Rate The Song Above You

5/5 - classic song, haven't listened to Dio in ages although I loved the first two albums back in the day. should jam those again sometime.

coincidentally, one of the songs I considered posting actually has a main riff that a lot of people have said is similar to "Rainbow in the Dark". guess that's the one I'll post:

i thought this was going to be way different and really terrible but i guess i got mdb confused with bvb or something

I would hope you would know me well enough by now to know that I would never post anything remotely like BVB.

2/5 i wanted to like this but its so...something. i dont know. i want to say dated but thats a p weak reason for not liking a song. its unappealing to me and i cant pin down why

edit: and listen its ok to admit you still identify with teen-struggle-core sometimes

i do like every day

Edited by Johnny Truant

only in dreams.

2.5/5 - at first I thought this was just a song with a similar title, but nope, it's actually a cover of an Amon Amarth song. it's not awful but I honestly prefer the original by a thousand times. the vocals in particular on this version just aren't very good, and musically it's extremely uncreative (it sounds almost identical to the original, just with some keyboards - what's the point of doing a cover if you just straight-up copy the original and do nothing to make it your own?). I'm pretty sure I heard some backing harsh vocals from Peter Tägtgren at the end though, so that's a plus.

Yes, everyone needs a little more Ulver in their lives.

4/5 The video you linked is apparently not available, but it was worth the minor effort to find a working one. It's a fun song, even if I'm not sure I dig the vocals as much.

Since apparently nobody wants to rate the nice and short song, I might as well swap it out for something else

Edited by Emilie Autumn

___

8Sxue4J.jpg

___

___

• 1 month later...

2.5/5 - Below Average.  I can barely understand some parts; my policy on lyrics (specifically ones where I can understand the language, like English) is that they should be understandable and have weight in their meaning (and maybe this song does, but it is hard for me to hear much of the words), otherwise why have them? It sounds 'nice' in some parts, others were just strange. Not my type of music, so maybe that has something to do with it.

Behold, literature inspiration.

If the name of the band is classified as 'inappropriate', I apologize, I can't edit the names of other people's videos. Otherwise, there is nothing inappropriate about the video or music.

Edited by Iaredios the Hip Historian

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

We are all but grey specks in a dark complex before a single white light

3.2 out of 5. Guitar was great, lyrics were the most stereotypical death metal sounds ever (though at times I could actually understand some words, which was nice).

Edited by Erasmus Graves

"Mutiny, Booty and Entropy"  - The Three Vices of the Frostelus

[flash=250,100]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/sprxtrerme/BANNERS/thornax.swf

5 out of 5.  (4 for the guitars, vocals, and video, and an extra point for the beards).

NOTE: This is not AC/DC. This is their predecessor Stevie Wright (RIP 1947-2015). Malcolm and Angus Young contributed to the album in general - but not this track, I believe.

3/5 - song gets a 5 for being a kitschy classic, but I feel like the point in posting this particular video was for the video itself. unfortunately, it's one of the most cringeworthy things I've ever seen, and gets a 1. average that up and you get a 3.

as long as we're posting hip-hop..

(since it doesn't say in the title, the artist is Dälek)

Edited by Chelsea Wolfe

4/5

Interesting song. Soothing but at the same time strangely eerie. Very good, disciplined use of instruments here - I didn't feel anything was unnecessary here. Not sure if I'd listen to it again, but I'm glad I listened to it when I did.

https://youtu.be/4guKyppFbSU

Edited by Erasmus Graves

Really? I guess I could see your point if it were, say, 50 years ago =P, but I guess I don't really listen to the radio or pandora or whatever

2/5 sorta same story as my previous rating; instrumental is pretty good, but I don't particularly like the vocals.

(I was lucky enough to see Booker T. perform this song live. Not my favorite version of this song, though, but this song has been done by so many artists with very different styles, so that's why I felt ok with posting the same song again, because it has such a different style than Dylan, Zevon, Guns n' Roses, etc)

2xu8Ptu.png