Bionicle Fighter: Broken Virtues

Katuko

Why not four?
Because "Or something." ;) I forgot that the sets hold 4 leeches and just went with 3 because that's a common number. Rule of Three and all.
Tridax bomb grenade? Yes. The lightstone rifle is for rahkshi, while the tridax grenade is for Toa. I like it.
Hm, again, please note that these weapons will have exactly the same effect regardless of is hit by them; except if their special abilities interfere with the weapon (knockback resistance on Toa of Stone, blind resistance on Rahkshi of Adaptation, etc).Progress report:- Updated Exo-Toa boss as revealed earlier in this topic.- Fixed items floating across the ground (hopefully).- As per the discovery made earlier: Rebalanced Gravity to have less insane differences between high and low stat levels. Lowest effect value has been raised, upper value stays about the same.- Added Teleportation secondary ability. Places a warp point that can later be warped back to. It fades away after about a minute if not used, and can be removed so you can place a new one by pressing Absorb once.- Added throwing knives as a weapon.I still lack trees for Kini-Nui, so I'll just skip a bit on them. Better with a half-done map than no map. I'll also be working a bit on mask powers that are missing (Olmak is now an option for me to program, though the graphics won't be too fancy) and maaaybe the Felnas. I tried Kdin again; failed miserably. It never feels right. Edited by Katuko

You know there is a glitch with armor that makes character hardly or unable to move after respawn.I don't want to push you but why don't you make elemental powers and abilities first with making existing weapons and Kanohi usable then new weapons? I think you should finish more fundamental things first and then add some extra stuff like new weapons.

Hello and welcome ^^
Bionicle fan and follower from Lublin in Poland. Theoretician, nerd and figure collector. The same goes for Transformers and MLP:FiM and more sophisticated works of science fiction fantasy.
I'd like to be your friend my friends :)
My facebook: https://www.facebook.com/butterscotch.pl.

Armor glitch? Haven't hit that one. Do you get any error messages?And yeah, scope creep is a dangerous thing. The problem is that I just work on random things as I feel like it, because the fundamentals require rewriting in order for me to keep building on them. Shields, for example, will be hard to add without new animations, and new animations are hard to add because I was a moron when I wrote the code for the original character object. Rewriting is boring, and I'm a procrastinator. :/

Edited by Katuko

any progress on the felnas? And to loganto^ Nice banner.

-Rahkshi Guurahk
GENERATION 3: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
If I actually tried putting all the stuff I like on here, the sig would burst.

d1O9dXQ.png

(This banner is created by http://www.bzpower.com/board/user/59020-onaku/ )

The Mahiki will not make you shapeshift, at least not for the moment. This is because I've already planned it around false images of yourself. It will, however, be able to switch your team appearance. The Rahkshi of Shapeshifting will be able to change its physical form, either randomly with a quick press or into a specific being if you hold it down and target it.No progress on the Felnas, since I'm not entirely sure how it would be best to program it. Again, if I had not been stupid when I first programmed powers, having them auto-trigger would have been a lot easier, but as it is I'll have to (*sigh*) rewrite some code to make it work.Team games... that reminds me, I'll have to make a toggle for friendly fire. The Toa Mata that currently appear in Ta-Koro are labeled as the same team, and that works perfectly for them not attacking each other, but their attacks meant for others still hit their own teammates as well.

You know what's REALLY fun in this game? A Toa of Air in Ta-Koro with an ice gun and a Kanohi of Quick Travel. It'll be even better once all the air abilities are filled in. For now, with that setup, you can just camp on spawn and throw tornadoes if necessary, or you can teleport behind an enemy (or above them!), shoot them, then send them flying a few time (they usually die.). You can also use your Kanohi to fly, though it drains energy. Using the tornado attack to block projectiles is fun too. :) Another cool one is a Toa of Gravity with a Kakama, and an ice weapon--- you can guess what that's for.Basically kills most Rahkshi really easily... and you get a HUGE boost to the surface of the water map if you run towards the slope on the side of the water with the Kakama active. It's a lot of fun to sit just above the water's surface and dunk your enemies... :PI'll update this post with other fun or cool combos as I get them...

Edited by Tanu Toa of Earth
toatanusignature.png

Sorry for the radio silence guys, but I've had stuff to do lately that has kept me from programming much. I've decided to say "screw the trees" and just pieced up the Kini-Nui's ground into parts for map loading. At least it's a step closer.

If you make a bota magna, spherus magna, or voya nui map, could you add velika as a boss?

-Rahkshi Guurahk
GENERATION 3: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

d1O9dXQ.png

If you make a bota magna, spherus magna, or voya nui map, could you add ... as a boss?
Dude... spoilers! (Not that every fan didn't immediately read the announcement immediately)Anyways, why and how? So far we haven't seen any of his powers or fighting tactics - it could very well be that he's not actually that powerful, just smart and cunning.

IrMSNn3.png

Velika is a Matoran. He has no fighting abilities worth a darn unless I spin some from whole cloth, and I'm not too keen on making Bara Magna maps anyways. So no, there will be no Velika boss, even if he is a Great Being.

I haven't even finished the previous boss I promised, and that was I dunno how long ago. Months. I need to keep some semblance of focus. ;)

Edited by Katuko

Ok. (sorry) I didn't remember to make a spoiler tag.

-Rahkshi Guurahk

d1O9dXQ.png

About 3 months since the last update, so here ya go: new version. As usual I didn't even do half the stuff I was planning on doing, but here is what is in the update:- New Exo-Pyro attacks and improved graphics.- Basic Kini-Nui map. As with the rest, it will eventually be developed more.- Teleportation secondary ability. Places a warp point that can later be warped back to.- New weapon: Throwing Knives.- Rebalanced Toa of Gravity to be more consistently useful when it comes to gravity shifting at lower stat levels.- Some other fixes here and there.

Turrets sound more like Vortixx or Skakdi to me, because Vortixx are tech-savvy and the Piraka constructed Nektann sentries on Voya Nui. I foresee that if Vortixx ever makes it in sometime in the future, they will be using gadgets like special weapons, Rhotuka powers and grappling hooks to make up for their lack of powers.

I've played the game. And I've been using Windows XP, not one of the recommended versions of Windows, which are Vista or 7.It's indeed an awesome game. Just need multiplayer (;)) and fix a few other stuff and it'll be finished.

banner_friendorfoe1.png

"You listen well, brother--" *WHAP!* (gets hit by Iron Man)

"...I'm listening."

Thor and Loki, Marvel's The Avengers

There is a glitch with the toa of lightning where if you are in the codex and fire your primary attack at the wall it drains your energy really fast and no lightning comes out.

"I once thought that I was the only one who fantasized about Bionicle; that no one else could have that little of a life.

Then I went on BZPower.

biofighter_banner_platform.png

Just call me Taka or TNI

It's indeed an awesome game. Just need multiplayer (;)) and fix a few other stuff and it'll be finished.
"Just" multiplayer, the rest of the special powers, shields, and some actual game modes. :P
There is a glitch with the toa of lightning where if you are in the codex and fire your primary attack at the wall it drains your energy really fast and no lightning comes out.
I'll look into it.

If it was something like "the game won't load at all" or "my screen display is four kinds of messed up", it would be more likely to be your computer. With in-game trouble such as this, however, it's probably the game programming that does it.

I quite like this game. I've played with some interesting power combos, to be sure (Toa of Ice + Cordak Blaster + Kaukau + Water Map). Quick comments:-When jumping out of the water with a Miru, Rahkshi, or Toa of Gravity, holding the jump button causes an infinite, no-energy-cost, moon-jump until the button is released. This can lead to self-destructs at the top screen boundary as well. You might want to look into this (something in the "flight" coding overlapping with the "jumping in water/swimming" coding, perhaps?).-For the Felnas, I would suggest that it simply trigger the character's "emanate" power, but make the Felnas-user immune to the effect instead of the elementalist. This way, it's simpler to code, and some less-damaging effects (such as Water's currently unavailable rainstorm) help to counter use of a Felnas.-I would suggest that the type of Rahkshi staff gained is able to be chosen (possibly by clicking on an icon of its spear tip to the left of the name, similarly to changing Kanohi shapes). This could lead to... interesting... combinations of, say, a Staff of Shapeshifting with a Mask of Illusion. It's hard to plan a fighting style around a random weapon.-On the second test map (the water-filled one), characters will occasionally respawn and be stuck with an extremely low jump and no lateral motion until their next death - which tends to come very quickly due to their exposed position. I really have no idea what's causing this, though I haven't seen it occur anywhere but that map.-Long-term, I'd like to see some Skakdi, who must channel elements through their weapon but get a vision power (probably associated with each element) and possibly an extra power. Other races like Vortixx might help as well.-For Exo-Toa, I'd like to see defeating them making them useable as armor until damaged enough. The flaming Exo-Toa'd be especially cool to pilot in my opinion.-The Suva shrines are really irritating - they essentially offer unlimited elemental energy, which (when combined with some Toa, such as Ice, Air or Gravity) is one of the most overpowered options in the game. It might be better to make them more dome-like and in the background, and force them to be triggered manually with a button press to make people standing there vulnerable.Alternately, you could make Suvas re-spawn points only, and provide some other options (Mask of Elemental Energy, one of those Vuca whatchamacallit fruits from 2001) to restore health or elemental energy.-I'd recommend decreasing some Rahkshi's mobility (such as Fragmentation, which is already overpowered), but keeping the boosted flight for some (Gravity, Vacuum...).-Quick idea for the Faxon: Has a different effect in each arena (depending on how many arenas you have, this may or may not be a good idea). I was imagining slower, faster-draining Levitation in Karda Nui, Water Breathing in that water map, and slightly weakened Speed in Kini-Nui, though I'm not picky on which powers end up where. Alternately, it could just copy a targeted foe's mask power (if a Toa) or primary power (if it's a Rahkshi). This might be easier if you plan on having a lot of arenas.-For the Psionics power, why not allow Telekinesis? I'm imagining it as an invisible, medium-ranged projectile which allows the player to move a foe it hits for a limited time....That's all I can think of for now, though I'll try to let you know if I notice any more bugs/have any decent ideas.

Edited by Meta-Mind

BZPRPG TIME, where you could have one post talk about dinner, and the next about lunch.

Time is beyond relative here.

There's no reason not to put lasers in the palms of planet-sized robots. In fact, if I had my own planet-sized robot, palm lasers would be one of my first upgrades.

BZPRPG Profiles [outdated]

May or may not be back from a multi-year hiatus. We'll see how this works out...

<Stuff>
Ah, lots to reply on here. I'll take it in order. Glad to hear you like the game. :)The problems with water and jumping is one several bugs with the movement system I'll have to iron out. Other spotlights include magic turbo-moonwalk, walking sharply uphill seemingly boosting your speed, knockback effects only working properly when struck in the back, and levitation sometimes failing to switch off or causing weird friction results.Having the Felnas trigger Emanate abilities is a decent idea, but what I mostly got out that line there is something I hadn't thought of. If I set the Felnas-user as the "owner" of the "power projectiles", then that means I can have the user get damaged from their own out-of-control power while still making the Felnas come out on top at such short range. I'd likely make it a bit random which power gets triggered per use of the Felnas.The Rahkshi Staff was made random when held by a non-Rahkshi precisely so that people couldn't plan their strategy around it; though I guess I might reconsider that later. I was just thinking that if you could guarantee getting Magnetism, for example, then a non-Magnetism Toa could be certain that they had a disarming power at their disposal, and that could be quite powerful when paired with other builds.Skadki and other races have been discussed, but it's not something I will prioritize until I'm more done with the two I have now. I did make some Vortixx sprites, and I have Skakdi on a sheet somewhere, but yeah... they'll have to wait.Piloting Exo-Toa will definitely be in, it's just a bit tricky to program with my current spawn setup. I'll have to refine that as well, hopefully fixing Suva, game modes and respawning in general once I do. The reason why the Suva heal right now, for example, is that sometimes you spawn with less than full health/EP. And that's bad. ;)I've been toying with the idea of making killed enemies drop a small portion of health-restoring energy. The amount would be based on how much damage you did to them recently. Dropping a straggler would therefore give little reward, while killing someone from full health would give you enough to keep going (since the battle likely paid a toll on you as well.Somewhat overpowered abilities such as Fragmentation was at first meant to be counteracted by the necessity to put points into Strength and Element, thus making the balancing factor less health, speed and available energy points. However, there is another thing that will somewhat fix it: Right now there is now "throw" animation. The energy beam fires instantly, and with its speed and large hitbox it can be very hard to dodge. Once I add in some more animation, several powers should be more balanced overall, since you would be able to see it coming (at least a split second before). Compare dodging a Rahkshi power versus dodging an Exo-Toa rocket.The Faxon, if implemented, will not depend directly on the map, but on the environment. Limited flight in Karda Nui would be useless, for example, when a Miru or Kadin could be used instead. Since it's hard to find a good way of making it work, it's not on the list at the moment.Telekinesis is set to be a Psionic power, and the Matatu will use it as well. :)And yes, do speak up if you have any more comments. I love feedback and discussion. (And glorious praise. :D)

Two words: Team Deathmatch. Something that could slow down the action. Sometimes there are so many enemies with everyone vs everyone makes a big mess. There should be also:* option to limit number of players.* 2 type's of attacks light, heavy with guarding + some little combos (not only stabbing).* ability to have 2 twin weapons.* more health - sometimes you die too fast.Sorry if I demand too much from you.

Hello and welcome ^^
Bionicle fan and follower from Lublin in Poland. Theoretician, nerd and figure collector. The same goes for Transformers and MLP:FiM and more sophisticated works of science fiction fantasy.
I'd like to be your friend my friends :)
My facebook: https://www.facebook.com/butterscotch.pl.

Team matches and other game modes will definitely be in sooner or later. The same goes for more game settings and more varied melee. I'm not sure how I'd do dual-wielding. I could go the route of simply making melee attacks alternate between hands for 50% better speed with no block option, but then I should probably also make them slow elemental powers a bit to balance it out.The health situation will be improved by better animations, the ability to block and other things. I agree that some things kill too quickly right now.

Out of curiosity, why would this appear several times in a row in tthe error log?ERROR inaction number 1of Collision Event with object obj_bot_toa_mindlessfor object obj_light_laser:Error in code at line 1: if (other.id == owner.id) ^at position 23: Unknown variable id

-Rahkshi Guurahk

d1O9dXQ.png

I've explained that one a few times before; it occurs whenever an attack strikes a person and the owner of that attack (be it melee or projectile) is already dead and gone. Light beams hit several times as they pass through a target, thus triggering the error once per frame.Any error messages saying "Unknown variable" and then something related to "owner" is this problem.

I played this back in 0.7, and to see it now, just wow. This is THE game that fans have been DREAMING of! On a side note, will the karda nui version of the miru be available? Will other races be available? Sorry for asking, I know it takes a lot of hard work and time out of your day to make this stuff.

Edited by NatureDruid

The Miru already have a few style variations, and one of them is a Karda Nui shape. It looks kinda like the Kaukau Nuva, and the other version I have kinda looks like a Faxon. I suppose I could add that one too, though.Other races have been discussed, and I want to include them, but right now it's a bit too much work to just start making something like Vortixx or Skakdi; both because I lack sprites and because it would need new gameplay mechanics to be added.

Edited by Katuko