Set Review: 9556 Bytar

I'm surprised you didn't talk more about the purple. It's the cheapest set where you can get those crescent blades in purple. Also, I would have liked to see more writing. I understand that it's a small, minifig centered set, but I would've liked to see some more wisecracks and puns, maybe even more silly images.

Edited by Paleo

Its an interesting booster pack. But I wonder why they didn't include the height includer piece. Was it because the short character wouldn't be as well attached to the spinner?
The height includer piece has been absent from every set it was supposed to be in this year. It was originally going to be in Bytar, the Weapon Pack/Tool Set, Lloyd Garmadon, and even the Sopwith Camel, but every set it was pictured in has seen it removed or replaced. I have no idea why. Perhaps it was perceived as an unfair advantage or disadvantage in the Ninjago spinner game, and since that was its primary function it was never put into wide production. In any case, the figs with short legs work somewhat poorly without it, since their feet don't "lock" into the spinner the same way, so they're only held in by the space between their legs and gravity.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

Its an interesting booster pack. But I wonder why they didn't include the height includer piece. Was it because the short character wouldn't be as well attached to the spinner?
The height includer piece has been absent from every set it was supposed to be in this year. It was originally going to be in Bytar, the Weapon Pack/Tool Set, Lloyd Garmadon, and even the Sopwith Camel, but every set it was pictured in has seen it removed or replaced. I have no idea why. Perhaps it was perceived as an unfair advantage or disadvantage in the Ninjago spinner game, and since that was its primary function it was never put into wide production. In any case, the figs with short legs work somewhat poorly without it, since their feet don't "lock" into the spinner the same way, so they're only held in by the space between their legs and gravity.
What piece are you talking about?

OpAXNpl.jpg

Sorry, my wording was problematic. Basically, it's a platform-type piece that locks into the spinner so that minifigs with shorter legs can stand on it.Here it is shown in the Lloyd Garmadon booster pack, even though it never appeared in the finalized set. It's the orange piece on the left. It was supposed to also appear in orange in Bytar and the Weapon Pack, and in black in the Sopwith Camel. But it never showed up in any of them.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

For just $1 more than a collecible minifig, this is definitely a good value- that is, if you like the fig, which I'm kind of on the fence about for this one. It's a cool headpiece, but not very useful to me. Those chains a purple pieces might make it worth it, though.

42687538174_213a004f2f.jpg

Sorry, my wording was problematic. Basically, it's a platform-type piece that locks into the spinner so that minifigs with shorter legs can stand on it.Here it is shown in the Lloyd Garmadon booster pack, even though it never appeared in the finalized set. It's the orange piece on the left. It was supposed to also appear in orange in Bytar and the Weapon Pack, and in black in the Sopwith Camel. But it never showed up in any of them.
Oh yeah, I've never seen that before.Makes sense that it wouldn't be included though, since it looks like you could just knock the figure off the studs instead of out of the clips.

OpAXNpl.jpg

Cool impulse set? I'm not so much interested in the game as I am in the minifig. It looks like it's worth the price, though.
It's actually not an impulse set. ;)
Why no bendy legs?
From The Ninjago Wiki: "The Constrictai tend to be heavily built and often overweight. All known members sans Skalidor appear to be much shorter than the average Serpentine in other tribe. They have immense strength, which they use to their advantage by choking their opponents."Yeah... I cried when I saw this review... Because I have the set and the photos for a Ninjago Wiki review, but haven't written it yet. ;_;Well, good review. Most everything is what I'd've said about the set as well, except I'd add the fact that this set is a very easy way to get purple.My favorite part of this set however has got to be the Bytar minifig. He's just... so... cute. c: Edited by Meiko

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.