• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Posted Image

Click to ToggleParticipate in our raffle!

Hi, Guest. Come take a look and participate in our raffle:

Chima 2014 Big Raffle
Chima 2014 New Member Raffle
Chima 2014 Little Raffle

Photo

Artakha (LDD MOC)

Artakha LDD

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Mohamed Marei

Mohamed Marei
  • Members
  • Battling Makuta!

• 533 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 08 2012 - 09:24 AM

My interpretation of Artakha...I know that his armor is meant to be decorated in ancient symbols, and that it is meant to be grey-green but this is MY OWN INTERPRETATION. The inspiration for the mask came to me from an internet picture. The piece used for the eyes is a t-piece, which explains why you would see a small hint of blue close to where his mouthpiece is. So tell me what you guys think!

Main pic

I decided that I will just upload everything to my photostream on the photostream website.

So here is the link to the set.

Enjoy...and be sure to leave feedback on what you would suggest for improvements. And if you'd like I may post the actual LDD file, but I will only do that upon request...or when I become less lazy :P

So that's it! 

:tohu:

sig_banner.png

< Curious? Click the pic!!! ^ >

Here are my current PBZP's.  (Note: PBZP topics are mostly* dead. DON'T REVIVE!!!)

Completed In Progress             < A  B  C  D  E  F  G  H  I  J  K  L  Lii  M  N  O   Q  R  S  T  U  V  Vii  W  X  Y  Z >          

#2 Offline Aanchir: Rachira of Time

Aanchir: Rachira of Time
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Another Chir Brother

• 3,378 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 08 2012 - 10:28 AM

Whoa, this is a very neat design. IMO, Sand Green is certainly close enough to "gray-green" to match his story description. I like the robed look those pterodactyl wings give him. The mask is also very nice.If I had to pick one part that I really genuinely love, it's the design of the feet and lower legs. It can be very hard to make something that looks like it actually fits the BIONICLE aesthetic on LDD (a lot of BIONICLE MOCs I've seen made on LDD are somewhat junky looking), but this part of the MOC looks like it could have been in a BIONICLE titan set if the theme had actually continued for longer. Other parts do tend towards a smoother aesthetic more typical of Hero Factory, but this part has all the luscious texture that made BIONICLE so distinctive.Since this is on LDD, it's impossible to tell how sturdy it is, or how realistic the range of motion of the hips is. But overall you've done some great work here, creating a character design with a lot of personality and an aesthetic that is all its own. Congratulations!

hs01_sig.png recommends the following sites:
bs01_banner.png hs01_banner.pngtnw_banner.pngtcw-banner.png

#3 Offline Mohamed Marei

Mohamed Marei
  • Members
  • Battling Makuta!

• 533 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 08 2012 - 12:05 PM

I'm glad the pterodactyl wings were correctly interpreted as a robe :D Thank you for your opinion...He looked so much better in dark green but since I had to stick to the story description I had no choice. 

And the hip is actually articulated but would give you a hard time to pose on LDD. I don't build using groups so that might be the reason why the pieces don't hinge properly. 

:tohu:

sig_banner.png

Here are my current PBZP's.  (Note: PBZP topics are mostly* dead. DON'T REVIVE!!!)

Completed In Progress             < A  B  C  D  E  F  G  H  I  J  K  L  Lii  M  N  O   Q  R  S  T  U  V  Vii  W  X  Y  Z >          

#4 Offline A Magus With Class

A Magus With Class
  • Members
  • Nuhvok-Kal Attacks!

• 3,017 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 08 2012 - 01:04 PM

It looks extremely blocky to me.His torso seems really big. I always imagined him to have a more toa-like build. But still nice job. I found the addition of (antlers?) to the mask to be interesting.

1322709438521.jpg

#5 Offline Chro

Chro
  • Members
  • Stone Champion Nuva

• 1,597 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 08 2012 - 02:18 PM

[font="verdana, geneva, sans-serif;"][color=#808080;]Doesn't feel like Artahka to me, I guess, because I don't picture him as physically imposing so much as dangerous by use of his array of powers. I also thought of the Staff of Artahka as being, well, a staff, as opposed to a club-like weapon. :lol:[/color][/font]

[font="verdana, geneva, sans-serif;"][color=#808080;]Physically, nice MOC! Great use of those wing pieces. As Aanchir said, the legs are nice; I also like the hands, but I feel like the arms need some work.[/color][/font]

CHRO IS LIKE A BEAUTIFUL PHOENIX
EXCEPT MORE PAINFUL

Brickshelf
 MOCpages
➠ flickr
YouTube

#6 Offline Mohamed Marei

Mohamed Marei
  • Members
  • Battling Makuta!

• 533 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 08 2012 - 03:41 PM

Umm...This is not a staff he's holding...it's his war hammer. The angle sure makes it look like a staff, but I'm pretty sure there's a pic in the set that says 'hammer'...

sig_banner.png

#7 Offline Chro

Chro
  • Members
  • Stone Champion Nuva

• 1,597 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 08 2012 - 03:52 PM

[font="verdana, geneva, sans-serif;"][color=#808080;]Oh, my mistake. Didn't notice that, but you're right, it's there.[/color][/font]

[font="verdana, geneva, sans-serif;"][color=#808080;]Also, didn't see this before either, but I like the mouthguard thing using the PoP claw. :lol:[/color][/font]

CHRO IS LIKE A BEAUTIFUL PHOENIX
EXCEPT MORE PAINFUL

Brickshelf
 MOCpages
➠ flickr
YouTube

#8 Offline Poutwuw Toa of Diversity

Poutwuw Toa of Diversity
  • Members
  • Stalwart Defender

• 426 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 09 2012 - 10:09 AM

Heh, he is MASSIVE.

I like the gray-green on him, and the gold kind of links him to the first incarnation of Karzahni. 

The arms have a curvy muscly look to them, which is cool.

The wings on his shoulders look like those poncho thingies the Turaga wear.

I really like it!

Posted Image
Thanks to Valenti for the pic! ^
"You know she's not a tree, right?"
"She's NOT a tree, Dashie!"
"I'd like to be a tree."

#9 Offline Canis Lycaon

Canis Lycaon
  • Members
  • Emerging Fluidic Master

• 1,280 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 10 2012 - 04:01 PM

Wow. This looks just like I thought Artakha would look like. The head seems a bit small compared to the rest of the body, but other than that, this is awesome.

I used to have a banner here.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

#10 Offline Mohamed Marei

Mohamed Marei
  • Members
  • Battling Makuta!

• 533 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 13 2012 - 02:56 PM

Yeah... The POP armbrace is one of my "signature" pieces because it covers up gaps nicely as well as gives decent texture to pieces. Now that you think about it there's a few things I want to change about him, so I might post a revamp soon.

sig_banner.png

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users