Bionicle Minecraft Modification!

Click

A block, so 32x32. Once you have some basics of those done, I'll finish up the sprite sheet, and post it! I'm not sure about Cowrie shells though, since, due to Minecraft physics, all non-solid blocks (plants, torches, etc.) are broken when water runs over them. I'll work on that, in the mean time, just leave it. If you want, you can do an item sprite for it though.
Would you be able to get around that by making shells solid? Wooden and stone plates don't get destroyed when water washes over them, maybe shells could be like that?OR they could be like Lilly Pads.

Well, I got into contact with the maker of the Coral Reef modification, and he gave me some tips on how to make underwater plants. With that, I can make Seaweed, and probably Cowrie Shells. My idea for that was to use a button-like model, so it would still look similar.Also, I got into contact with another creator of a Bionicle modification who actually has parts of it working, and we're collaborating to get our ideas out, I'm helping with models, and he's helping with coding. Between us, I can probably have the modification out much quicker.And speaking of modification work, I have a day off tomorrow, so I'm planning on working on getting as much done as possible! Finally, progress!

Edited by bonesiii
Please don't bypass the word filter. :) -bones

Whooeee!Go for it, Click! That's great.Cowrie shells could be like buttons.... maybe they could have a chance of growing in sand underwater?Also, an idea that I've been thinking about: Music for the moderator? Maybe... epic beyond epic... MNOLG music as the background for Minecraft? If we could get the Ga-koro underwater theme to play whenever you're submerged... :br:

I take it you're focusing on making a hi-res texture pack, and then bringing it down to 16x16 later? Because not everyone's computers can handle 32x32.Anyway, great to see that this is coming along nicely. Have you started on the actual moderator yet, or are you mainly working on textures and ideas at this point?

banner.jpg

Whooeee!Go for it, Click! That's great.Cowrie shells could be like buttons.... maybe they could have a chance of growing in sand underwater?Also, an idea that I've been thinking about: Music for the moderator? Maybe... epic beyond epic... MNOLG music as the background for Minecraft? If we could get the Ga-koro underwater theme to play whenever you're submerged... :br:
That's the idea, and I was also thinking about MNOLG music for the modification. It would work perfectly, considering this is mostly a MNOLG-based modification.
So excited... will it use Forge?
I don't know, I have no idea how to use Forge yet, but once I get going, who knows?
Why not puzzles that have to be solved to get further ahead in the story? (I know, but this is also stopping inactivity one way.)
Hmm, like what? I have been wondering about how to make it actually follow the story, like have the Matoran rebuild, release the Bohrok and Rahkshi, but I haven't been too sure about how to do it.
I take it you're focusing on making a hi-res texture pack, and then bringing it down to 16x16 later? Because not everyone's computers can handle 32x32.Anyway, great to see that this is coming along nicely. Have you started on the actual moderator yet, or are you mainly working on textures and ideas at this point?
No, my textures are 16x16, I recall TFGalvatron was making HD though, which I'm excited for. :)And I am working on textures, but I have most of the modification planned already, and I lack time to program. Hopefully, I can get to it this week, but school sure is hard on me. :( I haven't forgotten about the project though.

That's the idea, and I was also thinking about MNOLG music for the modification. It would work perfectly, considering this is mostly a MNOLG-based modification.
Oh, YES. :yes:
I don't know, I have no idea how to use Forge yet, but once I get going, who knows?
It would allow some nice compatibility and stability features. Do whatever is within your capabilities...
And I am working on textures, but I have most of the modification planned already, and I lack time to program. Hopefully, I can get to it this week, but school sure is hard on me. :( I haven't forgotten about the project though.
School's very hard on me too. But hang in there! :) You'll get through it! Edited by Tehurye

As far as music goes, I would suggest incorporating MNOLG music (as I'm sure we all agree), and perhaps finding some remixes of Bionicle Heroes music in the same style. The game did an excellent job of capturing the series's spirit with its music (albeit with almost nothing else), and it would be a shame to let a potential soundtrack such as that go to waste...

BZPRPG TIME, where you could have one post talk about dinner, and the next about lunch.

Time is beyond relative here.

There's no reason not to put lasers in the palms of planet-sized robots. In fact, if I had my own planet-sized robot, palm lasers would be one of my first upgrades.

BZPRPG Profiles [outdated]

May or may not be back from a multi-year hiatus. We'll see how this works out...

maby you could do a mad similar to this but with voyanui and put in bits of the bionicle heroes nintendo ds and ps2 games and use the music for them games thenpersonaly i thought the ds game was better but the ps2 one would work too

Edited by Teal Chronicler

mca.png

Keep in mind that if Star Trek fans had, as a group, said, No point in talking about this anymore, it's never going to come back, it never WOULD have come back.
-- Greg Farshtey

Learn this phrase. Love it. Hold it dear. Bring it back. If you know what this means, and/or agree with me, copy this into your sig.

I love you. Now that that is out of the way, I am looking forward to every update! These mobs and the quests are awesome!

audio_narration_project_banner_wide.jpg

Bionicle: ANP aims to create narrated versions of all the Bionicle books, with voice actors for each character, and music taken from various media to enhance the story. Check here if you're interested in voicing a character, and here for the chapters that've already been released!

Formerly: Tahu Nuva 3.0

Looking for a Bionicle Beanie. Black one with the symbol on it. Contact me if you are willing to sell

maby you could do a mad similar to this but with voyanui and put in bits of the bionicle heroes nintendo ds and ps2 games and use the music for them games thenpersonaly i thought the ds game was better but the ps2 one would work too
I'm assuming you mean map or modification, and I was thinking about the modification, but don't get too far ahead of me!
This is looking really fun!can't wait for it to be released! It would be very fun to have this moderator with the biocraft map that will come out. Is there any way I can help?
Well, we've got plenty of sprites, but if you can use Techne, code, or make textures, that would be great!
If you plan on adding Makuta as the boss, like in the MNOLG I version, I suggest that he can construct various weapons to attack you.
Sounds good, but I've got a ways to go first. I don't even have the first update yet!
Shouldn't makuta be a floating mass of flying black particles with a mask in the middle? Or is that too much to ask for?
Sounds alright to me, or I could go with MoL style.And I'm very sorry I haven't got an update out for a while, I've been so busy! I have the items finalized, but I would like to have the blocks finalized before I post, and I'm having trouble making them look nice. I have been using the other sprites provided to me, but there's just a few edits I would like to do first. I'm hoping I'll get something this week, but don't hold your breath.

And I'm very sorry I haven't got an update out for a while, I've been so busy! I have the items finalized, but I would like to have the blocks finalized before I post, and I'm having trouble making them look nice. I have been using the other sprites provided to me, but there's just a few edits I would like to do first. I'm hoping I'll get something this week, but don't hold your breath.
If you need any sprites you now who to call!(No not ghostbusters).

And I'm very sorry I haven't got an update out for a while, I've been so busy! I have the items finalized, but I would like to have the blocks finalized before I post, and I'm having trouble making them look nice. I have been using the other sprites provided to me, but there's just a few edits I would like to do first. I'm hoping I'll get something this week, but don't hold your breath.
Hey, if we can get an update this week, then that ould be awesome! And if not, then relax. You're just working at a pace that works for you, and you're not driving yourself beyond your limits just to get another update out. I respect that. Just take all the time you need, and feel no pressure. :) And if there's any other sprites that you need, I'd be glad to try to do them... Edited by Tehurye

I have a neat idea, but I'm not sure if you would be able to pull it off. Makuta is in Mangia, a lair surrounded by bedrock. Impossible to get in. But one you collect all of the golden masks, the door at kini nui opens. Or you get the materials to build a portal to mangia. Somthing to prevent you from entering the big boss battle when you're too early in the game.Also, while fighting the makuta, It would be neat if you had to use all of the toa weapons to destroy him. Like, his health is divided up into six sections, and one weapon would effect one of thoes sections.Oh, another idea! What if you killed makuta as the MNOLG I Makuta, but then he comes back stronger as the MoL Makuta.

keetkiril.gifqSvBogp.jpgkeetkiril.gif

Sounds a bit like the End to me. Also, why not soething like the Codex, a room that immediately kills you if you enter immediately, and his weapons are based on your weapons?Also, if on a server, you can have up to six people to access the Lair, or if that's impossible, AIs.I'm sorry that I can't do anything practical, I really want to help.I do think it's a good idea, ToV. Or maybe Makoki Stones as a key?

Edited by TradTheMentalist

"Wer Traumt?"

Thank you! Oh yes, I forgot about the Makoki stones. Yes, thoes would work as the key, but the player should have all six golden masks at the entrance of mangia. Maybe that's wheere they gain the golden masks?Another thing that you might already be doing, is mask powers. They would work like potions that give you special abilities. Tahu's could be like mob repellant, gali's is breathing underwater, onua's is strength (destroying blocks faster), pohatu's is speed (faster sprint), Lewa's is flight (like in creative mode) and kopaka's could place unlimited x-ray blocks. (I saw a moderator that let them do that, not sure how it works though).If you feel this is too overpowered, maybe you could have their power need to be regenerated once in a while.

A little suggestion, maybe it would be easier to split the modification in two, one half is just normal Minecraft with Bionicle elements and mobs, the other into a modification with the story line, the Golden Masks, keys, puzzles and a boss battle?

I'm assuming you mean map or modification, and I was thinking about the modification, but don't get too far ahead of me!
yes sorry i meant moderator its just i was tired when i posted this and forgot to spellcheck

mca.png

Keep in mind that if Star Trek fans had, as a group, said, No point in talking about this anymore, it's never going to come back, it never WOULD have come back.
-- Greg Farshtey

Learn this phrase. Love it. Hold it dear. Bring it back. If you know what this means, and/or agree with me, copy this into your sig.

More quick notes on elemental powers, masks, and tools (this time, I'm assuming seperate attack button):-Fire: Holding down attack button can charge a fireball (think like a bow's flaming arrow). Attacking enemies has a random chance of setting them on fire, and fireballs act like Flint and Steel on contact with a block or enemies. By attacking existing fire or lava, heat can be absorbed, turning lava into temporary cobblestone and putting out fire. When near lava or fire, Elemental Energy will regenerate at a slightly faster rate than normal. Guarding with a fire-based weapon will automatically absorb all nearby flame, including flame on the player.-Water: Automatically get more maneuverability in water, as well as a longer air meter. While on land, holding the attack key will create a jet of water, which pushes foes back and does minor damage. Underwater, this becomes a powerful riptide (essentially a temporary current). Mining underwater is not slower than mining on land, unlike the usual mechanics. By holding the attack key and pointing at water, it can be absorbed for Elemental Energy (though this is slow compared to other elements). Charging a water jet for long enough will cause it to create a temporary water block upon impact. EE regenerates more quickly while in contact with water, or when near (~10 blocks in any direction) water.-Air: -25% gravity, takes reduced falling damage. By jumping in midair, the user will be boosted a short distance upwards and in the direction pointed. Holding the attack key creates a gust of wind, which costs almost no elemental energy and pushes enemies quickly away. Using this underwater results in a partial refill to the air meter. The player's speed in climbing ladders and vines is increased as well.-Earth: By attacking the ground, a pillar of earth can be caused to erupt from the ground (does not work on sandstone, cobblestone, or other artificial materials). This flings foes into the air, leaving them to die by falling damage. By holding down the attack key while pointing at the ground, an earthquake can be caused, stunning nearby enemies and dealing radial damage. By hitting the "place" button with elemental powers/Claws selected, a block of dirt can be created. Mining with bare hands or Earth Claws will regenerate Elemental Energy.-Ice: Attacking foes has a high chance of freezing, can charge up an ice blast that creates an ice block wherever it hits, can attack snow or ice to regain Elemental Energy, Elemental Energy regenerates more quickly in cold areas. Frozen mobs act as solid blocks until they thaw (which, if codeable, takes longer in cold areas). Traction is drastically increased when on ice.-Stone: Physical attacks deal more damage. Attacking the ground on sand, stone, clay, sandstone, or cobblestone will cause a small boulder of that substance to be created (I'm picturing this as an entity with the textures of the surrounding block, about the same size relative to the player as Kohlii balls are to the Toa). Attacking this boulder will allow the player to kick/punch it around. The boulder will deal damage to enemies it rolls or flies into, and will also deal varying damage depending on the substance (if doable; Stone and Cobblestone might do more damage than sandstone). The boulder can be removed by mining it, and kicking it with Pohatu's Foot Additions will cause the boulder to go farther, faster, and deal more damage.Then for the Kanohi, I at first thought that you would want a seperate button to trigger them. However, I soon realized that almost all of the early Kanohi (except for Noble Kanohi) were essentially ambient effects, so that wouldn't be needed. As such:-Hau: Will protect against attacks from anywhere in the player's range of vision. However, the shield has a limited amount of durability, and will break after taking enough hits. It will slowly recharge if not hit for long enough. The player can guard with any weapon to quickly recharge the shield.-Kaukau: Allows the user unlimited time underwater.-Miru: If the user holds the jump button in midair, then they will glide slowly downwards. If combined with the Elemental Power of Air, then the user can glide upwards as well (though this is not as fast or hard to control as Creative Mode's flight, and it is still slightly difficult to rise upwards).-Pakari: Physical attacks deal double damage, blocks are mined twice as fast.-Kakama: Holding the Sprint key will result in a sprint that is twice the speed of the usual sprint.Powerless Kanohi can be forged by using a Crafting Table, and then put in a furnace to become regular Kanohi (whether it's Great or Noble will depend on the type of Kanohi).Most Noble Kanohi would probably need a seperate button to trigger them:-Huna: When triggered, the user becomes invisible. Mobs cannot detect the player unless they are in motion, and there's a random chance that mobs will not detect a moving player either. Players cannot be detected at all in mid-air. Pressing the button again when invisible, being hit while invisible, or spending too much time invisible, will cause the player to revert to normal.-Rau: This is more of a "story mask" in my mind. To players using this mask, Matoran carvings and such found around the island are translated automatically. These could be trivia or story info. In addition, this mask makes it easier to tame mobs such as wolves (which I'm guessing would be replaced by non-infected Muaka or something?).-Mahiki: Pressing the button causes the user to create an illusion. The illusion travels forward in a straight line, jumping over gaps and blocks whenever possible. The illusion vanishes if it hits a wall it cannot jump over, or if it takes any damage (this includes falling damage). Mobs will automatically attack the illusion instead of the player, assuming that both are in their detection range. The inspiration from this actually came from a hologram power in Halo: Reach.-Ruru: The player can see clearly any objects or mobs, regardless of the lighting.-Komau: The player can take control of nearby mobs by pointing at them and pressing the Kanohi button. The player will then get a third-person view of the mob, and can control them for a limited amount of time. Mobs will not attack other mobs.As you can tell, some (such as Mahiki and Komau) are more useful in cover.Now, here's my take on the Toa Tools:-Fire Sword: Attacking enemies has a small chance of igniting them (this chance is increased with the Elemental Power of Fire). Guarding with this (when using the Elemental Power of Fire) will absorb all nearby flame for Elemental Energy.-Hooks: Mining and attack speed are not affected by being in water, allows user to deal more damage underwater.-Axe: Deals more damage in the air or in a jungle biome, is more effective at cutting down trees.-Earth Claws: Shorter range, deal more damage, can mine more quickly than most tools (do not get blocks from mining "better" materials, such as stone).-Ice Sword/Ice Shield: Guarding animation is changed to a defensive block with the Ice Shield, attacks have a chance of freezing enemies (chance increases when combined with Elemental Power of Ice).-Foot Additions: Deal more damage, attacking animation changed to a kick, attacks are slightly slower. Attacks deal more knockback to mobs than usual. Attacks will also kick a boulder created with the Elemental Power of Stone farther and faster.I'm picturing them as difficult to get, but unbreakable.As for the Turaga's tools:-Firestaff: Attacks have about a 25% chance of igniting enemies, deals less damage than Fire Sword.-Trident: Attacks are more effective underwater, deals more damage.-Kau Kau Staff: Holding the attack button (weapon, not elemental) will cause the buzzsaw at the end to activate, which causes repeated damage but no knockback to hit enemies.-Drill of Onua: Highly effective at mining, can mine any materials.-Ice Pick: Increased traction on ice (stacks with the Elemental Power of Ice's buff as well).-Stone Hammer: Shorter range, deals increased damage and knockback to enemies. A slightly slower weapon.For the Turaga's tools, I'm imagining them as easier to get, but still unbreakable.Golden Kanohi just stack all of the other mask powers.I have some ideas for 2002-based events and gear, as well as some 2003, but I'll save those for later.

Edited by Meta-Mind

BZPRPG TIME, where you could have one post talk about dinner, and the next about lunch.

Time is beyond relative here.

There's no reason not to put lasers in the palms of planet-sized robots. In fact, if I had my own planet-sized robot, palm lasers would be one of my first upgrades.

BZPRPG Profiles [outdated]

May or may not be back from a multi-year hiatus. We'll see how this works out...

I have a neat idea, but I'm not sure if you would be able to pull it off. Makuta is in Mangia, a lair surrounded by bedrock. Impossible to get in. But one you collect all of the golden masks, the door at kini nui opens. Or you get the materials to build a portal to mangia. Somthing to prevent you from entering the big boss battle when you're too early in the game.Also, while fighting the makuta, It would be neat if you had to use all of the toa weapons to destroy him. Like, his health is divided up into six sections, and one weapon would effect one of thoes sections.Oh, another idea! What if you killed makuta as the MNOLG I Makuta, but then he comes back stronger as the MoL Makuta.
Hm, not bad. The bedrock would be cool, and the Kini-Nui entrance would be very nice, I just hope it will generate okay. Maybe a lock where you need to enter all the golden Kanohi that's like an unbreakable block on the top of the Kini Nui that disappears (and drops the masks) when you fill all slots, revealing a ladder, or maybe you just drop into a pool? It could also be maybe one of each kind of Kraata or something?The six health bars would be cool, but that would also mean that you would need to switch armors between each bar.And if I can figure out that last one, I would really like to do that. :)
Sounds a bit like the End to me. Also, why not soething like the Codex, a room that immediately kills you if you enter immediately, and his weapons are based on your weapons?Also, if on a server, you can have up to six people to access the Lair, or if that's impossible, AIs.I'm sorry that I can't do anything practical, I really want to help.I do think it's a good idea, ToV. Or maybe Makoki Stones as a key?
Maybe, but that would just be really annoying if you accidentally enter Mangaia and suddenly die, and can't get your stuff back.That would be cool, maybe I can use that to put in the six healthbars idea, but just into the server version.Makoki stones would also really work as well, it would add another thing to look for, I just hope it won't be too hard to enter that lair!
Has there been a release yet, or did I miss something?By the way, the sprites and textures look awesome!-sonyaxe
No, not yet, I'm working on it, hopefully I'll get something done today. And thank you, but it wasn't all me. :)
What Computer coding language do you use? I may be able to help.
It's just Java, and some help would be greatly appreciated.
To get the golden mask, why not do a sacrificial pool to get it? I'm sure with the correct coding, instead of getting it unretrieveable like lava, it would actually transform the mask.
Maybe, although I was thinking maybe that Kini-Nui lock could also double as a kind of crafting table that also fuses the six masks together. It would be canon. :shrugs: Cool idea though, I would like to use that somehow. Maybe with the Nuva armor?
A little suggestion, maybe it would be easier to split the modification in two, one half is just normal Minecraft with Bionicle elements and mobs, the other into a modification with the story line, the Golden Masks, keys, puzzles and a boss battle?
That might work, and it would be cool, but it's hard enough to get one moderator out, and that would also mean I would need to figure out how to make the story work.
More quick notes on elemental powers, masks, and tools (this time, I'm assuming seperate attack button):-Fire: Holding down attack button can charge a fireball (think like a bow's flaming arrow). Attacking enemies has a random chance of setting them on fire, and fireballs act like Flint and Steel on contact with a block or enemies. By attacking existing fire or lava, heat can be absorbed, turning lava into temporary cobblestone and putting out fire. When near lava or fire, Elemental Energy will regenerate at a slightly faster rate than normal. Guarding with a fire-based weapon will automatically absorb all nearby flame, including flame on the player.-Water: Automatically get more maneuverability in water, as well as a longer air meter. While on land, holding the attack key will create a jet of water, which pushes foes back and does minor damage. Underwater, this becomes a powerful riptide (essentially a temporary current). Mining underwater is not slower than mining on land, unlike the usual mechanics. By holding the attack key and pointing at water, it can be absorbed for Elemental Energy (though this is slow compared to other elements). Charging a water jet for long enough will cause it to create a temporary water block upon impact. EE regenerates more quickly while in contact with water, or when near (~10 blocks in any direction) water.-Air: -25% gravity, takes reduced falling damage. By jumping in midair, the user will be boosted a short distance upwards and in the direction pointed. Holding the attack key creates a gust of wind, which costs almost no elemental energy and pushes enemies quickly away. Using this underwater results in a partial refill to the air meter. The player's speed in climbing ladders and vines is increased as well.-Earth: By attacking the ground, a pillar of earth can be caused to erupt from the ground (does not work on sandstone, cobblestone, or other artificial materials). This flings foes into the air, leaving them to die by falling damage. By holding down the attack key while pointing at the ground, an earthquake can be caused, stunning nearby enemies and dealing radial damage. By hitting the "place" button with elemental powers/Claws selected, a block of dirt can be created. Mining with bare hands or Earth Claws will regenerate Elemental Energy.-Ice: Attacking foes has a high chance of freezing, can charge up an ice blast that creates an ice block wherever it hits, can attack snow or ice to regain Elemental Energy, Elemental Energy regenerates more quickly in cold areas. Frozen mobs act as solid blocks until they thaw (which, if codeable, takes longer in cold areas). Traction is drastically increased when on ice.-Stone: Physical attacks deal more damage. Attacking the ground on sand, stone, clay, sandstone, or cobblestone will cause a small boulder of that substance to be created (I'm picturing this as an entity with the textures of the surrounding block, about the same size relative to the player as Kohlii balls are to the Toa). Attacking this boulder will allow the player to kick/punch it around. The boulder will deal damage to enemies it rolls or flies into, and will also deal varying damage depending on the substance (if doable; Stone and Cobblestone might do more damage than sandstone). The boulder can be removed by mining it, and kicking it with Pohatu's Foot Additions will cause the boulder to go farther, faster, and deal more damage.Then for the Kanohi, I at first thought that you would want a seperate button to trigger them. However, I soon realized that almost all of the early Kanohi (except for Noble Kanohi) were essentially ambient effects, so that wouldn't be needed. As such:-Hau: Will protect against attacks from anywhere in the player's range of vision. However, the shield has a limited amount of durability, and will break after taking enough hits. It will slowly recharge if not hit for long enough. The player can guard with any weapon to quickly recharge the shield.-Kaukau: Allows the user unlimited time underwater.-Miru: If the user holds the jump button in midair, then they will glide slowly downwards. If combined with the Elemental Power of Air, then the user can glide upwards as well (though this is not as fast or hard to control as Creative Mode's flight, and it is still slightly difficult to rise upwards).-Pakari: Physical attacks deal double damage, blocks are mined twice as fast.-Kakama: Holding the Sprint key will result in a sprint that is twice the speed of the usual sprint.Powerless Kanohi can be forged by using a Crafting Table, and then put in a furnace to become regular Kanohi (whether it's Great or Noble will depend on the type of Kanohi).Most Noble Kanohi would probably need a seperate button to trigger them:-Huna: When triggered, the user becomes invisible. Mobs cannot detect the player unless they are in motion, and there's a random chance that mobs will not detect a moving player either. Players cannot be detected at all in mid-air. Pressing the button again when invisible, being hit while invisible, or spending too much time invisible, will cause the player to revert to normal.-Rau: This is more of a "story mask" in my mind. To players using this mask, Matoran carvings and such found around the island are translated automatically. These could be trivia or story info. In addition, this mask makes it easier to tame mobs such as wolves (which I'm guessing would be replaced by non-infected Muaka or something?).-Mahiki: Pressing the button causes the user to create an illusion. The illusion travels forward in a straight line, jumping over gaps and blocks whenever possible. The illusion vanishes if it hits a wall it cannot jump over, or if it takes any damage (this includes falling damage). Mobs will automatically attack the illusion instead of the player, assuming that both are in their detection range. The inspiration from this actually came from a hologram power in Halo: Reach.-Ruru: The player can see clearly any objects or mobs, regardless of the lighting.-Komau: The player can take control of nearby mobs by pointing at them and pressing the Kanohi button. The player will then get a third-person view of the mob, and can control them for a limited amount of time. Mobs will not attack other mobs.As you can tell, some (such as Mahiki and Komau) are more useful in cover.Now, here's my take on the Toa Tools:-Fire Sword: Attacking enemies has a small chance of igniting them (this chance is increased with the Elemental Power of Fire). Guarding with this (when using the Elemental Power of Fire) will absorb all nearby flame for Elemental Energy.-Hooks: Mining and attack speed are not affected by being in water, allows user to deal more damage underwater.-Axe: Deals more damage in the air or in a jungle biome, is more effective at cutting down trees.-Earth Claws: Shorter range, deal more damage, can mine more quickly than most tools (do not get blocks from mining "better" materials, such as stone).-Ice Sword/Ice Shield: Guarding animation is changed to a defensive block with the Ice Shield, attacks have a chance of freezing enemies (chance increases when combined with Elemental Power of Ice).-Foot Additions: Deal more damage, attacking animation changed to a kick, attacks are slightly slower. Attacks deal more knockback to mobs than usual. Attacks will also kick a boulder created with the Elemental Power of Stone farther and faster.I'm picturing them as difficult to get, but unbreakable.As for the Turaga's tools:-Firestaff: Attacks have about a 25% chance of igniting enemies, deals less damage than Fire Sword.-Trident: Attacks are more effective underwater, deals more damage.-Kau Kau Staff: Holding the attack button (weapon, not elemental) will cause the buzzsaw at the end to activate, which causes repeated damage but no knockback to hit enemies.-Drill of Onua: Highly effective at mining, can mine any materials.-Ice Pick: Increased traction on ice (stacks with the Elemental Power of Ice's buff as well).-Stone Hammer: Shorter range, deals increased damage and knockback to enemies. A slightly slower weapon.For the Turaga's tools, I'm imagining them as easier to get, but still unbreakable.Golden Kanohi just stack all of the other mask powers.I have some ideas for 2002-based events and gear, as well as some 2003, but I'll save those for later.
Wow, that's a lot of stuff. I definitely agree with most of it, and it all sounds very cool. Just my few nitpicks:1. I was planning on tools being crafted out of elemental shards (found from defeating various elemental mobs), and then enchanted to get their various abilities. Maybe not unbreakable, since they should be somewhat easy to get, but also they would last longer than the average tool.2. I have absolutely no idea how to make a water jet, but I'll do my best. I would really like it as well though!3. Same for pillar of earth, but I'll probably just make an entity (like Minecarts, active TNT, etc.) so it looks nice.4. Mining to recharge Earth energy is awesome!5. I'm not sure about the stone boulder, it wouldn't look very Minecraft-like, but I can't really think of any other options for stone.6. I'm thinking that powerless Kanohi will maybe be forgable, or you can trade for them in Ta-Koro or something, and then powered masks (at least in the Mata-Nui modification) will have to be found. Otherwise, great ideas, and it's nice to not need a button.7. Huna can probably be same as invisibility potion, so hopefully that will come out before I get that far.8. Rau is a brilliant idea, maybe it would help to read Matoran signs to get through difficult areas in mask dungeons or tricks to defeat Makuta or something. :)9. Mahiki and Komau are also just brilliant. You found some great powers for some difficult masks that transfer well. :)10. I also love the Ice Shield and Foot Addition kick idea, if I can figure that out.Just, in general, great ideas! I really hope I can use them!

I agree with Click, Meta, those ideas are great!I especially like the Feet Additions and Turaga Tools... I have a brother who is really big on Pohatu and those Feet Additions of his, and if that could be added... well, it would make his day. :biggrin: And mine.Question, Click: Will this moderator require Modloader?Also, another request: Could you add a simple option to play without the moderator on? No special mobs or items spawning? There are probably going to be times when I'd just like to play default Minecraft, without Rahi running around... plus they'd probably creep my sisters out. :P

Edited by Tehurye

I have an idea for powerless kanohi. Maybe, you add another "hunger bar" that tells your limit of how long you can go without a mask. Unlike the health bar, this one is very slow, since it would take a few minecraft days to find the materials to build it. I'm thinking maybe you fill the entire crafting table with iron, and replace the bottom middle one with redstone. Once you do wear a mask, the mask limit bar goes away, untill you take off the mask.

Are you waiting for the Modding API to come out in 1.4? most modifications are.
1.4 comes out tomorrow, and I haven't heard anything about it actually being there. I doubt it.Anyways, this is really cool! I will be keeping my eye on this one, I will be glad to try out the modification when it is ready.