Bionicle Fighter: Broken Virtues

Katuko

Way ahead of ya there. ;) A Metroid top-down shooter is a project of mine that is well underway, but it stagnated because I couldn't get the multiplayer working. Now that I am getting there, so might Metroid and BIONICLE Fighter both.

Better: make both. At the same time. In the same game.Metroid + BIONICLE... IT MUST HAPPEN.

IrMSNn3.png

Way ahead of ya there. ;) A Metroid top-down shooter is a project of mine that is well underway, but it stagnated because I couldn't get the multiplayer working. Now that I am getting there, so might Metroid and BIONICLE Fighter both.

Better: make both. At the same time. In the same game.Metroid + BIONICLE... IT MUST HAPPEN.
Put that on the "Must force Katuko to do" list. Maybe after he's done with Bionicle Fighter...

Even if you choose another character? That's strange, because that problem does not happen for me or my local testers. I'm guessing this was over a local net? Did you unzip the file before running it?I notice that you also had problem with BF, as it apparently keep freezing on you. What are your system specs?

Sorry, I confused you with Toa Sonis, you both have Takua as your avatars. :)Anyways, if you can move and shoot just fine but the character uses the wrong sprite, I dunno. Do the user names show up right?

Edited by Katuko

Wasn't Blur working on an rpg like that called "Matoroid" before the downtime?too bad he isn't around now

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

Apparently, but when I Googled it I barely found any info at all on his apparent site. Nevermind that, though, because I will not be making a crossover, at least not at this point in time. I might post a new topic for my Metroid game in the Off Topic section later, once it gets further in development. This was mostly to test networking.

• 2 weeks later...

Status update: A few things appear to have gone to that subterranean area filled with fire and brimstone. After finally doing some work and making Gravity work as burst-fire instead of a stream, the game doesn't want to start. It goes past the loading screen, then it immediately closes for some reaon I haven't yet determined.On the bright side, this is why I save a new version of the file every day, so that I always have at least 10 different backups. :P The previous one works, so all that was lost was the new gravity projectile. However, since I have no idea where the error appeared, I dunno how to proceed. I will upload the things I can either today or tomorrow, though that isn't much new. Might need to redo some stuff here. A serious amount of stuff. I'd have to do that anyways before I can add online support, so no worries, but long waits are of course annoying for us all.EDIT: Might have been a false alarm, and it's all your fault, guys. :lol: I disable error pop-ups before I upload any version to the net, so that in the case of an error you will only get a log file instead of a big pop-up. And yeah, that setting was still like that in my testing version, so a rather simple problem appeared to be a major one. Moving on. Back on schedule.

Edited by Katuko

@gdfgdfgdfice: Yes, it would be a file called "game_errors.txt".@TOA PIRAKA HAKANN 3.0: Thanks, but I've already looted the old Rayg sprite topic for as good as everything. :P Due to the way I make the levels, I mostly avoid using sprite props for them. The spawn points are the Suva from that sheet with the top cut off, though, and said top works as the teleporter pads.Gravity now works correctly in its new form; so I'm moving on to Sonics, then likely Heat Vision. I was thinking I'd toss in some new sound effects and try to do some small fixes here and there, then I'll give you the new version.I'll be working on maps, too.

Sure. :)- In Ta-Koro, I need to add a stone fortress where the scaffolding is now, the well-known bridge mechanism in the left lava pool and a simple elevator of sorts for the right-side cliff outpost. A few Matoran NPCs might be added here and there for flair.- Mangaia needs to be more than just a flat cave, something I hope to fix by adding glowing green pillars (once I figure out how to make decent ones) and likely a pool of lethal Energized Protodermis. The Master of Shadows himself will be the boss of this map, but he won't appear for some time yet since he's tricky to program.- Kini-Nui is being made (here is a preview I have posted before), though I lack lush green trees to put on each side of the map (they will act as the edge barrier to prevent people sliding off-screen). In the end I'll also make it a compound map with Mangaia, with the center platform concealing a tunnel to Makuta's lair. This map will have some Rahi spawn from the edges once I program them.- Karda Nui has a big empty sky area and a useless mass of rock as its center pillar. Might see some tunnels added, plus some sort of cave up by the cave ceiling. I have made some new Rama hive graphics that will be added soon. The Keystone might get split into six pieces and hidden in semi-random places in order to prevent the Codrex of being opened immediately. Some new adversaries may eventually be programmed and added as guardians of these pieces.- The layout of Onu-Koro's Great Mine has been sketched, but I haven't made it digital yet. Thisarea will be a lot taller than it's wide, but unlike Karda Nui I intend to add ledges and elevators so you aren't forced into flying. The potential for a long (not to mention painful) fall will of course still be there.- Water-oriented map: Ga-Koro. It will replace the kinda shoddy beach test map once done. Features: long beach and floating leaf huts for land-based combat, but also a decently sized underwater area with a cave to make use of the otherwise empty land under the beach. No work has been done on this map yet, because I suck at making the leaf graphics look good. :P- Mt. Ihu, a proper ice map with some snow as well that is not as slippery. I think I'll have to fix the ice sliding before I'll bother to work on this map, though, especially since there already is a semi-cruddy ice map.

Edited by Katuko

Note that the only reason I haven't added some few more Rahi yet is due to a lack of sprites. Nui-Rama only needed flapping wings, so they were easy, but most other creatures need more elaborate animations.

right I forgot about that.....out of all the things in a kit Rahi have the least poses.....do you think it is possible to use a kit that might have more poses for rahi? I am not saying switch kits entirely I am just saying use a separate kit for rahi that are not in rayg and or do not have many poses. Just a suggestion.

Random note: I keep getting surprised by what the bots do to mess with me. I just ran into a Toa of Air with a constantly active Garai, which meant that whenever I was lifted up by tornadoes I was too heavy to fly away. This made the tornado into less of a "fling" power and more of a continuous blender. :lol:

Edited by Katuko

Well, okay. :DI'd imagine the Rahkshi of Limited Invulnerability would work something like Hau. Having abilities that lessen damage and stop damage all together.The Rahkshi of Electricity could have less of a long range attack, to make it somewhat different then Chain Lightning. For example, electrifying both their melee weapons and themselves, so that weapons do additional damage and enemies take damage when they attack the Rahkshi.Rahkshi of Power Scream could deal a foward cone of damage, as well as generally deafening enemies.Molecular Disruption could have attacks similar to the Jutlin, destroying armor/weapons/masks. Perhaps one that does damage over time, like the Jutlin, and another attack that drains all energy and does instantaneous damage based on the amount of energy used.Rahkshi of Stasis Field might have one ability that sets up a weak Stasis Field that slows down attacks, projectiles, and enemies that enter it. Another ability might freeze enemies completely in a stronger Stasis Field, but cost more energy.And a little random thought on Laser Vision/Heat Vision: Heat Vision could be more of a "heat up" attack, while Laser Vision could be more piercing.Just some thoughts I had. :3

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

Due to game mechanics I have condensed most of those powers into sort of "compound characters". So Molecular Disruption essentially falls under Disintegration, since both affect organic matter. I was thinking of modifying Disintegration to be less random, instead dealing major item damage depending on level. Another option would be to have disintegration split its damage between items and the user at random, so a 100 damage bolt could do its full 100 to HP or an item, or it could randomly decide to do 61 to armor, 23 to mask and 16 to HP. But that might be too random and even underpowered.Heightened damage resistance in general will be a power available to Adaptation.Electrifying melee weapons will be a feature, but come standard for already-electric Toa and Rahkshi. In short I am planning to let any element/power be channeled through melee weapons so long as that weapon doesn't already have a power. So pressing F with a Fire Sword in hand will always give you ignition, but pressing F with a Jagged Knife will give you whatever effect is tuned to your power. This means the addition of some new melee powers, as well as some generic weapons without pre-applied effects. Instead of being a flat ELM increase, this would change the Power Sword to have a much larger magnitude of and resistance to wear from such channeled powers.Laser Vision and Heat Vision, again, are very similar. A "heat up" attack is planned, though I'm unsure of how to make it, exactly. I was thinking that primary laser vision is a quick burst shot in a straight line, while the secondary is sort of a continuous burn attack that can either be slightly aimed or simply fires in a random cone. Both attacks would be hit-scan, kinda like a burn version of lightning.Stasis Field is interesting, though I was thinking Slow would have such a slowing field power. The other use for it, immobilizing enemies, may or may not overlap with Ice. We'll see how I change Ice. I was thinking that while frozen most attacks should do less damage to you, but being shattered then applies extra damage as it already does.Now, Plasma. The graphics used for shielding yourself looks bad, quite simply, as it's a cloud that by all means doesn't look too solid and obscures your view a bit much. I'll probably whip up a new "plasma dispersion" in After Effects, similar to the Guren Mk II's "Radiant Wave" in Code Geass...In other news: Armor types. I have a few potential ideas listed. Nuva Armor will be the standard fare I think; 50% standard damage reduction at the cost of 1 DEX. Ditto for Elemental Armor, which will give about 30% resistance to both regular and elemental attacks, again at the cost of 1 DEX. If I revise the stat system, I might eliminate the point cost for equipment and instead have each equipment choice weigh individually. So armor has its ups and downs, while weapons could have a new one added: "Martial training". :P Allows you to deal weapon-level damage with your fists, but has the usual very short range. On the other hand, you can never lose your weapon and be rendered vulnerable that way. We'll see how this works when shields finally make it in, since they should add a new dimension to combat.Now, armor. tell me what you think of these ones:Heavy Armor: -2 DEX, 50% DR, resists some knock-back like Toa of Stone. Such Toa would be rendered immune to them.Spiked Armor: -1 DEX, 30% DR, deals minor contact damage to enemies.Magnetic Armor: 10% DR, disarms enemies when struck.Gravity Armor: 20% DR, prevents fall damage by automatically slowing falls. Cannot be used for flight or high jumps.Energy Armor: 25% DR, -1 ELM, gains EP by taking elemental damage.

It's a bug that occurs occasionally on some computers. Just be glad you're not that guy who got 10,000 deaths or something.... :P
I did.

-Rahkshi Guurahk
GENERATION 3: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
If I actually tried putting all the stuff I like on here, the sig would burst.

d1O9dXQ.png

(This banner is created by http://www.bzpower.com/board/user/59020-onaku/ )

For the record, if anyone wanna help (even if you only make ###### I can still build on it :P) the sprites I have not yet created myself include:Characters- Toa face-planting- Rahkshi falling down (both ways)- Rahkshi walking slowly- Some pose for both as if recoiling from a blow (without falling, will be used for stun and shield-breaking attacks)- Both swimming (without breaststrokes, just kinda like jumping but with paddling legs)- Both posing as if dashing forwards/backwards- Both kneeling to pick up an item- Rahkshi Guurahk staff head (Disintegration)- Exo-Toa punching/kicking (possibly even some crude jump via boosters or something)Items- Mohtrek- Shelek- Some more "non-powered" melee weapons (swords, axes, maces, etc.)Possible creatures- Visorak walking- Hydruka walking- Spinax walking/running/jumpingAnd more. And this is just the work on the sprite front, and not even half of it; given that this does not involve chopping them apart and making them ready for color-blending. :lol:

Edited by Katuko

Well the work you've done so far has been pretty great, I love that you've brought back older characters and rahi, I presently have no knowledge of what you have worked on though since I downloaded the game, but more unplayable monsters would be greatly appreciated (like kikonalo, nui-jaga, so on) I hope you will keep up the good work, I tried to create a similar game awhile back, but my computer crashed recently (With my rule list and everything, which isn't that great because it was a multiplayer game) but I so far love the sprites used, (though a couple of masks are missing some noble or great forms) you have definitely given yourself a name, if you are looking for any ideas (be it with maps and levels, game flow, characters, weapons, etc.), I would be glad to help, but as far as software goes, I can offer very limited help as I've informed my computer is down, Though I did use the same program as you :) oh and lastly, though I'm not a huge fan of the glatorian half of bionicle, it might be nice to add 1 helmet like mask that has no power (or does) and ups all of your stats, and instead of making all the separate helmets that came out, just make them like additions of themselves (like the noble huna, great huna) just click on the helmet and find the one you want sort of thing, and like you said, for more choices it would be cool to add a button that would allow color blend on masks, or weapons per say, and just check it on or off, and be able to change both colors, happy to help, I'm a big bionicle fan and concentrate more on the aspects of the culture and early island, then the fighting, so again, happy to help, good luck

Edited by banana92

I'm digging I'm digging I'm digging I'm digging

I'm digging I'm digging

I'm digging I'm digging I'm digging I'm digging

I'm digging

@banana92: NPC enemies are hard to add because I lack a lot of the sprites I need for them, but I'll be trying to make the game in general more rewarding as far as variety goes in the future. I'm glad you like what there is so far, and ideas are always welcome (thought I might not use most of them due to how much stuff I'm already doing).I'm going to add a lot of new weapon sprites later, with no specific power (you will be able to channel your own instead). I could very well add a mask/helmet with no specific power that contains the otherwise non-functional sprites (such as the Komau, won't be programming Mind Control because of how hard that is).laservision_1.png@Everyone: New version is out! 9.5 adds Rahkshi of Laser Vision and finally fixes Gravity: Since I failed to deliver Sonics this time, and since you've waited for so long, I instead added a little something to the Ta-Koro map. I won't say what it is here, but note that you will need to have AI enemies turned on in order to find it. Player bots can be turned off, and I recommend you do the first time.Oh, and I also got a new file host: Dropbox. Dropbox is nice in that I can just drag-n-drop files directly on my desktop, so I might churn out smaller updates quicker once I get that up and going properly.So, enjoy. :)

Edited by Katuko

Someone needs to make a tier list for this game. :)

Every moment gives us a chance to become more than what we are.

-Ryu, Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike: Fight for the Future

Not luck. It's what you do that makes you a hero.

-Kopaka Nuva, MoL

I have but one destiny.

-Takanuva, MoL

rtll200x160.png

It might be wise to wait with the tier list until all the powers are finalized, but I can definitely see some differences in power here and there. I seek to balance everything out in the end, but that is of course hard to do perfectly. If you want to make a tier list now, go ahead. :lol: