• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

Half Mutated Vakama

Vakama Hordika half

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Gengar

Gengar
  • Members
  • Defender of Mata Nui

• 16-February 13
  • 2,194 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 09 2013 - 09:10 PM

A drawing I did for fun of Vakama after an incomplete Hordika mutation. Took me like 3-4 hours, using a pencil. Link to drawing(too big) here. I got inspired after re-watching the Hordika commercials when Vakama mutates in the cocoon.

Edited by Takua Dragonstar7, Mar 10 2013 - 10:30 PM.

#2 Offline Sumiki

Sumiki
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Forum Assistants
  • Hat Enterprises CEO

• 04-September 06
  • 11,367 posts
  •   BZP Assistant

Posted Mar 09 2013 - 09:32 PM

[font="Palatino;"]I'm really getting an animalistic vibe from this ... I don't know if it's the pencil sketches that look a bit like mangey fur, or the almost wolflike mask, but I think you did a better job at capturing the Hordika-like nature here than the official set.It looks like you were going for an asymmetrical half-mutation but abandoned that after the torso and arms. I'd really like to see you go for the same look with the legs - not to the same degree as the upper torso, but enough to get even more of that half-mutated look.[/font]

tumblr_ngen45A4Ri1tryxewo3_1280.png

#3 Offline Gengar

Gengar
  • Members
  • Defender of Mata Nui

• 16-February 13
  • 2,194 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 10 2013 - 07:52 AM

Thanks. About the "fur" they were supposed to be kind of like spikes randomly sticking out to represent the mutation, just that I put too many pencil strokes on them. About the legs, for his right leg, it is "un-mutated" from about slightly above the ankle to the foot, and for the other one the foot is his Metru one. It's just hard to see because again, I put a lot of pencil lines and stuff on it.

#4 Offline Tommy_

Tommy_
  • Members
  • Tohunga

• 02-September 12
  • 54 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 10 2013 - 07:56 AM

Nice, are you going to add colour to it?

I turned out to be exactly the grown-up I wanted to be.
A child - but with a credit card.

wsjf4.png

Kanohi upside down = epic beard.

We've all tried it, don't deny it.

#5 Offline Gengar

Gengar
  • Members
  • Defender of Mata Nui

• 16-February 13
  • 2,194 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 10 2013 - 07:59 AM

Probably but like I said in another topic of mine, coloring somehow messes up the details of my drawings. I'll probably outline with a thin black marker, then do it.

#6 Offline AdaptingChaos

AdaptingChaos
  • Members
  • Battling Makuta!

• 16-February 13
  • 516 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 10 2013 - 09:22 AM

Nice drawing man! I really like the way you drew the chest :)

EDIT: I also see that you made his left half Toa Metru, nice!

Edited by AdaptingChaos, Mar 10 2013 - 09:23 AM.

#7 Offline ToaOfAwesome

ToaOfAwesome
  • Members
  • Toa

• 16-February 13
  • 194 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 10 2013 - 12:26 PM

Cool. Once again I like how you made him look more realistic and less like the set form.

Rust%2BServer%2BBanner%2B%28Small%29.png

250-100new2.gif

You heard it! Vote for my brand new Rust Server so I can get some players on it!

I also have a Steam Group for it called Nice Rust Players! (NiRuPl)

Add me on Steam! My name is either Pyrous Red or ToaOfAwesome!

#8 Offline Gengar

Gengar
  • Members
  • Defender of Mata Nui

• 16-February 13
  • 2,194 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 10 2013 - 07:11 PM

Nice drawing man! I really like the way you drew the chest :)EDIT: I also see that you made his left half Toa Metru, nice!

Thanks. The Metru side is based on the movie, and not the whole left side. The leg is almost all Hordika, but the foot and halfway down the knee and foot is Metru. 

Cool. Once again I like how you made him look more realistic and less like the set form.

Thanks again. One thing to say, I don't like drawing the set form. Though I did once, but I was focused on drawing still objects and decided to do a Bionicle set. Too boring and complicated. I like to modify the bodies into more realistic, more human-ish.

#9 Offline AdaptingChaos

AdaptingChaos
  • Members
  • Battling Makuta!

• 16-February 13
  • 516 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 10 2013 - 10:09 PM

No problem :) Also great detail!

#10 Offline Gengar

Gengar
  • Members
  • Defender of Mata Nui

• 16-February 13
  • 2,194 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 10 2013 - 11:20 PM

Again, thanks. I was really proud of the details on this one, which was better than any other Bionicle drawings I made(then again, I don't draw Bionicle a lot).

#11 Offline Vakama-san

Vakama-san
  • Members
  • Toa

• 16-October 12
  • 189 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 14 2013 - 10:41 AM

That looks great, Takua Dragonstar7! Nice job!Please try to make your posts include informative feedback and/or criticism. What about it makes it great? What do you like about it? Just saying it looks 'good' is spam. -B6

Edited by Black Six, Mar 14 2013 - 12:19 PM.

Posted Image

#12 Offline The Otter

The Otter
  • Members
  • Voya Nui Discovered

• 18-April 07
  • 12,551 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 17 2013 - 02:03 PM

The only thing I didn't like about the drawing was the mask. It seemed like you could have made the transition a bit smoother, like with the rest of the drawing.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users