• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

Set Review: 8833 Series 8 Collectible Minifigures

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Hapori Tohu

Hapori Tohu
  • None
  • Heart of BZPower

• 1,164 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 20 2012 - 09:59 PM

Posted ImageSeries 8 Minifigures have been starting to appear on store shelves, and now they're even for sale from LEGO Shop online. So it seems like a good time to post a review for them. BZPower Reporter Xccj has obsessively collected all of them, and he'll let you know which ones are the coolest and how to find them. Read on for the review!View the full article

#2 Offline Flux: The Explorer

Flux: The Explorer
  • Members
  • Emerging Fluidic Master

• 1,286 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 20 2012 - 11:09 PM

I'm surprised that there're no football for the Football player. I guess it'll be too hard to create. Some of these look pretty neat while others... not so much. I'm interested in both the Conquistador and the DJ.

pWPTu7m.jpg

Credits go to Strack for the awesome sprite.

I'm an Emerging Fluidic Master (again). Time to start working on my Waterbending.
I'm still a ninja although I think I'm losing my skills as one.
"You're saying this kingdom will vanish? NOT TODAY! THIS KINGDOM IS ALL MINE! SO YOU VANISH!"

~ Bowser, in Bowser's Inside story

#3 Offline The Renegade Emperor

The Renegade Emperor
  • Members
  • Battling Makuta!

• 515 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 21 2012 - 06:49 AM

I'm surprised that there're no football for the Football player.

Me too, it would have been very great.However, I like almost all of them. Almost. That alien simply disgusts me. Actor, Businessman, Santa and Football Player are my favorites.Thanks for the review anyways!

skyrim_banner.jpg

#4 Offline Paleo

Paleo
  • Retired Staff
  • Encountering Protodermis

• 811 posts
  •   Retired Staff

Posted Sep 21 2012 - 07:16 AM

I really like the Actor's ruff. Hopefully I can find enough to make them useful in a MOC, because I already have an idea…Conquistador is pretty nice, even if the only interesting piece is the foil. But I'm still willing to get him for that.Great job on the reviews xccj!

Vote for Entry #2:

News • Forums • Q&A

bzptwitter.jpg bzpflickr.jpg bzpyoutube.jpg bzpfacebook.jpg

in General Discussion Contest 2.22!

#5 Offline Obsessionist

Obsessionist
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Members
  • Emerging Fluidic Master

• 1,271 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 21 2012 - 07:24 AM

Thanks for the review! I'd stopped getting these, given that, at $3 a pop, I'd rather buy Lego bricks. But the thesbian and Santa would be usefull... I'll have to check out my local stores.

1395440177m_SPLASH.jpg

#6 Offline Portal Nuvia

Portal Nuvia
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Armored Protector

• 300 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Sep 21 2012 - 10:32 AM

This review was pretty good, although you bashed all the figures I like. :/I was kinda surprised at your thoughts on the DJ. I mean come on! That hair. ;_;Thanks for the review though!

#7 Offline Aedai Rivin

Aedai Rivin
  • Members
  • Emerging Ice Warrior

• 1,862 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 21 2012 - 03:32 PM

I REALLY wish that people would learn that the contents of the boxes are partially random, in that there's usually a guaranteed 3 of each character, with randoms thrown in to round the number out.Each of these is equally likely to get from a fresh box, but after collectors have gotten through them you'll see many more skiers and DJs.Please learn!
Signature Guidelines: Avatar and signature total file size may not exceed 100 KB!

#8 Online xccj

xccj
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Reporters
  • Senior Staff Mask Maker

• 6,425 posts
  •   BZP Reporter

Posted Sep 21 2012 - 04:00 PM

I cannot make this claim personally, since I have never purchased a full unopened box. But based off what other AFOLs have said, there seems to be a fairly consistent pattern for figure count in each box. Yes, there's guaranteed to be at least 3 of each figure in the box, but the extras don't seem to be random at all. If you have proof otherwise, let me know. :)(And besides, that's for unopened boxes. Once they're on store shelves, things get mixed up quite a bit. So the fig-per-box count is only a general way to determine rarity between the figs.):music:

b-bolin-03.jpg

#9 Offline Spinjitzu Master

Spinjitzu Master
  • Members
  • Battling Makuta!

• 506 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 21 2012 - 05:03 PM

The DJ really caught my eye in this series...I don't know why. His accessories and entire look is fantastic.

daringsig.png

"Remember the Heart of NINJAGO."
PM me if you wish to know more about BIONICLE: Showdown!

#10 Offline Based Goomy

Based Goomy
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Tahnok-Kal Attacks!

• 3,228 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 21 2012 - 06:48 PM

I want that pretzel!

POKEMON Y FRIEND CODE: 2208-6468-7046

#11 Offline Toa Smoke Monster

Toa Smoke Monster
  • Outstanding BZPower Citizens
  • Lehvak-Kal Launched

• 4,841 posts

Posted Sep 22 2012 - 09:09 AM

A football player without a football. That is weird, IMO, but the fig is still cool. I also thought that the Actor, Business Man, Robot, and Santa were all good too.

Everyone is one choice away from being a bad guy in someone else's story.

#12 Offline that guy from that show

that guy from that show
  • Members
  • Submerged!

• 1,152 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 22 2012 - 10:49 AM

I suppose I fit into the crowd of people who loves the pirate because I don't have any older ones. Thus far he's the only pirate to have red torso and I think he looks spectacular.

That is all

#13 Offline Tanu Toa of Earth

Tanu Toa of Earth
  • Members
  • Toa

• 145 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 24 2012 - 04:33 PM

The only thing I like about the alien empress is that she has a purple cape... I love purple Minifig accessories, and I can imagine LU minifig MOCers using that piece for Maelstrom-aligned characters with capes, so another Awesomeness Point to the cape from that. :3Otherwise most of them are kind of meh except for maybe the Conquistador's armor and MAYBE a few other minor bits for certain things (The Santa beard, fairy legs and DJ hair, for instance.)
Posted Image

#14 Offline Meiko

Meiko
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Nuhvok-Kal Attacks!

• 3,039 posts

Posted Sep 25 2012 - 02:56 PM

The only minifig I have from this series is the Vampire Bat, which I do like quite a lot. I need to get more, but haven't gotten out to a retailer in a while.
--
Meiko
News reporter and database administrator at Brickset (profile)
Administrator at Brickipedia (profile)
Former administrator at BIONICLEsector01 (profile)
MediaWiki developer (profile)

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users