POLL SLIPPY TOAD  

67 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Prelim Voting begins February 21 and ends on February 24 at 9:59PM PSTFinal Voting begins February 25 and ends on February 27 at 9:59PM PSTThe contest winner will be posted in a separate thread in the BBC forum the following day. The top entry in each poll will advance, as well as two overall wildcards.

Edited by DeeVee

31399314352_5890b9b8a3_o.jpg

I had a hard time choosing between Simicarid Warrior and my own entry, Kit Martello. As conceited as it might sound, Kit Martello won out.Simicarid Warrior is brilliantly sculpted, with clever part use and great economy of detail (something that's often undervalued in MOCing competitions). And I have a soft spot for crustacean MOCs, having spent a lot of my early years as a BIONICLE fan building shrimp, lobsters, crabs, and what-have-you using my abundant Technic parts.But at the same time, Simicarid Warrior struggles with regard to color layering, the legs feel a bit column-like compared to the sharp curves and angles elsewhere in his build, and the level of detail isn't entirely consistent even within a particular color/layer (for example, the smooth dark stone grey upper arms don't feel especially consistent with the more intricate detail of the lower legs).It doesn't look as though Kit Martello is going to do all that well in this contest, so good luck, Bunda, and looking forward to your next MOC (which hopefully won't have to be as rushed as this one, since there is a lot of potential in this entry it seems you didn't have the time/pieces to fully explore).

I voted for shrimp. 'Nuff said.

Or maybe not.

Mr.Shrimpy and Elebot were my favorites in this poll, but I chose Simicared Warrior over Elebot! because I just like the overall feel of the MoC, and it looked more appealing in my eye than the other MoCs in the poll.

~

Creative is a very good word to describe the collection of MOCs in this poll. I can't say I ever expected somebody to anthropomorhpize a shrimp or mosquito, but I'm very glad I did. They gave something very unique to look at.And the Simicarid Warrior is a very nice shrimp indeed.~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

"He walks among us, but he is not one of us."

I have no idea what Simicarid Warrior is supposed to be. Elebot looked more robot that elephant, and Bloodsucker was good if it didn't have those big swords. I don't see the bull horn factor in Bullee, and Insector was too bulky. I'm sorry but Kit didn't have that rabbit factor for me. Yeah she looks feminine, but the rabbit part. So my vote went for Ice Dargon Draglacier.

gallery_110528_107_5250.jpg