Just Another Tahu

Black Six

tn_gallery_250_82_173112.jpg

Way back in who knows when DeeVee announced the Bionicle trophies for Bricks Cascade 2012 out in Portland, and one of them was for the 'Best Toa Moderator.' And I thought to myself, 'I should actually build something for a fan event this year,' and a Toa seems like a great place to start. And since the theme for BrickFair was Fire! it only made sense to make everyone's favorite fire Toa, Tahu. Not very original, but that wasn't the intent.Most of my Bionicle parts are still packed up from when I was in college, but I've been steadily picking up Hero Factory sets as I see ones that catch my eye or that go on sale, so Tahu is pretty much entirely Hero Factory parts (the mask and sword are from the Stars set, obviously). I played around with a bunch of different color combinations, trying for the classic red and orange on a black frame, the same on a red frame, and finally settled on red on black, since my orange part selection just wasn't enough to get the job done. I think it works pretty well.

tn_gallery_250_82_106891.jpgtn_gallery_250_82_162064.jpgtn_gallery_250_82_119541.jpgtn_gallery_250_82_38654.jpg

At one point I also experimented with adding some gold highlights. They didn't work too well with the black, but I managed to scrounge up enough red limb pieces to make a red and gold version. Only having one fire sword, I had to tack on some other weapons. The idea is: what would Tahu do after Mata Nui's victory over Makuta on Bara Magna? Maybe he'd give the Glatorian Arena a try to help keep his skills sharp. And so Glatorian Arena Tahu was born!

tn_gallery_250_82_268913.jpgtn_gallery_250_82_210459.jpg

[shamelessplug]All the images are in a gallery album right here on BZPower![/shamelessplug]

My only issue is that Tahu's eyes don't stand out. I think that's the reason they strayed made them green for his Stars incarnation.As Paleo pointed out, you did a good job with limited parts, and I think you convey a sense of Tahu even though it's made with HF parts.(goodness, it's so strange critiquing my superior)

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg