• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

Lotr Project: The Return of the King Sets

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9 replies to this topic

#1 Online Nuju Metru

Nuju Metru
  • BioniLUG Member
  • Forum Assistants
  • Senior BZPRPG Staff

• 12,170 posts
  •   BZP Assistant

Posted Aug 04 2012 - 12:42 AM

III. THE RETURN OF THE KING

Howdy guys.This is the project topic for my custom-made sets of The Return of the King. This is the last installment of this project - see above for the first two - and if you're looking for an explanation as to why I am where I am now, it can probably be found there. The creations below are built to be like sets that TLG themselves would make (ironic, huh?). Each one thus has specific minifigures, and even an imagined price point. My sets are built for stability, detail, playability, and differentiation of sizes. So, without further ado, let's get started!Newest Content is at the Top!3) Witch King DemiseEowyn and Merry have ridden into battle and faced many foes, but none as powerful as the Witch King of Angmar. The Witch King boasts that no man can fell him... Eowyn is no man.Imagined price point: $12Features include: swinging base.Includes 3 minifigures: Meriadoc Brandybuck, Eowyn, Witch KingPosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image2) Caverns of the DeadTo defeat the mighty forces assaulting Minas Tirith, Aragorn will need to seek aid in strange places. He leads his friends deep into the earth to try and win the alliance of the Army of the Dead. But the ghostly king has something else in mind...Imagined price point: $30Features include: skull droppers, launching padIncludes 4 minifigures: Aragorn, Legolas, Gimli, Dead KingPosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image1) Siege of Minas TirithThe great Gondorian city of Minas Tirith is under attack by the armies of Mordor! Gandalf the White must rally the men of the west to defend their stronghold against the orc horde and their formidable leader, the Witch King of Angmar. Can the city last against Sauron's powerful attack?Imagined price point: $250Features include: launching catapult, launching trebuchets, fell beast with 28 points of articulation, modular buildIncludes 14 minifigures: Gandalf the White, Peregrin Took, Denethor, Faramir, Witch King, Gothmog, Orc Captain, Gondorian Soldiers (4x), Orcs (3x)Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImageAs always, check my Brickshelf Gallery for more in-depth pictures. Thanks for viewing!

Edited by Nuju Metru, Aug 13 2012 - 05:17 PM.

14724951249_3a64db3ca1.jpg

#2 Offline The Otter

The Otter
  • Members
  • Voya Nui Discovered

• 12,423 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 04 2012 - 12:54 AM

Ooh, nice, Nuju, I like this one. The catapult is great, better yet is the half-trebuchet there. Nice set up.One thing I really like, though, is the Fell Beast-I'm going to have to find a way to modify that wing skeleton for some larger mocs I'm planning to do.I would definitely buy this, given the chance.

#3 Offline BULiK

BULiK
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Nuhvok-Kal Attacks!

• 3,052 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 04 2012 - 07:40 AM

Wow. If this was an actual lego set, it would take the spot as the most awesome set. From the first pictures, I thoguht it was made in mini- scale, but when I saw the up-close pictures of Gandalf coming through the gate.... my mind got blown. The design on the orc catapult is amazing, and I think it's a nice touch that it launches zamor spheres. You put so much detail into this. I hope Lego has a similar design for their minas tirith. The only criticism I have to make is no Grond or trolls at the gate.

imx_327053664.png

ryo786.png

Exo-Force RPG Profiles- Max Layer

#4 Offline The Renegade Emperor

The Renegade Emperor
  • Members
  • Battling Makuta!

• 515 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 04 2012 - 09:00 AM

Wow, very nice. Very well done. Oh, and I love the Witch King. Impressive job with him. The Gondor uniforms are very well done, too.Gandalf the White is a nice touch. His sword Glamdring has a great resemblance to his actual sword, here.Even the catapult and the trebuchet are incredibly detailed. I'd gladly have one of this.

skyrim_banner.jpg

#5 Offline Rama~Swarm

Rama~Swarm
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Retired Staff
  • ST errrr FA For Life (aka Senior Staff)

• 6,824 posts
  •   Retired Staff

Posted Aug 09 2012 - 07:02 PM

I'm just absolutely blown away by this. Those trebuchets are wonderful. Are they capable of firing on their own weight or do they require human power? I might have to build one just to play with it.

Is it strange to be annoyed that other people are using my color?

Y'all know who you are.

Posted Image

#6 Online Nuju Metru

Nuju Metru
  • BioniLUG Member
  • Forum Assistants
  • Senior BZPRPG Staff

• 12,170 posts
  •   BZP Assistant

Posted Aug 13 2012 - 05:15 PM

Two new sets added to the first post - check them out!

14724951249_3a64db3ca1.jpg

#7 Offline aaninja64

aaninja64
  • Members
  • Toa

• 104 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 19 2012 - 07:56 PM

The Witch-King Demise looks good. For a small set, it would definately be one that I would buy. I'm kind of curious about the helmet. How did you make it? The attachment system looks nice, but the square 1x1 tile would look better in silver, if it comes in silver. Nice job.
Herp Derp

#8 Offline Liopleurodon

Liopleurodon
  • Members
  • Scavenger Va

• 633 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 22 2012 - 01:25 PM

Wow! The functions on these really make them seem like actual Lego sets. I also like the catapults/trebuchets. :)

-Insert signature here-

#9 Offline Makuta Luroka

Makuta Luroka
  • Members
  • Encountering Protodermis

• 867 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 13 2012 - 04:34 PM

These creations are really incredible. I'm honestly in awe at the moment. My only concern is that Éowyn has the witch-king's sword and vice-versa.

--:m::a::k::u::t::a: :l::u::r::m_o::k::a:

card_newmat.png
biofighter_banner_platform.png

Your title has been removed. We will do our best to make sure you do not get a custom member title in the future for any reason to avoid such a situation from happening again.

#10 Offline Velox

Velox
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Forum Assistants
  • Bibliophilic Littérateur & Senior Staff

• 11,831 posts
  •   BZP Assistant

Posted Nov 13 2012 - 05:13 PM

It's unfortunate that I have to close a masterpiece of a topic such as this, but alas, revival has been done. Please do not post in topics that have been inactive for 20 days or more in the SBC forum.Topic closed.Posted Image(Oh, and Aaron, your work never ceases to amaze me. These are truly stunning pieces, as I've told you before. Great job on the photography here, too. )

"As a writer you ask yourself to dream while awake." ~ Aimee Bender

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users