Bionicle Minecraft Modification!

Click

Wow you have no idea how happy it makes me that you like them. I just finished making those turaga spritesbionicle_turaga_sprites.png
Very nice, those look a lot better than some of my attempts. I'll just tweak those a little bit to make sure it fits with the style, and they should be in the next update!
AAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSOOOOOMMMENow that I've got that out of my system, I have to say, the Turaga sprites look great. Can anyone play as the Turaga?
Thanks, but I haven't thought about playing as Turaga. Maybe I could do a collaboration with the Shapeshifting modification to make it so you can change your character (even into Makuta or Rahi!) with both modifications. How's that sound?And, speaking of the Turaga, here's the next progress update, the Turaga Model (Matau to be exact)turagapreview.pngWhat do you guys think? I'm not sure about the legs, although it's more setlike, but up to those who will be playing it. :) Edited by bonesiii
  • Upvote 1

Wow you have no idea how happy it makes me that you like them. I just finished making those turaga spritesbionicle_turaga_sprites.png
Very nice, those look a lot better than some of my attempts. I'll just tweak those a little bit to make sure it fits with the style, and they should be in the next update!
AAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSOOOOOMMMENow that I've got that out of my system, I have to say, the Turaga sprites look great. Can anyone play as the Turaga?
Thanks, but I haven't thought about playing as Turaga. Maybe I could do a collaboration with the Shapeshifting modification to make it so you can change your character (even into Makuta or Rahi!) with both modifications. How's that sound?And, speaking of the Turaga, here's the next progress update, the Turaga Model (Matau to be exact)turagapreview.pngWhat do you guys think? I'm not sure about the legs, although it's more setlike, but up to those who will be playing it. :)
the model looks great although mabey the legs should com in a bit as it looks to widealso is the first modification release near completion? Edited by bonesiii
  • Upvote 1

mca.png

Keep in mind that if Star Trek fans had, as a group, said, No point in talking about this anymore, it's never going to come back, it never WOULD have come back.
-- Greg Farshtey

Learn this phrase. Love it. Hold it dear. Bring it back. If you know what this means, and/or agree with me, copy this into your sig.

Thanks, but I haven't thought about playing as Turaga. Maybe I could do a collaboration with the Shapeshifting modification to make it so you can change your character (even into Makuta or Rahi!) with both modifications. How's that sound?And, speaking of the Turaga, here's the next progress update, the Turaga Model (Matau to be exact)turagapreview.pngWhat do you guys think? I'm not sure about the legs, although it's more setlike, but up to those who will be playing it. :)
I like the Turaga!IMHO, the legs are workable. I honestly don't think I would be bugged by them too much while playing Minecraft. However, if you did want to change them, I would suggest making the body thinner, and so the legs would be less wide. Also, you could make the legs a little longer, and thus more setlike.Nice work! Matau was always my favorite Turaga... Edited by bonesiii
  • Upvote 1

the model looks great although mabey the legs should com in a bit as it looks to widealso is the first modification release near completion?
Um, not really. School just started, and I was foolish enough to sign up for a ton of AP classes. It might be a little while, but I'll try and work on it as much as I can. I've been thinking about dividing the first release into two:1. Ores for Protodermis, Lightstone, and Heatstone. Crafting recipes for Heatstone container and Protodermis tools.2. Powerless masks (hopefully will be dyeable like the new armor sets coming next update!) and Toa Tools/armor.One of these should also have a rough Elemental Shard recipe (to craft Toa Tools), I've been thinking something like glass around a bucket of water for water, Heatstone around bucket of Lava for Fire, and I'm still working on the rest. In the full modification, the Rahi/Bohrok/Rahkshi will drop elemental shards based on their element. Just tell me what you guys think about that.
are you going to be adding Bohrok Va in the moderator?
Hopefully eventually. They'll probably follow around Bohrok groups and heal them or something. I haven't given too much thought beyond the third release.
I think it would be a good idea to have the toa taller than the normal human model
Well, the Player will be playing as a Toa. I could always tweak the Player model fairly simply to do that, but I'm kind of hesitant. Can you explain why you would like that?And, lately as I start programming, I've been working out the particulars. Here's what I've got so far:ProtodermisMined with a Stone pick, about as common as Iron. Drops one Protodermis ore, which looks similar to the MNOLG interpretation.Crafting the ore with a bucket will give you a bucket of Liquid Protodermis, which can be placed for the fun of it, and won't have much use in the modification. It will be a silvery-blue liquid.Stone and Protodermis can be crafted into a Maskmaker's furnace (probably temporary, but will come back if I ever decide to do a Metru-Nui version of the modification.)Can also be crafted into Protodermis Tools (which should look like MNOLG tools too. :))Maskmaker's FurnaceProbably temporary, as described above.The GUI Includes a 3x3 Crafting slot, a smelting fuel slot (or fuel will be placed in the crafting grid), and a result slot.Put Protodermis into the crafting and some fuel, and it will smelt into Protodermis, Purity 1. Put that in with fuel, and it will smelt to Purity 2, and so on.Place an elemental shard surrounded by four Protodermis Purity 1+ (like a compass), and it will give you a Disk from that Metru, which can be launched with a Protodermis Disk Launcher, that also has the power level of the average Protodermis Purity level put in, and a random effect.Place the correct types of disks (like in this chart), and it will yield the correct power and type of Kanohi. (Up to powerless, for now!)Kanoka DiskAlso a temporary feature, I might not even make them shoot, but basically, they will be used to make your masks.Craft a Disk Launcher with 4 Protodermis in a Y shape to fire. (maybe)Bamboo DiskThe principal defense of the Matoran of Mata Nui. It can be crafted with four Sugarcane around a wood block. Thrown with the hand, and it does 2 damage. If it hits a block, it should drop the item.KanohiFor now, only powerless Kanohi will be attainable, but they can be dyed into any color you can get with Minecraft Dyes. Once the Quest for the Masks update is up, you can obtain powered masks through searching. Powerless masks will also be obtained from dead Matoran (whose friends will not like you if you were their killer). Infected Masks will probably be a drop of Tarakava, Muaka, and Kane-Ra, which will give powers, but damage you each time they are used.Elemental ShardsFuture drop of either Bohrok, Rahi, or Rahkshi, they will be used to craft Toa Armor and Tools. For now, I'll add crafting recipes as described above.Toa Armor and ToolsArmor is crafted with the same orientation as regular Minecraft armors, but out of the respective Shard. Maybe I'll make them able to be dyed.Tools are crafted in the shape of the correct tool with sticks as handles and Shards as the blade. I'll think about how to make the recipes fair.Both will have to be enchanted before they gain elemental powers. Once you wear all the armor of a specific element, they will grant you elemental energies and powers, although a much smaller elemental energy bar than if you have a Great Mask. The Toa Tools will each have powers related to their element.LightstoneAbout the same spawn rate as Redstone, when mined with a Protodermis pick (and only a Protodermis pick), it will give 1-3 Lightstone. Lightstones have a similar model to torches, and can be placed on nearly any surface, even on ceilings.HeatstoneI'm still considering this one, I have two ideas for it. For both, it has the same spawn rate as maybe like Gold. Trust me, it should be worth it.1. When the ore is mined with a Protodermis Pick, it will leave a crystal in the wall. Click on it with a Heatstone Container (see below, sans Depleted Heatstone) in your hand, and you can pick it up, considering they were too hot to pick up.2. When you break the ore, it will drop one Depleted Heatstone. Take it back to your home, and craft a Heatstone Container, 7 Protodermis in a U-shape with the Depleted Heatstone in the center, and smelt it. The heatstone will become active.It can now instantly melt any cold block or function as a Flint and Steel for 15 uses, but it turns depleted at the end, and can be smelted to rekindle it. Eventually, it should run out.So, how's that sound for a first update? Edited by bonesiii
  • Upvote 1

So, how's that sound for a first update?
that sounds good for a first updatemabey with the heatstones it is an ore that instead of mining you just have to right click it with a heatstone container and it will function as you said it would and the ore would turn into stonealso although it is supposed to be mata nui i think you shuold keep the maskmakers furnace and kanoka diskalso will you need a modification api for thisalso you should give the heatstone more use as in mnog it never ran out Edited by bonesiii

mca.png

Keep in mind that if Star Trek fans had, as a group, said, No point in talking about this anymore, it's never going to come back, it never WOULD have come back.
-- Greg Farshtey

Learn this phrase. Love it. Hold it dear. Bring it back. If you know what this means, and/or agree with me, copy this into your sig.

So, how's that sound for a first update?
It all sounds great!I like the amount of effort and planning you put into this, thanks for all the hard work. :happydance:And good luck with those AP classes!I am giving this project the official Tehurye Seal of Approval: :mahiki: Edited by bonesiii

i agree tehurye klick certainaly has put in a lot of efforti cant wait for the first release

mca.png

-- Greg Farshtey

This sounds awesome and incredible! Are you going to be able trade with Matoran like they're NPC Villagers?

"EXTERMINATE"-Dalek #1 to #3458271

If you have a self MOC you would like me to build just PM me and I'll make it as long as I have the pieces.

3DS Friend Code: 4699-6562-6279

Pokemon Y safari: Audino, Dunsparce and Chansey

I think you should go with the Depleted Heatstone idea, but scrap the Heatstone Containter. If Steve can hold an iron bucket full of lava in his hand and not burn his hand off, he can hold a super-hot crystal in his hand, too.

banner.jpg

I think you should go with the Depleted Heatstone idea, but scrap the Heatstone Containter. If Steve can hold an iron bucket full of lava in his hand and not burn his hand off, he can hold a super-hot crystal in his hand, too.
That was one of the mysteries of Minecraft that I have been puzzling over for some time....
And, lately as I start programming, I've been working out the particulars. Here's what I've got so far:ProtodermisMined with a Stone pick, about as common as Iron. Drops one Protodermis ore, which looks similar to the MNOLG interpretation.Crafting the ore with a bucket will give you a bucket of Liquid Protodermis, which can be placed for the fun of it, and won't have much use in the modification. It will be a silvery-blue liquid.Stone and Protodermis can be crafted into a Maskmaker's furnace (probably temporary, but will come back if I ever decide to do a Metru-Nui version of the modification.)Can also be crafted into Protodermis Tools (which should look like MNOLG tools too. :))Maskmaker's FurnaceProbably temporary, as described above.The GUI Includes a 3x3 Crafting slot, a smelting fuel slot (or fuel will be placed in the crafting grid), and a result slot.Put Protodermis into the crafting and some fuel, and it will smelt into Protodermis, Purity 1. Put that in with fuel, and it will smelt to Purity 2, and so on.Place an elemental shard surrounded by four Protodermis Purity 1+ (like a compass), and it will give you a Disk from that Metru, which can be launched with a Protodermis Disk Launcher, that also has the power level of the average Protodermis Purity level put in, and a random effect.Place the correct types of disks (like in this chart), and it will yield the correct power and type of Kanohi. (Up to powerless, for now!)Kanoka DiskAlso a temporary feature, I might not even make them shoot, but basically, they will be used to make your masks.Craft a Disk Launcher with 4 Protodermis in a Y shape to fire. (maybe)Bamboo DiskThe principal defense of the Matoran of Mata Nui. It can be crafted with four Sugarcane around a wood block. Thrown with the hand, and it does 2 damage. If it hits a block, it should drop the item.KanohiFor now, only powerless Kanohi will be attainable, but they can be dyed into any color you can get with Minecraft Dyes. Once the Quest for the Masks update is up, you can obtain powered masks through searching. Powerless masks will also be obtained from dead Matoran (whose friends will not like you if you were their killer). Infected Masks will probably be a drop of Tarakava, Muaka, and Kane-Ra, which will give powers, but damage you each time they are used.Elemental ShardsFuture drop of either Bohrok, Rahi, or Rahkshi, they will be used to craft Toa Armor and Tools. For now, I'll add crafting recipes as described above.Toa Armor and ToolsArmor is crafted with the same orientation as regular Minecraft armors, but out of the respective Shard. Maybe I'll make them able to be dyed.Tools are crafted in the shape of the correct tool with sticks as handles and Shards as the blade. I'll think about how to make the recipes fair.Both will have to be enchanted before they gain elemental powers. Once you wear all the armor of a specific element, they will grant you elemental energies and powers, although a much smaller elemental energy bar than if you have a Great Mask. The Toa Tools will each have powers related to their element.LightstoneAbout the same spawn rate as Redstone, when mined with a Protodermis pick (and only a Protodermis pick), it will give 1-3 Lightstone. Lightstones have a similar model to torches, and can be placed on nearly any surface, even on ceilings.HeatstoneI'm still considering this one, I have two ideas for it. For both, it has the same spawn rate as maybe like Gold. Trust me, it should be worth it.1. When the ore is mined with a Protodermis Pick, it will leave a crystal in the wall. Click on it with a Heatstone Container (see below, sans Depleted Heatstone) in your hand, and you can pick it up, considering they were too hot to pick up.2. When you break the ore, it will drop one Depleted Heatstone. Take it back to your home, and craft a Heatstone Container, 7 Protodermis in a U-shape with the Depleted Heatstone in the center, and smelt it. The heatstone will become active.It can now instantly melt any cold block or function as a Flint and Steel for 15 uses, but it turns depleted at the end, and can be smelted to rekindle it. Eventually, it should run out.So, how's that sound for a first update?
Very good.
  • Upvote 1

"Wer Traumt?"

klick once you are done with this modification wold you consider doing a voya nui?mahri nui modification a they where my faivourite storylinesmaby you could make a worldtipe called bionicle which is just an endless ocean and the only two island are mata and voya nui and the mods features will only be on those two islands ie the turaga and matanui matoran will only spawn on matanui and you could make voya nui matoran on voya nui and you get the idea

mca.png

-- Greg Farshtey

I also thing Matau could use a slightly lighter shade of green
Yeah, that was just a prototype. I wasn't sure about the colors either, they are way too close together.
Hey Click, could you tell me which moderator-maker program that you are using to make the sprites?If possible, I'd really like to help out, much like TFGalvitron, and make some sprites for you to consider.
All the programs I'm using are:Techne: ModelsAdobe Photoshop/Paint: Sprites (Mostly Photoshop, although I've had a few glitches with it, and Paint does a few things Photoshop can't)Eclipse and Minecraft Coder Pack (MCP): Programming
  • Upvote 1

All the programs I'm using are:Techne: ModelsAdobe Photoshop/Paint: Sprites (Mostly Photoshop, although I've had a few glitches with it, and Paint does a few things Photoshop can't)Eclipse and Minecraft Coder Pack (MCP): Programming
Ah, I see. But how do you make a 16x16 sprite with Photoshop?And, if you need them, I'm working on some sprites for the throwing disks and Kohlii puck. Just to pass the time, and I'd really like to help out with the moderator if possible. Although I would be limited to making item sprites, because of my software and cost limitations.Good luck!
  • Upvote 1

Ah, I see. But how do you make a 16x16 sprite with Photoshop?And, if you need them, I'm working on some sprites for the throwing disks and Kohlii puck. Just to pass the time, and I'd really like to help out with the moderator if possible. Although I would be limited to making item sprites, because of my software and cost limitations.Good luck!
Actually, all of it's free, and should be compatable with anything you need.As for the sprites, I originally set up a 16x16 grid in a separate layer on my larger sheet for enough sprites, and then did it by pixel art with a one-pixel-squared pencil tool. A few other handy tricks I figured out would be to find a picture on the internet of your intended project, and then scale it down to the right size, and remake it as best as you can to be symmetrical. Also, try using only the colors available in the Minecraft Items (found by opening minecraft.jar, and then GUI, and items.png), and the same kind of shading and outline that they have to keep the style consistant like I did.
  • Upvote 1

Actually, all of it's free, and should be compatable with anything you need.As for the sprites, I originally set up a 16x16 grid in a separate layer on my larger sheet for enough sprites, and then did it by pixel art with a one-pixel-squared pencil tool. A few other handy tricks I figured out would be to find a picture on the internet of your intended project, and then scale it down to the right size, and remake it as best as you can to be symmetrical. Also, try using only the colors available in the Minecraft Items (found by opening minecraft.jar, and then GUI, and items.png), and the same kind of shading and outline that they have to keep the style consistant like I did.
I see. However, I find it much simpler to use a program called Linkseyi's Modmaker Beta (avaliable on the Minecraft forums). It gives you a ready-made 16x16 interface to paint in, for items and block sides (it's not done yet, though, and so the blocks have to have the same texture on all sides).I'll keep that all in mind. Thank you. :)
  • Upvote 1

click can you release a prerelease soon as like tehurye i would love to help but lack he modding knowledge to do so

mca.png

-- Greg Farshtey

i made a lighstone a heatstone and a heatstone container sprite(i think) with paint i think their 16 x 16 if you want i will post them

Edited by Teal Chronicler

mca.png

-- Greg Farshtey

click do you want them?also click i know it is way off but maby the masks could function like pumpkins so they are found as a block for the quest for the mask and they are wearable to grant their powers i just think that would be a good way to do the quest for the mask update so that they are hidden in places to find but not in chst or anything they just have to be mined

mca.png

-- Greg Farshtey

Yeah, I think I mentioned a while ago I didn't really like that Hau design, so a little while ago, I remade it, and used the new version for the banner. That should be the official version, and I like it much better. :)

Yeah, I think I mentioned a while ago I didn't really like that Hau design, so a little while ago, I remade it, and used the new version for the banner. That should be the official version, and I like it much better. :)
yeah me too I was just wondering.Also do you like the Toa armor I made?

click how do i post images so that i can show you my sprites i made?

mca.png

-- Greg Farshtey

Oh, yeah, sorry, I missed that. :DThey look awesome! I can't wait to try them out. :)Teal Chronicler, it would be awesome to see what you've made for the Heatstone. I've also been thinking about how to find the masks, and I haven't had much of an idea. I was thinking something like the Armor Stand M0d, but the pumpkin would work much better. Thanks for the idea!And for everyone who's asked, I'll try to get a pre-release out in the next week.

Oh, yeah, sorry, I missed that. :biggrin:They look awesome! I can't wait to try them out. :)Teal Chronicler, it would be awesome to see what you've made for the Heatstone. I've also been thinking about how to find the masks, and I haven't had much of an idea. I was thinking something like the Armor Stand M0d, but the pumpkin would work much better. Thanks for the idea!And for everyone who's asked, I'll try to get a pre-release out in the next week.
I could make armor textures as they look on the player if you like.just ask if you need any other sprites or anything.

click how do i post images so that i can show you my sprites i made?
I just went to Brickshelf.com and made a free acount.once you make a post you go to the picture option and paste the URL of the picture in it
thankyou
Oh, yeah, sorry, I missed that. :biggrin:They look awesome! I can't wait to try them out. :)Teal Chronicler, it would be awesome to see what you've made for the Heatstone. I've also been thinking about how to find the masks, and I haven't had much of an idea. I was thinking something like the Armor Stand M0d, but the pumpkin would work much better. Thanks for the idea!And for everyone who's asked, I'll try to get a pre-release out in the next week.
thankyou i will post the sprites im not sure if their going to work but oh well anyways as i said i am always here to helpthanks for liking my pumpkin idea if you dont like the sprites i will edit themsprites.png the yellow one is the heatstone and the brown onre is the light stone Edited by Teal Chronicler

mca.png

-- Greg Farshtey

heatstone_container.pnghere is the heatsone containerheres the lightsonelightstone.png
  • Upvote 1

mca.png

-- Greg Farshtey