

OOC:Great. Just great. I had quite a long post planned, including myself inserted as a character, a short interview with Samuel Piaker, MABKA PeabodySam, and some other stuff. However, I accidentally deleted it and couldn't get it back. So, stay patient until I can fix it.(MABKA stands for "May also be known as")

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

OoC:My Solomon/Dr. Cyborg post will be up before Friday I think. I've been focusing on collage essays but I can finish my post once they are done Don't worry guys, it should be a normal length one! :PBy the way, I got a DeviantArt account. Peabody and Brikman have already been spammed by a lot of my stuff and I would not be surprised if they missed my doodle of Dust. If you did, I recommend you check it out! Atton, and avmatoran, you guys should get accounts too. There are places to post stories and it might be an ideal place to stay in touch.Again, I apologies for dragging this whole thing on. This next post will be the penultimate one.

That is all

OOC:I have taken your advice, as I have been planning to do that for a while. Anyways, I will try to remake the post with better saving this time! I am sorry for dragging my story out as well, but, gotta go out with a bang!EDIT: I have decided to go ahead and post the first part. I'll keep working on the rest.IC:
The party seemed unstoppable. It was a few hours into 2011, and whereas most sane people would be giving up on a party and going home, Lego Islanders were not known for their sanity. The party continued to go on.Dr. Cyborg was participating somewhat, just hanging around some friends, when a teenager, about 14 or 15, came up. “You're helmet appears to have had a visor attached to it at one point. I'm guessing it broke?”

“That's correct,” Dr. Cyborg replied. “How did you know?”

“I'm good with tech, that's all. I have a replacement you can have, would you like it?” the boy asked.“Yes, please. What's your name?” Dr. Cyborg asked as they walked to the boy's shed/machine shop.“Matthew Wise, but my friends usually call me Wise.”

“Odd, my name is Matthew as well, and I have a friend whose last name is Wise,” Dr. Cyborg said.“What a coincidence. Anyways, here we are.” They arrived at a smallish, corrugated metal shed. Matthew twisted the dials on a combination lock on the door and opened it. He swung the door open and led the way in.

“Hey, your eye got a flashlight?” Matthew asked.“Yes, it does,” Dr. Cyborg replied as he mentally turned it on.Matthew started poking around in piles of equipment, while Dr. Cyborg looked around. “A couple questions,” Dr. Cyborg said. “Ask away,” came the reply. “Why did you not turn the lights on? As great as the technology is in here, you don't have electricity?”

“I have a generator hooked up as my power source, but it broke last year, as in a few hours ago. I haven't gotten around to fixing it yet. What's the other question?”

“What is this place for?”

“I am working on powered armor. Sort of like MJOLNIR or the Iron Man suits. Ah, here we go!” He pulled a piece of curved black glass out of a cupboard. “I'm glad it didn't break. It's nearly impossible to put a microscreen between two plates of glass. Here, hand me your helmet.”

Dr. Cyborg pulled off his helmet and handed it to Matthew. Matthew glanced up at Dr. Cyborg's head, curious as to what he looked like. Dr. Cyborg's head was extremely pale and badly scarred. There were wires running along the top of his head to the metal side. He finished attaching the visor and handed it back to Dr. Cyborg. “Here, try this out.” Dr. Cyborg put the helmet back on.“Great. Thanks. If you ever need a job, contact me. You'll always be welcome at UlTech Industries,” Dr. Cyborg told him. “Thanks,” Matthew replied. They shook hands, and Dr. Cyborg walked out, ready, more or less, to continue the party.OOC:Ignore the random code. I don't know where that is coming from.

Edited by avmatoran

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

OOC: Okay, I don't know if That Guy is actually going to respond to my interactions with Pharisee. I was just trying to create a touching little interaction but I was hoping I wouldn't have to write all of Pharisee's dialogue myself. As a result, I guess I'll have to invoke possible anachronic order with these next events.IC: Shaw stood nervously as her latest clients in her unintentional wedding business approached. Maria and Andrea Jackson Orange held hands tightly as they approached. Technically, Shaw really did not have a license to perform weddings, but right now she was the closest thing around to a minister, and with most businesses slowly struggling to get off the ground they just had to make due with what they could get. And at this point, it was either her or Pharisee, and most would agree the latter would not be good at weddings.The wedding itself was small in size. The only attendants were Maria's old partners, Clint Wayne and Angel Eyes- and Demoman, but he was passed out drunk for most of the ceremony.Shaw cleared her throat and began. "Dearly beloved, we are gathered here to celebrate the union of two... very strong lovers."Maria smiled as she looked at her bride. Andrea's skin had finally started to return to a more natural colour, rather than the almost grey look she sported when they first met. Her hair was cleaned up, and she stood tall and proud. There was a part of her wishing her father could be there, especially after they'd finally settled their differences, but she still did her best to enjoy the moment."Maria..." Demoman immediately hiccuped as soon as Shaw was about to say Maria's last name. "I- comin' to get your sandvich Strong Bad." He started snoring loudly again."Do you take this woman to be your lawful wedded wife.""I do," replied Maria, her thick Southern accent showing."And you, Andrea Jackson Orange.""Yes," replied Andrea."Then by the power vested in me, I hereby pronounce you..." Shaw paused for a moment unsure of what to say. "You're married."Andrea quickly wrapped her arms around Maria and the two embraced each other tightly.

OOC:Whatever happened to that post being posted by Friday, that guy? ;)
OOC: Isn't it obvious? He was busy lookin' forward to the weekend and making up his mind what seat he can take...
OoC: Well I just finished typing my penultimate post tonight. I'd edit it now but I realized I still have English to do. I'll put it in a presentable state and post it 3rd hour in class. My final post should be after that.Atton, for the record I never really planed on responding to your Shaw post. You might have come to the conclusion I've been very busy lately. College applications and episode VII news have been keeping me occupied. I just don't have the energy to engage in any more plot points. ;) If you continue playing with Pharisee you should know that his crabby personality is the same. It's his theology and outlook that has changed.It will be tomorrow. I realize my word is somewhat meaningless by now but I'll say it anyway.

That is all

OOC:Finally! A deadline! I must say, I am eagerly awaiting this post, probably cause it's got Dr. Cyborg. Can't wait! On a side note, blech, episode VII, produced by Disney! That's gonna go badly.

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

OOC:Finally! A deadline! I must say, I am eagerly awaiting this post, probably cause it's got Dr. Cyborg. Can't wait! On a side note, blech, episode VII, produced by Disney! That's gonna go badly.
OOC: Well, I stopped watching Star Wars a long time ago after 2001 enlightened me on what space really was like and how many different levels Star Wars fails logic on, so I really don't care because I'm probably not going to bother seeing the new Star Wars film anyway. Edited by Atton Rand

OOC: If I may interject with my own opinion...

Well, I stopped watching Star Wars a long time ago after 2001 enlightened me on what space really was like and how many different levels Star Wars fails logic on, so I really don't care because I'm probably not going to bother seeing the new Star Wars film anyway.
The thing about Star Wars, though, is that it's not really science fiction, nor should it be taken as such. In truth it's a combination classical myth/samurai film that just happens to be set in space, and when you view it that way it becomes much more satisfying. 2001 may be my favorite movie of all time, but Star Wars still has its merits, and they are many....Or at least that's true of the original trilogy. The prequels were far too heavily influenced by the flamboyance of 90s sci-fi.Disney, given the nature of the things they create, may very well have the sense to pick up on the mythological aspect of Star Wars, though of course they are also prone to rampant commercialism and fan-pandering. So really, in my opinion, Episode VII has the potential to either be really bad, or really good. Naturally it's way too soon to tell which way it will lean, but I intend to see it nonetheless, if only for the sake of my curiosity.Granted, I haven't identified as a Star Wars fan in about three years, so I may have a rather different outlook on this whole mess.Since I'm a bit stuck on my final post, and the semester is only getting busier, here's something I've been pondering ever since TC01's closing IC. Hopefully this will help break me out of my writer's block.IC: Late January, 2011"She what?" The calmness of the waiting area was broken by Osprey's exclamation."At least, that's the story that's circulating," Desdemona responded. "I wouldn't have expected it of Covert either.""It's Magma I'm more surprised by. For all the reputation that Alpha Team's Special Agents have, I'd imagined that they trained away their emotions entirely."Desdemona chuckled. "This sure helps explain the sudden alliance.""And it throws that incident in Antarctica into an entirely different light," Osprey said. "All this time, I'd assumed I was the mediator, and now it turns out I was actually the third wheel!" They laughed again, when Osprey was suddenly struck by a sobering thought. "If this gets around it could have some serious implications for security," he muttered.Desdemona shook her head. "It almost sounds too outrageous to be true. I imagine most will dismiss it as a silly rumour. And the conspiracy theorists among us can easily be debriefed, and-- ah, hello again."The minifig -- Osprey couldn't tell whether he was a human, an android, or some clever combination thereof -- who had met them at the entrance to the compound and brought them in had returned. "The doctor will see you now," he said, and led the two Agents down the hall and into the office of Matthew Cyrista.The man himself was just entering through a small doorway at the other end of the room, and Osprey caught a glimpse of a laboratory before the scientist shut the door behind him. "Captain Osprey, was it?" said Dr. Cyborg. "How can I help you? Please, take a seat.""Thank you kindly," said Osprey, as he and Desdemona sat down across from Dr. Cyborg's desk. "I imagine you've heard of the recent alliance formed between Alpha Team and the Agents Defense Force." The doctor nodded thoughtfully. "Well, we've come to ask you if you'd consider joining UITech Industries to our alliance..."OOC: This post was really meant as a sort of vignette (I seem to be getting into the habit of starting scenes in the middle and then cutting them off before the "end;" I promise my final IC won't be like that :P). I really just wanted to write Osprey's and Desdemona's reaction to the MagmaxCovert thing, and so I needed a scenario that would allow me to bring them back one more time, and then I recalled how you, avmatoran, stated that you appreciate having your characters appear in others' posts, and it just sort of fell together. I'm done with this scene, but if you'd rather not leave it unresolved you're welcome to finish the conversation if you like. Edited by Jackson Lake

bohrok_lol.jpg
Rate The Song Above You