Beat And Rhythm

Toa of Dancing

IC (Po-Koro): "Yes, that should be enough," Elreg replied as he emptied the contents of the bowl into a small sack, "It won't be spectacular, but we should get plenty of travel rations from this. All we really need is enough to carry us to Ga-Wahi; we can forage food while we're there, if we have to."As the crowd quickly moved on, Elreg turned back to his companions and said, "I'll go buy the food. If there is anything you two want to do, do it now. I'll meet you by the gate."

Credits: Xanis

"Don't Panic."

IC: Lennias: Le-Wahi:"Well, the center of Le-Wahi. Anyone know where that is relative to where we are now?"IC: Patrakk: Mangai Volcano:Patrakk finally pulled himself up onto the rim of the volcano. He stared around him, awestruck by the beauty of his surroundings. He looked down the volcano. Wondering if he might be able to see the bottom, he activated his Mask of X-Ray Vision.OOC: I have three characters waiting on you now, ToD. =P

IC: Po-Koro"Wonderful!" said Maximus. "I'll see you at the gate."He slowly walked away trying to appear a peaceful as possible as to to get attack or mistake for an aggressive, wild Rahi. He would be at the gate soon.

Edited by paragon

IC: If Jotham was surprised at Væden's sudden appearance, he did not show it - he simply nodded in greeting and continued on his way.The quartet made good time as they crossed the lower slopes of the Mangai. This region was not under direct control of any of the island's factions, so opposition was of little concern, especially in the wake of such a major battle. At this rate, though, they would be in Ta-Koronan territory within the hour - at that point, the fun would really begin.

Q2TtLEz.png

IC: Lennias: Le-Wahi:"Well, the center of Le-Wahi. Anyone know where that is relative to where we are now?"

IC (Weta and Lema, Le-wahi): "No right-reason to start at the centre" Lema called as he flew in circles overhead. "Could be anywhere, so good to start anywhere. We're a couple of kio south of Lake Pala"."I'm not so sure, Lema" Weta replied. "If these things are so special, wouldn't you put them some place special? I think we would have best-chance if we searched around important landmarks. Why don't we go to the lake, since its close? Maybe there is some secret wet-cave or something there."

ppg2.png

IC (Weta and Lema, Le-wahi): Lake Pala glittered beautifully in the late morning sunlight as the group of toa approached through the forest. A light wind ruffled its surface, creating a few small waves. The possibilities for what might be concealed in or around the lake seemed endless."Here we are" Weta announced. "Do you remember anything about a lake? Water? There's an awful lot of it around these parts."

ppg2.png

IC: Lennias: Lake Pala:"No, what do you me--" He started, then realized they were talking to Runner. "Oh, him."To avoid his mistake being lingered upon, he walked off and began to look for anything of interest in and around the lake.

IC:Trad finished disposing of those who were following of him. He didn't even need to break out the pipa. The flute did just fine.Although he hated this, he was weak in close combat and thus had to keep relying on this music. It was particularly useful in the forest, where the mosquitoes of Le-Wahi were far more enormous.Perhaps they were the progenitors of the other mosquitoes of each Wahi, he mused. That would explain a lot.As he walked he blew on his flute.OOC:Cue Matsuri.Open for interaction.

"Wer Traumt?"

IC: Runner - Lake PalaRunner glanced towards Lennias, worried that the amnesiac Toa's presence was troubling him. Quickly, he looked away, instead focusing on the landscape around.It was a spectacular view, the lake being a sheet of pure green, surrounded by a ring of soft sand. Lining the perimeter was the forest, with a few magnificent trees breaking from the jungle and rooting themselves in the sand and water. "I'm not sure," he said uncertainly, "The water seems familiar..."Suddenly, he felt a tugging at the side of his mind, a tiny jumble of images that confused, scared and amazed him. He saw a village like no other, one that seemed to float on the water. He thought he saw himself sitting on a bench, watching strange, blue-armoured people passing..."A city..." he muttered, dazed from the experience, "On the water..."OOC: Furiously writing a backstory for Runner...-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

OOC: @ Trad, one does not just walk into Le-koro when one is not a Le-matoran. This is the village filled with the most murderous people who would never look daggers because they have real ones they are itching to use. Also, there are some PC guards protecting the borders.

IC: Runner - Lake PalaRunner glanced towards Lennias, worried that the amnesiac Toa's presence was troubling him. Quickly, he looked away, instead focusing on the landscape around.It was a spectacular view, the lake being a sheet of pure green, surrounded by a ring of soft sand. Lining the perimeter was the forest, with a few magnificent trees breaking from the jungle and rooting themselves in the sand and water. "I'm not sure," he said uncertainly, "The water seems familiar..."Suddenly, he felt a tugging at the side of his mind, a tiny jumble of images that confused, scared and amazed him. He saw a village like no other, one that seemed to float on the water. He thought he saw himself sitting on a bench, watching strange, blue-armoured people passing..."A city..." he muttered, dazed from the experience, "On the water..."OOC: Furiously writing a backstory for Runner...-Void

IC (Weta and Lema, Le-wahi): "That would be Ga-koro" Lema informed him, his voice losing warmth quicker than a hot chocolate on top of Mount Ihu. "That is where the water-people live, our ever-bad enemies. They may appear nice-friendly, but underneath they are poisonous doom-vipers. It is not a place you would want to be." Edited by The Lorax

ppg2.png

IC (Po-Koro): It didn't take Elreg long to locate the various food stalls. The real challenge was attempting to haggle the merchants down to a reasonable price in order to make the most out the widgets that had earned. It certainly didn't help that no matter what sort of treaty the six tribes had created, native villagers never trusted outsiders, and Elreg stood out like a pine tree in the desert.Thankfully, a polite demeanor and the previous performance were enough to convince some of the vendors to lower their prices. Eventually, Elreg began to walk back toward the gate with several sacks full of dried meats, fruit, and other trail rations. However, he passed by a stall that caught his eye; one that was full of string instruments including a banjo. On closer inspection, he discovered that it wasn't the best instrument available and had been used before, but it was certainly a step up from the pile of wood and string that he currently had.He quickly haggled with the vendor and eventually walked away with the banjo, the sacks of food, and six widgets left over. Maybe he should have checked with his companions, but Elreg figured that he was going to need a real instrument if he was going to draw water for all of them and hope to have any chance in a real fight.He finally found his companions by the village gate and asked, "So, off to Ga-Koro then?"

"Don't Panic."

IC: Runner - Lake PalaThe sudden coldness in Lema's voice was not lost on Runner. Even in his dazed and confused state, he was able to tell that this being was not a big 'Ga-Koro' fan. The Toa figured he should probably start keeping more of his revelations of his past from this particular group.Particularly, the parts about his feelings of peace and familiarity in that city on the water. He didn't want his new allies turning on him suddenly, thinking that he was some sort of spy."Hm, well, unfortunately I don't remember that much about it," Runner said, with a slight grimace on his face.-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC: Lennias: Lake Pala:Lennias frowned at the generalization."I dunno, they can't all be bad. I've known a few that weren't too horrible." Then, remembering he was supposed to be a Le-Koronan (AKA maniacal killer), he added "Before I killed them." He smiled, although he was sickened at his own words on the inside.

OOC: Thank you for your information.IC: He quickly passed through the city. Where the heck are you, you son of a Muaka, you said you would be somewhere here. he muttered. His contact said that he would be somewhere here to give him the required information, but he had somehow disappeared.He needed to get out of here. Now. Get back to the original rendezvous where his contact said he would be before he suddenly changed the drop point.

"Wer Traumt?"

IC: Lake PalaQuwaro, who had followed silently, shrugged. "... Never dealt with the other... people before the war... All I know is they can hold their breath for a long time.""I don't like that. It takes too long for me then." While he didn't elaborate, the manner in which he had tried to kill Runner should have made the statement clear enough.

They were called Tenno. Warriors of blade and gun: masters of the Warframe armor. Those that survived the old war were left drifting among the ruins. Now they are needed once more.

The Grineer, with their vast armies, are spreading throughout the solar system. A call echoes across the stars summoning the Tenno to an ancient place. They summon you. 

Allow the Lotus to guide you. She has rescued you from your cryostasis chamber and given you a chance to survive. The Grineer will find you; you must be prepared. The Lotus will teach you the ways of the Warframes and the secrets to unlocking their powers.

Come Tenno, you must join the war.

IC (Weta and Lema, Le-wahi): "It's probably for the best" Weta decided. "You wouldn't want to remember much about that place anyway. Like Lema said, its nasty. Sucks you in by looking all nice and peaceful, but that's all just an illusion. Still, its good that you're bringing up some memories at least. Maybe we can find more along the way.""Good point Weta" Lema agreed "And speaking of the way, I've just had an idea. These things are meant to be well hidden, right? Hard to find? This whole thing about Ga-koro got me thinking. Le-people don't like water, you know? We aren't swimmers. So if you didn't want us getting to something, wouldn't you stick it somewhere underwater? Put in near the very people who would never look there. What if there is something at the bottom of that lake?"OOC: Darn, I forgot to write in tree-speak. Oh well. :)

ppg2.png

IC: Lennias: Lake Pala:Lennias turned back to the group."Makes since. Who's the unlucky person who has to search down there, though?"OOC: I have a feeling that by now, everyone's ready to vote Lennias. =P

IC (Weta and Lema, Lake Pala): "I'd throw you in as quick as a kahu" Lema told Lennias, expressing the general sentiment against the Dissonance spy."But I think we should all go" Weta interjected. "It's better that way, because we don't know what is down there. Strength in numbers, after all".

ppg2.png

IC:Devastation was what Trad saw at his hideout. Marks of a struggle were there and from the sight of it, War Music was used recently.The hair of his back raised and he knew something was about to happen. To him, and it would have adverse effects on his health. OOC: Open for interaction!

"Wer Traumt?"

IC: Jotham held up a hand for the group to stop. Within a few minutes they would be in Ta-Wahi proper, at which point being seen in their current state would be akin to a death sentence. With a wave, Jotham summoned a rock outcropping to protect from the unlikelihood of prying eyes and placed his paint can on the ground. The others followed suit and wordlessly began painting their armor to Ta-Koronan colors.When he was finished, Jotham looked himself over with satisfaction. His tan armor was replaced by gold, and streaks of red had been added in various locations. It was only now that he spoke. "Ready?"

Q2TtLEz.png

IC (Kona, Entering Ta-wahi): Kona also began rubbing the red pigments onto his armour, moving them carefully across the metal's surface until he too looked like a true Ta-koronan. He coloured his mask, hands and feet black to complete the appearance. "Ready" he confirmed to Jotham, before realising that as a toa of fire, he should probably speak more than his did as a toa of ice. "Yes, I am ready. Shall we be going now?"

ppg2.png

IC: Runner - Lake PalaRunner nodded curtly, in agreement with Weta. It was a big lake, they would need more people if they wanted to search it thoroughly.Without a word, the Toa dropped his guitar and sword into the sand, as well as shedding all of his non-essential armour. For this mission, he had decided, speed was of the essence."Alright," he said in an oddly confident voice, "We'll stay down there for five minutes searching, then come bakc up to surface. Good?"-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC: Lennnias: Lake Pala:Well, he wasn't making any friends. Although, he remembered, that was an objective of his. He couldn't grow to like his sworn enemies.He took a step toward the water and put his foot in.He swore. "That's cold!"He put his foot in again. It wasn't so bad this time. He slowly started lowering himself into the water, getting used to the cold.

IC (Weta and Lema, Le-wahi): "Oh, get in, you wuss" Lema laughed at Lennias' reaction to the water. Like any good Le-toa, he didn't like water either, but that was just silly. They weren't going to win the war by being scared of a little cold and wet. With a few breaths into his flute, a hand of War Music pulled Lennias under the surface and then dissappeared.Lema followed him, using his kanohi faxon to copy the ghekula's ability to breathe both water and air, while Weta used his mahiki to shapeshift himself into a takea shark. Together, the two borthers toa took the plunge.

ppg2.png

IC: Runner - Lake PalaRunner, without a second thought, followed suit with the others, diving head-long into the waters of the lake.Underneath the surface, the Toa was surprised at how little his lungs were straining to hold his breath. It was as if his whole body was just doing something as simple as walking, or eating. Yet another strange discovery, in a day of strange discoveries.Other than that, Runner was quite amazed by what he saw in the lake. If it was beautiful above the surface, it was absolutely gorgeous under it. Rays of light drifted lazily with the current, casting the water in hues of blue, green and yellow. Seaweed and other reeds floated with the tide, and fish flitted back and forth, their silvery scales glinting in the sun.He glanced over at Lema, shrugging as if to ask, "So, any ideas?"-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC (Po-Koro): "Lets move," Elreg said, "The last thing we need is for Po-Koro to suddenly decide we represent a major threat to their community. "Elreg led the way, remembering the route that he had orginally taken to to Ga-Wahi when he had still been wandering the island. It would take them awhile, but they would eventually arrive.

"Don't Panic."

IC (Po-Wahi): The trio continued their trek across the shifting deserts of Po-Wahi, Elreg still leading the way. As they walked, the Matoran pulled out a small waterskin, took a drink, and then passed it to Pokorix while asking, "So what's your story?"OOC: I am truely sorry, but I'm running out of ideas on what to do...

"Don't Panic."

OOC: Well, what is there for them to do? They don't want to fight, don't know about the artifacts, and aren't forming any plans. IC: Pokorix (Po-Wahi)"Well, I was but a Matoran, way back when War Music was not even created, let alone used. One day, I heard a Toa play. This Toa of Air, he played elemental music, not music for war. That day I was inspired. I learned how to play the ocarina, but by thhe time I was ready, I became a Toa. And then the War Music came. I've been living in a hut ever since the war broke out." Pokorix replied, his voice rumbling in the other 2's ears.Zakaro

AGoNWLR.jpg

They call me Zakaro. You should too.

IC: Po-WahiWell a sudden sandstorm happened without any warning.Maximus lost track of the other two beings and ended up wandering very far away.And then just as quickly the sandstorm ended...No one would ever see Maximus again. His name would vanish from history just as he had. No stories would be told of the musical Manas. It was almost as if he never existed.OOC: I lost interest in this story and character. Sorry for an inconveniences this creates.

• 2 weeks later...

IC: Pokorix (Po-Wahi)The sandstorm hit. As it happened, all three companions were seperated, and Pokorix disappeared. Eventually arriving back at his hut, the Toa got down and lay in his bed. With a sigh, the old Toa allowed his spirit to move on. And that was the last of Pokorix. IC: Gakia (Kini-Nui) The Matoran had tired of waiting, and had slipped back into the crowd. Once she seperated herself from that crowd, she packed a bag and set off for Mt. Ihu. Gakia explored the mountain, not reappearing to a Koro for quite a while. But that's another story...OOC: As it turns out, I'm leaving to go to camp soon, and will not see these RPGs end. So, this is my last post in Beat and Rhythm. It's been fun. :) All characters closed for interaction. Zakaro

AGoNWLR.jpg

They call me Zakaro. You should too.