• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

Taxir

Phantoka MOC wings

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Chro

Chro
  • Members
  • Defender of Mata Nui

• 07-August 12
  • 2,126 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 31 2013 - 09:10 PM

Posted Image

[font="'courier new', courier, monospace;"][color=#ff6600;]                                       ^ CLICK HERE FOR GALLERY ^[/color][/font]

[font="verdana, geneva, sans-serif;"][color=#808080;](Not really a Phantoka MOC, but it's a similar idea.)[/color][/font]

[font="verdana, geneva, sans-serif;"][color=#808080;]Feedback is appreciated.[/color][/font]

"I guess you can't kill what's already dead."

#2 Offline Captain Caboose

Captain Caboose
  • Members
  • Stone Champion Nuva

• 07-December 12
  • 1,543 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 01 2013 - 12:11 AM

This looks great. Reminds me of a republic commando (probably cause I'm listing to Vode An.) But what I really like is the tubes going through the eyes of the Pakari.

Coming soon

A new adventure begins

BZPRPG Profiles

Flaredrick Seria - Potas -'Jet Fire' -'Razor'- 'Infector' - Reso 'Vo - Kasrar 'V- Ludvin va Betravo - Vallen Tor - Molvr Kalr

#3 Offline Chro

Chro
  • Members
  • Defender of Mata Nui

• 07-August 12
  • 2,126 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 01 2013 - 09:54 AM

Thanks, Ric. I'm not too familiar with the appearance of Republic Commandos, actually. I did feel that the tubes were fitting of a low-oxygen environment, like high altitudes.

#4 Offline Captain Caboose

Captain Caboose
  • Members
  • Stone Champion Nuva

• 07-December 12
  • 1,543 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 01 2013 - 06:33 PM

Yeah, that's why he(or she?) wears the winged jet pack. And the knives on the armor make it look more of what I said. Now I feel like making one.

Coming soon

A new adventure begins

BZPRPG Profiles

Flaredrick Seria - Potas -'Jet Fire' -'Razor'- 'Infector' - Reso 'Vo - Kasrar 'V- Ludvin va Betravo - Vallen Tor - Molvr Kalr

#5 Offline Chro

Chro
  • Members
  • Defender of Mata Nui

• 07-August 12
  • 2,126 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 02 2013 - 10:21 AM

Yeah, that's why he(or she?) wears the winged jet pack. And the knives on the armor make it look more of what I said. Now I feel like making one.

Eh, no backstory or specified gender here, haha. I assume the commandos have wrist blades, then? Cool.

#6 Offline Freezer Burn

Freezer Burn
  • Members
  • Seeker

• 20-January 09
  • 291 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 02 2013 - 06:53 PM

As always Chro, marvelous. I especially like the contrast of colors you have going on in this; the trans-orange with nui-jaga blue looks high-tech and spectacular. His wings (a function... *faints from joy*) also look techy and like they can get this guy moving pretty fast. The flames coming out of the wristblade in one of the shots was a nice touch, along with the unarmored skeleton shot (though the skeleton just makes me insecure about my own custom building potential. :P) Super job!

Look at me still talking when there's science to do!

#7 Offline Chro

Chro
  • Members
  • Defender of Mata Nui

• 07-August 12
  • 2,126 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 05 2013 - 08:35 PM

Thanks Freezerburn! :lol:The wings aren't really a function, I suppose; they're just collapsible (or can fold back... whatever).Yep, there was certainly an emphasis on speed for Taxir. ;)Don't be insecure, haha. The point of the skeleton shots are to provide inspiration! I always say, and I know many agree, that the best place to start off from (or if not start, improve from) is by basing your MOCs off of others' designs, then changing it up to suit your needs. :)

#8 Offline Meiko

Meiko
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Nuhvok-Kal Attacks!

• 01-April 07
  • 3,097 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Feb 07 2013 - 09:05 AM

Colors are great in this! I've used trans-orange and silver on one of the MOCs I have together right now. Well done overall. The build is superb. Probably my favorite of your MOCs. :)

--
Meiko - @georgebarnick
LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia
News reporter and database administrator at Brickset
Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

#9 Offline Chro

Chro
  • Members
  • Defender of Mata Nui

• 07-August 12
  • 2,126 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 08 2013 - 10:48 AM

Thanks Meiko! Yeah, trans parts are so fun to work with in MOCing. :lol:

#10 Online ShadowWolfHount

ShadowWolfHount
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Descending into Protodermis

• 13-October 12
  • 943 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 13 2013 - 08:56 AM

Amazing MOC love the custom head on the new HF mask, the armor on the body look awesome but the body look odd. the arm are easy but fit greaat with the MOC. and love the leg and foot, i do like the use of the star foot and the use of the HF armor on the upper leg.

image.php?u=47115&dateline=1334913320

:voyanui: Find Me On :voyanui: 
Flickr 10.gif MOCpages 10.gif Youtube

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users