To Save The World!

:kaukau: IC: (Ike, Manchester)He picked up Ivan's phone call right away. "I'm in Manchester, following the direction of the plane." He was indeed running full speed, which matched that of an olympic runner flashing down the 100 meter dash, except he went untiring."It landed in Manchester Airport," said Ivan. "Or rather, it crashed, but that still counts as landing. A supervillain by the name of Blackout appeared and demonstrated capabilities of generating EMPs. That's not important right now. I have two bits of important news for you. The first regards Irolaro's Batch in the Markets of Tal'Mar. They've violated the ethics fo free will.""Check," said Ike."The second regards a pocket watch on a plane that just crashed near me."Ike raised his eyebrows. "Code red?""Possibly," said Ivan."What's inside the pocket watch, assuming you can open it?""Negative," said Ivan. "This is where you come in. The moment you arrive on scene, I want you to figure out exactly why that watch won't open and what it's hiding.""We shoudl also consider the possibility that this could be a decoy," added Ike."True, that's a possibility, and I sure wouldn't like to be made a fool," said Ivan. "However, all I'm asking is that you take a look at it. Ike, what do you think he could be up to?"Ike paused, thinking. "I don't know."Your Honor,Empeor Kraggh

OOC:what happened with gravity,tragedy,and ozo?

OOC: They're still flying towards the Empire State Building. This is the most recent post involving them.
yeah,i was afraid of that.im not sure whats exactly going on,but they both stopped posting the storyline.

check out my totally ORIGINAL youtube channel, Below Average Geeks!  I'm trying something different.its very small, so comments will be noticed and read.

just a poll.on a scale of one to ten, how likely are you to read a webcomic based on just this title: 'Neon Laser Dragons.'?

see these guys?

0VlbJ.gif  AjzI5.gif msLAB.gif cr1zz.gif

alrighty bros, listen up.

my lightning dragon is lonely.

click dis bebe dergen pls.

i know its dumb.

jus do it pls.for me, a'ight?

',:]

my Skrall--er, scroll.

IC: Saosin (Manchester Airport, Manchester, England)"What guy? Describe him. Supersuit, powers, anything. A name would be fantastic."-Teezy

Edited by Tyler Durden

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

:kaukau: IC: (Ivan, Manchester Airport)"Think about it," he said. "Sorry, I have pressing matters right this very instant. I'm saving crash victims and am also a little concerned about the villains who might be about. There's someone who can teleport, turn invisible, and alter memories."he pocketed his phone and went back to work."So how fast can you heal these people?" asked Idel."Faster than you can write your college dissertation," said Ivan. That might not have sounded like he was saying much, but he had once written a thirty page dissertation on neurological studies in five minutes. Of course, he wasn't about to tell Idel that. She already had enough reasons to be impressed with him, and with her sense of reason being hacked into and rerouted, he didn't want to give the psychic programming any fuel to further warp her reality.Fortunately, the other burn victims were far faster to heal up than the first patient, who was conscious and therefore capable of being unruly. One by one he took them out of their stasis states. He picked up his pace and his precise motions became a blur as he wrapped them up and secured their future health, fixing up all of their major burns. If he had more time, he would have found ways to heal them completely, whether it be through skin cloning or other means, but at the moment he was happy that they were saved from death and treated so that they would completely heal from their wounds soon."They look to be 90% better," said Icarus. Ivan looked behind him to observe the kid."Yes, exactly," said Ivan. "Regular paramedics will come along soon and find most of their work done for them. Meanwhile, I've injected them with a syrum that will speed up their healing process considerably over the next week.""That depends on how you define considerable," said Icarus. "Do you intentionally use vague words to lighten the mood? That is a technique I generally observe among doctors.""I meant fourteen times faster, but that doesn't role off the tongue as well," said Ivan. "Before you ask, I have better syrums that speed up the process by a factor of over a hundred, but I reserve those for combat emergencies. Now go away, kid. I have other business that's pressing me right now, because I've been listening in to a certain conversation over there that's supposedly out of earshot."He dumped Icarus and Idel to head toward Saosin and the technopath. His eyes were shooting lasers at the latter's head. In a few seconds, he was next to Saosin and close to the technopath's face."There's something both of you have forgotten. Not only have you collaborated with a villain's attempt to cause mass destruction, but you've violated ethical conduct by trying to hack into the mind of another human being. You don't know half the fury of ###### until you've crossed that line, because once you do you have to deal with me. Once this generous surfer boy is finished with you, I'm going to take away your powers. And then I'm going to make you wish your were dead, because there's no forgiveness for your sort of crime. And Saosin? Don't you dare get in my way."With that he respectfully stood back and crossed his arms, looking never taking his gaze away from the technopath.Your Honor,Emperor Kraggh

IC(Whistler): Bruce overheard Ivan's bombastic threat, and stepped in."Err, sorry, but the authority here doesn't exactly rest with you. Not sure what rock you've been living under, but the League has the authority to decide what happens, and the League only. Unless you want to be reclassified as a supervillain for removing someone from League custody and torturing him - and, mate, save it with the indestructibility talk, the League downs twelve indestructible people a week - I would suggest you defer to proper authority and keep your little revenge fantasies to yourself."The businessman paused to take a breath, then continued."In addition, we really don't need you giving our suspect reasons to keep mum. At the moment, he has the threat of unspeakable agony if he's uncooperative, and a secure cell in a League prison if he's a good lad. You, on the other hand, want to give him unspeakable agony either way, which completely kills the incentive to - and maybe you've forgotten this bit - help us take down a mad fishlady who is still very much inclined to kill millions of people."

We will remember - Skies may fade and stars may wane; we won't forget

And your light shines bright - yes so much brighter shine on

We will remember - Until the skies will fall we won't forget

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

OOC: Well... real sorry about letting this plot fall on the wayside. As I'm sure I've said before, I've been awful busy lately, and as much as I love this RPG, my interest and drive to post have waned more than little as of late. Honestly, I'm not up to date enough on what's happening in-game to even begin to think about getting Mystic or Hivemind involved in any ongoing plots.However, I do intend on devoting as much energy as possible to wrapping up Fade's current plotline and getting everyone back into the normal universe. After that... I can't really stay if I'll stick around. I still have plots in my head I'd like to try out, and a trio of fun characters I really enjoy; I just don't know if I have the energy left for it. But that's a matter I'll worry about when the plot is over. In the meantime, let's get this started.IC:[/font]A crack of sizzling light sliced its way through the air, and a figure in a heavy fur cloak dropped lightly onto the floor. Fade slipped through the shadows, sneaking a glance through a shattered window. A massive wall of ice filled his vision; at this close a distance he couldn’t even see all the way around the massive fortress. Buried somewhere under that glacier was the League HQ of this universe, along with the Supercharger that could save it. It was just getting to it that would be the problem.[/font]“Plas, I’m in position,” he said, slipping a communicator off his belt. “Wait a minute after I go in, then start planting the charges where I’ve instructed. I’ll do my best to keep Frigid’s attention off the skies. Those explosives have a six minute timer once they’re planted, so that’s your window to get everything set up. Good luck.”[/font]Fade switched off the comm and hid it away safely on his belt. He glanced over his shoulder at a figure shrouded in the shadows.[/font]“And you? I trust you’ve held up your end of the deal?”[/font]Isuken Sakeme stepped out of the darkness, returning Fade’s glare in kind.[/font]“My troops are gathered around the fort,” he hissed. “Once you start this little fireworks display of yours, they’ll begin the attack. I question what good it’ll do, but if you’re content to send your friends charging off to their deaths... well, I’m hardly one to complain.”[/font]Fade gave little more than a nod to acknowledge Sakeme. He’d much rather spend as little time around him as he had to.[/font]“Of course, should you fail to make it back from this doomed mission alive,” Sakeme added, “I’ll be more than willing to intervene with my own plans. Hopefully you won’t have killed too many of my forces by the time that happens...”[/font]Fade glared in Sakeme’s direction.“Before we head out, I just want to make once thing clear. We might be in the same fight, but that don’t put us on the same side. You’re still a madman, still a monster and, most importantly, you’re still wearing one of [/font]my[/font] friends like a suit. Now, I can’t say I make friends easy, so when someone’s out to hurt them, I tend to take it rather [/font]personal.[/font][/font]“Oh, really now?” asked Sakeme incredulously. “Because she [/font]certainly[/font] doesn’t seem to remember you...”“Remember this. I know what kind of threat you’d be to a world as fragile and fractured as this, one without a proper League to stand against you,” said Fade. “When all this is over... when Frigid is taken care of... there’s still one world-conquering megalomaniac left in my sights.”[/font]“Was that a threat?” asked Sakeme. “That seems... [/font]unwise,[/font] with your plan relying so much on my cooperation. You don’t seem particularly worried that I won’t take offense... perhaps even sabotage your precious plan...”[/font]“Oh, I’m pretty much counting on a little betrayal. That’s the thing with guys like you, always working an angle. Can’t say I know what it is, but I know the other shoe’s bound to drop sooner or later. You’re kinda predictable like that,” said Fade. “Since there’s nothing I can really do to stop that, I don’t see any reason not to deal honest with you. You’re a big boy - a four-hundred year old boy, to be more precise - I figure you can deal with it.”[/font]A wild look flashed in Fade’s eyes.[/font]“Now... how about we get this party started, huh?”[/font]With that he turned, flipping out the window. He hit the snowbank below and rolled to soften the impact; with Otherfade’s cloak drapped on his back, he couldn’t rely on his glider cape without raising Frigid’s suspicions. There was no door visible in the massive wall of ice before him, but Fade guessed he probably wouldn’t need one. Odds are Frigid sensed he was here the moment he hit the ground.[/font]“Hey, honey? [/font]I’m home![/font][/font]Sure enough, the ice started to rumble. Cracks began to form, pushing shards of ice inward and outward. Finally, they formed together into a gateway through the ice, ringed by rows and rows of razor-sharp icicles. Fade did his best to hide his apprehension as he took his first steps inside; he needed to sell his performance as Otherfade long enough for Plasmafire and Stella to get the first stage of his plan rolling. He supposed he’d find out if she bought it depending on whether or not the dozen icy daggers surrounding him came stabbing down in a few moments...[/font]---[/font]In the ruins of Edward Steele's former laboratory, the smoke and fire were just barely beginning to die down. Machinery exploded as flames licked their delicate mechanisms, raining showers of sparks in every direction. In the middle of all this lay the body of Otherfade, abandoned and forgotten while the lab collapsed around it. A trickle of water runs down his cheek, the icicle speared through his eye socket melting down to a puddle in the intense heat.Then, his other eye blinks.[For Science][/font]

Edited by Chronicler of Ko-Koro

No one in the world ever gets what they want,

and that is beautiful.

Everybody dies frustrated and sad,

and that is beautiful.

IC: Mastermind's shadow slowly began to creep out of the tunnel entrance, the cloaked owner stepping into the light with long, purposeful strides. His entrance was met with signifigantly more insults than "Whirlpool" and Fellwyd recieved, the reighing champion meeting the crowd with a cold glare before shifting that gaze to the pair before him. Showtime stood between them all, using impressive showboating charm to announce the fighters to the crowd, and re-iterate how this would be quite a show to see."Just get out of my way already and start it" the mutant was quick to become agitated, enough to falter Showtime into wrapping up and taking his leave of the field. As the brightly-dressed head of Superbeing Smackdown gracefully (yet hastefully) made his exit, Mastermind returned his gaze to the remaining pair. "Do not count on a repeat of yesterday to give you any kind of advantage. I don't know how you learned what you have.... but it will not help you conquer me"

breakdown_signature.jpg

The light becomes the dark...

IC - Sluice @ Superbeing Smackdown!"We don't want to conquer you... all we want is to talk," Sluice retorted, trying to keep the anxiety out of her voice. She didn't come any closer to Mastermind, keeping a distance of several feet between them. "If you can just answer some questions of mine, then we'll leave you alone." This was a half-lie; though Sluice was honest in that she had no desire to fight Mastermind just for the sake of it, she had every intention of reporting the place to the League later on so that Mastermind - and every other criminal here - could be properly apprehended. But she felt that threatening Mastermind now would only put him in less of a mood to give answers."You, um, told me yesterday that you'd... you'd sensed Silver's landing to Earth - that you'd attacked him, stolen his memories and powers... what I want to know is how exactly you did that and if... a-and if what you did resulted in Silver's... if Silver died because of it..."

Edited by Kumata

IC: "To what end, Whirlpool? The hero of which you speak met his end when the great Armarda Mothership imploded one month ago... even if the body survived, it would not be in a form you could squeeze information out of. My use of power and... oppotunities that present themselves are none of your concern. However I will say that empowering myself was not in itself fatal... but I left him for dead, just like those League friends of his did. Abandoning him to his fate... had they come for him I would not have been able to access him at all" Mastermind shot back quickly, slowing starting to pace in an arc. It began to become clear he was actually circling them slightly, almost like a hungry shark did its prey. His answer, however, was far less clear, revealing only that siphoning Silver's abilties would not have outright killed him alone.... but abandoning the probably-powerless and memoryless husk in a frozen wasteland might have.

breakdown_signature.jpg

The light becomes the dark...

:kaukau: IC: (Ivan, Manchester Airport)"I'm not indestructible. Never have been," said Ivan. "Do I look afraid? I know full well that you League members are a force to be dealt with. I've been to planets full of superheroes. They drive me crazy because they're so hard to control, but let's get something strait. I'm not afraid to make big enemies. This technopath attempted to invade someone's mind. That's my business. I'm going to see that justice is done either way, even if it means that a big league of superheroes comes after me. As far as I'm concerned, you're a very influential club, but not a sovereign authority with the right of government."Consider also that I somehow doubt that I'll become the league's most wanted fugitive for taking certain matters into my own hands, since after all I believe that's the point to the league itself. Even if they did make me their primary enemy, don't be ridiculous and pretend that they can defy reason. It's a real display of arrogance to spout oxymorons about downing twelve indestructible people a week. Obviously, they weren't really indestructible. What if you came across the problem of dealing with someone who really was? Besides that, Ike has nothing to do with this, so all the guilt as you perceive it is on me."I also know full well the situation. At this point, I believe that Lady Hexas' main power source was taken out of the sky, so she's no longer an immediate threat. As far as I'm concerned, there's no more need to keep this wretched example of humanity safe, and don't you dare call my moral obligations a revenge fantasy. This is what I do and this is what I've always done."Your Honor,Emperor Kraggh

IC(Whistler): "First off, you doing it often doesn't make it not a revenge fantasy. It just means that you make a habit of torturing people, have some idea that you've been appointed as the supreme arbiter of justice, and might even have a messiah complex on the side. That second thing is incorrect, by the way - I don't know what planet you're from, but this one has rules, both written and unwritten, that make sure that the list of people with more authority than you to decide what happens to this guy is long. If the League doesn't mean anything to you, the International Criminal Court and the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland should."The businessman adjusted his tie, paused to catch his breath, and finished."To reiterate, back off. You have about as much authority here as Sir Elton John does, only I don't feel like breaking his nose right now."

We will remember - Skies may fade and stars may wane; we won't forget

And your light shines bright - yes so much brighter shine on

We will remember - Until the skies will fall we won't forget

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

IC - Sluice @ Superbeing Smackdown!Sluice didn't want to believe that Silver had died on some harsh mountaintop only shortly after surviving his own self-sacrificial act that had destroyed the Armada Mothership. But she also didn't want to delude herself. In the circumstances Mastermind had described - and while he could be lying, there was little reason for him to be - then Silver's chances of survival were small.But if his memories were alive in Mastermind, could he truly be called dead? Ikusen Sakeme had survived as a psychic consciousness... was there a possibility that Silver's consciousness was buried somewhere within Mastermind's brain?"Why'd you have to take his memories?" Sluice questioned. She moved backwards slightly as Mastermind circled them, in order to keep him at a distance. Her heart was pounding; subconsciously she had tensed. "Was it an after-effect of the... process you used to steal his powers, or was it something else?" The problem with Mastermind's mutant features was that they were unreadable by any human standards. Sluice just didn't know whether to suspect him of having ulterior motives or not...

Edited by Kumata

:kaukau: OOC: Ivan's not going to outright say this, but he doesn't believe in torture. He does, however, believe in a process similar to talking a computer to death and will make villains hurt emotionally.IC: (Ivan, Manchester Airport)"You're telling me that when he hacked into Gadgeteer's mind, that meant nothing to you," said Ivan. "He only barely deserves to live, and even then he's earned himself a life of eternal remorse from the realization of what he's done. I still don't acknowledge any authority that the league has save for that over its own members...but I do believe in the social contract between the people of Great Britain and its government."He resigned, but then grabbed the technopath by the arm. "You'd better comply with the good cop." He let go. "And Saosin, bear in mind that I strongly believe he should be sent to an official prison sanctioned by the government. I believe you're going to have to compromise with me, as I have with your ally."Your Honor,Emperor Kraggh

OOC: You know, the intensity with which Ivan hates the idea of mind violation is going to prove an interesting obstacle when he is (inevitably) teamed up with a psychic hero...

Edited by Kumata

IC: (Lone)"alright, i'll get started." with that, Lone started to get work on the armor, and happy as well. the last time he had worked on anything was when he had finished modifying his armor to use as limbs.(Tragedy)Tragedy did the best thing he could do as an answer in wolf form, which was to leap up 3 stories, and keep running 'till he got to the top, grabed the railing, and did a flip over it. Tragedy then morphed back into human form, and put his mask back on. "what do you guys want to do now?"

War...war never changes.

We crawl, on our knees for you,
under, a sky no longer blue,
we sweat, all day long for you.

But we sow, seeds to see us though,
cause sometimes dreams just don't come true,
we wait, to reap what we are due.

-Rise Against, Re-Education (through Labor)

IC: Saosin (Manchester Airport, Manchester, England)"Actually, each League base acts as its own embassy, so if you want to get technical, it is its own--whatever."He moved closer to Captain Code."Forgive my...emotional...ally, Captain," Tilian said. "You can continue."-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

OOC: Gadgeteer had a strip built into his armor that rendered his thoughts into actions the armor carried out; that's what I assume he means.IC: Saosin (Manchester Airport, Manchester, England)"Romulus," Tilian repeated. "Well, isn't that just bloody fantastic. Hexas is a mythology geek."He turned back to the technopath."And you have no clue what his superpower could be?"-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

OOC: Yep, I did mention at the time that since Gadgeteer's suit was linked to his mind the virus was beginning to invade Viktor's brain. But thinking about it I don't know how anyone else knows about it... let's just say Viktor let the info slip in a moment of exhaustion just after the attack, without really considering how big of a secret of his armour he was giving away. Just another disadvantage for him to be paranoid about. :P

IC: (Lone)"alright, i'll get started." with that, Lone started to get work on the armor, and happy as well. the last time he had worked on anything was when he had finished modifying his armor to use as limbs.(Tragedy)Tragedy did the best thing he could do as an answer in wolf form, which was to leap up 3 stories, and keep running 'till he got to the top, grabed the railing, and did a flip over it. Tragedy then morphed back into human form, and put his mask back on. "what do you guys want to do now?"

IC:(ozo)i dont know,perhaps help out any nearby heroes?

check out my totally ORIGINAL youtube channel, Below Average Geeks!  I'm trying something different.its very small, so comments will be noticed and read.

just a poll.on a scale of one to ten, how likely are you to read a webcomic based on just this title: 'Neon Laser Dragons.'?

see these guys?

0VlbJ.gif  AjzI5.gif msLAB.gif cr1zz.gif

alrighty bros, listen up.

my lightning dragon is lonely.

click dis bebe dergen pls.

i know its dumb.

jus do it pls.for me, a'ight?

',:]

my Skrall--er, scroll.

IC: Saosin (Manchester Airport, Manchester, England)Saosin smirked a bit and chuckled; the others looked at him as if he'd lost his mind."What? No one else got that joke, real--whatever."He turned back to Captain Code."You know where we can find him?"-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC: Ember shrugged, rolling the joke over in his mind. "Romulus and Remus. Romulus got jealous and killed Remus, his twin, if I recall. I /get/ it, it just wasn't all that funny." He muttered to himself, raising an eyebrow. IC: Plasmafire pulled out his communicator, speaking quickly into it. "Roger that, Fade. Plasmafire out." He tucked the communicator away, and turned to Stella. "Alright, we wait one minute, then set the charges. We've got six minutes once we set the first charge to set the rest and get away." The other pyro nodded in response, and the pair waited... After the minute passed, they both took to the skies, each heading for their designated coordinates to place their charges...

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodies? Your grace."

"I know that one. 'Who watches the Watchmen?' Me, Mr. Pessimal."

"Ah, but who watches you, your grace?"

"I do that too. All the time."

If anyone would be interested in co-hosting a Discworld-themed RPG for OTC, please PM me!

IC: Saosin (Manchester Airport, Manchester, England)"Well, I thought it was funny..." he muttered, before turning back to Captain Code and waiting for his answer. If they could find this Romulus guy...-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

:kaukau: OOC: Just to clarify, I didn't actually imagine Ivan being that emotional, just cold and firm. He was certainly acting upon a strong opinion and it showed, although when I describe him specifically as emotional it will be reserved for a very special character moment.Also, I figured Ivan would know because he used a temporal camera in the markets of Tal'Mar to find the "afterimage" of the technopathic messages Captain Code sent out.IC: (Ivan, Manchester Airport)Ivan sighed. He didn't find the humor funny in the slightest. On one hand, he normally considered most humor except for the more academic and philosophic beneath him, and in this case he would certainly classify the technopath's little cluck far too unsophisticated for his higher mind. Then there was the simple fact that he didn't like the technopath.he spared a glance behind him. Idel was standing with her hands in her pockets, observing him from a distance, now clearly and fully in love. He hated that he was the source of her distorted sense of free will. On one hand, he thought he should have examined his body wash before using it, but he wasn't that way. It was something that had just happened and he no longer had any control over that. No point in getting caught up in personal guilt at this point."Just get to the point," said Ivan, looking back at Captain Code but keeping his distance. The interrogation was technically out of his hands now, but he was still impatient. "I'm not satisfied that you're telling him everything. Were there any small details that you initially overlooked? What did he wear? What were his facial features? How did he walk? In what way would he arrive? At what times did he arrive?"Your Honor,Emperor Kraggh

IC:[/font]Stella rocketed up along the side of the tower, the trail of flames blazing behind her little more than a flicker of light against the side of the massive spire. She hovered near a crack in the ice, pulling one of the charges off a belt of explosives. Stella wedged the blast charge into the crack, twisting the timer back. It began to beep, ticking down towards the end of its countdown. Stella soared off again, rushing to plant the rest of the explosives before the timer hit zero...[/font]---[/font]Fade emerged through the other side of the gate, stepping out into a massive hall. Light shone through the layers of ice, reflecting and refracting, casting dizzying patterns of light onto the walls. Massive columns of frost lined the walls, an equally impressive staircase took up the whole other end of the room. Snow and ice began to pull together in the air, and the frosty apparition of Frigid descended the staircase.[/font]"I wasn’t expecting you back here so soon, Bryan,” she said. “After I didn’t sense you returning from your mission... well, you’ll forgive me for assuming the worst.”“Yeah... figured it’d be best if I stayed low, kept phased most of the way,” Fade said with a shrug, nonchalantly leaning against one of the pillars. “Might have gone poorly if I’d ran into that little gang of League rebels. I mean, what with me killing their leader and all, I doubt they’ve been happy to see me?”“X-Calibur is dead, then?” asked Frigid, raising a frosted eyebrow.[/font]“I’d assume so. That’s usually what happens after someone stabs you, isn’t it?” said Fade. “I didn’t stick around to watch him shuffle off this mortal coil; just smashed the Supercharger and got outta there.”[/font]Fade threw back the hood of his cloak, glancing back and forth about the hall.[/font]“So... any chance we could have this chat somewhere more, y’know, in person?” he asked. “I kinda feel like I’m getting the cold shoulder down here... well, more than the usual, of course...”[/font]Frigid’s icy apparition merely smirked slyly before dissolving. The walls at the end of the stairs slid back, revealing another tunnel taking him further into the ice. The entrance Fade had come in through slid shut like it had never existed. Not that it’d really stop Fade, of course, but somehow he figured Frigid would suspect something was up if he made a break for it. No going back now, he supposed...[/font][For Science!][/font]

No one in the world ever gets what they want,

and that is beautiful.

Everybody dies frustrated and sad,

and that is beautiful.

NPC: Carapace was just wishing he had thought to make popcorn when Ivan's little rant concluded at last. He had been surprisingly cold for the whole thing - rather reminded Carapace of himself - but his unshakable certainty and emphasis on certain parts spoke to a fury hidden under the logic. Well, not like he would be the first to confuse 'justice' with 'retribution' and go off on his own for that sort of thing. Hadn't there been a case of that just this week? Scorchmark, if he remembered correctly (he always did). Ah, well. For now it was possible (though unlikely considering Ivan's approach) that more information was forthcoming, so he instructed his plant to observe closely.As for the plant himself, Carapace considered him a slightly unfortunate necessity. A teenager with the most interesting teleportation powers, he didn't seem to have a maximum range. He only needed a general idea of where on the globe (relative to himself) and a few pictures to get his bearings. More than that, he was very good at not being noticed, even if seen. Carapace often paid him to observe a situation with a camera phone that he himself had tweaked to record accurately from a hundred yards away, including a listening device just under the camera. And after all, a teenager recording a bunch of supers from a distance with a camera phone was among the least unusual sights one could see these days.Now if only he weren't also a smart-mouthed teenager, an unrepentant lech, a greedy little twerp- Well, at least he was effective.{H-D}

Edited by Half-Dragon

Good to conquer evil
Lies to fight the truth
Are any of us only saints or sinners

Or is it always Red versus Blue?

OOC: Am I reading into this wrong Half-Dragon, or was that confirmation that Scorchmark was the mysterious person Magneta & Surge were going after? I suspected it was him, and in fact drew a pic for when his identity was revealed... well, since you dropped that plotline I might as well post it now.

Scorchmark.png

IC - Gadgeteer @ Manchester AirportThe Russian's mood began to improve as he and Lone quietly worked. Panels were screwed on tight, metal was hammered into shape, wires were soldered together... eventually the armoured battle suit around Viktor resembled its old self, save for a few additional lumps and protruding bits of metalwork. Most of the tech he had integrated was stored safely on the inside, for a time when, as he had told Saosin, he could afford more time to upgrade his armour.Now there was just one last matter to take care of. Power. The Dreadnought armour had sported advanced power cores that had allowed it to operate for days. Not so with this inferior model. The fiasco at Jodrell had run its reserves pretty low.Gadgeteer stood up and turned away from Lone. A panel on his back sprung open, allowing a thick black cable to dangle out."We must locate a source of electrical power so that I can recharge," said Gadgeteer...

OOC: Basically, yeah. Guy hit kind of a 'slippery slope' period after the invasion. Worth noting that, in a one-shot I had meant to post at some point, he built up a bit more muscle and added some light armor to the outfit (plated the fists, forearms, lower legs and upper torso specifically) but other than that the picture is actually way cooler than what I had in mind. So... Rockin' http://www.bzpower.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/cool.pngHe also got a bit of... highly-experimental genetic modification to enhance his powers significantly.XH-DX

Good to conquer evil
Lies to fight the truth
Are any of us only saints or sinners

Or is it always Red versus Blue?

OOC: Right, so, LoL aside, I have a life. And BZP has been a fading part of it. Fear not, however, still gonna try to stay in this. XD

Dieter Geist, Grau/Jocasta's LibraryIC:

Grau, rolled his eyes and, making himself exceptionally light, flipped over Madness's head, keeping his arm tightly clenched around the neck. Then, planning to slam both into the floor and likely dealing exceptional damage to the spine and brain stem of his target, he became extremely dense as his feet came to slam into Jocasta's shoulders. Two birds, one stone-like man. Hopefully.

This is a signature that describes me as a person. Lazy, dry, and overall just a procra...

*insert placeholder signature here*

:kaukau: OOC: Huh. Initially I had vied for a character like the teleporter mentioned in place of Ivan, but TPTI shot it down.IC: (Ivan, Manchester Airport)Ivan sensed something off. he already knew that one teleporter was potentially still nearby and his senses had been alert all the while. However, something new had triggered them. Now that he was less focused on the technopath he was more in-tune with his surroundings.He caught the fellow out of the corner of his eye. He had appeared at a long distance, seemingly out of nowhere. Ivan recognized that it was actually out of nowhere. He could either have the power of invisibility or teleportation, but he reasoned for the latter due to the way his balance shifted ever so slightly upon his appearance.Ivan continued to hold his gun carefully. He suspected that the intruder was a villain, but he couldn't be entirely sure. He hadn't spent enough time on this version of Earth to get a full idea of who were friends and who were enemies at a glance. However, if the lad did anything further suspicious, he would surely shoot him in some non-vital area.He wished Ike was here. The dimensioneering supergenius had a way with messing up teleporters when necessary. Ivan smirked when he thought of the times they had caught the nuisance Magical Jack. The little ignoramus had it coming.Your Honor,Emperor Kraggh

IC: (Lone)"Tap into my armor. the fusion core that powers my armor should be enough to charge your suit, and im willing to make a deal with you. Give me the spec to make the mental uplink in your armor, i'll give you some of the parts and the specs to make the nanoforge i have." Lone said this bluntly, and hoping victor would say yes.

War...war never changes.

We crawl, on our knees for you,
under, a sky no longer blue,
we sweat, all day long for you.

But we sow, seeds to see us though,
cause sometimes dreams just don't come true,
we wait, to reap what we are due.

-Rise Against, Re-Education (through Labor)

IC: Plasmafire rocketed in the opposite direction of Stella, heading to the other side of the tower. He set the charge in a conveniently placed crack, set the timer, and raced off to set more charges, counting down in his mind. 5 minutes, 45 seconds...

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodies? Your grace."

"I know that one. 'Who watches the Watchmen?' Me, Mr. Pessimal."

"Ah, but who watches you, your grace?"

"I do that too. All the time."

If anyone would be interested in co-hosting a Discworld-themed RPG for OTC, please PM me!